Most Fav. Street Fighter Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I love the Street Fighter 3: Third Strike arcade version!

SaTsuJiN
same.. I got sick of those triple height jumps and beam hadokens... nothing like sweet n simple (and parries)

EvilCap America
1 MvsC2
2 SFA3
3 CvsS2

I havent ever been able to find a TS game with working controls nor could i afford the home version so i havent put much effective play time into it

Red Superfly
Street Fighter II, the original and best.

Alpha Centauri
Ironic that the sequel to Street Fighter is considered the original.

Has anyone actually played the original? Or am I the only one.

-AC

Red Superfly
Yes I have played Street Fighter.

I didn't mean Street Fighter II as in "the original" Street Fighter.

I meant Street Fighter II as in "The first Street Fighter II - before the needless updates, Turbo, Turbo EX, Mega, Uber Tournamanet, Tournament EX, Tournament EX 2 and EX Tournament 5000 Uber versions".

Thats what I meant by "the original".

StaT1c
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Street Fighter II, the original and best. Don't you mean Street Fighter II: World Warrior?

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Street Fighter II, the original and best.

Ah good ol' SF2:World Warrior aka Guile Kicks your Ass:The Game

ragesRemorse
every street fighter game after the second is the same.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
every street fighter game after the second is the same.

Except like yah know for the whole different games like the Alpha series and SF3 or the widly different Vs games,Geez thats like saying every Mario game is the same because he smashes things with his butt

Red Superfly
I have Street Fighter: World Warrior on my PSP.

I managed to get an emulator running so I can play pretty much every old SNES game on my PSP and the very first Street Fighter II is on it thumb up

SaTsuJiN
the original was called Fighting Street I believe.. thats when ryu had red shoes, and was the only playable character...

and for some reason I could never do a hadouken in that one -_-

Freaky Zeeky
SF2 and Street Fighter thrid Strike. MvC2 too.
big grin

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Except like yah know for the whole different games like the Alpha series and SF3 or the widly different Vs games,Geez thats like saying every Mario game is the same because he smashes things with his butt

Dude, the gameplay and controls have NEVER changed from any street fighter game. Hence...they are all the same.

SaTsuJiN
the controls havent changed but gameplay has.. 2 in 1's are still possible.. but when you add stuff like alpha counters and parrys , people take new precautions on how to approach opponents

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Street Fighter Alpha 2
However I'll always had a soft spot for SF2 Championship Edition

LeAtHerRFace
SF3:Third Strike a really good fighting game... probably one of the best 2d fighting game EVER... a)great grafics b)addicting/entertaining c)great cast of characters d)buddy-friendly game. What is so special about SF 2? I mean it may have been an "original" SF various selectable characters fighting game. But, does it really compare to SF3:Third Strike?

Freaky Zeeky
Dude, the gameplay and controls have NEVER changed from any street fighter game. Hence...they are all the same.

Not really.

StaT1c
Dude, the gameplay and controls have NEVER changed from any street fighter game. Hence...they are all the same. You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop...

dvampire
1. Street Fighter Alpha 3

2. Street Fighter 3rd Strike

3. CVS2

4. MVC2

5. SF2 Turbo

thumb up

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by StaT1c
You don't know what you're talking about. Just stop...

i'm just not fooled by redundancy. the only fighting game that has actually tried to innovate itself has been mortal kombat.

EvilCap America
i'm just not fooled by redundancy. the only fighting game that has actually tried to innovate itself has been mortal kombat.

Compare SF2 Guiles gameplay to V-Ism Sakuras to a Mageneto/Storm/Psylocke team to Aegis Reflector Urien and tell me the game is exactly the same as day 1

Go spam some fireballs and sweep scrub.MKs idea of innovation is to suck in ways it hasent sucked before Budokai 3 was more innovaitive than that load of monkey drek ever was

StaT1c
i'm just not fooled by redundancy. the only fighting game that has actually tried to innovate itself has been mortal kombat. Mortal Kombat is for f*cking scrubs like ragesRemorse

Team MSS-A For F*cking Life

SaTsuJiN
I did like MK's multi-style idea in theory, but when they actually put it into the game, it felt too robotic to enjoy

CorderaMitchell
SFA3, CApvs. SNK2, adn third strike.

