Hercules vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
what a match..... imagine... this two (egos) will clash...

Hercules.. prince of power ... held whole Manhattan on his shoulders..
vs.
Gladiator ... when he is self confident... he probably is the strongest guy in the universe (except the Hulk)

who will win this fight .. would be one of the biggest fight in the century ... i do believe

snoopdogg
Both guys say alot of things that they have never done.

Gladiator is faster so he should win but if Herc gets a few shots in and takes a few good ones Glads will loose his mojo and get his @ss handed to him.

olympian
They are about even in strenght.

Glads more often than not if he stays out of close combat.

But since whe know they never do that Herc is going to win a few.

kgkg
Gladiator will rip Herc into bits

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by olympian
They are about even in strenght.

Glads more often than not if he stays out of close combat.

But since whe know they never do that Herc is going to win a few.

They are not even in strength. Strong as she hulk has now become i doubt shes considerably stronger than gladiator, which she would have to be if glad and hercs are even. Gladiator takes this. Hes got too much going for him. Superior strength, faster than light flying speed, heat vision etc

whirlysplat
Gladiator sounds a lot like pre crisi supes hmmmmmmmmm smart
Am I on to something confused

Keep the faithbig grin

Keep Whirly rock

armandovalles
Gladiator wins 6/10, he has too many other powers to deal with

olympian
Glads isent heads and shoulders above herc. He has a destroying plenetary feat and herc has his mythologic one of helding the heavens. The heavens in the myths was Uranos. Both arent measured by numbers. Id say Glads strengh is higher on space while Herc is higher on earth. Hercules does have after all more and better feats of that nature in earth. Both fought Ego wheter it was because Galactus asked for help or going on theyr own against him. And both fought the Hulk pshysically pretty well.

Now he -will- most likely win and definatly the majority. His speed and heat vision helps alot. Close combat is something of another story, i give the nod for Herc.

How old is Glads anyway?

EvilCap America
Gladiator would probably win being a Superman level character the thing that i dont get is why he is compared to pre-crisis Superman.The guy has a handful of apperences ranging from going toe-to-toe with Collsuss and outlasting him to Lifting up the Baxtar building when Reed guesses hes somehow amplifiying his strength with Shi'ar technology

I havent ever seen an indepth enough storyline to say hes anything more than on par with the Thors of the world yet there are times i see people saying "He juggles stars and moves FTL"

Anyways i agree woth the above post.The Gods like Herc/Thor have a bit of super-speed but not HIGH levels of it and if Glads is a Sups clone then hes going to edge him out on that

leonidas
agreed. it's like hulk v superman - strength becomes less an issue, and overall power wins out most of the time. if glads was an idiot and fought h2h, herc could certainly beat him. their strengths are roughly equal (demonstrated by the fact that thor = glads and herc = thor. then, too, there is the part where (non-savage) hulk handed glads his ass, and herc has never been defeated and was even getting the BETTER of savge hulk a couple times) herc also has about 4000 years of h2h combat under his belt so if it were simply a slugfest, i'd give the edge to herc 6/10. in a straight, regular battle, because herc has only his hands and strength (can't even fly!) logically it would be tough for him to get 2 or even 1/10. and yes kg, it pains me ENORMOUSLY to admit that . . .

olympian
Flight is an advantage but one i dont mind that much. Fligthers always get down to close combat sooner or later. Its an advantage when you flie and go straigh with super speed on the opponent to kock him down easily. But in this case its not going to happen. Herc by having high levels of invulnerability its not going to go down just with that. Its even debatable if he is going to be knocked out with Glads vision. Oh damage will be able but not going for a K.O

And my theory is that Glads strengh is higher in space perhaps...lifting baxter building who was consider his biggest feat of strengh in "our" planet is nothing compared with Herc dragging Manhattan island.

yahman
You and i both agree though that he is no longer at a Dragging Manhattan Level any more??????

I mean do you really think that She Hulk is capable of Dragging Manhattan over the sea??????

You are right about Feats though. In the General Feat department Herc's has this one. But this is a case when i think speed will count alot.

When did Herc Fight Ego. I heard that Glads did really well against him but i never heard of Herc's against Ego

Hasn't Gladiator physically moved Ego or is that Just a myth??????????

olympian
For this thread to be fair Hercules has to be at his regular levels. Being depowered and mortal isent his regular otherwise he would even have troubles having 1 win out of 10.

Speed as i said in Comics doesnt mean that much. Supes or any other strong flier always wants to trade blows. And Hercules does have minor super speed. He has tagged Quicksilver before and put him down.

About Hercules figthing Ego, it was when Galactus had troubles with him and asked for both his help and Thor`s.

Yeah Glads did well against Ego. But unless im thinking wrong on this Silver Surfer was there too.

Last but not the least.....him moving Ego...noo idea! Does anyone knows this one?

yahman
I found this thing on the internet wich kinda puts Thors comics into script form. I dont know if they are taken fro real comics because the Title suggset its taken from Thor Volume 2 Issue 512-513.

From what i know these isuues don't even exist as the title was changed to JIM after about issue 505 or something.

But anyway in this script version of the comics it is made clear that Glads is pushing Ego into a rift which has been made by Thor into the N Zone.

It's Probably crap but it was kinda fun to read.

Wynndar
Classic Gladiator would beat Hercules' @ss in moments. How can herc keep up with his speed? What is herc going to block his heat vision with? How will herc compensate for Gladiators ability to fly?

