the most powerful x-WOMAN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
so, out of all the x-woman that are alive, who do you think is the most powerful. imo it's between storm and polaris

xmarksthespot
Does Emma fit in somewhere here?

stormfront13
well yeah, she is an x-woman

Icemancm
Sorry, I'll have to go with Jean Grey when she's afflicted with the Phoenix.... wink

willRules
Originally posted by Icemancm
Sorry, I'll have to go with Jean Grey when she's afflicted with the Phoenix.... wink

I would agree. If Jean is dead (like she is every other month) Then i would say Emma Frost.

stormfront13
i said out of the woman that are alive

blaise
lol emma frost technically isn't alive when i see her in her diamond form...or is it that she doesn't look alive....hahha i forget

but i think storm or rouge....rouge casue she can absorb anyones powers....

she can absorb the most powerfull person to become powerful ...

stormfront13
yeah, rogue is oretty high up there

FieryBalrog
Its almost certainly Storm.

Maybe Polaris.

Emma- what has she done that is so powerful?
Rogue- she has to contact skin to absorb, half the powerful women will fry her before she can do that.

Cosmic Flame
I go with Rachel. She's a bit, er, "off" now, but when she's on, I don't think there's anyone that can really touch her. Think about it: she has unlimited TP and TK like Jean. Crazy stuff has to happen to her, or else they couldn't use her in the X-books.

stormfront13
well considering emma easily beat her, and storm almost beat her when she wasn't even trying i'd say that she isn't. the old rachel might be, but she is now not the same. not i'd say it's probably between psylock, polaris and storm.

Cosmic Flame
Like I've said before, Claremont obviously has plans for Rachel. There's way too much craziness going on with her for this to be her character permanently. And one can never go by who's beaten whom before. That only matters to a particular story. Galactus is pretty close to the top of the food chain, and he's gotten his ass handed to him several times. That's irrelevant anyway. You asked who is most powerful, not who always comes out on top. Not too long before that, Rachel created a localized black hole and closed it. Rachel can deconstruct any of the other women with but a thought. No one else comes close to that level of power. Regardless of battles, Rachel has the most power.

stormfront13
no, rachel didn't create the black hole, storm, rachel, wolverine, sage, and boshop created it. they all created it together, rachel couldn't have on her own. at her power-level now there are others that are more powerful

AnimeComicGirl
jeans dead ?

Cosmic Flame
Yes, Jean is dead. Well, kinda.

Rachel did create it on her own. The other's helped her maintain control, but it was her power that created it. None of the others had power to create it, but they did have power to help her control and maintain it.

At her power level now? What is her power level now? Her current power is TK on a subatomic level, subconsciously at that. Even when she lost to Emma, she says that her power is off the charts. Let's also not forget that only omega TPs are able to access the Phoenix, which Rachel has. Her power really has no limit. You're referring to her state of mind, not her power. The amount and strength of her power isn't in doubt now. Her mental faculty is.

There are maybe 7-10 mutants (at most) whose power rivals Rachel's: one is her mother, two are her brothers, one is her future husband, and one is her future son.

xmarksthespot
Which are the official Omegas?
Has Rachel been named as one?
Quentin Quire
Bobby Drake

FieryBalrog
Rachels power levels are currently going up & down so its a bad time to be rating her... its almost certainly the set up for one of Claremonts fabled long-simmering subplots.

So Rachel is really a contender, but in her condition now... who knows...

Cosmic Flame
I don't know that it's so much fluctuation as much as it is application and use, Fiery. Take Betsy: she could punch a hole through a brick wall, but couldn't pick up a dime on the same page. That's not a fluctation of power. And Marvel's stated that Rachel has the same power levels as Jean sans Phoenix, which means that she is an omega TP/TK.

The only ones officially listed are:

Phoenix
Iceman
Kid Omega
Elixir

I'm sure all of Jean's children are as well.

pr1983
i'd say storm has a broad spectrum of powers that makes her the most powerful (not including jean), though that doesnt neccessarily mean she couldnt have her ass handed to her by some of the others...

rachel still has ways to go...

emma imo is the most dangerous of the x-women atm...

