scott,emma....BLAH!!! and jean....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blaise
These to have no shame!!! First of all scott was cheating on jean with emma having a mental affair! Than emma acts like shes a victim when shes caught by jean! Than she get's broken to pieces and crying that she lost scott to jean when at the time jean and scott were married... so i don't know why she was cryin when she fully put that situation in front of her by gettin involved with a married man. Than when jean dies Emma has the nerve to kiss Scott on jean's grave.. I know emma is a ***** and shes like that.. BUt i don't understand scott's personity change. I know he and apolysice character became one and they split them apart again. BUt that doesn't change that his whole character is very messed up. Scott was always the boyscott and he i swear all those years he looked like he loved off jean grey. Than all of a sudden he goes and has a affair! and not just with any other gurl but with emma frost the women who had been involved with messing with jeans mind in the past that made her become the dark pheinox! Does he know exactly what he's doing! and theres no way in hell this man's in love with emma frost! Do they actually talk or jus have sex! AHHHHHH i'm sooooo maddd. WHat the hell is going on with the comics' these day's its like a friken soap opera!! I'm surprised that no one but woverine gave them a piece of mind!! OR would even count them as being leaders in the x-men when they can't even lead a decent live and both him and emma are messed up. Also, her character only cares about herself thats what they stated, so how does she fall in love with someone other than herself?

THis is what you get when a series is being written for to long they run out of idea's and than do a stud like this .......
well i understand that all these characters have to evolve and jean and scott were alwayz together and this situation made it interesting...

THough i styll hope that they get to either but i want jean to really give emma and scott a piece of her mind.... i don't care if she helped put them together....they have no right to disrespect her!!!! I want her and scott back because thats what she wants ....if i remeber clearly from the endsong.

munkiesarus
New X-Men really portrayed Emma as a representation of her mutant powers: she was a cold, hard diamond, with no emotions. She was that bad character, the one who had the best lines and stood out amongst the rest of the team, or the book for that matter. Lots of people didn't like her, but she grew on to so many more fans, including myself.

Emma used her manipulative, but not telepathic, ways to coerce Scott into having an affair with her. She even messed with his thoughts to make it seem like it wasn't going to mess with Scott and Jean's marriage. I really didn't like this, because it just brought TOO much drama into the X-Universe. Now I love a good drama serial, trust me, Indian television has LOADS, but Morrison really drew it past the line with the Emma-Scott affair.

Ok, so Emma gets caught with Cyclops by Jean. Jean, naturally, is mad. Emma still acts her normal arrogant way when Jean forces herself into Emma's mind; uncovering memories that are locked away deep in Emma's psyche. Now we see Emma as a person, who had a past with that troubled childhood and such...the White Queen's diamond facets were shattered, and there WAS a heart beneath it all.

And then when Emma seeks comfort in Logan and Beast, Logan especially, that's really touching, cuz the rough and tough guy seems to be the only one who isn't sick of her.

Okay, Emma and Scott kissing on Jean's grave was a little absurd, but Jean coerced Scott into kissing back...and while it was all to prevent Here Comes Tomorrow from happening, you can't say that Jean was turning her grave below them.

As for Scott's personality change...he was abducted by Apocalypse, and while their minds were ripped from each other, there WAS a time where the evil that is En Sabah Nur terrorized Summer's psyche, and that pure evil corrupted his thoughts; giving him a new look on the world basically. I think he says something along the lines of 'everything seems so much darker' or whatever.

Scott was the boyscout; and he was also Jean's husband. The Boyscout was Jean's husband. His TWO only defining traits. And something about a visor, I don't know stick out tongue. Scott Summers needed a change from that, a change from being Scott Grey; and that's what I think we can say was Morrison's motive.

I don't think Emma had a part of Dark Phoenix, did she? That was a Hellfire thing, but it was more that Black Rook guy, Harry Leland or something. Or no, I'm sorry, it was Jasdon Wyngarde, right?

And you, honestly, are acting as if he turned the corner and had an affair. It gradually led up to that, first Emma was playing "therapist' and THEN it got serious...Emma is a cold woman, she doesn't understand how to play the innocent role that was Jean Grey, always pulling the football away before Scott kicked in the beginning years. She took a much more brute way to his heart.