Gladiator being demolished by the Hulk was not great writing in my opinion but it happened...He still has plenty of other feats to fall back on. Ive never seen Herc come close to having an advantage over the Hulk...I have seen the Hulk nearly kill him though.

leonidas
<<Ive never seen Herc come close to having an advantage over the Hulk...I have seen the Hulk nearly kill him though.>>

tales to astonish #79, champions #16 - in both these issues there was no definitive winner, but herc MORE than held his own. in the hercules unleashed you're talking about, herc was radically de-powered so that performance has no bearing on this thread.

herc has done FAR better than glads did, and as i said - he was battling classic, savage hulk. glads couldn't even beat the intelligent hulk. he has also done AT LEAST as well against thor - in any event, thor has never ko'd hercules.

glads, fighting smart, would win, (he has a wide array of powers) but it sure wouldn't end in 'moments', and if he stood toe to toe, he would lose more often than he'd win.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
agreed. it's like hulk v superman - strength becomes less an issue, and overall power wins out most of the time. if glads was an idiot and fought h2h, herc could certainly beat him. their strengths are roughly equal (demonstrated by the fact that thor = glads and herc = thor. then, too, there is the part where (non-savage) hulk handed glads his ass, and herc has never been defeated and was even getting the BETTER of savge hulk a couple times) herc also has about 4000 years of h2h combat under his belt so if it were simply a slugfest, i'd give the edge to herc 6/10. in a straight, regular battle, because herc has only his hands and strength (can't even fly!) logically it would be tough for him to get 2 or even 1/10. and yes kg, it pains me ENORMOUSLY to admit that . . .
Herc = thor with hammer leo

i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice.

xmarksthespot
Shulkie takes them both laughing out loud
J/k my nod goes to Glads because he's ludicrously (yet erratically) powerful (sorry armandovalles but it's true laughing out loud )

leonidas
<<i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice>>

hulk won, or herc won? if it was hulk, throw out the herc unleashed and tell me the issue showing the other time hulk beat him. hulk has never beaten a non-depowered herc that i've ever seen (and i dare say i have 99% of herc's appearances, from his first up until about 2 years ago). so, unless it has happened very recently (or my mind is going - a possibility, i'll concede) hulk has never beaten a full powered hercules.

kgkg
<<i have seen Hulk go head to head with Herc , and he won like twice>>

hulk won, or herc won? if it was hulk, throw out the herc unleashed and tell me the issue showing the other time hulk beat him. hulk has never beaten a non-depowered herc that i've ever seen (and i dare say i have 99% of herc's appearances, from his first up until about 2 years ago). so, unless it has happened very recently (or my mind is going - a possibility, i'll concede) hulk has never beaten a full powered hercules.
where in the forum does it say full powered Herc.

and why he isn't powerd all the time.

Incredible Hulk v2 #316 Hulk pretty much wins

leonidas
# 316?? dude, that is where my QUOTE is from!! herc is dealing with hulk alone AFTER hulk basically wiped out ironman, wonderman AND namor! hulk most certainly did NOT win that fight. i didn't include that though because it wasn't entirely one on one, but during the time it was, that fight was a draw - AND i really wanted to see herc land that punch after he grabbed hulk by the hair!

and herc was ltd in his power only a couple times, so it stands to reason this is regular, not depowered herc. depowered herc was way below hulk and not worth this thread.

kgkg
# 316?? dude, that is where my QUOTE is from!! herc is dealing with hulk alone AFTER hulk basically wiped out ironman, wonderman AND namor! hulk most certainly did NOT win that fight. i didn't include that though because it wasn't entirely one on one, but during the time it was, that fight was a draw - AND i really wanted to see herc land that punch after he grabbed hulk by the hair!

and herc was ltd in his power only a couple times, so it stands to reason this is regular, not depowered herc. depowered herc was way below hulk and not worth this thread.
well he couldn't beat Hulk

i put that as a win for Hulk.

3 vs 1 and he still kicked all there ass smile

as for Hulk once nearly killed Herc smile

let me show you scan if i can find the comic

leonidas
<<well he couldn't beat Hulk

i put that as a win for Hulk.>>

gotta admit kg, you have funny criteria for wins. let's recap:

glads ko'd by thor twice = (as everyone apparently knows! rotfl!!) wins for glads!

herc has a small one on one battle with hulk and doesn't ko him = win for hulk!

hahah!! seriously, dude, you are f'n KILLING ME! jsut look at what you've said! ah, man, a truly AM lol!

and samson saved hulk from being totalled in that issue. it wasn't 1on1. i said that. it's why i never bring the issue up.

'night kg. better luck in the morning.

smile

kgkg

glads ko'd by thor twice = (as everyone apparently knows! rotfl!!) wins for glads!

hahah!! seriously, dude, you are f'n KILLING ME! jsut look at what you've said! ah, man, a truly AM lol!

and samson saved hulk from being totalled in that issue. it wasn't 1on1. i said that. it's why i never bring the issue up.

smile

You are truly blind Leo lol

if 3 vs 1 and Hulk I kicking there ass hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i will show you a scan where hulk beats him to death

leonidas
<<if 3 vs 1 and Hulk I kicking there ass hmmmmmmmmmmmm>>

check the issue - hulk never beat herc's ass! he may have got good shots in at the others, but herc went 1on1 THEN samson showed up. AND the heroes were trying not to injure hulk too badly.

seriously, i gotta go. lol you're giving me an aneurism . . .

kgkg
<<if 3 vs 1 and Hulk I kicking there ass hmmmmmmmmmmmm>>

check the issue - hulk never beat herc's ass! he may have got good shots in at the others, but herc went 1on1 THEN samson showed up. AND the heroes were trying not to injure hulk too badly.

seriously, i gotta go. lol you're giving me an aneurism . . .
aren't you going to wait for the scan?

you will like it herc is garbage

kgkg
Good night leo I will post it tomorrow, don't want to give you nightmares

kgkg

smile
as everyone apparently knows! rotfl!!-------------- go check Gladiator vs Thor lol i think you the only one.

lol
wink everyone wow

Wynndar
Thor has never beaten Gladiator. And Hercules not being killed by the Hulk when he fought them with the rest of the Avengers does not count as a win for Herc, the Hulk just seemed to consider him a pest...And those guys got knocked around and threatened by Doc Sampson...not too impressive either.

olympian
This thread doesnt ned to say its classic or regular Herc. How else would he compete? Since when depowered versions count in a vs match unless its stated?

And Kg the Hulk never beat the regular Hercules. How it is a win when he cant even Ko any of the avengers he was figting stick out tongue

And it doesnt matter it was 3 or 4 or whatever. Herc fough him one on one before Hulk had the 6-hour tussle with Samson and the avengers. He was fresh and still had less shots than Hercules had.

Wyb, Samson didnt knocked out anyone. He looked determined and impressive and thats it. Not even iron man wich armor was already with problems went down.

