Fall Out Boy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xLiNdS x 622x
Fall Out Boy definitely deserve their own thread..they're my favorite band and they're really original

i heart Fall Out Boy

If you dont know who they are, go here http://www.falloutboyrock.com/ or http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=fall+out+boy and watch one of their videos because they're awesome! rockon

SlipknoT
Awful Band.

Ladyluck
eek! fall out boy is for lovers!!

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Awful Band.
thumb down
Originally posted by Ladyluck
eek! fall out boy is for lovers!!
thumb up

Korri
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
i heart Fall Out Boy

That says it all.

Df02
Fall Out Boy definitely deserve their own thread..they're my favorite band and they're really original

i heart Fall Out Boy

If you dont know who they are, go here http://www.falloutboyrock.com/ or http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=fall+out+boy and watch one of their videos because they're awesome! rockon

they're ok, but get very old very fast, quality pop for when you're in the mood.

I <3 pop

cad
there ok.

Red Superfly
Who's this now?

Korri
A Band whos lead singer was boy who fell out of a tree and is now paralyzed from the waste down and now has depression so he is singing about it and omfg EmO iS tEh cOoLeSt.

Df02
they arent really emo are they... they're pop punk.

-Funky Punk-
i like em.. but the vido for Sugar, were going down is soo messed up.. but i like the song

SnakeEyes
I think their pretty cool and I'm planning on seeing them on the Warped Tour soon.

infern07
yall suck man

infern07
itz kindof sadHappy Dancezorro

-Funky Punk-
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think their pretty cool and I'm planning on seeing them on the Warped Tour soon.

cool

Originally posted by infern07
itz kindof sadHappy Dancezorro

could you possibly spell so people can understand it?

xLiNdS x 622x
me too happy

infern07
who careszorro

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by infern07
who careszorro
apparently i do no expression

infern07
well i dont
zorro

infern07
so shut up about itzorro

xLiNdS x 622x
no no expression

tomsgurlz
I can honestly say it's all good.. no you shut up ^

xLiNdS x 622x
wow...ok then

SlipknoT
Congrats, You're well on your way to being banned! thumb up

infern07
yayzorro

infern07
i dont even like this place so **** u all bitches
zorro

Df02
Originally posted by tomsgurlz
I can honestly say it's all good.. no you shut up ^

the kid in the pic you attached looks like a pasty-skinned 90's throwback with those curtains

Morgoths_Wrath
they're not too bad

SlipknoT
They're terrible.

StinkFist462
they suck.

SnakeEyes
Hmmm, what a surprise, SlipKnot and StinkFist agreeing on everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

barbarossa
Originally posted by Df02
they arent really emo are they... they're pop punk.

*Vomits* I HATE "Pop punk". Fallout boy in particular is on my shit-list.

SlipknoT
Eh, I consider them Emo shit.

SlipknoT
Hmmm, what a surprise, SlipKnot and StinkFist agreeing on everything. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

StinkFist462
Hmmm, what a surprise, SlipKnot and StinkFist agreeing on everything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

we dont agree on everything. i think we both just dont like pop punk/emo and whatnot.

Darthburgerking
I don't think there emo, but damn... they suck, and the fact that they are going to be on the warped tour, but Bad religion and Voodoo glow skulls aren't going to be what the hell is with that shit!!!!!!! It's cool if there sucky music stays away from me, but when they get put on the warped tour... ergh...

xLiNdS x 622x
you just have a different taste in music..that doesn't necessarily mean they "suck"...i personally like emo/punk music...i dont like slayer or slipknot but i'm not gonna say they suck because well, i dont listen to them so i wouldnt really know about their "musical talents" or whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

StinkFist462
could be. or just that they suck.

xLiNdS x 622x
ok i was just using that as an example...saying i dont like them but that doesnt mean they suck erm

SlipknoT
you just have a different taste in music..that doesn't necessarily mean they "suck"...i personally like emo/punk music...i dont like slayer or slipknot but i'm not gonna say they suck because well, i dont listen to them so i wouldnt really know about their "musical talents" or whatever roll eyes (sarcastic) Well then do yourself a Favor and Put down the Fall Out Boy Records and Go Pick Up Reign in Blood.

barbarossa
y emo/punk *Cough* Who said Fallout Boy was "Punk"?

