Make Poverty History!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngelGirl
There has been at lot of fund raising and music gigs all over the world! but do u realy think it's going to work?

AngelGirl
i personaly don't think it will work!

Deano
http://www.mattfacer.com/sounds/little%20britain/yeah%20I%20know%20mp3.mp3

AngelGirl
Originally posted by Deano
http://www.mattfacer.com/sounds/little%20britain/yeah%20I%20know%20mp3.mp3
wat!

AngelGirl
Originally posted by AngelGirl
wat!
ok i here it know!

Fishy
No it won't work... It will never happen.

Bardock42
Well I think it will happen eventually, its just not a goal that is necessary to achieve in the near future....doesn't help humankind a bit....

AngelGirl
Originally posted by Fishy
No it won't work... It will never happen.
i ofcorse agree< if the goverment wants to stop it they will! not are goverment but those of other countries which we are trying to help!

Bardock42
Hmm I don't think its that easy........

Fionnuala
It should be that easy...but unfortunately it isn't...sad ...there's all the trade laws, corrupt government plus other stuff that make it so complex..

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fionnuala
It should be that easy...but unfortunately it isn't...sad ...there's all the trade laws, corrupt government plus other stuff that make it so complex..

Well that doesn't necessarily has to be a bad thing...oh by the way one can see a breast on your sig

Alpha Centauri
I don't understand this "We're all equal" nonsense.

We're not. Accept it.

-AC

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well that doesn't necessarily has to be a bad thing...oh by the way one can see a breast on your sig laughing ..oh well...I'm thinking that was the only point of your post stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't understand this "We're all equal" nonsense.

We're not. Accept it.

-AC
Actually we are......well basically.....but we are not equal when it comes to money food and whatever...nor do we have to be....

Originally posted by Fionnuala
laughing ..oh well...I'm thinking that was the only point of your post stick out tongue

this is true....

Alpha Centauri
Actually we are......well basically.....but we are not equal when it comes to money food and whatever...nor do we have to be....

Well no, we're not.

Nor are we created equal. Hence why some babies are geniuses at early ages, some are medically retarded at early ages.

We're created the same way, not created equally. There's a difference.

Either way, there are more things separating humans than money and food. Brainpower and intellect being two.

-AC

Bardock42
Well no, we're not.

Nor are we created equal. Hence why some babies are geniuses at early ages, some are medically retarded at early ages.

We're created the same way, not created equally. There's a difference.

Either way, there are more things separating humans than money and food. Brainpower and intellect being two.

-AC

Hmm yes I agree....what I meant is that...morally (since their is none) all humans, Animals, plants things are basically the "equal"..

AngelGirl
We are all equal in the fact that we all desurve the chanse to live but that is about it!

Bardock42
We are all equal in the fact that we all desurve the chanse to live but that is about it!

Well not even that..I'd say e are all equal in the fact that we "are"....that is aboot it......

AngelGirl
No! i don't no if i agree or not with ur comment because it could be takon 2 differrent ways!

Bardock42
No! i don't no if i agree or not with ur comment because it could be takon 2 differrent ways!

What two ways?

AngelGirl
that we are told that we are when were not, or that we are!

Bardock42
Well, but the same thing applies to "life"

whobdamandog
I think the basic principle of equality is based on a "spiritual" premise..rather than a "physical" one. Even though we have various income/cultural/physical/intellectual differences, we are all human..and thus should all be treated "humanely"

If you think about it, a great deal of the worlds wealth and resources are used by a small margin of the worlds population..and this really is quite a social injustice. There really is enough wealth/resources out there in the world to make sure that everyone lives well...however since most seem to have a "survival of the fittest" capitalist world view now a days..achieving this spiritual equitality is next to impossible.

*SpunkiE*
Originally posted by whobdamandog
I think the basic principle of equality is based on a "spiritual" premise..rather than a "physical" one. Even though we have various income/cultural/physical/intellectual differences, we are all human..and thus should all be treated "humanely"

If you think about it, a great deal of the worlds wealth and resources are used by a small margin of the worlds population..and this really is quite a social injustice. There really is enough wealth/resources out there in the world to make sure that everyone lives well...however since most seem to have a "survival of the fittest" capitalist world view now a days..achieving this spiritual equitality is next to impossible.

True...but impossible it seems, something can happen and i think in time(and alot of time at that), poverty will be made history. People now are trying to start the process of getting rid of it, and hopefully the G8 will do something.

Bardock42

the survival of the fittest is not only a capitalist view..it is the basic principle all human life is based on.......even states are based on it.....

AngelGirl
i guess so

*SpunkiE*
the survival of the fittest is not only a capitalist view..it is the basic principle all human life is based on.......even states are based on it.....

Yeah life has been based on that philosophy, but in these modern times, it should be changed and that is what this whole thing is about. People have finally come to realise that equality should be in order. No one deserves to live like most people do in Africa.

AngelGirl
i totally agree! but is there realy anything we can do?