And Herc did almost killed the Hulk also. In the end of the figth with the Avengers when Hulk starts toget weak Herc gives 3 final shots and Ko him. And was about to kill him before Betty showed up wink

olympian
And not to mention the person who started the thread says its the Hercules who dragged manhattan so keep the depowered versions in the closet.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thor has never beaten Gladiator. confused

leonidas
kg sayeth: <<as everyone apparently knows! rotfl!!-------------- go check Gladiator vs Thor lol i think you the only one.
lol
everyone wow>>

dude, i was quoting YOU!! recall what you said about the thor fights earlier: "in your mind , lol

Gladiator won both fights , and everyone knows this"

bwhahahahahhaahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!! glads WON both those fights??? bwhahahahawas. he was KO'D in both fights, but still, SOMEHOW, everybody KNOWS glads' won both fights!? ah, kg, you're turning into what you hate most - an illogical fanboy. i still luv ya, but you gotta let go of this glads thing. it's freakin' me out . . .

and i'm waiting for the herc scan. and it better not be from herc unleashed. i already said that one doesn't count because herc was de-powered for a short time. glads would KILL that herc - like hulk did. (course, he wouldn't kill him as BAD as hulk did, because hulk DID whoop the crap out of glads, but still, glads would beat THAT herc . . .)

smile

ps-about #316 - that was a totally MINDLESS hulk (ie the strongest hulk there is) and the avengers were not trying to hurt hulk, just stop and capture him. read the issue again - wonderman was even making JOKES during the fight!! yeah, they felt pretty threatened . . .

pps-wynndar, check out the supes v thor thread and get back to me about whether or not thor has beaten glads. smile

olympian
The depowered Herc is more into Things level than Hulk or Glads. Maybe even less.

That Hulk was also getting stronger thanks to the energy coming from the pocket universe created by Franklin Richards.

And Hulk still didnt knocked him out for good in that fight. If anything considering how weak Herc was to that Hulk its shameful he didnt even managed to knocked him out.

kgkg
kg sayeth: <<as everyone apparently knows! rotfl!!-------------- go check Gladiator vs Thor lol i think you the only one.
lol
everyone wow>>

dude, i was quoting YOU!! recall what you said about the thor fights earlier: "in your mind , lol

Gladiator won both fights , and everyone knows this"

bwhahahahahhaahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!! glads WON both those fights??? bwhahahahawas. he was KO'D in both fights, but still, SOMEHOW, everybody KNOWS glads' won both fights!? ah, kg, you're turning into what you hate most - an illogical fanboy. i still luv ya, but you gotta let go of this glads thing. it's freakin' me out . . .

and i'm waiting for the herc scan. and it better not be from herc unleashed. i already said that one doesn't count because herc was de-powered for a short time. glads would KILL that herc - like hulk did. (course, he wouldn't kill him as BAD as hulk did, because hulk DID whoop the crap out of glads, but still, glads would beat THAT herc . . .)

smile

ps-about #316 - that was a totally MINDLESS hulk (ie the strongest hulk there is) and the avengers were not trying to hurt hulk, just stop and capture him. read the issue again - wonderman was even making JOKES during the fight!! yeah, they felt pretty threatened . . .

pps-wynndar, check out the supes v thor thread and get back to me about whether or not thor has beaten glads. smile
Gladiator won both fights

Speed he put Thor down

vs Jake (first time) ----- Gladiator was weak ( at this time) , THor speed were amped still thor couldn't beat Gladiator , matter of fact Gladiators heat scared him.

vs masterson ----- how did masterson win , let's see 1) Gladiator had to battle Wonder Man , hey what do you know look rite after he defeats WM , thor attacks like a chicken ( did you not read leo) , and then Glad kicks his ass like a baby.

Then Gladiator is just standing there doing nothing, that's where he surprise attacks Gladiator.

If you call that a win, then ok , lol Gladiator could have ripped master , in bloodlust mood ( forum is bloodlust he is using his speed) , remember Gladiators Speed Leo , try if you can't smile

Now as for recent Thor battle , you saw how one on one Gladiator kicked Thor's hammer ( with his speed) , and kicked his ass.

he then had to fight Thor girl , and Thor again ---- remember after they save the airplane Gladiator is not the one that attacks , it's thor who again attacks while Gladiator is not expecting it.

Again Thor , enchan , Thor Girl vs Gladiator hmmmmmmmmmmm

and yes the hulk vs Herc is from unleashed

Gladiator knock his hammer out, and kick his ass.

A Simi Confident Glad will take care of Thor pretty easily

zachrivard
Gladiator is way to fast for hercules

leonidas
<<and yes the hulk vs Herc is from unleashed>>

thought so smile hulk, even savage hulk has never beaten herc. glads is all around more powerful than herc and should win this fight. but if stands h2h, herc will win more than his share.

as far as thor - let me just say that it is incredible that 2 people can see something in such utterly different ways. oh well. i'm just glad my way is the right way!

hehheh smile

kgkg
<<and yes the hulk vs Herc is from unleashed>>

thought so smile hulk, even savage hulk has never beaten herc. glads is all around more powerful than herc and should win this fight. but if stands h2h, herc will win more than his share.

as far as thor - let me just say that it is incredible that 2 people can see something in such utterly different ways. oh well. i'm just glad my way is the right way!

hehheh smile
So if Herc is weak we count that out?? Just cuz you like him?

ok sure Leo for you anything

leonidas
<<So if Herc is weak we count that out?? Just cuz you like him?
ok sure Leo for you anything>>

ha! count it if you like. anyone who knows anything about the character writes off the battle because it's not typical of the character. what do i care if you need to count this fight? herc was about HALF of what he normally is and hulk STILL didn't ko him!! like he did a certain mohawked individual who was at FULL power! ha!! the more i think about it, the more i think we SHOULD count it!!

however, a typically powered herc has stalemated savage hulk several times and put a good beating on him in champions #16. and he has also done THIS to zeus after zeus murdered the olympian gods. in thor annual #8 thor fought zeus physically and was overpowered quite easily. not so much with herc:

kgkg
<<So if Herc is weak we count that out?? Just cuz you like him?
ok sure Leo for you anything>>

ha! count it if you like. anyone who knows anything about the character writes off the battle because it's not typical of the character. what do i care if you need to count this fight? herc was about HALF of what he normally is and hulk STILL didn't ko him!! like he did a certain mohawked individual who was at FULL power! ha!! the more i think about it, the more i think we SHOULD count it!!