Scott and Emma LOVE each other..Scott loves Emma for who she is, and not only her beauty. It's like we saw in that Uncanny X-Men issue, where Rachel and Emma have a telepathic battle. Both prey on each other's ego instability, and Rachel makes Emma's telepathic form fat and ugly, and creates some X-Men to point and laugh at her. But we see the only one not laughing is Scott...and he actually goes out from the crowd and kisses the fat and ugly Emma..showing us he truly IS in love with the White Queen for who she is, not what.

Wolverine isn't the only one who gives his mind...sure, he's always "WHUMP"ing onto their bed and saying something snarky, but Kitty is constantly suspecting Emma of controlling Scott's mind. I'm sure Colossus is mad as hell to come back, to what he probably thinks is an AU, and see Emma and Scott sucking face. Beast is probably angry, him and Jean were awesome friends...and most of the other X-Men just don't like Emma...she's got enemies in her allies.

Emma does NOT only care about herself...if that was true, she wouldn't have raced to the fallen Cyclops in Astonishing #10 after he effectively blasted himself. If that was true, she wouldn't have de-diamoned in that very issue, to protect a secret that she is probably hiding to save the X-Men...her being evil would be WAAAY too obvious. Emma is not the posh princess she was in New X-Men, no, Astonishing has shown us the humanity she oft borders upon.

A series being written for too long. Right, so let's just CANCEL all X-titles because there are no more plots. Psh, this is the best idea the House of Ideas has pumped out in a while...I mean, breaking the bond that is Scott and Jean? It's unthinkable...but would Astonishing X-Men kick so much ass if Jean was there instead of Emma? Anyone who agrees with that is honestly full of, I must regretfully say, full of $hit.

You don't care that Jean essentially put them together, but that's what happened. They aren't disrespecting her; they don't go to sleep every night muttering her name alongside a string of profanities.

Jean might want Scott back...but I'm sorry, dear, he's content with Emma.

eternitygoddess
I'm mad as hell about this whole issue. Jean and Scott were one of the iconic couples of the Marvel Universe. You break them up, you might as well break up Spider Man and Mary Jane, Superman and Louis Lane, Reed Richards and Invisible Woman.
They've been through everything together and have 3 kids. And suddenly he just completely throws it all away just to have an affair with a two-timing ****?! WtF?!!!
Morrison completely ruined X-Men. I hope Jean returns and kicks Emma's butt for good.

blaise
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
You break them up, you might as well break up Spider Man and Mary Jane, Superman and Louis Lane, Reed Richards and Invisible Woman.

That's exactly my my thoughts wink
Now as for emma frost growing on everyone ...i don't hate her character i'm just mad that she and scott are together because that just messes everything up. What 's their point in all this that true love never lasts and can alwayz be replaced. Jean and scott have a huge history together you can't jus pretend it didn't happened and throw it away like that. So if morrison did this change in order to change scott summers from being scott grey thats ridicules. Thats also like lets breake clark kent and lois lane because shes lois kent and shes to much in his shawdow. "Or lets break up these couples in order to show their full meaning." HELLO first of all if u want to show a characters characteristics u don't need to break them up and put them RIGHT away with another character which would show them better. Heck now from being scott grey ...lets just turn him into scott frost....!!!
Also i never said not to buy marvel comics i jus said its now becoming like a soap oprea.
As for those 2 not disrespecting jean BLAHHHH .....Emma fully stood by jean grey's grave and talked mad shit about her ....ON HER GRAVE..!!!!!!
Scott disrespected jean by letting emma talk her shit about jean and also by letting himself be manipulated by emma by having a a mind affair or wutever it was.
Also when i said that in the past emma frost was the one who influence jean grey into turning into the dark phenox it's true. She was the one who took jean grey's mind into a fantasy land with mastermind i'm thinking i remeber his name by jason i think. She got jean thinking that she was the black queen and in love with jason. That totally messed jean up and scott had come wondering why jean didn't remeber who he was and didn't seem to remeber who she was. Scott indeed knew or should have known that emma frost had helped caused jean to become dark phenox

Phoenix_Avatar9
At least Jean's happy, she finally let go in Endsong, and I don't think she's mad at Emma anymore

munkiesarus
Hmph. There, a giganto Phoenix fan is not bashing my slutty Emma for once! Thanks P_A9!

