LAWS: Good or Bad for us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
Nowadays we have so many laws that it is too hard to keep track of all of them.
Some have been forgotten. Some are too new for many people know about yet.

Are laws set to protect us or control us?

I know there are many good laws, but I also believe there are many ludicrous laws out there also.

So are laws starting to take some of our freedoms away?

Are laws starting to backfire?

Are laws becoming redundant and meaningless?

You decided.

ragesRemorse
Many of the laws that come about which restrict certain freedoms are instigated by the PEOPLE. We need laws for order. The system is shotty at best, but it is better than relying on the good-ness of fellow man.

Red Superfly
Laws.............

.....are lamer than FDR's legs.

What the f**k?

Echuu
There are some laws that are necessary. i.e. You can't murder somebody

Some aren't necessary though. Government should start to weed out the crappy ones. Course this would be an extremely huge task and there would be argument from people everywhere.

ragesRemorse
lets just throw the constitution out the window and start over. The constituion is about as usefull as toilet paper anymore anyway.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Echuu
There are some laws that are necessary. i.e. You can't murder somebody

Some aren't necessary though. Government should start to weed out the crappy ones. Course this would be an extremely huge task and there would be argument from people everywhere.

Isn't it funny how there are laws forbidding us from murdering others when the punishment sometimes for murder is murder.
It's hippocracy.

The try and right a wrong with a wrong.

They give themselves the right to kill others.

SlipknoT
The Law should be taken into the Peoples hands.

alcoholicpoet
^ werd.

Tptmanno1
Depends...
Some people are stupid. So laws are nessasary, Its HOW they are enforced that needs to be dealt with.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Laws.............

.....are lamer than FDR's legs.

What the f**k?
Too early no expression

Laws are good for the weak and bad for the Strong....I am not very strong (well not strong enough for the war of all against all) so i take them as good.......

Some of them are just strange though....I am talking laws in general now though....

Oh yes and Laws make sure that people don't get to strong or rebellous.....although you can use them to do exactly that......

Imperial_Samura
It's always been (in Democratic societies at least) an important question of State vs. the average citizen, although it's not meant to be in a bad way. Technically we surrender some of our freedom to the state in order to make our society safer, more productive and really as there are things the state can do that needs to be done that the average person can't. I think laws are a vital part of any culture, and will be here as long as people congregate together. As long as there are things that need regulating, or people will harm in some way other people or themselves we need them. Without them I have a feeling we could be facing something approaching anarchy...

Still, some laws are a bit over the top, and some do cross the line of balance between State/the people. Still, while such ones must be watched for it can't help to oust all laws together, as they are one of the most vital parts of any society...

jaden101
laughing laughing laughing

2 faced hippos'...classic

Echuu
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Isn't it funny how there are laws forbidding us from murdering others when the punishment sometimes for murder is murder.
It's hippocracy.

The try and right a wrong with a wrong.

They give themselves the right to kill others.

Most of the time. But if some idiot blows 100 people away with an assault rifle do you think he deserves to live?

Fishy
No, its to good for him.

powerfulone1987
Most of the time. But if some idiot blows 100 people away with an assault rifle do you think he deserves to live?

No, he doesn't deserve to live, but who are we to make that choice.
Do we have the right to kill him?
We are punishing someone by doing exactly what they did to get punish.
We are becoming what we're trying to get rid of.

I believe that death would be to easy and it would be better for that person to suffer.

SlipknoT
Most of the time. But if some idiot blows 100 people away with an assault rifle do you think he deserves to live? Depends What he was doing it for.

Napalm
amen slipknot

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Depends What he was doing it for.

Lol, you know it doesn't matter the reason, unless in war or something like that, but other than that, it's wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.