Why is the name of the team named XMen? Whats the X?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Just wondering.. stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
It probably comes from Xavier.

That narcissistic bastard...

LeAtHerRFace
lol.. so Xavier's Men sounds interesting

Marvelgeek
Originally it was cus of their x-tra power in combination with xaviers name. (stan lee wanted to name it "the mutants" but editors wanted to call it x-men since noone would know what a mutant was, but x-men I suppose everyone knows stick out tongue We should be happy about that though) Later it's also been said that the gene that causes mutantcy is called the x-factor.

Emtrexx
Stan Lee himself said that X stands for Xavier (in a "Soapbox"wink. So X-Men is actually Xavier's Men. But I think they came up with it later and they had absolutely no idea about what it meant in the first place.
Stan Lee wanted the "Mutants" to be the title of the book, but he was vetoed, and then he said X-Men.

EDIT: arggh..... Marvelgeek! smile

reaper724
who doesn't know what the X in Xmen stands for??????

BENITO
X stands for mutated genes or X-genes
ok.

AnimeComicGirl
why didnt they call it the X Girls

DarkCrawler
Because when the first team was made, there were 5 men and one woman...roll eyes (sarcastic)

BENITO
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Because when the first team was made, there were 5 men and one woman...roll eyes (sarcastic) DAMMIT I WAS GONNA SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by BENITO
DAMMIT I WAS GONNA SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!

Fast live, slow die... wink

hotsauce6548
Actually, in the X-Men Encyclopedia I have, it is because the mutants have 'extra' power, and that is where the X came from.

JoeyLewis
I always thought it stood for Spandex.

Blair Wind
I always thought that it stood for the fact that they were no longer "men" sorta like ex-girlfriend or something like that

LeAtHerRFace
lol

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I always thought that it stood for the fact that they were no longer "men" sorta like ex-girlfriend or something like that

Hey, I never thought about that, but it does make sense! eek!

BENITO
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I always thought that it stood for the fact that they were no longer "men" sorta like ex-girlfriend or something like that you mean when you join the team you loose your clackers

Cyclops is supposed to have children.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.