blaise
lol hahhahah ur a joker...awwwww

blaise
yes she did let goo because shes not like that shes not a ***** like that to keep a grudge ..plus she remebered that she was the one who pushed dem together thats why she was telling the phoenox that to let emma gooo becuase she's going to understand later.....

truthfully ...i think i know why jean pushed dem together 1. was to make sure scott didn't live a lonely life and to make the future look like that .2. Jean knows she's dead and that she only comes back when she needs to save the world or destroy it...so she knew she and scott wouldn't work out....she and him are styll in my books true love....
THis is because in order for him to be happy she'ld sacrfice her heart ....hehe

xmarksthespot
Okay gonna get killed for this but imo... Scott and Jean always seemed the product of inevitability. They were schoolmates, friends then teammates and then lovers. Sometimes they've just seemed forced. (Preparing for onslaught of Jean/Scott supporters)

blaise
forced ...Forced....FORCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ......yah probably by destiny and fateeeee and love.....!!! When jean and scott were just little kids ..jean had found another lonely boy like herself and this is when the both first kinda loved each other...this was innocent love..no one FORCED her to find this one boys mind out of hundreds of other little minds.

than when they were school mates they had crushs on each other no one FORCED them in to have crushs on each other..

When they were teammates jean had come and joined the x-man ...she was the first female x-man....all those guys bobby....Angell..beast ..and of course scott summers had the hots for her...

Well out of all those guys she choice scott...(in the early comics i don't know why she'd chose him from the others he wasn't that great back than.,., and she did) ....lust probably than ...

she even left x-men and joined another team...and she and scott got back together cause they were meant to be

-she died in the shuttle and scott never gave up on her styll loved her
-she become dark phenox and he never lost hope for her ...he styll fought for her....and she sacraficed her life for her love for him becuase she didn't want to hurt him

-when he supposedly died and become one with apoylispe she never gave up on him and found him back and split his soul and apoylispe soul appart.

I COULD GOOOO onnnn would u like me too....like i said if they were forced its FATE AND DISTINY AND TRUE LUV...u can't run away from ur soulmate once u find dem..and they were in luv wit one another when they were little kids...and grew into indiviuals together..

blaise
here

munkiesarus
Cheesy manip...stick out tongue

blaise
how about dis ...

eternitygoddess
At least Jean's happy, she finally let go in Endsong, and I don't think she's mad at Emma anymore

Actually, I think she's still a little irked. Remember in Endsong when she said 'Get out of that stupid body!' and then THREW Emma away? Oh I just loved that part!

Phoenix_Avatar9
well, yeah, that was goodlaughing out loud , but i think she kinda transcends that now

FieryBalrog
initially I was pissed, but after the way Scott disrespected her (especially by, oh I dunno, MAKING OUT ON HER GRAVE- twice), I dont want them together anymore. Jean deserves better.

Scott can have Emma, hes earned it laughing Hes never been particularly faithful or anything anyway, and hes such a wuss when it comes to his love life wink

Originally posted by munkiesarus

You don't care that Jean essentially put them together, but that's what happened.

not really, Jean just let Scott get over his grief. She doesnt command Scott to get with Emma, she commands him to "Live".

They aren't disrespecting her; they don't go to sleep every night muttering her name alongside a string of profanities.

Are you sure about that, I think Emma is laughing She has a tremendous insecurity about it, which is why she's always bringing it up and insulting a dead woman (Astonishing and Endsong).

Cosmic Flame
What was it Emma said about her brains and the best body money can buy, and she still ranks lower than a corpse?

I just wish Scott weren't written as so wishy washy when it comes to relationships...It doesn't seem like it's really in character for him. I still haven't made up my mind if I want Scott and Jean to get back together.

Maybe she should get with someone uber powerful, like Thor for example, and make babies. Is that even possible, btw? Or how about Mags? She could be Scarlet Witch's step-mom. Wouldn't that be jacked up?

munkiesarus
Cyclops and Wolverine are fighting after Logan WHUMPs onto Emma and Scott's bed.

the quote, which I've awkwardly saved for some time on my E: ...

"superpowers, a scintillating wit, and the best body money can buy...and i still rate below a corpse."

