2005 Tour de France

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PINBALL
I think Lance will once again win but I heard that there was a random drug search and they only did it to one of the athletes and i just happened to be Lance so much for random
Wow the French suck

Dexx
lance is one of the greates athletes that ever lived.
i don't really watch tour de france.....but with hisr eputation, he might win it. i'm not going to vote, though

forumcrew
dont see how you could ever vote against him

Dexx
well..he's currently led by 2 seconds smile

forumcrew
he leads by 55 secs last i saw and hes no usualy leading this early

PINBALL
Yeah he leads by 55 sec and i guarantee a win for him and yes he is one of the greatest athletes ever

G.P
Originally posted by PINBALL
Wow the French suck Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

And yes I think Lance will win again.

PINBALL
?

Dexx
well..typical anti-nationalistic attitude from you gp stick out tongue

vagaryatwill
Lance will do well. I really hope he wins since it's his last tour.

G.P
Let's just say that after 2 years on the boards I'm used to this. But this is the second time in 3 days that some members enjoys himself in mocking the French for no reason and I'm tired of it.

As a matter of fact I am not really a nationalist but I don't like "free criticism".

So :

-If Lance had to do a drug test, this wasn't a random test on one person. Such things don't exist. Usually they pick a dozen persons. So please check whe

-As 6 times winner of the Tour and as the target of hundreds of accusations of doping, Lance is the racing cyclist that does the biggest amount of drug test in the entire world.

- There are 189 cyclists in this race the probability of being tested is quite high. For instance, the Int. Cyclist Union (or Association ?)

Car Guru
Lance has to won he is the best!!!

Clovie
Originally posted by G.P
Let's just say that after 2 years on the boards I'm used to this. But this is the second time in 3 days that some members enjoys himself in mocking the French for no reason and I'm tired of it.

As a matter of fact I am not really a nationalist but I don't like "free criticism".

sorry for offtopic

But you shouldn't care much about it.
it is not about frnech ppl, but about what your presidents happen to say from time to time...confused

Morning_Glory
when Lance kissed Sheryl Crow... she looked disgusted erm

PINBALL
Lance is the greatest athlete in the world and the mountains are his best he will dominate tomorrow and GP i have no idea what you are talking about
The French government and its Olympic officials suck The Canadians should have been the only gold medalists and the russians should have got silver

yerssot
so does the American government, but when people talk about that most americans will bash you to death, including insults that you wouldn't even call the worse of all animals...

so PINBALL, lets try to keep a thread about cycling strictly about cycling, if you chose to have a word about the French government, I'm sure you'll get responce in the GDF, just be aware people will gladly participate in bashing your government in return

Clovie
The Canadians should have been the only gold medalists and the russians should have got silver and why is that? blink
*checks age of the person* not given...my guess would be 14.

PINBALL
yerssot this is my thread and i can talk about anything i want and it still is kinda on the same topic it has to do with the French

yerssot
freshen up here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack

Posting In The Relevant Forums
Check to make sure you are posting in the right place. If opening a thread in the Discussion areas- either the General Discussion or Off-topic forums- check first to see if it would be better posted elsewhere. We have seperate art, TV, video games, music, fiction and- of course!- film areas (including threads for actors) where such topics should be posted. If posting about a film, check to see if that film has its own area before posting in the generic Movie Discussion thread.

you have absolutely no rights on your thread, you made a topic, you stick to it. In this case: the Tour de France

G.P
GP i have no idea what you are talking about
I'm just stating that a random drug search on one person makes no sense. That doesn't exist. If Lance had to undergo a drug test and was the only one at some point, it was for other reasons. This is just some french-bashing disinformation.

ElectricBugaloo
it's not only the french, the french officials don't have the final say on drug tests, it has to go through all the cycling commissions who sanction the event to make a drug test.

for the best TDF coverage, go to bicycling.com/tourdefrance Go to Minute by Minute and read backwards for each stage; it's the next best thing to watching it on OLN.

Also, I usually update every couple of days on edited my site and I'll update more often since the mountain stages start in earnest tomorrow. This is for if you don't feel like reading the whole minute by minute thing. I've learned more from the bicycling.com site than almost anything else. WEll, that and the 5 magazines with lance on teh cover that I've read this year.

