if you looked at god would it kill you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imlistening
if you looked at god would it kill you, or what if you looked at jesus, would that kill you?

debbiejo
The Bible says it would...And that's if you think God is this big glowing ball of illumines light....

Imlistening
so if god showed himself to you then he would be a murderer, because it would be the same as him killing you. i dont think that i want to see him until after i die.

Echuu
Originally posted by Imlistening
so if god showed himself to you then he would be a murderer

No I don't think God the father would reveil himself to us in his full form.

Imlistening
so what he only shows a foot or hand or something like that at a time?

debbiejo
Gods invisible....maybe we are looking right through It/Him.....

Yeah, I know, invisible..

Imperial_Samura
I thought his form only had the potential to blind... but maybe it does kill, though I must wonder why, although in the old Testament at least there appeared to be indications that people, such as Adam had seen him, though for chaps like Moses it seems he was obscured.

And it depends on what form of Jesus. Many people apparently saw him on earth, both prior and post resurrection.

finti
yeah well many say they have seen Elvis after 1977 too so...............

Imperial_Samura
That is true, along with Hitler and JFK. They probably all share a flat or something. Though this does beg the question, does seeing Elvis cause death eek!

finti
death to your liability

cking
yes, you will die if you see god in his real form. for he said to moses that no man can see me and live, but moses did see his back. He covered his eyes when he saw the burning bush. His holiness is too great for us. the Israelites told moses that is god spoke it would kill them. when moses came down from the mountain, his face was shown with god's glory and no one could see him and asked moses to cover his face when he came down the mountain.

finti
if no one could see him whats the purpose of covering the face

Imperial_Samura
So wait, all those Jewish people spent the next 40 years in the desert not looking at Moses?

Shakyamunison
if you looked at god would it kill you, or what if you looked at jesus, would that kill you?

No. We look at God all the time.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No. We look at God all the time.

Me too, and even in the mirror... blink

finti
guess thats why they spend 40 years in the desert, they went around looking for moses

cking
no moses only saw the form of god like make in a burning bush or a pillar of a cloud, this is the only way God can show himself without killing people. He took the form of Jesus so he would not have to be in a form of a bush or a cloud. moses saw the cloud of God and that was enough to make his face glow and when he saw the bush he saw only a glimpse of Glory and that is why he covered his face. When God was in a form of a cloud this is not what he looked like but it was the as close he could get to the Israelites without killing them. They spent forty years in a desert because they were to chicken to take over a country, even through god put Egypt to its knees, they made a bunch of excuse that they were too strong and too many despite God destroyed Egypt.

lilmisskitten
What...........So you can't look at god, because hes to holy, what if you never left a room th ewhole of you life and you were very clean (as cleanliness is next to godliness) so you couldnt have the chance to sin are you not the n holy so could you see him and babys can't sin so would they be able to, there supposed to be able to see fairy becasue of that

cking
nope, our sin would be destroyed if we saw him and if our sin is destroyed so are us. we can clean ourselves all the time and still be killed because we have sinned. babies do sin but they don't know what right and wrong is.

finti
he saw gods bush too?????????

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
he saw gods bush too?????????

angel blink wink

cking
God also appeared in a whirlwind when he challenged job with tough questions concerning everything

debbiejo
Why would God let satan to these terrible things to Job....Job loved God.....he lost everything...his wife, kids, money, everything.....

cking
to test job's faith

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
to test job's faith

Why......he already believed? Besides Satan isn't a real person.....If he was thrown out of heaven.....why does it say he is allowed to go back and talk to god in heaven? That would mean that god can be in the presents of evil....and if he can go back to heaven for chats with god, so can the third of the evil angels...So heaven has a sin room where they visit?

cking
yes, he does but this it would give more glory to god. job said that god can take and give as he pleases. we have all been tested in some ways of another and Abraham is a good example and he had more blessings after than before and the same with job and had twice of everything. sometimes you have to suffer to get the gold.

cking
Satan is real and we are tempted by him all the time. but of course this is your belief.

finti
sounds more like your belief

cking
yep

finti
why do you say your when you should have used mine

cking
I don't know maybe I'm just bored.

Atlantis001
If God is in everything then we always looking at God.

debbiejo
if you looked at god would it kill you?

NO....I wouldn't kill you.......

cking
God is not in everything and if we did we would all die.

debbiejo

How could god not be in everything.....god created it didn't he?