Bardock42
Originally posted by *SpunkiE*
Yeah life has been based on that philosophy, but in these modern times, it should be changed and that is what this whole thing is about. People have finally come to realise that equality should be in order. No one deserves to live like most people do in Africa.

Its not aboot deserving...there is no such thing as deserving..it is the strongest opress the weakest.......thats how Societies are founded......our society made a mistake though...to keep people from rebelling we invented morals and raised all people with these morals using something called Conscience (basically a bullshit idea but oh well) and now one the one hand people believe those Morals to be superior to anything else and on the other hand they even believe in it so much that they since they are so many built a very strong force that might actually be able to impose their "Morals" on others and make this "equality" stuff happen....

AngelGirl
Will the G8 liston?

AngelGirl

your right it is survival of the fittest, but every one has the equal right to live!

*SpunkiE*
Will the G8 liston?

Thats what we're hoping...

Bardock42
Will the G8 liston?

Well if they do...sucks for us...good for Africa.....so whatever

*SpunkiE*
Its not aboot deserving...there is no such thing as deserving..it is the strongest opress the weakest.......thats how Societies are founded......our society made a mistake though...to keep people from rebelling we invented morals and raised all people with these morals using something called Conscience (basically a bullshit idea but oh well) and now one the one hand people believe those Morals to be superior to anything else and on the other hand they even believe in it so much that they since they are so many built a very strong force that might actually be able to impose their "Morals" on others and make this "equality" stuff happen....

So you reckon people living in poverty stricken places, should just be content with it? What are you saying? People shouldnt bother helping?

Bardock42
So you reckon people living in poverty stricken places, should just be content with it? What are you saying? People shouldnt bother helping?

Oh I don't care if they want to help, sure thing if they want I let them. Its just that it doesn't happen out of compassion.....

joeykangaroo
for people that want to help- good on them, but at the live8 the artists were promoting their music...and the fans only cared about the hearing it....or thats what it seems, i tihnk we can make poverty history but not right now

*SpunkiE*
Oh I don't care if they want to help, sure thing if they want I let them. Its just that it doesn't happen out of compassion.....

I guess for alot of people yeah, but there are people in this live8 shebang that REALLY DO CARE.

Ok i'm tired. byeeeeeee

Alpha Centauri
Wait........everyone has a right to live?

They are alive, lest we forget. Saying they deserve as good a quality of life as you or I have is just like saying we deserve as good a quality of life as Bill Gates. Why do they automatically deserve it? Ok so get them the drugs, fine. Don't see why it has to go into some world changing phenomena.

-AC

joeykangaroo
Wait........everyone has a right to live?

They are alive, lest we forget. Saying they deserve as good a quality of life as you or I have is just like saying we deserve as good a quality of life as Bill Gates. Why do they automatically deserve it? Ok so get them the drugs, fine. Don't see why it has to go into some world changing phenomena.

-AC
yes
what are they been given? money?
should people just provide them with the necessary items and say...a farm to grow their own food

*SpunkiE*
Equality meaning enough essentials to live.

whobdamandog

The quote above demonstrates why it's extremely difficult to change unjust social conditions. For every one person who believes that all should be treated equally, we have 30 or 40 who are opposed to that POV. We have to change the mindset behind the problem of poverty first, before attempting to work towards a solution.

Alpha Centauri
No it doesn't, by any means.

Equality, if we're being technical, is the chance to live. Which we're all given from birth.

-AC

Bardock42
The quote above demonstrates why it's extremely difficult to change unjust social conditions. For every one person who believes that all should be treated equally, we have 30 or 40 who are opposed to that POV. We have to change the mindset behind the problem of poverty first, before attempting to work towards a solution.

There is no such thing as social equality...its stupid Bullshit....its an absolutely unatural state ......stupid Communist Ideas.......and you my friend, don't really care either ....the thing why you think you "care" is because you were taught that people "deserve" same rights, same standards of living...and it is not possible dfor you to decide against it...you do it because you want to...if you wouldn't you would feel bad...if you do you feel good...maybe even moral superior...I don't know.....but you don't do it for the people in Africa...the truth is no one cares aboot the people in africa except for the People in africa.....

*SpunkiE*

Equality, if we're being technical, is the chance to live. Which we're all given from birth.

-AC

There are all different types of equality, it just depends in what text its read. And in this one, equality is the basic essentials to live.

Bardock42
There are all different types of equality, it just depends in what text its read. And in this one, equality is the basic essentials to live.
No......

joeykangaroo

-AC well then.
for some reason i dont think live8 would make a difference, Africa needs to sort itself out in time

Bardock42
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
well then.
for some reason i dont think live8 would make a difference, Africa needs to sort itself out in time

If they are strong enough they will...I doubt they are though....if at all they will "borrow the strength" from other countries.....that's the idea of Live8......no an unselfish one of course..but still the idea

Bardock42
Oh by the way, the poll sucks, it should be edited.....it somehow gives the impression Poverty is something worth to be destroyed....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.