however, a typically powered herc has stalemated savage hulk several times and put a good beating on him in champions #16. and he has also done THIS to zeus after zeus murdered the olympian gods. in thor annual #8 thor fought zeus physically and was overpowered quite easily. not so much with herc:
well same whould apply to glads in these forums

100X light speed , Thanos , Ron , Ego , Hyperion that's where he was shinning

leonidas
so, my fave has been shown several times to stalemate savage hulk and thor, AND he's even beaten ZEUS!! yours has . . . flown 100x light speed and beat up an uninhabited planet!! well done, glads, well done . . .

smile

i know, i know, herc's lucky - he's had the better writers . . .

lol

kgkg
so, my fave has been shown several times to stalemate savage hulk and thor, AND he's even beaten ZEUS!! yours has . . . flown 100x light speed and beat up an uninhabited planet!! well done, glads, well done . . .

smile

i know, i know, herc's lucky - he's had the better writers . . .

lol
no Thanos , Ego , Hyperion etc you didn't read them?

leonidas
he's beaten thanos??! show pics. i heard he did well against ego. show some scans, man!

kgkg
he's beaten thanos??! show pics. i heard he did well against ego. show some scans, man!
I have no scans, someone want to help leo here.

there are pretty old shit I gotta go look

kgkg
No he wasn't beaten Thanos , Thanos now is not beatable by anyone under sky father

leonidas
old? where did these battles take place? what books? and why did you bring up thanos?

kgkg
Well it seem that Thanos said that Gladiator is more Powerful than himself when Confident.

That's what I heard , I haven't read the Cosmic my self

Ego, Hyperion , Ron you should read those

Issue I gotta look it up man so hard too many comics ( I only have SS cosmic organized rest are all over the place)

kgkg
herc vs Hulk sorry leo ----------- hulk fans will be happy , think of the children

hulk beats Herc to death

olympian
"So if Herc is weak we count that out?? Just cuz you like him?"

Can you tell me what would be the point of having a depowered version fighting someone whos higer? What fight would a weaker herc give to Gads may i ask. None. So wheres the struggle in that?

And -again- thats the weaker Hercules you scanned. No immortality. No durability. Lower strenght. And Hulk - still- couldnt Ko him.

Now go get the avengers fight and scan Hercules Ko Hulk and ready to kill him until Betty showed to saved his ass big grin

Because you know, both examples are one and the same. Both got weaker and wer about to be killed.

Its still tied Kg you didnt brough anything new. Regular versions of both never won against each other.

olympian
I find actually fun pll bring weaker versions when the thread started stated it was the Herc who dragged islands and stuff. Are you all so desperate to give a easy win to Glads ?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by kgkg
herc vs Hulk sorry leo ----------- hulk fans will be happy , think of the children

hulk beats Herc to death

That is like directly from Bible.

"Forgive them, father, they don't know what they do..." I think Jesus said something like that.

olympian
Yeah Peter David used that line.

Somehow i dont see Herc saying it. Its not like he cared that much about them, all his problems wer from the Gods in the first place.

olympian
"no Thanos , Ego , Hyperion etc you didn't read them?"

And didnt Heracles fought Thanos and Ego also?

Beyonder
Gladiator wins.

olympian
In an asterid kind of fight where he uses all his powers yeah. Close? No

olympian
My money is on Herc. I belive Glads will come eventually close ( glads having the upperhand most of the fight ) and then Herc will overpower him when it happens. He has what its needed for that.

kgkg
My money is on Herc. I belive Glads will come eventually close ( glads having the upperhand most of the fight ) and then Herc will overpower him when it happens. He has what its needed for that.
close attack at light speed , and heat vision will knock Herc

Thor admits if he got hit ( he won't like it) , he had to use his hammer to shield himself.

and Gladiator is must Stonger than Herc when Confident

olympian
Heat vison alone its not going to knock Herc. Hes immortal. Thor took Supes heat vision in Jla/avengers at close range and wasent knocked either. Herc has been eyebemed by Stranger as well and also resisted iirc

"much stronger" that is a typo isnt it? Hes only at Top levels when hes confident. When hes not he gets taken by cannonball and the like.

Glads have more advantages, but he isnt much stronger than Herc or Thor. Never as been. Neither he is more skilled. And -figthing- at light speed? Does that means that if Thor and Hulk wer able to trade punches they fight at light speed too?

Glads is tops but your exageratting the level he is.

kgkg
Supes heat vision is ( like 11 000 deg) Gladiator is hotter than the Hottest stars.

Read when Gladiator fights thor for the first time (when Thor was amp) , and look at what he says about heat vision.

He is probably the stongest Physically ( when confident) stated in X-men , Avengers called him Un-beatble , Thanos said that his power might be greater than his own , Glad was able to hang with Ego the living the Living planet , was able to Choke Hyperion , He defeated all of ROn enimies.

He destroys world with one/two punches, Goes through stars etc

That’s all when he is confident.

He has advantage over both thor and herc -------- Speed , THor couldn't stop his speed , but thor did magnage to block his heat vision , i can't say that about herc.

Fighting at light speed, mean he will attack so fast herc can't even see him coming.

Hulk , Thor , Ego etc he has done similar things he can do that all day.

olympian
Kg when did he showed combat at lights sleep? Flying is one thing, figthing is another. Hercules does have minor super speed and has tagged speedsters before. Combat wise the same, Quicksilver once stopped for a second ( in a fight )and it was enough for Herc to swat him aside.

About the "heat vision" is Glads more than the Stranger? Didnt the Hulk
also took it without going down. As bruised as Herc might become being immortal means hes not going to die by any conventional means. Burned included.

About statements of power. Every character has it. Zeus has stated that Hercs strenght was without peer. Wasp has said that Herc was the strongest avenger ever including Thor and Hulk.

olympian
The only thing i agree is that his speed is higher than Thor and Herc. But since they arent trolls in either running speed ( Thors case, flying speed )or in reflexes, they arent getting owned in that department.

kgkg
he can fight at light seed and beyond , he can go at 100X light speed , all you need to to throw punches at these speed.