Df02
they're pop-punk

barbarossa
they're pop-punk

I know. no expression

Df02
pop-punk is still punk... just pussy punk

Kumar
pop-punk is still punk... just pussy punk

not really. pop-punk really has nothing to do with real punk. it is just looked at that way because it has the word POP in front of it and everyone knows that pop music sucks. pop-punk isn't really pop OR punk. it is a category all of its own.

Df02
it is based upon punk styles... just like Hardcore is based on punk styles.
just like nu metal is still metal

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Kumar
not really. pop-punk really has nothing to do with real punk. it is just looked at that way because it has the word POP in front of it and everyone knows that pop music sucks. pop-punk isn't really pop OR punk. it is a category all of its own. Yea, Shit.

Imaginary
Well my friend gave me their song "Sugar we're going down" so I'll listen to it and make my decision.

Ok, 30 seconds and it's CRAP!

StinkFist462
stupid antler boy.

Pyrofly
i love fall out boy! happy kick-ass band

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by Pyrofly
i love fall out boy! happy kick-ass band
thank you! roll eyes (sarcastic)

SlipknoT
Wrong.

xLiNdS x 622x
hush nono

SlipknoT
*Smacks*

xLiNdS x 622x
chair

barbarossa
it is based upon punk styles... just like Hardcore is based on punk styles.
just like nu metal is still metal

No. It's not. It's POP shit dressed up with another word to make it seem better. no expression

SlipknoT
^Yep, Just like how Simple Plan Fans Refer to Simple Plan as Pop Punk despite them being as far from punk as you can get.

xLiNdS x 622x
who cares what the hell they're labeled as? that doesnt mean shit...just because society puts them into a certain "category" that doesnt decide whether they suck or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

barbarossa
who cares what the hell they're labeled as? that doesnt mean shit...just because society puts them into a certain "category" that doesnt decide whether they suck or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, as a rule things labeled "Pop punk" and "emo' suck. So... Go suck a lemon. no expression

xLiNdS x 622x
ok well what would you label as emo?

SlipknoT
who cares what the hell they're labeled as? that doesnt mean shit...just because society puts them into a certain "category" that doesnt decide whether they suck or not roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes, you're right, the music decides whether or not they suck, and Fall Out Boy in Fact Suck.

xLiNdS x 622x
whether you like them or not doesnt determine whether they suck or not
anywho, this is a thread about fall out boy..not a music category debate roll eyes (sarcastic)

SlipknoT
No, my opinion dosent Decide whether or not they suck, its Just a fact that they suck.

barbarossa
ok well what would you label as emo?

I don't define it. Thats already been done. no expression

Rob Owns You
They're terrible.

Darthburgerking
Sure you can say that it's unfair to say a band just sucks, so let me re-prhase it so it's politically correct *ahem ahem*
Fallout boy in my opinion suck, and furthermore.... I can't keep this charade up, I mean what the hell they don't even play their instruments well there just like every other pop/punk band, but wait is unfair to say they suck just because of the style they do, but that's not what I'm saying the fact is Simple plan, Good Charolette, Blink 182, Sum 41, Fallout boy and many other's just suck and happen to be in the same genre of music, that is why you can determine that pop/punk and fallout boy, suck serious ass. oh in my opinion.

drunkpunk
punk music like all rock music is based on political views from a supposed minority which reflect our society. fallout boys have the style of a punk band and some of there songs have poluitical meanings to them HOWEVER some are about love and shit like that which therefore makes them kinda popy but also punk but Id like to call them punk I listen to them alot as well as dropkick murphys, bouncing souls, pennywise and of course SUM 41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SlipknoT
How do you list all those Actual Punk/Ska bands then go and list Sum41?

LiveAndLetDie
I don`t like Fall Out Boy, but I don`t think they`re complete shit either...I don`t really have a opinion about them...I will when they come out with a second single though

StinkFist462
the singers voice is probably the most annoying i have ever heard, i dont think i can withstand listening to another single.