Cosmic Flame
Thanks! Gotta love Emma though for who she is.

xmarksthespot
big grin

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
big grin

yup, Emma's just a tad insecure huh big grin

blaise
forreal lol hahaha emma's tooo funny i can't hate her for being such a bitchhh lol but she is insecure

eternitygoddess
One should look at it this way:

Scott and Emma deserve each other. Jean Grey is WAYYY too good for him. She's a goddess for crying out loud, she doesn't need to be tied to a lowly mortal. She can do MUCH better. Scott should be thankful he even got a chance with Jean but nooo, he threw it all away to have a fling with the White Queen. That bastard should be thanking his lucky stars everyday that Jean didn't whup his butt when she found him in bed with Emma.

blaise
thats true hehhe heres a link on where jean tells the phoenox to get out of emma's stupid body hehehe http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JoshuaChayne/SONG2.jpg

xmarksthespot
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/emmascott.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/untitled4.jpg

blaise
at least he admits ittt HAHAHAH i have to have some sort of respect for him for that

FieryBalrog
yea but I cant really respect a man whos wrapped around a woman's finger so tightly laughing although it is amusing.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
yea but I cant really respect a man whos wrapped around a woman's finger so tightly laughing

But she's not just any woman...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/xes-02-03.jpg
She's Emma Frost drool

blaise
hahhaha ....yup he probably get's distracted from her fake assets since its exposed... i'm jus supprised he never told her to cover it up... also i do'nt know why she said ur neve goin to see me naked again .....DAMN shes dressed already basically naked ./.. lol so it don't matter ....

pr1983
One should look at it this way:

Scott and Emma deserve each other. Jean Grey is WAYYY too good for him. She's a goddess for crying out loud, she doesn't need to be tied to a lowly mortal. She can do MUCH better. Scott should be thankful he even got a chance with Jean but nooo, he threw it all away to have a fling with the White Queen. That bastard should be thanking his lucky stars everyday that Jean didn't whup his butt when she found him in bed with Emma.

ok... no.

i think munkie got it right... breaking up scott and jean was a bold move and it payed off... if they were going to have jean as the phoenix (more permanently) it would have been stupid to have scott pining over her so much...

he was coerced into staying with emma imo, so he wouldnt quit the xmen... i dont think if emma had been there that he would have stayed after what happened in new york...

i dont like emma that much (but she does make me laugh), or even jean for that matter... but it was right imo that breaking them up is like breaking up spidey and mj, reed and sue...

though i honestly dont know whether they'll get back together...

blaise
Originally posted by pr1983
ok... no.

i think munkie got it right...

hmm who was right ???

pr1983
this post here...

New X-Men really portrayed Emma as a representation of her mutant powers: she was a cold, hard diamond, with no emotions. She was that bad character, the one who had the best lines and stood out amongst the rest of the team, or the book for that matter. Lots of people didn't like her, but she grew on to so many more fans, including myself.

Emma used her manipulative, but not telepathic, ways to coerce Scott into having an affair with her. She even messed with his thoughts to make it seem like it wasn't going to mess with Scott and Jean's marriage. I really didn't like this, because it just brought TOO much drama into the X-Universe. Now I love a good drama serial, trust me, Indian television has LOADS, but Morrison really drew it past the line with the Emma-Scott affair.

Ok, so Emma gets caught with Cyclops by Jean. Jean, naturally, is mad. Emma still acts her normal arrogant way when Jean forces herself into Emma's mind; uncovering memories that are locked away deep in Emma's psyche. Now we see Emma as a person, who had a past with that troubled childhood and such...the White Queen's diamond facets were shattered, and there WAS a heart beneath it all.

And then when Emma seeks comfort in Logan and Beast, Logan especially, that's really touching, cuz the rough and tough guy seems to be the only one who isn't sick of her.

Okay, Emma and Scott kissing on Jean's grave was a little absurd, but Jean coerced Scott into kissing back...and while it was all to prevent Here Comes Tomorrow from happening, you can't say that Jean was turning her grave below them.

As for Scott's personality change...he was abducted by Apocalypse, and while their minds were ripped from each other, there WAS a time where the evil that is En Sabah Nur terrorized Summer's psyche, and that pure evil corrupted his thoughts; giving him a new look on the world basically. I think he says something along the lines of 'everything seems so much darker' or whatever.

Scott was the boyscout; and he was also Jean's husband. The Boyscout was Jean's husband. His TWO only defining traits. And something about a visor, I don't know stick out tongue. Scott Summers needed a change from that, a change from being Scott Grey; and that's what I think we can say was Morrison's motive.