He took hulk to space before he realized anything (note he had to grab hulk, and lift off ---- he did all this in moments(less than a sec)

Thor speed was Amp - Still Gladiator was much faster.

Like DC character, Gladiator is not restricted to use his (speed on) planets etc , like I said when confident he blows them with one hit.

Gladiator has melting Hulk organs from the inside and that's not his best shots, his heat vision has blown planets before (confident)

Gladiator was melting Hulk organs from the inside and that's not his best shots , his heat vision has blown planets before ( confident)

Herc is stong but , if you look at what Gladiator has done , Herc doesn't compare.

- 100X light speed
- Move planets , astroid throgh space
- Contain a solar System destoying attack , and Surive such blasts
- hang with Ego
- battle hyperion and chocked his ass
- Blow planets with ease
- Heat vision , can see throgh stuff , etc

don't compare Quicksilver with Gladiators speed.

Quicksilver is mach , Glad can go beyond light

olympian
Im not comparing Silver with Glads. Im saying Herc has reflexes fast enough to punch and taggle speedsters. The same way he has battle fliers. Or attacked cosmic beings like Stranger, Galactus, Zeus, Hades, Ego.

"he can fight at light seed and beyond , he can go at 100X light speed , all you need to to throw punches at these speed."

Im not asking if that belongs to his powerset. Im asking when did he fought at light speed. Its simple. Was it against Thor, hulk? When.

Considering Hercules was never beaten by either and trade punch by punch, does that makes him at that ligth speed combat also?

kgkg
Im not comparing Silver with Glads. Im saying Herc has reflexes fast enough to punch and taggle speedsters. The same way he has battle fliers. Or attacked cosmic beings like Stranger, Galactus, Zeus, Hades, Ego.

"he can fight at light seed and beyond , he can go at 100X light speed , all you need to to throw punches at these speed."

Im not asking if that belongs to his powerset. Im asking when did he fought at light speed. Its simple. Was it against Thor, hulk? When.

Considering Hercules was never beaten by either and trade punch by punch, does that makes him at that ligth speed combat also?
punching speedsters doesn't mean you are light speed?

look at superman , Flash they get hit by people that are human level speed( or bit faster)

He can move that fast , and can attack with heat vision and cook herc.

olympian
And you still didnt told me when did he ever -fought- at light speed. Because if he did against Thor or Hyperon than Hulk and Herc both have light speed combat too.

Thor flies at light speed also with his hammer but doesnt fight at light speed with it. The max he can do is flying straight to the opponent at that speed and trying to knock them out. Thats flying not trading punches or skill moves with that speed.

olympian
And with Herc being immortal and virtual invulnerable and tirless hes not going down with just that.

olympian
And since it came in this Thread the "idea" that Herc isent at Hulks level:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page06-.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Hulk2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Hulk3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page09-.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/-story2page10-.jpg

And more recent fights. (the last one was theyr first ):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Hulk-404-12.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/IncredibleHulk316-12.jpg

leonidas
well, kg, i found out WHY you can never find the fight between ego and gladiator (incidentally, glads also fought ss in the same issue.) it's because it never happened in continuity!! the fight took place in an issue of MARVEL ADVENTURES:

<<After decades of comics growing more sophisticated and adult, the industry is making a substantial return to comics you'll feel comfortable handing to your 8-year-old.

Industry leader Marvel Comics has jumped on the bandwagon with its new "Marvel Adventures" line, beginning with a Spider-Man book a few months ago and a Fantastic Four title launching this month. "Adventures" joins DC's "Johnny DC" line (based mostly on cartoon shows like "Scooby Doo," "Power Puff Girls" and "Teen Titans"wink, Gemstone's re-launch of the Disney books and the evergreen Archie Comics characters.

And it's about time.

Translation: It's all well and good for kids to watch the movies and cartoons, but publishers want kids to read comics, too. And, honestly, don't we all want our kids to read more and sit mesmerized in front of the tube less?

So we come to "Marvel Adventures," aimed at ages 10 and younger. >>

wish i could find the issue number and scans, but i guess it doesn't matter much since it happened out of continuity. too bad . . .

ps-the zeus/herc fight was ALSO out of continuity, by the way, just so's you know that i always play fair . . .

smile

jrodslam
Nice scans olympian. Herc does have some good fights.

But id have to agree. If someone can fly at FTL speeds, it doesnt mean that when they throw punches, its at FTL speeds.

olympian
Gladiator is a huge fav of mine. I like him better than superman and the like. But saying Herc doesnt have feats or its not at Hulks level is such an incorrect statement by some fans that makes me wonder if some people read comics at all. His fights with the Hulk are there to prove. With Namor. With Thor. He went up against Ego together with thor. He has punched and stalemate two heralds in the forms of Nova and Firelord.

About FTL speeds. So far in comics ive seen it only when flying or charging directly at an opponent. This is not Dragonball when pll actually fight at those speeds.

olympian
Jr do you have Herc first minis? Those wer some of my fav comics ever wink

leonidas
<<Jr do you have Herc first minis? Those wer some of my fav comics ever>.

even though they're out of continuity, i think BOTH the layton ltd series' were the definitive hercules. can you believe herc sat down with galactus and tried to get him drunk!! seeing galactus laugh was one of the greatest scenes ever . . .

hercules rox!!!

olympian
I have both minis!

The only one i dont have is the one Layton did afterwards. The graphic novel when Herc fought against his son in the future who was the ruler of a planet. ( or a solar system i dont recall ). Most likely the planet.

Ive seen only the fight and Herc punks his kid blindfolded. Gold.

leonidas
the graphic novel was pretty good. his son was a jackass for most of it. not sure it required a graphic novel though . . .

olympian
You have that one?

leonidas
yeah. it really was much weaker than the ltd series'. basically herc's son arimathes tries to get revenge on herc because herc left his mother (layana from the mini) course it doesn't work, herc fights his kid blindfolded and after a titanic struggle beats him. one of ari's punches was thorwn with force enough to break the sound barrier! ha! herc withstood it (prince of power, indeed!!) then hit ari so hard it took him a full minute to land! still, though it had its moments, it was not a great book.

olympian
Heck just the fight alone is worth it overall. Would like to get that one.

whirlysplat
<<Jr do you have Herc first minis? Those wer some of my fav comics ever>.

even though they're out of continuity, i think BOTH the layton ltd series' were the definitive hercules. can you believe herc sat down with galactus and tried to get him drunk!! seeing galactus laugh was one of the greatest scenes ever . . .

hercules rox!!!