RedAlertv2
No, my opinion dosent Decide whether or not they suck, its Just a fact that they suck.

Long ago I realized you hate music merely because of its label, so Id bet money you've listened to maybe two fallout boy songs and are saying they suck just becuase they are pop-punk. dont judge music just because of its label

drunkpunk
How do you list all those Actual Punk/Ska bands then go and list Sum41?

sum 41 rule dude I saw them in concert doing the chuck tour and it was amazing. they have definatly got better throughout the years and now what they are doing is expanding there music so that the stuff that they talk about is so much more controversial but u seem to be the kind of person whos into only one form of rock. I dont really listen to metal because what is talked about in the lyrics is the same shit really

mr.smiley
Yeah Sum41 is pretty cool.I' ve only herd one song from fallout boy but I enjoyed it.

RedAlertv2
Personally, I like Sum41 quite a bit. I think a lot of people hate them because they are kind of a pop-punk band, but I think they are better than almost all pop-punk bands, not to mention with Chuck they kind of strayed away from Pop-punk

Kumar
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Long ago I realized you hate music merely because of its label, so Id bet money you've listened to maybe two fallout boy songs and are saying they suck just becuase they are pop-punk. dont judge music just because of its label

I agree. i have found, throughout my time at KMC, that SlipKnoT's intrests are confined to pretty much hard core metal. I think that in order to really enjoy music, you have to be at least somewhat open minded. And whenever a new thread is started (as long as it isn't a metal band) SlipknoT is there to bash the band and start a huge arguement.

drunkpunk
I agree it does seem to be that way maybe all the depression has gone to slipnots head kumar knows what he is talking about preach on lol

bardock
their wierd as hell with their deer video

Df02
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
they don't even play their instruments well

i'd love to see you play a Children of Bodom solo while jumping and spinning around a stage...

they're entertaining, not the highest quality music, but they manage to play their songs CD perfect while putting on a pretty damn good stage show...

infern07
personaly i think they suck ass but if some of u like them then sure good for u but they still suck hard ass in my bookzorro

RedAlertv2
I think theyre cool. Great live show

StinkFist462
seriously. if i was that old fart i would have arched his ass.

SnakeEyes
i'd love to see you play a Children of Bodom solo while jumping and spinning around a stage...

they're entertaining, not the highest quality music, but they manage to play their songs CD perfect while putting on a pretty damn good stage show...

Couldn't have said it better myself wink

SnakeEyes
BUMP... I just heard most of their new album and I really like it... I am getting tired of Sugar We're Going Down, because I've heard it so many times though. The other songs on the album, however, are really good and surprisingly different from one another (I thought they would all be very similar and most of them aren't). I also have respect for this band and what they do live, so that might hinder my judgement slightly. But, everyone who hasn't given them a chance just because of their single or some of the other "fanboys" in this thread, should check em out; you might like them.

RedAlertv2
I havent listened to them too much besides a handfull of songs, but Ill check out their new cd more. They are a pretty cool band. Fun to listen to and good to see live.

el_barto

i heart Fall Out Boy

I'm going to be an ******* and bump this smile

They're a crappy rip-off of Jimmy Eat world that all the little emo/goth kids are going all, "OmFg they r0cK my s0x"

SnakeEyes
They really aren't a ripoff of J.E.W. ya know...

Anyway, you're right about the fanboys/girls, they are VERY annoying, but I have learned to ignore them...

el_barto
Well all the little fan girls in my art class bring this cd in and it all sounds exactly like Jimmy Eat World. That's just where I am coming from, just as long as your not one of those idiot teeny boppers with no logic, I dont really mind if you like them.

SnakeEyes
Nope, I'm definitely not. I don't flock to bands because they're popular. I listen to bands based on their music and how much I enjoy listening to it.

el_barto
Good for you smile.

Dr. Strangelove
Why do people say this band is really original?

They've the same sound as any other regular pop-punk band from what I've heard.

