The Decent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beta-wolf_101

chilled monkey
Thanks, that sounds pretty interesting.

My only concerns are the 'pretence of unity' and 'as savage as the creatures' bits. I prefer movies where they embrace unity and work together.

MildPossession
Yeah been looking forwards to this film from the Dog Soldiers director, looks nice and gory, and has a 18 rating here in the UK smile

DeScent...

beta-wolf_101
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Thanks, that sounds pretty interesting.

My only concerns are the 'pretence of unity' and 'as savage as the creatures' bits. I prefer movies where they embrace unity and work together.

I prefer real life reactions, alot people would turn on each other fighting to survive any way they can. That add to esculation of tenstion throughout the film. This is my opinion but I think its gonna be a good movie.

chilled monkey
You're entitled to your opinion and I see your point, but to me, a good story is one that shows people overcoming their base, selfish nature and doing what's right, especially if these people have been friends for years.

Just my opinion.

Deano
just going to see it now..
i'll post my thoughts later

Deano
good british horror flick..few jumpy scenes..i woudnt watch it again though

SlipknoT
Sounds Good

beta-wolf_101
I still would like to see it

Lyra Rose
this is a great film not what you expect it to\be about but i rules and is scary

MildPossession
It is good yes, see it.

beta-wolf_101
well good I will once its released in the US but its good to know that there are a few eyes out there in Europe keeping a look out for good horror films.

papabeard
I enjoyed it, id hoped that it would be better but it was still good. The ending is very ambiguous, Im not sure whether I liked it or not. A Bit of gore, the crawlers are pretty cool, good sound also and its very claustrophobic and quite scary, with many jumps. The film effectively combines the disaster movie element and the horror element, one of the better horrors ive seen of late, would have been more enjoyable if id seen it at the cinema and if the crawlers had appeared earlier, 7/10, not as good as Dog Soldiers

What did you guys think had happened in the story as a result of the ending?

panda was taken
Originally posted by papabeard
I enjoyed it, id hoped that it would be better but it was still good. The ending is very ambiguous, Im not sure whether I liked it or not. A Bit of gore, the crawlers are pretty cool, good sound also and its very claustrophobic and quite scary, with many jumps. The film effectively combines the disaster movie element and the horror element, one of the better horrors ive seen of late, would have been more enjoyable if id seen it at the cinema and if the crawlers had appeared earlier, 7/10, not as good as Dog Soldiers

What did you guys think had happened in the story as a result of the ending? sarah had gone completely mad; you can see her character decline into madness. i think that she accepted that she couldn't escape, and was waiting for the crawlers to get her. the ending leaves a lot of good interpretations.

adscrawler
there are some thoerys nocking around that there are no crawlers and its sarah killing the others.

deathbycorn
What did she give birth to a few dozen cave dwellers did she?

This movie was ok except for the fact that it was some Lesbian Horror movie.

I could not stand the bunch of girls and their stupid voices.

I was glad when the majority of them got killed!

deathbycorn
Originally posted by panda was taken
sarah had gone completely mad; you can see her character decline into madness. i think that she accepted that she couldn't escape, and was waiting for the crawlers to get her. the ending leaves a lot of good interpretations.
I think that she will become a crawler herself, if she could hide from them long enough. Her eyes would go blind because she wouldn't need them anymore in the dark, her skin would turn greenish because of lack of light and pretty much all she could eat would be other humans who explore the caves or animals.

papabeard
One theory could be is that the crawlers were just figments of her imagination as she was psychologically messed up after the car crash and it was her that was killing everyone not the crawlers

deathbycorn
Originally posted by papabeard
One theory could be is that the crawlers were just figments of her imagination as she was psychologically messed up after the car crash and it was her that was killing everyone not the crawlers
The crawlers were real I think...

papabeard
Yeah I know, but its a possibilty, the film makers wanted it to be ambiguous and open to interpretation and if you listen to the commentary they do make a few sly references to that effect.

Like at one point she is screaming and it cuts into the scream of a crawler.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Well, my dears...I have just completed the viewing of this particular horror film. My opinion? Why, yes...Of course, I shall come to that as it is what you've all been waiting for, isn't it my poppies? Yes, it is...

Well, with my eyes viewing the screen and thus partaking in the 'movie experience', I was initially rather unsettled and ready to roll. The spear through the window was bank-rolled before the first corner, but that second spear? Well, we all knew something was about to happen, but what we didn't. Jumping jack rabbits, I flinched like a weak kid who is always being picked on! Toughen-up, me boy!

As the females entered the cave, I was filled with dreadful anticipation. With my peeling eyes, I could hardly watch the squeeze through that itsy bitsy pokey holey. It reminded me of a chance happening many moons ago, when a squad of friends and I went cliff jumping. Found an underwater hole, did we 4...so upon dare of trying did we all dive down and through - for if we poultried, then walking home it would be...la la.