Ye it was superb stick out tongue "Your quite the clown Olympian" says Galactus or was it Buffoonbig grin

Cool anyway big grin

olympian
It was buffon wink thats when the big G took his helmet.

Any guy who has the cojones to punch Galactus isent going to be scare of much.

Beyonder
And you still didnt told me when did he ever -fought- at light speed. Because if he did against Thor or Hyperon than Hulk and Herc both have light speed combat too.

He snapped Hyperion's neck.

Thor was using a device to boost up his speed 100X the speed of light. Gladiator fought him at that speed. Nobodies lying to you. Those who know a good deal about Gladiator know this already.

Yeah well Gladiator did fight at that speed. He used lightspeed stomped Wonderman in Operation Galactic Storm. Masterson Thor had to hit him from behind when WM was down. He still kicked M. Thor's ass using his speed and other powers. M. Thor had to pull Living Lightning out of the sky to help him win against Gladiator.

Please don't use Thor as an example of speed. Most fights involving Thor and Gladiator, Gladiator's dominated. His speed overwhelms Thor in most battle. Thor's only won with outside interference (Living Lightning, Tarene, Enchantress, etc.)

Gladiator's smashed a planet and moved asteroids. Herc has strength and a mace. And no sh!t, Herc isn't equal to Gladiator in strength.

Gladiator hits him with speed blitz, heat vision, and flight.

If you wanna bring up that sh!t fight with Hulk, Maximus K.O.ed Herc in one throw during Infinty Crusade.

olympian
"Thor was using a device to boost up his speed 100X the speed of light. Gladiator fought him at that speed. Nobodies lying to you. Those who know a good deal about Gladiator know this already. "

Everyone who knows about Thor knows he has reached those speeds without a boost before. So he was boosted in that storyline. How about the others?

"Yeah well Gladiator did fight at that speed. He used lightspeed stomped Wonderman in Operation Galactic Storm. "

So Gladiator is like DBZ? Figthing skills with that speed.

"Please don't use Thor as an example of speed. Most fights involving Thor and Gladiator, Gladiator's dominated"

Except those when he has said the Thunder God was too strong for him right?

"Gladiator hits him with speed blitz, heat vision, and flight"

Yes we all know that. What im asking is if his combat abilities are used with that speed like DbZ. Because frankly if he does Thor has it too because you know they - trade punches- before. Dos the Hulk has it too?

"Gladiator's smashed a planet and moved asteroids. Herc has strength and a mace. And no sh!t, Herc isn't equal to Gladiator in strength"

Thor and BRB have smashed planets before. Heracles held a cosmic being on his back in the myths. He has trow objects like skycrafts into orbit before. And in earth Glads feats dont compare with Heracles. If Glads has any strenght advantage at all it isent much compared with Herc or Thor.

olympian
(continuing) At least on earth he doesnt.

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
He snapped Hyperion's neck.

Thor was using a device to boost up his speed 100X the speed of light. Gladiator fought him at that speed. Nobodies lying to you. Those who know a good deal about Gladiator know this already.

Yeah well Gladiator did fight at that speed. He used lightspeed stomped Wonderman in Operation Galactic Storm. Masterson Thor had to hit him from behind when WM was down. He still kicked M. Thor's ass using his speed and other powers. M. Thor had to pull Living Lightning out of the sky to help him win against Gladiator.

Please don't use Thor as an example of speed. Most fights involving Thor and Gladiator, Gladiator's dominated. His speed overwhelms Thor in most battle. Thor's only won with outside interference (Living Lightning, Tarene, Enchantress, etc.)

Gladiator's smashed a planet and moved asteroids. Herc has strength and a mace. And no sh!t, Herc isn't equal to Gladiator in strength.

Gladiator hits him with speed blitz, heat vision, and flight.

If you wanna bring up that sh!t fight with Hulk, Maximus K.O.ed Herc in one throw during Infinty Crusade.
well said beyonder

kgkg
He can't have you ever seen Thor use his speed in his battles , if this was the case , SUperman can't even touch thor , Gladiator can move think , act faster than light itself.

There first battle Gladiator was weak, and thor had boost still he couldn't match Gladiator’s speed (when he was actually using it), his heat vision is lethal if it takes contact.

Again masterson – Glad kick Wonder-man ass, again you see that Gladiator is so fast that Thor can even blow his punches (again when using his speed)

As you will notice writer don’t use his speed in battles much, because all the time he does , he takes care of his enemies pretty easily.

And in these forums we are assuming that Gladitor will be fighting with all his abilities , meaning at those speed.

yes he is Superman to the next level , when written well , considering his powers , and speed.

Like I said Writers don't use his speed as well as you would think, if he was using his speed 24/7 , Thor , Hulk , etc can't touch him. --- It’s fact it’s been proven

The probably is he rare uses his speed --- which is not the case here.

But it's comic slower people always get the fast ones , if they don’t it whould be pretty boring.

But like I said in these thread When someone says

Flash vs Spider-man ---- people will says Flash will K.O Spider in a seconds

What was he going to say, he failed, he never said Thor was stronger than him , all he said was he was too strong to be taken down.

Don't forget that battle ---- Gladiator own Thor ---- one , on one ---- then more peepz join the party, you will see a example of his speed , a well written Gladiator would be fighting at that speed all day.

At least in these forums

it's a comic ,

Pre -Crisis sups has traded blows with Hulk
Silver Surfer has traded blows with Hulk
Grundy has traded blows with Superman
Darksied used to trade blows with Superman
etc shit like that happends.

But in these treads people are always presuming that the char will be using all the speed they can.

other wise THor would own supes easily

olympian

snoopdogg
Gladiator gets beat alot cause he looses his self-esteem lol

Poor Gladiator. laughing

olympian
Of course he had low confidence.

Wasent that Cassandra xavier - nude- ??

I would too.

yahman
Dude when did this happen???????

'He has trow objects like skycrafts into orbit before.'