Atlantis001
Why not in everything, thats what christian people say, right? So, is he like an individual, a person that is at some determined place at a given time ?

cking
that is not what we say, god is different from his creation, he even said so.

finti
and you have this on tape?

cking
don't need to it says in the bible.

finti
the bible that tells you to both take an eye for an eye and turn the ohter cheek

cking
in the old it says that and the new about the other cheek.

finti
its between the covers allright, now which is it then

cking
the old testament speaks of if a person does kill another then he must be killed. the other cheek talks about a person not fighting another in the new testament.

finti
ok lets dumb it down a bit further then, so which do you use

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
ok lets dumb it down a bit further then, so which do you use

Simple: use what ever makes you feel better (ha ha).

Imperial_Samura
They spent forty years in a desert because they were to chicken to take over a country, even through god put Egypt to its knees, they made a bunch of excuse that they were too strong and too many despite God destroyed Egypt.

Hmmm. To chicken? To go in, after being slaves for about ever, and wipe out a long established empire. A people without warcraft (damn Scourge). And pretty much kill everyone. I think I can understand how they might have felt a wee bit doubtful. And God didn't destroy Egypt. It was about a long time after the Exodus (if that ever happened.) And as you said "God PUT Egypt to it's knees", so why couldn't God take over the country for them?

cking
Egypt was the most powerful country of its time, before the Jews left them. when the red sea was opened up the Israelites were crossing, ramses was following behind, but when the Israelites crossed over God let the waters go and ramses and his men died. God certainly destroyed them with plagues of some sorts, but when ramses died so did the kingdom and took many years for Egypt to recover from the plagues. yes, they were too chicken except Joshua and Caleb, they were the only faithful ones. so God told them to wander in the desert until the whole generation dies. They sinned because the didn't have enough faith in God to take over the country. God told moses that I held your hand from empty, put plagues on the country and still not have faith in me. So the Israelites rebelled and said, "come, lets go and elect another leader so we can go back to Egypt." So god punished the Israelites when they rebelled even through god took them by the hand away from the slave taskers. they were slaves for 430 years. because of ham's sin and so his descendants suffered for that sin until they reached Canaan

finti
strange thing that Egyptian history says nothing about its army being lost, and if that was so Egypt would have been invaded by its enemies right away which didnt happen........besides the fact that there is no historical evidence of jews in Egyptian captivity nor being enslaved there

cking
you need to ask Egyptian historians about that

finti
where do you think we get the info from, if it was one thing the Egyptians were it was meticulous record keepers

cking
they probably didn't keep those kind of records, probably because it they never wanted their reputation as a country that let their own slaves rebel and go home quietly. their are three kingdoms: old, middle, and new. the middle was the time it happened and Egypt was at it's prime, but when ramses died it slipped and it became the new kingdom. This powerful country but not great.

HairyPooper
Revelation 22

1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Boris
Well... I don't believe that there is a god, so never mind that.

As for Jesus... nothing would happen... since when does looking at a man kill you.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo

Shakyamunison
I look at God all the time.

lothlorien.elf

nope it wouldnt ... because there is no god =)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lothlorien.elf
nope it wouldnt ... because there is no god =)

I thought you had many gods in Wicca. confused

debbiejo
God and Goddess.....

Storm
All gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess, meaning all the various deities boil down to a single being. If one prefers a more individualistic approach, you will want to work with a specific god or goddess.

lothlorien.elf

the god theyre talkin about is god in the bible im thinkin...

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Storm
All gods are one god and all goddesses are one goddess, meaning all the various deities boil down to a single being. If one prefers a more individualistic approach, you will want to work with a specific god or goddess.

True. Polytheism, and Monotheism never were good ways to classify religion. Gods, and Goddesses could be understood as many faces of an single being if you want too.

Mindship
Hasn't yet.

debbiejo
I think they think of separate goddess because of the different attributes they are given, but many just refer to "goddess mother earth."..Father god I think refers to the "Force" of creativeness, the invisible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lothlorien.elf
the god theyre talkin about is god in the bible im thinkin...
I see what you mean. I use god to referee to the Christian god and God to referee to the all of the universe + God.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by debbiejo
Why......he already believed? Besides Satan isn't a real person.....If he was thrown out of heaven.....why does it say he is allowed to go back and talk to god in heaven? That would mean that god can be in the presents of evil....and if he can go back to heaven for chats with god, so can the third of the evil angels...So heaven has a sin room where they visit?

The text never said Satan was thrown out of heaven he was an angel that did Gods biding and test people's "Fear of God".

debbiejo
Your correct, it doesn't say satan, it says chief angel. Though many assume it was satan meaning accuser, and put it with the verse
The devil has sinned from the beginning." (1 John 3:8). ...And also the Prince of Tyre thing, he being adorned and beautiful.....But you're correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.