106 Greatest Bands...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1

PINBALL
Are these the 106 best or just your favorite because if its supposed to be the 106 best there are some on there that have no right to be there

PINBALL
These ones should not be on the list
79(worst on the whole list)

Lana
It was voted for by listeners, so of course there was going to be some that are crap on there.

Though I very much disagree with you saying that No Doubt, White Stripes and Audioslave don't belong on there.

When I saw that list though, I was amazed at how high RATM is....and the number of far more popular bands that placed so far below it.

PINBALL
No Doubt is horrible and so are the White Stripes Audio Slave could go either way

Lana
No Doubt was great, frankly Gwen Stefani made a huge mistake in going solo. White Stripes is simply awesome, as is Audioslave. It took me a while to really like Audioslave as I'm a huge fan of RATM so I was overly critical of them.

But apparently we have different tastes in music.

Tptmanno1
I don't really Like No Doubt, but their not nearly the worst..
White Stripes have my Respect...
And Audioslave, well Worse stuff on there, and i have to support Tom and the guys...

Lana
I've listened to No Doubt since I was about 8 years old stick out tongue

SlipknoT

Imaginary
Originally posted by Lana
I've listened to No Doubt since I was about 8 years old stick out tongue

Same stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
I think No Doubt fellate genitalia.

Because they're just a novelty band that wore off. Hence Gwen Stefani going solo. They were just the "safe" area for teenyboppers who didn't wanna be called Rock fans but didn't wanna be stuck in the teeny phase forever. They suck. Gwen Stefani doesn't know if she wants to be a wannabe R&B girl or a "Rock" chick....or a fashion designer.

I could cut an unbelievable amount of bands off that list.

-AC

Df02
i read the first band and gave up. the list is diabolical

Bardock42
The Smiths on place 23 I am suprised....well I'd put them Higher, but I am not a big fan of Morrisseys Solo stuff so that's all right I guess.....

Tptmanno1
Its Listener Voted, so yea, there is gonna be alot of crap on there,
But still, I was amazed how many good bands are accually on there, as opposed to most lists.

Lana
Which is why I said it was a good list. Compared to most user-voted lists, there is an amazing number of really good bands on there. I mean, in the top 20 alone there's Depeche Mode, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine,The Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, System Of A Down, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, Weezer, and Pearl Jam. 13 of the top 20 are excellent bands (at least IMO). Most user-voted lists have a LOT more garbage in them than this did.

MetallicaT

Alpha Centauri
Marilyn Manson and Stone Temple Pilots but no Audioslave?

Strange. Considering Audioslave are excellent and those two are shit and average respectively.

-AC

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Lana
Which is why I said it was a good list. Compared to most user-voted lists, there is an amazing number of really good bands on there. I mean, in the top 20 alone there's Depeche Mode, Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine,The Cure, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, System Of A Down, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Clash, Weezer, and Pearl Jam. 13 of the top 20 are excellent bands (at least IMO). Most user-voted lists have a LOT more garbage in them than this did.

^What she said yes

Lana
Originally posted by Darth Revan
^What she said yes

happy

I honestly was shocked (but very pleased) to see RATM at #7...

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Marilyn Manson and Stone Temple Pilots but no Audioslave?

Strange. Considering Audioslave are excellent and those two are shit and average respectively.

-AC

thats nice wink

Dresta
a bit of a biased list there no R'n'B no Hip Hop what about Run DMC Public Enemy and N.W.A how can they not be in the top 100 bands list they're better then almost all of your list.

Lana
....it's a list voted for by listeners of a rock station.

Df02
Originally posted by Dresta
a bit of a biased list there no R'n'B no Hip Hop what about Run DMC Public Enemy and N.W.A how can they not be in the top 100 bands list they're better then almost all of your list.

imo band suggests instruments, that'd be why there's no RnB etc - also it was a rock station

Dresta
never realised that but how is Coldplay and many others there rock

Cinemaddiction
This list, like every other list like it, and you people's opinions of who belongs and who doesn't are precisely that.

Opinions. Just keep that in mind, and remember that these lists are worthless.

Dresta
yes, yes they are

Wolf Dog
ew radiohead 15 i live in L.A to by the way

el_barto
How the **** does My Chemical Romance beat The Cars miffed

Tptmanno1
Radiohead is awesome,
Very deserving of their spot, maybe even higher.

Swanky-Tuna
No Rush? Pah to most of that list!

el_barto
The Who is no where to be seen

Myth
Not the worst list in the world but there are some definite flaws (aka Beastie Boys on that list at all let alone #10).

RagnaViper
Surprising, this is a really good list.

Never in my life would I expect Depeche Mode to be in the number 2 spot. That alone deserves much applause.

RedAlertv2
That list is pretty good. I disagree with quite a few, but that is expected on such a long list. But seriously, the Beastie Boys? Are they even rock?

xXsparrowXx
*.* youre smart, but greenday shouldnt be there.

AFI pwns, and i may not've read the list right, but rise against isnt up there...bleh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.