DarkCrawler
Phoenix
Iceman
Kid Omega
Elixir

And Storm.

Storm is most powerful IMO.

blaise
though if u know storm has alot of mental issues llike her minds too week....she can getttt confused quite easely.....
for instence she don't like closed places

a psykic can jus make her think she was in a box closeing on her and there done shes powerless

for the strongest ... we have to think someone whose strong power, strength...skilll...and Mentality

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by blaise
though if u know storm has alot of mental issues llike her minds too week....she can getttt confused quite easely.....
for instence she don't like closed places

a psykic can jus make her think she was in a box closeing on her and there done shes powerless

for the strongest ... we have to think someone whose strong power, strength...skilll...and Mentality

Storm's...mind...weak?

eek! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Do you know who Storm is?

She may have claustrophobia, but her mind is so strong that she can stop the likes of Xavier and Frost to get in her mind.

pr1983
mentally i'd say emma... her resolve is something special...

power... storm imo...

strength... mentally... emma... phsycially... i dunno...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Storm's...mind...weak?

eek! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Do you know who Storm is?

She may have claustrophobia, but her mind is so strong that she can stop the likes of Xavier and Frost to get in her mind.

yes

She's one of the strongest willed characters imo.

blaise
is shee i thought it was woverine ...who had the strongest will

xmarksthespot
One of the strongest wills... there's not really a scale to measure by laughing out loud

Nowadays her abilities grant her some immunity to telepathic assaults. Back in the day however she used to resist the likes of Shadow King, Emma (and although I don't recall any actual incident probably Charles too) through sheer force of will.

The four most powerful would probably be not in any particular order:
Storm (IMO most powerful)
Emma Frost
Polaris
Rachel Summers.

LeDiableBlanc90
Potentially? Rogue. No contest.

Mainstream
I'd go with Rogue or Rachael Summers.

xmarksthespot
Oh, I forgot about Rogue she's amongst them too. I think Rachel's been depowered a bit but iunno.

Mainstream
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Oh, I forgot about Rogue. I think Rachel's been depowered a bit but iunno.

depowered......me sad now.

stormfront13
yeah blaise, storms mind is like a vault. and if a pshycic makes her think she is trapped in a box, then we will get the insane version of storm that was warping weathger patterns all over the world and reminded the x-men of dark phoenix. idk, once rogue absorbs more powers then she may be up there, but at her power levels now i don't see her that much, but she does have great potential.

i think storm is the most powerful, followed by polaris, emma frost, and rachel

blaise
thats true...damnnn and what a unique power of hers...i havent' see anyone who else who can control the weather

stormfront13
well except thor, and occasionally meggan and crystal i don't think any one else can do it. yeah, but i think she is hte master of the weather, she is like the weather in a human body.

xmarksthespot
It probably has no bearing on the present due to changes in power level but Storm took down Polaris without much fuss way back in Uncanny if I remember right.

stormfront13
yeah she did, when storm had just joined the x-men storm easily overcame polaris with electricity.

pr1983
that was a long time ago...

remember her ill-fated wedding to havok? she had no problem taking down the xmen...

blaise
whats polaris's power?

pr1983
whats polaris's power?

she's pretty much a weaker version of magneto...

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983
she's pretty much a weaker version of magneto...

but she looks better in a two piece though

blaise
lol

Mainstream
lol

funny and true chairfall

kayakat
i think the most powerfull x-woman would have to be storm, I mean comme one she can controle the weather!!! and she used to be worshiped as a godess, i think that says enough! however psylock rules! she is my favo x-woman
greetz

FieryBalrog
ok so I"m thinking Storm, Polaris and Rachel... out of people alive right now...

xmarksthespot
Those are the three with (given enough time) planet destroying potential.

pr1983
but what about right now?

anything can happen in the future...

xmarksthespot
Oh... I meant if you give them enough time they could literally destroy the planet with their abilities as opposed to Emma and Rogue who in the same amount of time would probably only be able to wipe out a city or country.

pr1983
Oh... I meant if you give them enough time they could literally destroy the planet with their abilities as opposed to Emma and Rogue who in the same amount of time would probably only be able to wipe out a city or country.