I don't think Emma had a part of Dark Phoenix, did she? That was a Hellfire thing, but it was more that Black Rook guy, Harry Leland or something. Or no, I'm sorry, it was Jasdon Wyngarde, right?

And you, honestly, are acting as if he turned the corner and had an affair. It gradually led up to that, first Emma was playing "therapist' and THEN it got serious...Emma is a cold woman, she doesn't understand how to play the innocent role that was Jean Grey, always pulling the football away before Scott kicked in the beginning years. She took a much more brute way to his heart.

Scott and Emma LOVE each other..Scott loves Emma for who she is, and not only her beauty. It's like we saw in that Uncanny X-Men issue, where Rachel and Emma have a telepathic battle. Both prey on each other's ego instability, and Rachel makes Emma's telepathic form fat and ugly, and creates some X-Men to point and laugh at her. But we see the only one not laughing is Scott...and he actually goes out from the crowd and kisses the fat and ugly Emma..showing us he truly IS in love with the White Queen for who she is, not what.

Wolverine isn't the only one who gives his mind...sure, he's always "WHUMP"ing onto their bed and saying something snarky, but Kitty is constantly suspecting Emma of controlling Scott's mind. I'm sure Colossus is mad as hell to come back, to what he probably thinks is an AU, and see Emma and Scott sucking face. Beast is probably angry, him and Jean were awesome friends...and most of the other X-Men just don't like Emma...she's got enemies in her allies.

Emma does NOT only care about herself...if that was true, she wouldn't have raced to the fallen Cyclops in Astonishing #10 after he effectively blasted himself. If that was true, she wouldn't have de-diamoned in that very issue, to protect a secret that she is probably hiding to save the X-Men...her being evil would be WAAAY too obvious. Emma is not the posh princess she was in New X-Men, no, Astonishing has shown us the humanity she oft borders upon.

A series being written for too long. Right, so let's just CANCEL all X-titles because there are no more plots. Psh, this is the best idea the House of Ideas has pumped out in a while...I mean, breaking the bond that is Scott and Jean? It's unthinkable...but would Astonishing X-Men kick so much ass if Jean was there instead of Emma? Anyone who agrees with that is honestly full of, I must regretfully say, full of $hit.

You don't care that Jean essentially put them together, but that's what happened. They aren't disrespecting her; they don't go to sleep every night muttering her name alongside a string of profanities.

Jean might want Scott back...but I'm sorry, dear, he's content with Emma.

blaise
ohhh heheh nooo u shouldn't be with her...but against herr lol .....

blaise
jokin

eternitygoddess
I don't get what Scott sees in Emma besides her looks and body. What is it about Emma that made Scott throw away a perfectly good marriage and a woman that he's loved for years? Yeah yeah Scott loves Emma for who she is, but all she is is a goddamn, manipulating, skanky, ***** with a nasty personality to boot. I don't find that very loveable.

pr1983
I don't get what Scott sees in Emma besides her looks and body. What is it about Emma that made Scott throw away a perfectly good marriage and a woman that he's loved for years? Yeah yeah Scott loves Emma for who she is, but all she is is a goddamn, manipulating, skanky, ***** with a nasty personality to boot. I don't find that very loveable.

Jean manipulated him...

maybe emma gave him a bit of attention that jean never did...

munkiesarus
Originally posted by blaise
ohhh heheh nooo u shouldn't be with her...but against herr lol .....

Him. Proud holder of the XY chromosome wink

A perfectly good marriage? You're blind.

xmarksthespot
She's got superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy. big grin

munkiesarus
Lol..but she STILL rates below a corpse! stick out tongue

eternitygoddess
Okay okay maybe not a perfectly good marriage, but it would've worked out if he didn't opt for a roll in the haystack with Emma.

munkiesarus
...it was getting downhill since before that.

It probably wouldn't have worked. It would just eventually come out from beneath them...it was either Logan or Emma to break the marriage.

And frankly, didn't Jean approach Logan first?

Cosmic Flame
When did Jean manipulate him? And what attention did she deny him? Maybe he didn't receive attention because he was looking everywhere else but home.

Cosmic Flame
She approached Logan to talk to him about how she'd approached Scott but he kept shutting down.

munkiesarus
Oh. Whoops.