RedAlertv2
Who said they were original?

sully_2u
My Chemical Romance isnt that good and i STILL dont see why Fall Out Boy won over them at the MTV Video Awards

SnakeEyes
To be honest, I really don't care who wins MTV awards. They're kinda pointless.

Wolf Dog
Worst name for a band ever. Is MTV dead yet? Hurry up.

RedAlertv2
Im actually pretty sure they didnt even think of their name. They played at a show and asked the audience for suggestions and took the first one yelled out. Or so I hear

Aj333
I love what i've heard of thiers so far! Haven't heard much but like what i've heard! I'm going to buy album asap

megapunk1235ALT
Decent band. I've only heard 'sugar we're going down'.
But yeah they're ok.ALthough I pretty much like "the killers" more.

infern07
they are not ok they suck big time who ever friggin produced them i willl like kill him for putting them on air....(zorro)

infern07
zorro*

Solo
Gay band name. I believe that it came from a superhero in a Simpsons episode. But I could be wrong.

RedAlertv2
Why the hell is everyone judging them because of their name? That shouldnt matter one bit

Commando Queen
I love the song Don't Put Baby In The Corner lol yeahs

xLiNdS x 622x
Sugar We're Going Down isn't even one of their better songs...i hate MTV so much for playing Fall Out Boy..and no i'm not a teeny bopper..i've liked them for about 2 years now..my favorite song is A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More Touch Me in_love And they're great live happy

el_barto
Dont like them, never will. They're a bad Jimmy Eat World rip-off.

xLiNdS x 622x
Originally posted by el_barto
So i've heard roll eyes (sarcastic)Originally posted by el_barto
I'm going to be an ******* and bump this smile

They're a crappy rip-off of Jimmy Eat world that all the little emo/goth kids are going all, "OmFg they r0cK my s0x"
Well all the little fan girls in my art class bring this cd in and it all sounds exactly like Jimmy Eat World. That's just where I am coming from, just as long as your not one of those idiot teeny boppers with no logic, I dont really mind if you like them.

oooooh i forgot about Dead on Arrival <---yea that's my favorite song happy

barbarossa

Eew, don't even put the two names in the same sentence. FOB is nowhere near Jimmy Eat World.

SnakeEyes
They also don't sound like Jimmy Eat World...

el_barto
So i've heard roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ha, sorry. I lose track of my posts sometimes.

XCall 0f KtuluX
I can't even begin to express how much I hate Fallout boy. I hate "emo" music (and I use the term loosely) in general. Some girl in my social studies class was ranting on and on about how much they rocked and how "amazing" they were, so I kicked her in the throat. That's how much I hate Fallout Boy. Real musicians could play circles around them. I'm talking about musicians like Richie Blackmore, Tony Iommi, Kirk Hammett, Dime Bag Darell, people like that. Those are the real musicians, none of this pussy shit "emo" stuff.

SnakeEyes
Wow, you're an ass.

el_barto
^ I second that motion.

MetalHeart
Awful Band.

i second that. their bullet was absolutly horrible

infern07
i third that zorro

CHRIZZLE
I really hate faggotboy or whterver there name is! they ****ing suck so much. people who like them should listen to other rock bands, like killswitch engage, metallica, slayer, van halen, pantera, ozzy, system of a down, disturbed, godsmack, or Aerosmith.
****ING FACE IT FALLOUT BOY IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

CHRIZZLE
So i've heard roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dude are you gay or something?

MetalHeart
Originally posted by CHRIZZLE
I really hate faggotboy or whterver there name is! they ****ing suck so much. people who like them should listen to other rock bands, like killswitch engage, metallica, slayer, van halen, pantera, ozzy, system of a down, disturbed, godsmack, or Aerosmith.
****ING FACE IT FALLOUT BOY IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

and they are a bunch of has-beens (or should i say never-was) they're one of the worst bands ever!! if i get my guitar right now and pluck randon strings i'd make better music that gay out boy can ever hope to make and i'm sure most people here will agree.