I know... stick out tongue

what i mean as... at this very moment... who's the best?

xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure Polaris still can only affect things within her vicinity, whereas Storm's abilities can have more far reaching effects. And since Rachel hasn't been showing her Galactus whomping strength levels recently I'd have to go with Storm I think.

pr1983
Yet in a fight i say emma can whupp any of em....

xmarksthespot
Diamond Emma or regular Emma?

FieryBalrog
Yet in a fight i say emma can whupp any of em....

Storm smacked Emma around in their most recent fight so I say its no contest there... regular Rachel could eat up Emma... and Polaris knocked out the entire wedding contingent, it almost surely included Emma.

So no, I dont think so stick out tongue

Emma hasn't done much since joining the X-men.

pr1983
Diamond Emma or regular Emma?

At her discretion...

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Storm smacked Emma around in their most recent fight so I say its no contest there... regular Rachel could eat up Emma... and Polaris knocked out the entire wedding contingent, it almost surely included Emma.

So no, I dont think so stick out tongue

Emma hasn't done much since joining the X-men.

Storm bluffed, and was lucky enough to be in physical contact with emma the other time...

emma b!tchslapped rachel in a TP fight... and she didnt even seem to be trying...

Polaris i dunno, but i say emma's mental abilities can do the job...

xmarksthespot
Storm's bested Emma more times than I can remember stick out tongue

pr1983
Storm's bested Emma more times than I can remember stick out tongue

Was Emma truly trying?

I remember she put down storm in her first appearence against the x-men...

stormfront13
i don't actually know how many times storm has beaten emma, but even storm can control pshycic abilities that are on emma's level, so i'd say that is still pretty impressive. but yeah, storm does have a wider affectiving area that polaris i think. storm can almost reach outer space with her control area

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
but even storm can control pshycic abilities that are on emma's level,

huh

stormfront13
that necessarily shouldn't count seeing as that was the first time storm ever had to really defend against a telepath, and she didn't have the expierence or control she has over her powers she does now. well actually it should be counted, but it would be like me saying that storm could beat polaris at any time or place because in their first fight storm won easily, but a lot has happened since then and even though the outcome would be the same, they both are very different than they were a long time ago

stormfront13
when emma switched their powers, storm still won and was using emma's pshycic talents

pr1983
that necessarily shouldn't count seeing as that was the first time storm ever had to really defend against a telepath, and she didn't have the expierence or control she has over her powers she does now. well actually it should be counted, but it would be like me saying that storm could beat polaris at any time or place because in their first fight storm won easily, but a lot has happened since then and even though the outcome would be the same, they both are very different than they were a long time ago

every encounter counts unless PIS or CIS are in effect...

i doubt nowadays many non telepaths (including storm) could resist emma...

pr1983
when emma switched their powers, storm still won and was using emma's pshycic talents

and? it happened once...

xmarksthespot
I remember there was something about Storm having intrinsic electrical interference impeding psychic communication in Xtreme and probably therefore any psychic assault.

FieryBalrog
Emmas been powered down and Storm has been powered up since the White Queen days... and Storm easily beat Emma in their most recent fight... so thats what counts... you cant just say "Emma wasnt really trying" in every fight where she loses.

For that matter, Rachel lost a lot of power recently, I mean Viper beat her up so Emma's doing so wasnt a really big deal. wink

FieryBalrog

Polaris i dunno, but i say emma's mental abilities can do the job...

Polaris reverses the blood flow in Emmas brain and she gets knocked out... voila. big grin

At least, Polaris has been shown with that capability.

pr1983
I remember there was something about Storm having intrinsic electrical interference impeding psychic communication in Xtreme and probably therefore any psychic assault.

to a certain extent... not invulnerability...

Emmas been powered down and Storm has been powered up since the White Queen days... and Storm easily beat Emma in their most recent fight... so thats what counts... you cant just say "Emma wasnt really trying" in every fight where she loses.

