Help! Which game should I get?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RE401
Help! I only have $60 and I can get only one game. Jade Empire, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Psychonauts, Doom 3, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Please help.

When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spine, and toss 'em away, laughin'!
Sgt. Johnson (Halo:Combat Evolved)

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by RE401
Help! I only have $60 and I can get only one game. Jade Empire, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Psychonauts, Doom 3, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Please help.

When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spine, and toss 'em away, laughin'!
Sgt. Johnson (Halo:Combat Evolved)

Having played all of those games i can tell you with confidence that Escape from butchar bay or jade empire are your best bets here. Metroid prime may be a possibility aswell, but i am biased when it comes to metroid because i loath those games, but i acknowledge that they are very sound games. Doom3 is a rent. The graphics are pretty and all, but it is just your typical FPS, i had more fun with area 51. Conker is fun, but if you have played it for the 64, there is no reason to shell out 60 dolars for it, and more intense and original gameplay lie in jade empire and riddick. Psychonauts is cute and all, but wait a few weeks untill the price drops a bit, trust me, if you have played platformer games, you have played this game before. Brothers in arms is a very fine war game, but nothing special aside from the characters

Riddick is a solid game through and through. the controls feel perfect , and there is alot of diversity in the gameplay. The graphics are some of the best you will find on any console, and the writing and voice over work is just as good. There is some strategy involved, so if your looking for a straight forward shooter go with doom3.

Jade empire is an excelent story with plenty of character customization including choosing being evil or good. the gameplay is limited to a hand full of fighting techniques, but i never got board with them, seeing how you upgrade frequently. You can weild weapons or transform into beasts. The story is well written. A fairly original game concept. As far as gameplay goes. I know you can buy riddick for twenty dollars used though, so if you go for riddick you could get another game aswell. Hope this helped some.

shadow12
depends on what kind of game you like

Morning_Glory
shrug

RE401
Thanks for the reply ragesRemorse, it helped a lot. The problem though is that I like pretty much all genres. I hope that I could find a copy of Butcher Bay that's around $20-30, so I could get two of those games I wanted. Thanks for the replies.

powerfulone1987
You wouldn't be able to get another one of the games you wanted because they are fairly new and cause more than 20 or 30 dollars, you may be able to get Metroid for thirty, but I doubt it, but anyway.

I would recommend Psychonauts.
It's a new game in it's own right, some may call it innovative.
It got so much acclaim that it went from the Xbox, which is was suppose to be limited to only, to the PS2.
It's real fun and different.

hotsauce6548
I would say Jade Empire.

infern07
ya Jade Empirezorro

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
You wouldn't be able to get another one of the games you wanted because they are fairly new and cause more than 20 or 30 dollars, you may be able to get Metroid for thirty, but I doubt it, but anyway.

I would recommend Psychonauts.
It's a new game in it's own right, some may call it innovative.

Psychonauts was a fun game, but i dont think anyone would hang their balls on the line and say it was onnovative. I htink every one has slid on rails before. The only innovation may be the use of telepathy in a platformer game. Also Brothers in arms is 29.99. That game is pretty old now.

DarkCanadian
Doom III or Psychonauts.

Royal Knight
Best bet would have to be Doom 3 or Jade Empire

ragesRemorse
I would take psychonauts over doom 3. Doom 3 is nothing but graphics.

Julie
KOTOR II:-) okay okay I really don't know much about the others

jacobo0o
doom 3 or jade empire
jade empire is one of the best games for x box
i beated it 3 times because its so good
doom 3 would be awesome if u have the home theater setup and all
that it feels soo dang real

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Having played them all, Riddick and Jade Empire stand out from the rest.
Riddick has the graphics of Doom 3 with twice the innovation and interaction. Jade Empire has longevity, a good plot and I found that it didn't get old (unlike KOTORII). Think of the brilliant KOTOR but in an ancient Asian setting and with simple, but effective, realtime combat

Machete_Guy
I havnt played bairly any of them, but it sounds like Jade empire is the way to go.

RoyMC
jade empire its cool

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Psychonauts was a fun game, but i dont think anyone would hang their balls on the line and say it was onnovative. I htink every one has slid on rails before. The only innovation may be the use of telepathy in a platformer game. Also Brothers in arms is 29.99. That game is pretty old now.

You can't tell me that defeating Lungfish, only to find that entering its mind was the going to be the next level in the game and had its own boss in Kochamara, wasn't innovative.

DarkCanadian
Jade Empire is cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.