Did Voldemort really kill Cedric?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harry_Monkey
Voldemort did not kill Cedric, so why did he come out of his wand??

Harry_Monkey
Unless Wormtail used Voldemorts wand to kill him. But I thought wands dont work right unless its your own wand?

NightCrawler341
Cedric is dead. He came out of the wand, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead! Did I mention he was dead?

Harry_Monkey
I didnt ask if he was dead.

NightCrawler341
Yea.... now I noticed that. Well, who used the wand, and yes, wizards and witches can use other wizards and witches wands. Sirius used Snape's I think to get him out of the secret shack(did I say it right), Lockhart was able to use his memory spell on Ron's wand, but because the wand was broken it back fired. So whoever used the wand killed him. If Peter killed him, the reason he came out of the wand is because it was that wand that killed him.

Harry_Monkey
Thanks for pointing that out.

NightCrawler341
Mmhmm.

The Inkeeper
Wormtail used Voldemort's wand. Other peoples wands dont 'give such good results' as your own (exact wording) but obviously being a wizard of reasonable power and using such a strong curse the effect was normal.

Harry_Monkey
Oh

kier14matrix
yeah that sounds right

BigTimeCubsFan
I would not say that Wormtail is a wizard of reasonable power, but it has to be obvious that he used The Dark Lord's wand.

TheSun
Originally posted by BigTimeCubsFan
I would not say that Wormtail is a wizard of reasonable power, but it has to be obvious that he used The Dark Lord's wand.
He blew up an entire street with a wand behind his back. I'd say he has some power.

Hermione202
True

shaber
Wormtail executed Cedric on Voldemort's orders using Voldemort's wand.

tigress
bloody good point, how the hell did voldie have his wand after all this time unless it was kept by wormtail which i doubt, now you ve got me thinking and my head already hurts ive had a migrane all day, i knew i shouldve had a nap and not log on yet lol 'winks', its a fair comment though, the only way i can think of is that voldie didnt go to the potters alone that fatefull night and peter had stashed his wand somwhow before he faked his death, i dunno am i reading too much into this?

tigress
I think shaber is right but in all the years he was spirit form where was voldies wand?

DarkCanadian
Originally posted by Harry_Monkey
Unless Wormtail used Voldemorts wand to kill him. But I thought wands dont work right unless its your own wand?
It works with someone else's wand, but it won't work as great as if you had your own. It was still possible for Wormtail to have used Voldemort's wand to kill Cedric.

Kella
I have the suspicion that Voldemort had his death eaters with him the night he faced the Potters. They were always lagging behind him. It's their job. I think one of them stashed his wand, but revealed the hiding place to the others incase of his return. Voldemort strikes me as the type to know what he's doing and to have backup plans for everything. He seems to have his stuff in order...otherwise he wouldn't have been so present throughout the books...even as a mostly dead guy.

And yes, you can use other people's wands. That has been pointed out many times in the books. I think Voldemort's wand though is very powerful own it's own...just as Harry's is. The wands are special...they keep mentioning that.

ilovedaniel
I think Cedric will return as a ghost but he is dead!!!!1

Kella
I don't think we'll see Cedric again, but we'll hear his name a lot. He was the first kill since Voldy returned...he'll go down in history.

DanFan4000
Maybe we will find out, read the books, and get back up with me and Ill let you talk all about it. Just kidding, i dont know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.