For that matter, Rachel lost a lot of power recently, I mean Viper beat her up so Emma's doing so wasnt a really big deal. wink

im not... but you just made my point for me... storm was powered up while emma was powered down... so both characters at standard levels should be comparable...

and i still think emma will take storm if she really had to... she just gives me that impression...

pr1983
Polaris reverses the blood flow in Emmas brain and she gets knocked out... voila. big grin

At least, Polaris has been shown with that capability.

thats as possible as emma bombarding her mind with imagery that'll f*ck with her...

either one could do it imo...

xmarksthespot
Storm has resisted Shadow King through sheer force of will if I recall correctly. She could do it long enough to fry Emma.

pr1983
Storm has resisted Shadow King through sheer force of will if I recall correctly. She could do it long enough to fry Emma.

storm has also created EMP's...

seems like PIS to me...

FieryBalrog
to a certain extent... not invulnerability...

im not... but you just made my point for me... storm was powered up while emma was powered down... so both characters at standard levels should be comparable...

and i still think emma will take storm if she really had to... she just gives me that impression...

but characters dont fight at standard levels they fight now.... I mean their powers change over time... right? So you cant say oh, Emma would beat her if she was at her "classic" power level when things have changed. Emma in those days didnt have her diamond skin either...

just as scarlet witch used to be really weak when she first appeared... but now things have changed, and when she fights its not like shes fighting at her weak really old power levels.

Same with I dunno, Superman.

xmarksthespot
storm has also created EMP's...

seems like PIS to me...

You don't need to be a telepath to try and resist them. She did it quite a few times I think and strength of will has always been one of Storm's characteristics so its not PIS stick out tongue

pr1983
but characters dont fight at standard levels they fight now.... I mean their powers change over time... right? So you cant say oh, Emma would beat her if she was at her "classic" power level when things have changed. Emma in those days didnt have her diamond skin either...

just as scarlet witch used to be really weak when she first appeared... but now things have changed, and when she fights its not like shes fighting at her weak really old power levels.

Same with I dunno, Superman.

ok, i so meant it in a different way...

we all read comics right? we see our favourite characters do things that they should be able to do right?

so what happens when you pick up a comic and see a character do something they shouldnt be able to? something that should be beyond them yet a writer decides that he either loves this character too much, or doesnt care enough to try and be consistent...

of course i accept that storm has been powered up and emma powered down...

if marvel publishes a no holds barred fight between the two and storm wins, so be it...

yet if she pulls of an EMP how am i suposed to react? to blindly accept it?

You don't need to be a telepath to try and resist them. She did it quite a few times I think and strength of will has always been one of Storm's characteristics so its not PIS stick out tongue

But only to an extent... i mean, the shadow king? the guy who matched and almost defeated xavier? come on... seriously...

Cosmic Flame
My money's still on Rachel. I don't see her having less power than before. She's not struggling to do anything. Take a closer look at the Savage Land bit recently. Rachel wasn't even concerned with Storm's mind, per se. She was affecting her powers. She made Storm use them, AND she amplified them. This is while Storm is resisting her. Storm couldn't control the weather on her own anymore. Rachel had to merge with her to calm the storm. So all those global storms weren't solely Ororo's work.

And while others have been stated as having near limitless power, Rachel's power IS limitless. Phoenix activated a stargate, pulled a meteor from orbit AND fixed the M'Kraan Crystal, and then looses to Mags. The power was still there, but she didn't have access to it. Perhaps that's what is happening with Marvel Girl now.

BTW, why do people always refer to TPs by their given names, even though they have code names?

xmarksthespot
Emma has no code name now.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

BTW, why do people always refer to TPs by their given names, even though they have code names?

only certain ones, like Jean, Rachel and Emma who dont have codenames or have multiple codenames and multiple identities. Its probably just a coincidence that the 3 X-men with prominent multiple identities and costumes are TPs....

Like Psylocke, no one calls her Betsy, same with Shadow King or Sage or other TPs.

