Has a movie, book, game or song ever changed your life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Here are some works that have changed the way I think.

American Beauty (movie, 1999, by Alan Bell)
Final Fantasy VIII (game, 1999, by Square)
Edward Scissorhands (movie, 1990, by Caroline Thompson)
Beautiful (song, 2003, by Christina Aguilera)
Fighter (song, 2003, by Christina Aguilera)
Revenge of the Sith (book, 2005, by Mathew Stover)

KidRock
A Christina Agulira song changed your life? laughing out loud

dark1365
Fur Elise(song, Beethoven, sixteenth century)
Prayer(song, Disturbed, 2003)

alcoholicpoet
If you're life was changed by FF VIII and Christina Aguilera, you're pretty ****ed up.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmmm. Not sure, but there is couple of books I feel distinctly richer for having read...

Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
War and Peace (well, not really richer, but at least I can say I read it) by Tolstoy

Hmmm. Music? Far to many pieces to list, not sure any really changed my view completely, but still some vital pieces out there.

dark1365
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
If you're life was changed by FF VIII and Christina Aguilera, you're pretty ****ed up.
Have you heard "Beautiful"?

alcoholicpoet
no

Lana
Originally posted by dark1365
Have you heard "Beautiful"?

You know it's a cover, right?

I wouldn't say any song or anything has actually changed my life, persay, but The Grudge by Tool and Be Yourself by Audioslave certainly had a significant impact on me. Great songs.

DarkAge

You can learn about life and the universe from the most unexpected sources.

Ken Kenobi
Star Wars made me a geek...does that count?

Lana
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Star Wars made me a geek...does that count?

Geeks....droolio I guess you could count that big grin

dark1365
Ooh!

Once Upon a Time in China(movie, Jet Li, 1993)
Got me in the martial arts hype.

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by DarkAge
You can learn about life and the universe from the most unexpected sources.

True.

KidRock
Walker Texas Ranger taught me if I take karate I can beat off 20 attackers and dodge any bullet shot at me like Chuck Norris does. Does that count?

Echuu
DANG YOU!!! I almost had that stupid show completely erased from my memory until now

alcoholicpoet
The Once and Future King, a book by TH White.

Fishy
Age of Empires 2, first thing that got me interested in history.

DeRFmAn
I would have to say my Junior year history book just because it made me want to be a history teacher but I chose to be a mechanic instead.

To Kill a Mockingbird was a GREAT book...
the Da Vinci Code also made me look at things differently...and I don't mean question my religion LOL big grin

All's Quiet on the Western Front also had a big impact on me.

Alpha Centauri
I can't pick a song that has changed my life, there have been a couple.

Lateralus by Tool, Parabol/Parabola by Tool, Third Eye by Tool etc.

-AC

Jackie Malfoy
I can't think of any movie book or game or song that has.JM

Fionnuala
Lord of the Rings as a movie and a book had a pretty significant impact on my life..

Bardock42
All's Quiet on the Western Front is a great book, don't know if it had a great impact on me but at leat some, but most books, songs, movies do....

Hmm I'd say Asimovs Robot Stories and Novels
A lot of other Sci Fi books especially by Clarke and Asimov

Oh and of course The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy had a very, very big impact on my life.....i can't explain how but it did, so did "Dirk Gently's holisitc Detectives Agency"

xLiNdS x 622x
I just watched the movie A Time To Kill yesterday and it had a pretty big impact on me and made me change my views on some things

BadKitty
one book had a huge impact on my perception of life ,Conversations with God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 1) by Neale Donald Walsch.

matter-fact, in-your-face wisdom on how to get by in life while remaining true to yourself and your spirituality.

good stuff

debbiejo
Originally posted by BadKitty
one book had a huge impact on my perception of life ,Conversations with God : An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 1) by Neale Donald Walsch.

matter-fact, in-your-face wisdom on how to get by in life while remaining true to yourself and your spirituality.

good stuff

I just read Conversations with God, Book 1 and 3 and, The last book...Thats serious good stuff!!! ..Another book that changed my thinking was the Holographic Universe..