On first sight of Chapman's Homer...wait...On first sight of the little monsters, I was a little tweaked. Freaky enough, but a little too precious, if you get my meaning, Gollum. Then, after that skiddadle and swift ascent, I was suitably chicken jittered. After this, some things happened.

Then, that there ending...Suitably up-lifting at first, but then you always knew something had to be up its sleeve seeing as it hadn't finished yet...The final denouement? Hmmmm, maybe a little too tricksy, if you ask me. You didn't? Huh, that's weird. Anyway, yeah, she was loco, but so were her eses. My opinion is that she fell down, down, down and out, then up, up, up and about. The little motion in the car being a strange daymare. Maybe...maybe not...

My brain just don't like the idea that..."Oh, and then I woke up and it was all a dream..., etc." Didn't we all write that at least once during our high-school exams? Hmm....

7/10 - jumpy, but loopy.

cain marko
holy crap this is like the scariest shit i have ever seen. It combines pure horror with phobias of the dark, enclosed spaces, death which all adds up too one of the best adrenaline rushes i have ever had. although i did gip loads not because of the gore but because i was so scared....tv_horror

doomsday49
awesome flick!!!! Everyone should do themselves a favor and watch this. The guy above pretty much summed it up.

BackFire
Finally FINALLY coming out in America next month. Can't wait.

Wolfie
Neither can I! smile

Pandemoniac
It rocked! The variety of threats creates a great deal of tension; arguments among the girls, the hostile environment and off course the violent crawlers... good show!
Very decent acting, these chick were quite convincing on being terrified or even going insane, and they did a good job on the slaughter-departement as well! (to bad about those cocky British accents though).
Gore? It takes a little time for the cook to bring it in, but when it is delivered to your table, it is like a hamburger at Slim Rabbit's: Bloody as Hell, at it does not cut down once it starts.
Neil Marshall is a name you should keep close attention to, there is no telling what he'll do next but it is going to kick ass!

NormaBates
Yes, a very good movie with lots of gore. I'm glad we all agree for a change, Impedement put in your 2 cents, please.

The only little flaw, for me at least was that it took a really long time for the crawler to appear

Grimm22
It looks alright erm

So far the trailers I have seen for it are trying to make it look like the Cave, however by the things I have been hearing on this thread it actually sounds like a good movie

Impediment
I made the tactical error of going to see The Cave, simply because I had nothing better to do, and my friends bought my movie ticket. Needless to say, I hated it. To me, The Descent looks identical to The Cave, only with more gore. I'm just not too pumped up about it. However, I could be wrong. I'll probably wait until DVD and rent it. If I like it, I'll buy it. People are saying it's the "scariest movie since Alien". As much as I LOVE Alien, it just wasn't scary to me.

MildPossession
It's nothing like that awful movie The Cave, don't let The bloody Cave put you off seeing it!!

It's a fabulous British horror, and there are hardly 'cockney accents' in the film... One was Irish, another two American, one from Sweden or somewhere like that, one from Scotland, and an English woman who wasn't cockney...

There is one nice bit of short gore near the start...

Solo
It's pretty good. Not nearly as good as I expected, but the best horror movies in awhile.

It's a million times better than The Cave.

Grimm22
Ironicly enougth the cave was on showtime today stick out tongue

Prince Nauj
have you guys seen the poster for this movie?! IT looks great

NormaBates
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's nothing like that awful movie The Cave, don't let The bloody Cave put you off seeing it!!

It's a fabulous British horror, and there are hardly 'cockney accents' in the film... One was Irish, another two American, one from Sweden or somewhere like that, one from Scotland, and an English woman who wasn't cockney...

There is one nice bit of short gore near the start...

LOL, The girl from Sweden or somewhere like that was actually from Holland.
Holland is Europe, Sweden is Scandinavia...
I'm from Belgium just next door to Holland so i should know.

MildPossession
Yes I know where Sweden, Belgium and Holland are thank you.

But the point was the cockney thing... stick out tongue

cain marko
Originally posted by Solo
It's pretty good. Not nearly as good as I expected, but the best horror movies in awhile.

It's a million times better than The Cave. Originally posted by Grimm22
It looks alright erm

So far the trailers I have seen for it are trying to make it look like the Cave, however by the things I have been hearing on this thread it actually sounds like a good movie

its not the cave you americans made that while this was getting made ours came out first"!!! we thought the cave looked tooo much like the descent ha ha ha lol

NormaBates
Good point, Cain Marko!

NormaBates

Yes, off course laughing

NormaBates

Yes, off course laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.