Cosmic Flame
TP resistance doesn't equal TP immunity. Emma (or Rachel) can turn Storm's brain into mush. People confuse problems probing minds with minimal invasion and damage as absolute telepathic immunity. It's not. For that matter, a TP can also cause someone to use their power at will, or not to be able to use it at all. TPs have restricted people's access to their mutant powers before.

Cosmic Flame
I call her Betsy shifty Am I the only one?

Rachel does have a code name, though.

eternitygoddess
If Jean was alive, she'd definitely be the most powerful X-Woman. None of the others come close to matching her.

Right now I'd have to say Storm probably takes the lead. Rachel SHOULD be the strongest in theory but the writers are making her seem awfully weak.

And the only reason why Emma defeated Rachel was because she had more experience and skill. Rachel has way more power than her, she just needs to hone them.

stormfront13
yeah, imo storm takes the lean. as far as i know she is the only omega out of the x-women besids jean, but if jean was ten rachel should also be

eternitygoddess
Storm isn't omega, she's probably alpha. What makes you say she's omega?

pr1983
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
Storm isn't omega, she's probably alpha. What makes you say she's omega?

oh, hell...

stormfront13
because i have seen a picture of xavier telling her she was. i have been looking for it for months and i can't find it, so i am starting to think it might have been a manipulation, but it looked very, very, very real. also i am not the only one that thinks she is an omega, many people do

pr1983
and many don't...

stormfront13
but then again, people are entitled to their opinion. i saw charles tell her she was, and the writers had always planned storm to be one of the most powerful, even though you don't have to be powerful to be anm omega

pr1983
but then again, people are entitled to their opinion. i saw charles tell her she was, and the writers had always planned storm to be one of the most powerful, even though you don't have to be powerful to be anm omega

do you have any idea what comic it was?

stormfront13
no, i just saw the picture, but now i have been looking for months so i could use it as proof, but i can't find it. it really makes me mad lol. idk, maybe it was a manipulation because i have looked everywhere and i can't find it. i doubt it was a manipulation though because it was really good, and i don't think you could do that good on a manipulation, i mean it really looked like it was from a comic. but honestly i am not lying about it

Cosmic Flame
You can be powerful and not be an omega, and be so-so powerwise and be an omega. Xavier vs Elixir. I don't have a problem with Storm being uber powerful, but her being an omega? Phoenix, Iceman, Kid Omega and Elixir are all confirmed omegas. The rest of the Summers children are omegas in all but name. I'm just suspect about Storm...

xmarksthespot
I don't think you'd call Storm an Omega now, but her and Polaris (and others you'd never even think of like.... that's right... Jubilee laughing out loud ) have abilities with the scope to allow evolution into Omega mutants as opposed to those like Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyke etc. The only thing that's stopping me from saying that Rachel Summers is the most powerful is her current erratic power levels.

Cosmic Flame
How will they "evolve" into omegas if they aren't omegas? I'm not sure I follow you...

And what's erratic about Rachel's power levels?

stormfront13
i don't think you can really evolve into omega, you are just born as one, as storm is one.

xmarksthespot
Well Iceman wasn't an Omega till the writers decided to make him one stick out tongue

stormfront13
that is why i don't agree with him being one, it has been stated that you are born an omega, the only reason iceman is is because he went through a secondary mutation, and it doesn't follow their rules

Cosmic Flame
He isn't an omega because of his secondary mutation. The potential has always been there. It's something that was never explored until Emma showed him what he could do. What rules does it not follow?

eternitygoddess
Omega doesn't necessarily mean you're the strongest. Alphas can take out Omegas such as Elixir.

Unless I see evidence that Storm is an omega, I'll stick to my belief that she is a powerful Alpha.

xmarksthespot
lol. This thread is really supposed to be about whose the most powerful X-Woman. There's a whole other thread about which mutants are Omega's. Regardless of whether she's an Omega or not Storm, is one of the most and possibly the most powerful X-Woman. big grin

Cosmic Flame
No doubt she's in the top five women (top 3 alive), and top 10 mutants in general.

stormfront13
He isn't an omega because of his secondary mutation. The potential has always been there. It's something that was never explored until Emma showed him what he could do. What rules does it not follow?