I've heard about that. Dude do you have any scans oof that????????

olympian
Yeah but i have to search for it. And he trew it while moving it with minor super speed. ( the skycrafter was about to explode and he only had seconds to prevent it ).

yahman
was it recently or not
Say within the last 20 years????????
Sorry im well tired but this thing is addictive

olympian
I think theres more examples. But the one - i have- its from Hercules series by Bob layton. He does all in a matter of seconds. Wich is impressive for someone whos not a speedster.

yahman
evil face Show me Dammnnn U
SHOW MEEEE !!!!!!!!!!111 evil face

sorry dude this site is kinda making me Crazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy embarrasment

I've been on it for far too long

olympian
Chill out man. The site is fun to be but remember the world out there.

Ill see if i can get a scan of it. I hav ethe whole comic on a computer but the pages arent separated. Well see what i can do.

Beyonder
Everyone who knows about Thor knows he has reached those speeds without a boost before. So he was boosted in that storyline. How about the others?

Thor and the FF were amped by Reed's device. Gladiator noticed them while the rest of the empire didn't. He then fought Thor. Gladiator didn't need a device while Thor had one.

Uh, Gladiator did this some time before DBZ came out.

Strong? If you think Thor only beat him using strength you've got to be kidding me. Thor used Mjlnornir's abilities like blast, thunder, and tornados to fight Gladiator. He used it to dirvert Gladiator's ice breath.

Gladiator didn't mean strength when he said that.

Yes. He made Wonderman look stupid in their fight. Knocked Thing down in one punch.

When has Thor smashed a planet? Bill has, but when has Thor? And where talking about comic Herc, not mythic Herc. There's a difference.

As for the skycrafts, Gladiator held up the FF's tower and moved asteroids.

How does Herc stand up to ice breath that held Tarene? Or a speed blitz? Or flight? Counter heatvision? Gladiator humiliated Wonderman and snapped Hyperion's neck. Herc ain't faring better.

olympian
"Thor and the FF were amped by Reed's device. Gladiator noticed them while the rest of the empire didn't. He then fought Thor. Gladiator didn't need a device while Thor had one. "

Your talking about one storyline. One fight. Thor has reach those speeds on his own on his comic before. How you think he can travel to other galaxies and dimensions and hand out with Heralds in speed?

"Strong? If you think Thor only beat him using strength you've got to be kidding me."

I didnt said that. I said both are in the same class. Its how they are show.

"Gladiator didn't mean strength when he said that. "

And yet his words wer " hes just too strong....." no?

"Yes. He made Wonderman look stupid in their fight. Knocked Thing down in one punch"

Both Thor, Herc, Glads and Hulk are stronger than Thing.

"And where talking about comic Herc, not mythic Herc. There's a difference. "

If comics used someone just called "Hercules" with no relation with the myth then yes. You would be right. They use however the mythical one. The myths are cannon on him and are his background. So of course i use him as the same.

olympian
"Uh, Gladiator did this some time before DBZ came out. "

No. Dbz style of fights simply dont exist at Dc or Marvel. Its not the same and in this debate its simply trying to make it so. If that would be true Glads would own pretty much anyone. And he doesnt.

"As for the skycrafts, Gladiator held up the FF's tower and moved asteroids"

Gladiator helding a building (ffs tower ) is nothing compared with dragging Manhattan.

"How does Herc stand up to ice breath that held Tarene? Or a speed blitz? Or flight? Counter heatvision? Gladiator humiliated Wonderman and snapped Hyperion's neck. Herc ain't faring better."

he will fair better for the simple fact hes a better figther than Wonder Man and hyperion. And for the other smple fact that - he doesnt die- not by any conventional means like being freezed or burned.

olympian
"Uh, Gladiator did this some time before DBZ came out. "

No. Dbz style of fights simply dont exist at Dc or Marvel. Its not the same and in this debate its simply trying to make it so. If that would be true Glads would own pretty much anyone. And he doesnt"

Except Zoom Btw. I saw the "blitz" storyline and he actually - fights- that way. Its how he owned Flash like a kid.

long pig
Yes, Gladiator could own basically anyone, but he doesn't. What's so hard to believe about that?

He's badly written, just like Champion. No one should beat either of those two in a h2h fight, but they do because they aren't written to their full capabilities.

long pig
Seriously, do you REALLY think Thing should have lasted as long as he did with Champion? Hell no. Even though Champion depowered himself, took away most of his own power to make it a fair fight, he still should have owned him harder than he did.

olympian
Every hero gets badly written one in a while. But Glads has never fought ala DbZ. So far in comics the guy who actually fought that way and ownd everyone was Zoom. Just the fact hes way faster than flash ( even after stealing speeds from others ) and Superman and thinks, reacts and acts, breaths at those speeds make it so.

Glads can travel and fly at those speeds. The rest is what i call dubious.

olympian
"Seriously, do you REALLY think Thing should have lasted as long as he did with Champion? Hell no. Even though Champion depowered himself"

He shouldnt no.

And Champion depowered himself?

long pig
Yes! Dammit! Yes, he depowered himself to make the fight fair!
If not, he'd eat Thing.

He has the power primordial, which is more powerful than the power cosmic, he uses the PP to boost his strength to possibly limitless ammounts, but definatly incalcuable ammounts. He uses his PP to enhance his entire being to perfection, light speed flight, superhuman agility, all that stuff.

When he faught Thing in a boxing match, he depowered himself and didn't use his PP to enhance his strength and true invulerability(nothing short of molecular dispersion can hurt him) so that the match would be fair.

He beat the hell out of Thing anyways, but Thing wouldn't back down, Champ was forced to choose to either kill him or lose the match, he refused to kill him. Thing won because of that.

The same happend with She-Hulk, she begged LT to make Champ fight without his PP and without his Gem, he refused to even fight a girl, but she forced him so a lotta PIS happend and she somehow won.

He's mastered every single martial arts to ever exist, no one should be able to beat him in a h2h fight.

olympian
Calm down i asked because i didnt knew about that detail stick out tongue

In that case hmmm yeah people shouldnt beat him h2h. Hes definatly the jobber of the jobbest.

olympian
And even i know Hercules shouldnt beat him, i would like him to be taken to the limit of his skills against Champ. He deserves it better than Ben.

snoopdogg
Thor is stronger than Gladiator. So I believe Herc could be stronger than Gladiator also.

long pig
embarrasment sorry.

