Should Dragon Ball GT be taken as true Dragon Ball canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ganon
Well what do you think? I say no. Why?

1. It wasn't made by the creator of the Dragon Ball series.
2. It was never made into Manga form.
3. It sucks.

dawsey28
Yes, it is set 5 years after the end of Dragon Ball Z. Therefor it is a continuation of that.

Lord Ganon
Yeah, but it wasn't the original creator's vision of Dragon Ball. And he did not make it.

dawsey28
That may be true, but that does not mean that it shouldn't be used as cannon.

How many comicbooks have changed writers? Should they not be used for cannon after they get a new writer?

It is not like they were SvsFL or something.

Lord Ganon
I don't know about you, but I won't accept it as the true canon of Dragon Ball.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by dawsey28
That may be true, but that does not mean that it shouldn't be used as cannon.

How many comicbooks have changed writers? Should they not be used for cannon after they get a new writer?

It is not like they were SvsFL or something.

Thats for open ended comic books which are made with the intention of running forever.Anime/Manga works rather differently.

Anyways

1 Not made by AT.Just like the movies that dont fit in the timeline or the plothole inducing TOEI made filler scenes GT is NOT canon
2 GT doesnt make any sense as a continuation of the series.Too many inconsistancies in the story that seperate it from the DBZ universe ranging from Gohan somehow being weak to a bunch of Dragon ball Kami created which aresomehow still around despite him giving up his position to Villians "Stronger than Majin Buu" that cant blow up a planet
3 Ever see any of the Tenchi series?Yeah its all seperate universes despite having the same characters.DB:GT is the same situation

Lord Ganon
Yep, I forgot about the movies. They are not canon either.

dawsey28
Plotholes and inconsistencies happen in comics also. The movies I'll agree are not Cannon, but GT I say still is. It is the same universe set 5 years later. Not saying there were not plot holes but it was continued from Z. If it is not the same universe, then why do they make refrences from DB and DBZ during GT?

I can't stand Tenchi, so I have no clue what you are talking about.

So let me get this straight: Comics and Anime work differently when it comes to cannon?

You know what? Whatever. You guys win. I don't really care anymore.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by dawsey28
Plotholes and inconsistencies happen in comics also. The movies I'll agree are not Cannon, but GT I say still is. It is the same universe set 5 years later. Not saying there were not plot holes but it was continued from Z. If it is not the same universe, then why do they make refrences from DB and DBZ during GT?

I can't stand Tenchi, so I have no clue what you are talking about.

So let me get this straight: Comics and Anime work differently when it comes to cannon?

You know what? Whatever. You guys win. I don't really care anymore.

Tenchi has multiple different series all with a different backstory even though its about the same situation.Tenchi in Tokyo even starts out in a way you culd belive its a continuation of the OVA but later it obviously isnt

DB:GT has references to the history of DBZ but again its not the same Universe its actually TOEIs own version.In Hell villians get killed only to reappear nm the fact that Hell and the villians in it are TOEI created filler who never appear in the manga but it was already established in the Buu saga dead people dying disappear forever,One of those villians is COOLER somebody NEVER IN DBZ canon manga yet is in this TOEI made show

They also make reference to villians being "Stronger than Majin buu" who cant blow up a planet Gohan goes from having his ultimate potential fully unleased and overiding SSJ to a weak SSJ1 only and Cell and Frieza seemed totally focus on goku for some reason.

Most likely in the GT backstory keeping consistant with GTs story its likely Goku beat EVERYONE of these villians too weak to destroy a planet while Gohan has no special potential at all.This lays out nicely with the events that happen in GT and everything seems to line up

dawsey28
Like I said in the last post:

You win.

I admit it is not canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.