^^yes, the writers have said he became an omega level once he had gotten his sm. the potential may have been there, but not omega-level potential according to the writers. the rule that it doesn't follow is that a mutant is born an omega, not through sm's. if you are an omega, you are born an omega, not gaining it through secondary mutations.

dude_69
http://www.mutanthigh.com/domino.html she is pretty powerful

stormfront13
yeah she is powerful, but is still no match for storm

dude_69
http://www.mutanthigh.com/nina.html or her

DarkCrawler
She is not member of X-Men.

Or an mutant.

Cosmic Flame
It was stated in X-Men: Forever, the book that officially coined the term "omega," that Xavier had always known that Jean and Bobby were omegas. That was before he remained ice all the time. It had nothing to do with his secondary mutation

stormfront13
yet the writers say that bobby was classified through his secpndary mutation, maybe xavier knew bobby would have a secondary mutation which would bring him to omega level

pr1983
yet the writers say that bobby was classified through his secpndary mutation, maybe xavier knew bobby would have a secondary mutation which would bring him to omega level

bobby's seems like a more natural progression though...

stormfront13
yeah, i didn't know it was a secondary mutation till it was classified he had one

Cosmic Flame
When was it said that he was an omega due to his secondary mutation?

stormfront13
according to one of the nwriters for iceman he became omega through his secondary mutation. with the power-level he had w/out his sm he wasn't an omega. that ios why i don't consider him an omega because when the term omega came out it was said that you were born an omega, not through sm's or anything like that. i got the interview from comic book resources i think.

Cosmic Flame
Well according to the primary source material for the term omega he always was one. I'd like to check out that interview...The House of Ideas doesn't have very good communication among their writers anyway...

stormfront13
and maybe it was planned from the beginning that he would have a sm, but it doesn't follow the rule. to me he is a fake omega

pr1983
i think he is, they just hadnt classified them properly...

then they woke up one day and said "oh shit, iceman should be omega"...

nothing fake about that...

stormfront13
is that sarcasm?

pr1983
is that sarcasm?

No, thats what i genuinely think...

x-men writers couldnt give a flying f*ck about continuity...

stormfront13
yeah, i agree with you there. they say

YOU ARE BORN AN OMEGA, YOU CANNOT BECOME OMEGA THROUGH ANY OUTSIDE FORCE, NO SM'S, SO MACHINERY.

then they say

ICEMAN IS OMEGA THROUGH HIS SECONDARY MUTATION, HIS POWER LEVEL W/OUT HIS SM WAS NOT OMEGA LEVEL. THROUGH HIS SM, HE BROKE THE BARRIER.

he doesn't follow the rule, and i consider him a fake omega. people like jean, quinton, elixir and storm are all omega's without sm's

pr1983

ICEMAN IS OMEGA THROUGH HIS SECONDARY MUTATION, HIS POWER LEVEL W/OUT HIS SM WAS NOT OMEGA LEVEL. THROUGH HIS SM, HE BROKE THE BARRIER.

he doesn't follow the rule, and i consider him a fake omega. people like jean, quinton, elixir and storm are all omega's without sm's

did they actually say that?

and we still have no proof storm is...

stormfront13
yeah, that was basically it if i remember it correctly. let me try to find the link. and i have seen supposed proof storm is omega

Cosmic Flame
It was Emma that showed Iceman that he'd been holding back. I ascribe that to Xavier's teaching. He never pushes his really powerful student. I suppose he wants them to grow into their power, but he never encourages them to press the boundaries. They have to do that on their own. And using Jean as an example of what happens when you come into your power too soon, who's going to push the envelope then? First it was Jean, now it's Wanda. It makes sense that characters have to grow into who they are. They are mutants, so their powers will increase as they do. There's nothing wrong with that. As we get older, we get stronger. It's perfectly logical.

Anyway, he had mad power before this "secondary mutation". What is his secondary mutation anyway? To permanently be covered by ice?

pr1983
yeah, that was basically it if i remember it correctly. let me try to find the link. and i have seen supposed proof storm is omega

k...

yeah, but she hasnt given any indication other than that pic u saw has she?