Champ is a sore spot. stick out tongue

long pig
I don't know if he's stronger or not, probably is, but not by enough to really make a difference. Gladiator at full steam would cream him.

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thor is stronger than Gladiator. So I believe Herc could be stronger than Gladiator also.
Thor is more powerful with hammer than Glad

But he can beat Glad

Then supes has 0% chance according to you.

snoopdogg
Thor is more powerful with hammer than Glad

But he can beat Glad

Then supes has 0% chance according to you. Herer is the strength chart.

Superman>Thor>Gladiator.

Gladiator said it himself that Thor is stronger.

kgkg
Herer is the strength chart.

Superman>Thor>Gladiator.

Gladiator said it himself that Thor is stronger.
He is too strong doesn't mean he is stronger.

Thor has said that Gladiator strength rivals his hammer.

Gladiator’s feats are beyond Superman

snoopdogg
He is too strong doesn't mean he is stronger. He didnt say too powerful he said too strong.

Thor has said that Gladiator strength rivals his hammer. I dont remember. What issue?

Gladiator’s feats are beyond Superman Really?

Most of the stuff you post was when Pre-Crisis Superman was still around. wink

long pig
Gladiator is pre-crisis Superman, but a little bit more powerful.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by long pig
Gladiator is pre-crisis Superman, but a little bit more powerful. Thats B.S. and you know it.

Pre-Crisis Superman never got his @ss handed to him as much as Gladiator does.

long pig
It isn't b.s at all. Gladiator gets his ass handed to him to job other characters. But, in the beginning, he was PC Superman and beyond.

No bullshit about it.

kgkg
well you must have read the comic , he was too strong to be defeated , he doesn't say thor was stronger than him.

ya and this was when Thor had his speed amped , nobody on the planet could see , them except Gladiator ( that fast)

as you know Gladiator strength can change from battle to battle.

There is pre-crisis Gladiator?

kgkg
It isn't b.s at all. Gladiator gets his ass handed to him to job other characters. But, in the beginning, he was PC Superman and beyond.

No bullshit about it.
Yes when written with his abilities, and when he is confident, still he is not above Pre -Crisis but somewhat his equal,

Pre-Crisis has a lot more feats tho

long pig
His first appearence (i think) he contained a solar system destroying blast by himself and then darted 100x speed of light towards Earth.

Pretty much pre-crisis Superman on steroids.

kgkg
smile , that confident glad

snoopdogg

No bullshit about it. In the beginning?

A weaker and less durbale Colossus almost beat him in the beginning. eek!

long pig
Well, I'm not counting the absurbing stupid things PC Superman did.

snoopdogg
His first appearence (i think) he contained a solar system destroying blast by himself and then darted 100x speed of light towards Earth.

Pretty much pre-crisis Superman on steroids. Superman was way faster than 100x light.

Gladiator has to be projected to get to that speed. eek!

kgkg
Superman was way faster than 100x light.

Gladiator has to be projected to get to that speed. eek!
that was just one showing he has no limits

Beyonder
Your talking about one storyline. One fight. Thor has reach those speeds on his own on his comic before. How you think he can travel to other galaxies and dimensions and hand out with Heralds in speed?

laughing out loud Didn't you know? Thor can open up stargates. And since when has Thor traveled at 100X speed of light? Please don't compare Thor's speed with Herald's speed or Gladiator's. Thor can fly fast, but not that fast.

Too strong means strength? Maybe you should read that fight. Thor used Mjlnornir and had outside help to win. He didn't beat Gladiator merely on strength. Mjlnornir's abilities were used to counter and beat Gladiator not just Thor's brute strength.

How about Hyperion or Wonder Man?

Just stop. Comics based their heroes and villains on alot of things including mythologies...even other companies' characters. Mythic Hercules and comic book Hercules are two different thing. Myths on him aren't cannon. Heck myths are even worse than crossovers and what ifs. Please stop using myths are cannon - it ain't. Ask just about anybody. It's like bringing feats of cartoon Apocalypse as cannon of comic book Apocalypse.

Beyonder

No. Dbz style of fights simply dont exist at Dc or Marvel. Its not the same and in this debate its simply trying to make it so. If that would be true Glads would own pretty much anyone. And he doesnt.

Yeah well he fought at 100X speed of light. As for DBZ style, it isn't DBZ style. You make it sound like DBZ invented the idea or something, and has copyrights on it.

And you'd think Surfer would own anybody with his power cosmic but he doesn't does he? Heck, he can transmute things but how often does he do?

Dragging Manhattan is still less than moving asteroids.

Better fighter? You think he judo threw these guys or karate kicked them? He fared better because he had a variety of powers and outclassed Wonderman in everything. Wonderman even needed a jetpack to got after Gladiator - which was fried by heatvision moments into their fight. Against Hyperion, both are nearly identical except Gladiator was more ruthless and a better fighter.

As for Herc, being immortal doesn't mean you can't get knocked out or lose a fight. Nor does it mean he can't be hurt.

olympian
"Yeah well he fought at 100X speed of light. As for DBZ style, it isn't DBZ style. You make it sound like DBZ invented the idea or something, and has copyrights on it"

Those characters fight like that way back to 83 or 84 when Toryama invented them. I dont know if they own the copyrights or not but they wer the some of the first to show it. Marvel or Dc werent. And thanks my point is Glads doesnt fight like that like some wer saying he did.

"Dragging Manhattan is still less than moving asteroids"

Depending the size of them yes. Glads just usually shows better feats on space while Herc shows better feats on earth. Its all in the background of the character. Herc is earth based, Glads isent.

"Better fighter? You think he judo threw these guys or karate kicked them? He fared better because he had a variety of powers and outclassed Wonderman in everything."

Better fighter as overall. More rutless, more skilled, stronger, more resistance to pain. Overall.

"As for Herc, being immortal doesn't mean you can't get knocked out or lose a fight. Nor does it mean he can't be hurt."

I never said he couldnt. What i said and i stand by is with healing ability and immortality is hard to put him down on a fight. When he gets down he can get up and do that as much time as he wants. Others dont have that advantage. Thats what it is an advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.