Well, who kissed first?

blaise
yah.. but cause scott was having serious problems with dealin wit apoly....in his headd..wasn't givin her no attention.....but basically we saw that her and logon would never happen......and thats a typical behaver from a female .... if their not gettin attention get it somewhere else....imagine emma was in jeans position....she'd probaly sleep wit login....MENTALLy wit her psy powers...

but really scott probably needed time to deall....it would have work cause their is wayyy to much history and love in that relationship...

blaise
logan had kissed first .....lol ....and also he was the one to pull away..but she probably was in shock ..u know ...when it happened

Cosmic Flame
He didn't want to deal. He's always been moody, and this just kicked it up a few notches. The way he dealt with what happened with Apocalypse was for him to have an affair with Emma. Since they've been together, there hasn't been one mention of bad feelings or thoughts due to Apocalypse. Isn't that odd? His wife and soulmate of how many years tries to reach out to him, but he won't let her in. Some other woman (who incidentally tried to kill him-let us not forget) wants some of that Summers' lovin' and all of a sudden Apocalypse is history. WTF? Does this seem odd to anyone but me?

I'm eager to see what his reaction will be when Jean comes back. Will he stay with Emma? His past says there's not a chance that Emma will hold on to him if Jean's around. He may just go AWOL again with Logan.

I just KNOW pr's gonna bust my chops for this laughing

munkiesarus
Psh, you know she kissed back.

blaise
lol if she did sooo....maybe he was a goodkisser...she probably was imaginein him scott ...since he' was no where in site at the time....

and yes i agre scott has issues but i guess probably deeep down in his heart..he felt after she turned back phoenox..that she leave him....through death ....or by saving the universe again....

u can't blame him in a way.. life was alwayz takin his one true love..

plus he didn't feel guilt probably jean had givin him the need not to feel guild

in here comes tommorrow......well at first .....he was drinkin alll time ....and guilty.....

he was lonely also ....and didn't take leadership and shutdown the scohool which messed up the future

than jean had to make him one to life

...probably by gettin him another gurl to love....even though it broke her heart...

munkiesarus
Just cuz Scott closed the school doesn't mean Storm couldn't have re-opened it...don't blame Here Comes Tomorrow on him!

blaise
i'm not but thats what happened .no one took over the schoolll...yah storm could have opened it...sure ...but im sayin scott was very depressed...so he did care wut he did was wrong ...

munkiesarus
I know, I know..we're just fighting our sides diligently and neither side is going to give up!

blaise
lol i knowsmile

xmarksthespot
Scott and Jean were a relationship both destined and doomed. Thoughts?

blaise
anyone who's goin to have a relationship wit jean..whiles shes the phoenox is goin to be doomed......

thats whats tragic about their love storyyyyyyyyy

like romeo and juilet....
except jean only dies....
and scott cheated on her

but they both love one another ...groan that so didn't sound the way i was hopin for it to sound ..hehe

eternitygoddess
WAHHH!!! This is all making me so sad!!!

blaise
WAHHH!!! This is all making me so sad!!!

hehe ur too cute

don't worry there are so many altra-dimonsions... there has to be some that scott and jean are together..

and u neva know maybe some how she and scott will be togethersmile
the are makin a endsong 2 series

so maybeeeeeeeeeee....

truthfully thats the only reason i'm keepin an eye on marvel comics.....TO See if they will get back or at least interact ..

eternitygoddess
^^^Well Endsong 2 is probably not going to accomplish much more than ripping our money off of us, Phoenix will come back, go bonkers, X-Men have to kill her off again.

People think I'm overreacting with the Jean Grey/Scott Summers split "It's just a comic!" but for me they were a big part of my chilhood. I grew up watching them together and I knew about them before I knew about Romeo&Juliet. They were the epitome of true love, even though their marriage hit a few holes now and then, but doesn't every marriage? I always thought they would work out their differences so seeing them go apart like this gave me the shock equivalent of one
telling me Barney is a serial killer. and it doesn't help the fact that James Marsden and Famke Janssen make such a great looking pair. Sheesh, I sound like a total dorkus here.

pr1983
Okay okay maybe not a perfectly good marriage, but it would've worked out if he didn't opt for a roll in the haystack with Emma.

yes, its all his fault... please...