Freaky Zeeky
Third Strike!

Arahan
1. SFA2
2. SF3 3.Strike
3. Capcom vs SNK 2
4. SFA3

CorderaMitchell
I liked third strike, but it moved so slow, and the boss was unimpressive.

Shin Akuma SFA 3, and Turbo 2 were the worst. They owned, ;and Cyber akuma, nasty

jacobo0o
street fighter the collection aniversity smile smile

CorderaMitchell
that was fun, but the old SF is as cheap as ever.

Arahan
well i still like classic street fighter. No super combos, no air guard.

CorderaMitchell
I guess, but the comp is so damned cheap, did you ever fight shin akuma in the end? Bloody hell cheap.

Arahan
yes true the cpu is not very good. i won the game with every character at level 8, even with dhalsim smile

CorderaMitchell
How many tries did it take?

Arahan
hmm i dont know, it is a while where i played SF2. Bison wasnt a big prob.

CorderaMitchell
he isn't so bad, I hated blanka, dhalsim, and just about everyone else.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
he isn't so bad, I hated blanka, dhalsim, and just about everyone else.

True story in ST.Ive got CPU Blanka down to almost no health and knocked down in the corner with Ken i walk over and decided to have a meaty DHK sweep hopping the CPU duffs into taking it.Blanka then simply decides to not stand up at all and is instantly over the sweep with a rolling attack from seemingly off the ground.Still its in the corner Blankas hoving in the air from the recoil and i recover quicker so i DHK again and have it sitting underneath him WAITING to end the match as soon as he lands

BAM ROLLING ATTACK

The SOB never even touched the ground and went over it again

CorderaMitchell
He cheats his ASS off, I took so many tries, the bastard doesnt' charge, he has mechanical timing, and he does like double damage. I wouldn't be surprised on how bad he cheats.

Dhalsim was near dead when I fought him. He then grabbed me out of the invinciblity portion of my dragon fist, and did his little punch grab bs, until I died, and I had a full health bar!

CorderaMitchell
Also the ki characters, damn orchid did a double combo breaker, and we all know how bad those got, I hate her.........

LeAtHerRFace
Third Strike is a very well made fighting game. Great cast of characters, grafics awesome, and moves!!

Freaky Zeeky
I liked third strike, but it moved so slow, and the boss was unimpressive.

Shin Akuma SFA 3, and Turbo 2 were the worst. They owned, ;and Cyber akuma, nasty

Gill was alright.

SaTsuJiN
when I get a feel for a game engine.. I can almost expect what the boss will be like

CorderaMitchell
Gill was okay, but he wasn't to impressive, he just used cheap normals over and over..

SaTsuJiN
lol the first time my friend fought him he kept parrying all of gils moves.. ahh.. the goodness.. them were the days.. /sigh..

as Gil would say "The mark of my divinity shall scar thy DNA" (i think)

CorderaMitchell
"KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!"

MrBones
that game is sick, but the best SF of all time would have to be Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo with Fei Long, Cammy, DJ, and T-Hawk

CorderaMitchell
It was sooo cheap though.

Sonic x 20
My favorite SF games would have to be:

MvsC 2
CvsSNK 2
MvsC(because everybody had their own song and stage.)
Super Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2:World Warriors
Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3
Street Fighter Third Strike.

CorderaMitchell
i can live with that...

Sonic x 20
Cool!!!!! cool cool

StaT1c
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is f*cking gay

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by StaT1c
Marvel vs Capcom 2 is f*cking gay

Wait I thought you liked that one, my bad...

StaT1c
Wait I thought you liked that one, my bad... I'm random like that cool

SaTsuJiN
http://santoalt.com/videos/337_Jackie_Chan_in_Street_Fighter_2.html

crazy jackie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.