Sound issue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
There's something off with my PC's sound.

I was playing Battlefield: Vietnam, and throughout the start up showing the logos, the opening FMV sequence, the title menu and the load screen it kept...juttering for lack of a better word. For example: "EA Games, Challenge Ever.....hing" Yet in the actual game, the music's fine. Even the same tracks from the load screens. Then whenever I go the the menu it's juttery again. I temporary fixed it by turning the menu sounds off - OK, so it was more of a temp solution that a fix...

Then today I went of Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silver Earring. It was fine, until it got to an FMV sequence where the same juttering happened. Through the actual game, where there's talking and background music constantly on it's fine. And listening to CD's etc. seems to be fine too. Any suggestions?

Wickerman
Sounds to me like your soundcard is either being screwy or it's simply not performant enough. What're you running on?

~wickerman~

SpikeSpiegel
Soundcard is a Soundblaster Audigy 2.

JKozzy
Sounds to me like a video/audio codec went bad, or something of the sort. Do DVDs mess up, if your computer can play them? I'd suggest finding one of those all-in-one codec packs and reinstalling a few at a time, until you find the right one. Most likely it's some sort of AVI codec, but it could be MPG1 or MPG2. Try opening the video file, if it's available, inside a media player outside the game, if possible, to see if the skipping still occurs, too.

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah I'll check that out with the DVD. That could be what it is. Where would I find an All-in-one Codec?

Cheers for the help

SpikeSpiegel
OK. I've used a program called sherlock, and it says that two of my codecs are broken -

VP60 simple
VP61 advanced

Now I just need to find somewhere to get them to reinstall them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.