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
When did Jean manipulate him? And what attention did she deny him? Maybe he didn't receive attention because he was looking everywhere else but home.

the here comes tomorrow thing...

as for the attention... guys need attention... cyke didnt seem to be getting what he wanted from jean as much as she wasnt getting what she needed...

He didn't want to deal. He's always been moody, and this just kicked it up a few notches. The way he dealt with what happened with Apocalypse was for him to have an affair with Emma. Since they've been together, there hasn't been one mention of bad feelings or thoughts due to Apocalypse. Isn't that odd? His wife and soulmate of how many years tries to reach out to him, but he won't let her in. Some other woman (who incidentally tried to kill him-let us not forget) wants some of that Summers' lovin' and all of a sudden Apocalypse is history. WTF? Does this seem odd to anyone but me?

I'm eager to see what his reaction will be when Jean comes back. Will he stay with Emma? His past says there's not a chance that Emma will hold on to him if Jean's around. He may just go AWOL again with Logan.

I just KNOW pr's gonna bust my chops for this laughing

nah... i do disagree with you though...

i dont think he just forgot about apocalypse... even today he's a different man to what he was before the incident...

emma is just a phase imo... every guy dates a girl like emma(personality wise) at some point...

Just cuz Scott closed the school doesn't mean Storm couldn't have re-opened it...don't blame Here Comes Tomorrow on him!

i actually do... it just shows how important he is to the x-men... for all their powers and abilities, when he left they lost the very thing which made them work as a team... he's xaviers natural successor...

^^^Well Endsong 2 is probably not going to accomplish much more than ripping our money off of us, Phoenix will come back, go bonkers, X-Men have to kill her off again.

People think I'm overreacting with the Jean Grey/Scott Summers split "It's just a comic!" but for me they were a big part of my chilhood. I grew up watching them together and I knew about them before I knew about Romeo&Juliet. They were the epitome of true love, even though their marriage hit a few holes now and then, but doesn't every marriage? I always thought they would work out their differences so seeing them go apart like this gave me the shock equivalent of one
telling me Barney is a serial killer. and it doesn't help the fact that James Marsden and Famke Janssen make such a great looking pair. Sheesh, I sound like a total dorkus here.

well i hate marsden, so... stick out tongue

i grew up reading x-men too...

when i heard that the marriage was on the rocks and scott psychically cheated on her i was like "holy motherf*ckin shit"...

i don't even like jean, but i knew they were meant to be together...

people say they sort of fell into it... i disagree... they live in a house with some of the most beautiful people in marvel, not to mention logan's constant pursuit of jean, it takes real love to stay together in those circumstances...

Cosmic Flame
People always say that she forced him or coerced him to be with Emma, but how do we know for sure? Couldn't she have been saying "Live, Scott. Live." because she'd eradicated what would make things go bad for them in the future? Maybe she just showed him that he could live without her. One of the biggest black spots on Scott's character is that he's never been alone since he and Jean started dating. If she's not around, there's always another woman. Let him be a man. He's surely not that needy.

As far as neglect is concerned, when was he neglected? It wasn't when he merged with Apoc and she went looking for him because everyone else wrote him off as done for? It wasn't when she got him back and was asking him to talk to her about what happened.

I always felt that Xavier trained him to be field commander, while Jean was to run everything else.

Well he'd be a different man today after all that's happened in NXM, Apocalypse or not. Sixteen million mutants dead, Xorneto destroying NYC...If you're in the thick of it, you're not going to be the same. And for as much as he fought with Jean and was difficult about communicating with her, she was apparently right: the bad feelings do eventually go away. If they haven't how come we haven't seen ANY indication to the contrary?

The bottom line is that Morrison just wanted to break them up. He wanted Emma and Scott together. I don't think that there was anything happening in their relationship that they couldn't have worked out. He just didn't want them to.

blaise
damnnn morrisonnnn!!! he probably jus wanted to make a name for himself by doing this ............

pr1983
People always say that she forced him or coerced him to be with Emma, but how do we know for sure? Couldn't she have been saying "Live, Scott. Live." because she'd eradicated what would make things go bad for them in the future? Maybe she just showed him that he could live without her. One of the biggest black spots on Scott's character is that he's never been alone since he and Jean started dating. If she's not around, there's always another woman. Let him be a man. He's surely not that needy.