*Georgina_A*
I think Fall Out Boy are awesome. Regardless of what other people in thread say erm because it's really just sad, offending other people's tastes.

el_barto
Originally posted by CHRIZZLE
Dude are you gay or something?

You're a big homophobe arent you?

PeaveyROcker
i liked fall out boy at first but then thwy got old and really over played.

plus i saw their concert at Nokia wired thingy and they sucked live.

SnakeEyes
Fall Out Boy didn't "get old", but yes, their single did get overplayed a lot, which is why I don't like it anymore. And you say they sucked live? I've seen em live and they were actually very good. I was surprised.

inuyashapuppy!!
i cant under stand why eolple dont like fall out boy they are sooo soo soo cute and i love there songs i realy like suger were going doun it rock

el_barto
Originally posted by inuyashapuppy!!
i cant under stand why eolple dont like fall out boy they are sooo soo soo cute and i love there songs i realy like suger were going doun it rock

Your post

I can't understand why people dont like Fall Out Boy, they are sooo soo soo cute and I love their songs and I really like Sugar We're Going Down it rock

See any difference between those two quotes? That is one of the many reasons I hate Fall Out Boy, because their fans are ****ing idiots most of the time.

SnakeEyes
I must admit... I loathe almost every Fall Out Boy fan in existence. I try not to let that get me down, though.

el_barto

Oh, and liking a band just because they look "sooo soo soo cute" does not make you an actual fan.

Susan Delgado
Your post

See any difference between those two quotes? That is one of the many reasons I hate Fall Out Boy, because their fans are ****ing idiots most of the time. May I ask why? I think most fans of anything are idiots sometimes just because they get so into what they like, thats the way I am with Lord of the Rings.

fuct_up_kid
Originally posted by flirtybaby

^
That's why people don't like Fall Out Boy.
Think before you post, yeah?

I quite like FOB, just despise their fans.

*Georgina_A*
You shouldn't judge a band by their fans...plus, I don't know what the "fans" you're talking about are like, but I'm a fan and so are my friends and there's nothing wrong with us...erm

Just let people post what they want about their favourite or whatever band, it doesn't really put you out, does it...

el_barto
It just anoys me that I have to hear, "OMFG Fall0ut Boy is sooooo cute and danc3 dance is teh coolest song evvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrr". Half of the people I know who like them are really stupid. And I didn't say that was the only reason I disliked them, I also don't really like the way they sound, oh well. You can listen to them if you wan't, just don't talk to me about how cute the basist is and how awesome they are.

Ladyluck
love

.Dance_Inside.
we're going down down in an earlier round..
and sugar we're going down swinging..
I'll be your number one with the bullet
a loaded god complex..
cock it and pull it

yay! I figured that out myself! it took me forever because the lead singer is so flipping hard to understand when he sings!

bordom

i heart Fall Out Boy

They are pretty good

*Georgina_A*
It just anoys me that I have to hear, "OMFG Fall0ut Boy is sooooo cute and danc3 dance is teh coolest song evvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrr". Half of the people I know who like them are really stupid. And I didn't say that was the only reason I disliked them, I also don't really like the way they sound, oh well. You can listen to them if you wan't, just don't talk to me about how cute the bassist is and how awesome they are.

As far as I know, I haven't been going on about how cute the bassist is at all erm and if I want to talk about how awesome the band are, that's my choice. I'm not saying it especially to you, there are other fans out there...

And if you hate them so much, and don't want people talking about how "awesome they are", then why even bother posting or even reading this thread where there's bound to be Fall Out Boy fans?

BunnyCupCakes
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
As far as I know, I haven't been going on about how cute the bassist is at all erm and if I want to talk about how awesome the band are, that's my choice. I'm not saying it especially to you, there are other fans out there...

And if you hate them so much, and don't want people talking about how "awesome they are", then why even bother posting or even reading this thread where there's bound to be Fall Out Boy fans?

True true.
The person is expressing their own opnion...........that's not a bad thing u know. Ppl can't help it cuz they are fans of them.