ElectricBugaloo
Lance lost the yellow today - but before everyone pancs, he probably has a very good reason. With the toughest stage in this year's tomorrow to come Tuesday (rest day tomorrow), Lance does not want for his team to have to defend the yellow jersey from the constant attacks that will surely come - instead his team can bide their time and wait to make an attack.

The final outcome should probably be decided in the next two stages, two mountain stages with monster climbs.

Rasmussen's stage win today was impressive - from 4km out, he was in control the whole way, and easily won the stage.

PINBALL
I am just angry that the french think lance is cheating because he is so good

Dexx
no spamming, electric.

yerssot this is my thread and i can talk about anything i want and it still is kinda on the same topic it has to do with the French
stop breaking my balls here, mack wink
let's all get along now

G.P
I am just angry that the french think lance is cheating because he is so good Unfortunately for you, "the French" (which are 60 million, so that makes a lot of jealous haters in the same place) are not the only one to think that.

ElectricBugaloo
Look, Lance is the most tested athlete in world, and the only time he has EVER used EPO is when he was undergoing chemotherapy. THe reason he wins the Tour consistently is that he builds his entire year just for this race. Other teams go for the Giro or the Vuelta, but Lance is all about the Tour. Also, his lung capacity is actually bigger than MIguel Indurain's, when he was a professional triathlete in his teens, even then, his body was better suited for endurance racing than all of his competitors. He's just built for cycling. Deal with it. He doesn't cheat.

yerssot
that's why some people don't consider him as "the best athlete" ever since he only focuses on one tour and not on other classic bikeraces

Dexx
yeah but considering what he's been through....his performances are amazing.

ElectricBugaloo
He's still the unanimous choice as the best bike rider of his generation, ask any of the riders, they will tell you that.

I wrote articles on the past two stages on my edited by Dexx site

Dexx
i told you no spamming

ElectricBugaloo
wtf. it has to do with this, you think i'm spamming to get the one hit from this? jesus. what the hell is up wiht the mods here?

G.P
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Look, Lance is the most tested athlete in world, and the only time he has EVER used EPO is when he was undergoing chemotherapy. THe reason he wins the Tour consistently is that he builds his entire year just for this race. Other teams go for the Giro or the Vuelta, but Lance is all about the Tour. Also, his lung capacity is actually bigger than MIguel Indurain's, when he was a professional triathlete in his teens, even then, his body was better suited for endurance racing than all of his competitors. He's just built for cycling. Deal with it. He doesn't cheat. I don't know if you're talking to me, because I've never said L.A was cheating. I actually don't give a damn.

BTW : have you seen the animated movie Les Triplettes de Belleville (aka Belleville Rendez-Vous (UK)/The Triplets of Belleville (USA)) ? There's a funny part about the Tour de France. smile

PS: . So don't get mad at Dexx.

Dexx
yep..orders from high above...sry.

PINBALL
Now Lance is up by like a minute and a half

forumcrew
i dont get what he did wrong with that link? but ah well. I definantly think Lance will pull this out. I thought it was a little rude of him to make some of the remakrs about his team, granted i dont know a lot about it. But he seemed to call them out publicly which is never the right way to handle it.

Neo_Version 7
I wear my liveSTRONG bracelet everytime I watch the Tour. Do you guys? laughing out loud

Anyway, Lance is 2:46 ahead. This is looking good. Can't wait for the time trial.

forumcrew
Lance Wins

Dexx
smile

Clovie
he won for the 7th time? blink or i didn't understand soemthing confused

G.P
Originally posted by Clovie
he won for the 7th time? blink or i didn't understand soemthing confused yes

Clovie
and he said he is leaving cycling now?

G.P
yes

With 7 victories, he's done better than any man before him.

PINBALL
7 strait that will never be beaten

Clovie
maybe it will be beaten one day...why wouldn't it? huh

Dexx
it very well might...it's just unlikely in the near future smile

Clovie
yeah..it will take at least 8 years erm

Dexx
not only that....but people like him are extremely rare...and far between

Neo_Version 7
Yeah. My dad reckons it would be hard for someone in the future to win at least 3 straight victories.

Clovie
i guess you're right confused

Dexx
yes, well...there must be some people that care about their testicles a bit more that lance stick out tongue whistle

bad joke, i know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.