Not wanting to be alone doesnt make you needy... and scott's first loyalty has always been to jean...

she could have pushed harder, made him listen... And what, he neglected her? when he refused to fight her when she was the phoenix? his biggest failure as a leader is his inability to seperate his feelings for jean from his leadership of the team...

possibly, but i still think he'd make cyclops the highest ranking as always...

he's different because his mind was invaded by one of the most evil mutants on the planet... apoc could have made him think anything he wanted... he could have convinced him that jean didnt love him, that she wanted logan... self doubt is the worst thing a leader can suffer from... thats adding to what happened in NXM.

can u clarify what u mean, i didnt get it... embarrasment

totally agree...

munkiesarus
Well, look at it this way...

Marvel accepted it right? So they apparently liked the idea.

Hey hey hey wait...

Everyone here LOVED Phoenix: Endsong, right? Half of those pages wouldn't have happened without the pairing of Emma + Scott! SO HAH!

pr1983
Well, look at it this way...

Marvel accepted it right? So they apparently liked the idea.

Hey hey hey wait...

Everyone here LOVED Phoenix: Endsong, right? Half of those pages wouldn't have happened without the pairing of Emma + Scott! SO HAH!

sick

endsong was imo...

crap...

blaise
i .liked it cause pictures was niceee ..
and i like see emma squim. on the thought jean was comin back ..it was way to funny

that wit emma and scott together...damn i didn't read the comic..
i jus saw alot of pictures of jean and got happy hhehe

pr1983
im not a fan of the art...

but i just thought it was pointless... their lives weren't changed at all...

blaise
not trueee....jeans not whole as we know shes lookin for her pieces and the twin gurls sometings goin to happend to themmm ..one probably has jeans piece....and mite want to go torrmenet emma and scott lol

pr1983
Originally posted by blaise
not trueee....jeans not whole as we know shes lookin for her pieces and the twin gurls sometings goin to happend to themmm ..one probably has jeans piece....and mite want to go torrmenet emma and scott lol

i meant with everyone else... jean is still out of their lives...

blaise
i have nooo clueee

Cosmic Flame
What do you mean she could have made him listen? There wasn't anything that she could do for him but be there for him, and he obviously didn't want that. It was all up to him to pull himself out of his depression. He had a sounding board in his wife, and he chose not to use it. He wanted to be classic Scott: brooding and self-absorbed. He certainly had no problem separating his feelings for Jean and his leadership in NXM. His biggest problem as a leader is that it's always only the team. He never deals with his own issues, and those will almost always spill over into work if you don't take care of them. He never does.

For X-Men, yes. For the Institute and X-Corps, I don't think so. Jean has always been Xavier's right hand. You see it in Ultimate as well. Rescue missions, no problem. Cyke can handle a team on the field like no one, but those aren't the same skills needed for diplomacy. If Jean were alive now, I'm sure she'd be running the school, not Scott. And I can't imagine him running X-Corps.

They've all been through tons of stuff. Most have been manipulated by someone at one point or another. Betsy held the Shadow King in her mind, and she didn't lose it. His mentor, wife and children are among the most powerful minds in existence. He knows about manipulation. This isn't something new to him. I don't think Apocalypse made him think anything evil. I do think that Apoc showed Scott things about himself that he didn't want to see.

I was speaking of the bad feelings. Jean said they go away. How come those bad feelings only manifested themselves in their relationship? Why didn't Apoc take the opportunity to make him question the value of the X-Men? Why didn't he push his Darwinian manifesto of survival of the fittest? Of all the ways Apoc could ensure his survival, he would attack Jean and Scott's marriage, and nothing else?

Regardless, he appears to have gotten over everything. He's with Emma. He's running the school. The bad feelings must have gone away.

Endsong was important because it established/restablished what and who Phoenix is. That certainly is going to have a lasting impact on the X-Men. When Jean returns, Scott has to accept her for who and what she is. There is no other entity anymore. Regardless of whether he's with Jean when she comes back, he knows that she can't deny her power because of the consequences.

eternitygoddess
My reaction exactly too
laughing

Well WE certainly DON'T like the idea, and it's our money that's giving them their paychecks.

Cosmic Flame
Yet the X-Men still sell incredibly well...

blaise
its the art damn it....

eternitygoddess
^^^Hahaha!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.