Yeah .Dance Inside.
I have the SAME problem understanding him in that song..but it's a good song still, even though they play it SO many times on the radio.............I like Dance Dance more^_^

el_barto
Well I'm expressing my opinion in the thread. It's bound to happen, it's a thread about Fall Out Boy and people that dislike them are bound to show up and talk about how much they dislike them.

*Georgina_A*
Well I'm expressing my opinion in the thread. It's bound to happen, it's a thread about Fall Out Boy and people that dislike them are bound to show up and talk about how much they dislike them.

Yeah, I agree with you. But at the same time, there's of course going to be fans, and you don't seem too happy when you see a fan erm that's why I'm asking why even bother coming to the thread, but whatever.

Black Flag
OK, listening to a band just because you like thier bass guitarist is the dumbest reason to listen.
Try listening to a band that doesnt sound like a whining little baby. At least try listening to a real band.

Black Flag
They're just a group of posers.

el_barto
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
Yeah, I agree with you. But at the same time, there's of course going to be fans, and you don't seem too happy when you see a fan erm that's why I'm asking why even bother coming to the thread, but whatever.

I dont mind fans really, for instance, I don't mind you because you're a smart fan. I dislike the fans that are to lazy to spell and make retarded comments.

fruits
emo=poop, and fallout boy is emo, but for some reason, i kind of like them. some of their songs are good, cuz they're not about stupid things, and i went to see these guys in concert, and ive gotta admit they are VERY entertaining to watch

SnakeEyes
Agreed ^

*Georgina_A*
I dont mind fans really, for instance, I don't mind you because you're a smart fan. I dislike the fans that are to lazy to spell and make retarded comments.

Point taken happy

el_barto
Glad to know thumbsup.

Antaresvariant
Originally posted by BunnyCupCakes
True true.
The person is expressing their own opnion...........that's not a bad thing u know. Ppl can't help it cuz they are fans of them.

Yeah .Dance Inside.
I have the SAME problem understanding him in that song..but it's a good song still, even though they play it SO many times on the radio.............I like Dance Dance more^_^

True, one should respect others' musical opinions. However, like in any art form, one can differentiate between good and bad. Clearly, we can tell that the Mona Lisa is a greater piece of art than a 2nd grader's stick figure drawing. I'm a music performance major. Having studied music for several years, I can identify similar, overused patterns in music. FOB's songs use the same series of power chords, only in different orders, tempos, key's, etc. The singer, for some reason, never sings above the fifth scale degree, which is suprisingle common in many "pop-rock" / "emo" (whatever the hell you want to call it) bands. ultimately, FOB's music (if you even dare to call it such) is agonizingly simplistic and excrutiatingly dull to anyone with a sophisticated taste. So, with all opinions aside, FOB still sucks. It's sad that it's gotten to such a factual level. It is because of FOB's (and many other's) overwhelming popularity that good, unappreciated music will die, and true, hard-working musicians like me will be left unemployed. There's good music in any genre; it's a shame not enough people listen to it.

Neo_Version 7
Bump!

I set my clocks early coz I know I'm always late! stick out tongue

Neo_Version 7
Does anyone have any tips on how to stop listening to Fall Out Boy?

jks
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LhKS4Pb8UD4

Becky4BJ
I love FOB - I recently bought their album and it was a brilliant investment. Their style is different from what's around at the moment, and is a refreshing break from Green-Day wannabee-punk bands. It is deffinately a little Emo, but not pop-rock.
wink

el_barto

Alpha Centauri
You just copied and pasted that, first off. At least claim knowledge if it's your own, don't whore off wikipedia and then act like it's yours.

Second, there have been countless attempts to show people what emo is and what it isn't, and they still don't get it. So just cut out with the BS.

-AC

el_barto
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You just copied and pasted that, first off. At least claim knowledge if it's your own, don't whore off wikipedia and then act like it's yours.

Second, there have been countless attempts to show people what emo is and what it isn't, and they still don't get it. So just cut out with the BS.

-AC

I forgot to say that I didnt write it, sorry. If you noticed I posted it in the Panic! At the Disco thread and said I didnt write it. And I can at least try to let these people know that what they're calling "Emo" really isnt emo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>