For songs..I don't know....they just make me feel good.

BadKitty
Originally posted by debbiejo
I just read Conversations with God, Book 1 and 3 and, The last book...Thats serious good stuff!!! ..Another book that changed my thinking was the Holographic Universe..

I've been wanting to check out the other books,now that you mention it..I think I will go and look for them..thank you smile

ragesRemorse
When i was 17 i watched disney's Dinosaur trippin on acid, and it did change my life.

LLG
Some movies or songs probably changed my life, but I'm just not sure what movie or song.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
When i was 17 i watched disney's Dinosaur trippin on acid, and it did change my life.

laughing out loud

I'd have to say a whole bunc of things mixed together have changed my own perception on the world, and society. For instance the metal gear video games, have altered some of my perceptions on life. House of Scorpion(think thats right) by Nancy farmer. An extremley good book, that altered the way I view things a bit.
Scarface changed my life. It gives me a truly ambitious vision. I wouldn't say this song altered my life but i really like. Eminem's "Loose it." Speaks of ambition, and not to miss your chance in life.

Tptmanno1
ooh
hard to pin Down..

Gurrillia Warfare-Che Guevera
Live from Death Row-Mumia Abu-Jamal

Rage Against the Machine, Dunno if it was just one song, but them in general.
Hmm...
Oh!
Civilization 2
Great game, very historical too.

debbiejo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

laughing that can ruin you forever.

jaden101
i have no idea who alan bell is...but it was alan ball who has the writing credits for american beauty...and it was directed by sam mendes

DarkAge
Ball then. So what. Writers are underrated anyway, they should get more credit than the directors.

Matt_Leonhart
Even In Death: a song by Evanescence

DineshD
Jaws definetly changed my life.... everytime i went to the beach.... dun dun ... dun dun ... dun dun .....

JoeCool001
Books:
Tranceformation of America
Fingerprints of the Gods
Egyption book of the Dead
The Bible
The Satanic Bible
Vatican Assasins
Food of the Gods
The Biggest Secret
Tales from the Time Loop

Movies:
Secrets of the Matrix
The Matrix
The Corporation
Martial Law
Secrets of the Illuminati Revealed
Fight Club
Vanilla Sky
Banking with Hitler
What the Bleep do we Know

There's more than these but here's a start

mssharrow
maybe change my life but not really, inspire me or something like that I think.
big grin

spidergrl
Umm ... The Tomorrow Series ... They moved me and gave me a differnet outlook on things! wink

Primitive Screwhead
Listening to Ween's "Push the Little Daisies", or whatever it was called... taught me that some people just should not be allowed near drugs and then given license to create music. Ever.

WindDancer
There are a Ton of books that have influence me some way or another. The only one that really stands out for me is Hermann Hesse's Steppenwolf. Movies don't really do much. I just see them as entertainment. But when it comes to a certain book that change me it was defenetly Steppenwolf. I read as when I was 19 it really change me since then.

Linkalicious
No

IceWithin
The Da Vinci Code (By Dan Brown)
Almost Famous (movie)

zrockerchick
There was one song...no clue what it was called but lets just say it knocked some sense into my head!

botankus
"Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crue. Yep, that did the trick.

PINBALL
I hope not

jason maddox
the movie interstate 60 changed my life because it taught me life is not about being succesfull but about having fun with stories to tell

cking
yeah, my life changed when the song started, but when it ended it went back to normal.

GCG
Super Size Me put me off fast food

cking
yeah for how long? the sweet temptation of grilled burgers seen to win all the time.

GCG
its been a long long time + i work exactly next door to a McDonalds outlet and apart from the mess their patrons leave on the street, the smell makes me wanna puke

AdventChild
there's nothing wrong with that....FFIX(9) changed the way i think....

DarkCanadian
Cut. The. Crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.