Anyway, he had mad power before this "secondary mutation". What is his secondary mutation anyway? To permanently be covered by ice?

i believe so...

stormfront13
yeah, she was always suspected as being omega and having great potential. i don't know what ice's sm is, but that is the reason he is an omega. he did have power before the sm, but apparently not enough

Cosmic Flame
She's bound by her body and the atmosphere, so there is a limit to what she can do. This last Savage Land bit is a prime example that she still has some very defined limits.

pr1983
yeah, she was always suspected as being omega and having great potential. i don't know what ice's sm is, but that is the reason he is an omega. he did have power before the sm, but apparently not enough

says you... stick out tongue

She's bound by her body and the atmosphere, so there is a limit to what she can do. This last Savage Land bit is a prime example that she still has some very defined limits.

touche as they say...

stormfront13
what happened in the savage land? she doesn't have very defined limits and she can access space through her powers. according to the same interview that had iceman in it she can potentially control every aspect of the weather, every aspect of the ecosystem and every aspect of the atmosphere

Cosmic Flame
I don't see how his secondary mutation made him an omega. Can someone enlighten me

stormfront13
i don't think anyone can, that's why the writers really need to clarify things

pr1983
what happened in the savage land? she doesn't have very defined limits and she can access space through her powers. according to the same interview that had iceman in it she can potentially control every aspect of the weather, every aspect of the ecosystem and every aspect of the atmosphere

ok... huh

I don't see how his secondary mutation made him an omega. Can someone enlighten me

his body changed... thats all i think...

stormfront13
hey, i didn't decide it, the writers and creators did

Cosmic Flame
That's just it. She's bound by the atmosphere. Think back to the Dark Phoenix Saga. Storm says:

"The limited environment within this crater will make it hard for me to effectively use my elemental pwers. I won't have sufficient atmospeheric tools to work with."

In the Savage Land, the storms that she created with Rachel amping her powers had to be stopped by both her and Rachel. Her powers have marked limits to them.

Cosmic Flame
Oh yeah...Rachel's still the most powerful big grin

stormfront13
no, storm can control the elements of the cosmic storm, so storm saying that was stupid. she controlled the elements of the cosmic storm to destroy a sentinal in well....i don't know the issue number but it was around x-men # 100. i read it in the essential x-men, the black and white ones. in the savage land, rachel created the storm through storms powers. storms powers were being augmented, so naturally she couldn't stop the storm, because she didn't create it and it was her power being magnified. then there was also that time storm went insane and was warping the weather patterns all over the world with ease. she was like the dark phoenix but with weather powers. she hasn't yet reached her full potnetial.

stormfront13
yeah, storm is the most powerful.

pr1983
hey, i didn't decide it, the writers and creators did

no they didnt...

let me ask you sf... do you know anyone else who can corroborate your story about the pic being genuine?

and bobby's powers didnt change, his body did... which allowed him to use his powers on himself more effectively... nothing more...

stormfront13
no they didnt...

^^ how would you know, you didn't create storm and that were her plans for them

let me ask you sf... do you know anyone else who can corroborate your story about the pic being genuine?

^at this point not that i know of

and bobby's powers didnt change, his body did... which allowed him to use his powers on himself more effectively... nothing more...

^^that is a secondary mutation, his body changed to ice allowing him to use his powers in different ways

pr1983
^^ how would you know, you didn't create storm and that were her plans for them

did you?

sorry but this is a debate... u need to back it up... even if someone else saw it...

but his powers themselves werent affected...

Cosmic Flame
You can't say that Storm was warping weather patterns all over the world with ease. She was freaked out. She lost control. What happened was a result of her claustrophia, not Storm consciously trying to manipulate the world's ecosystem. She knows better.

You proved my point about the Savage Land. Storm should have been able to control what she created, even if her powers had been increased by someone else. No doubt that she's ridiculously powerful, and will become more so. But let's be real. She has limits. You admit so yourself. The limits are both internal and external. If she doesn't have the tools, she can't work with anything. If things get too big, she can't do anything about it.

stormfront13
did you?

^no, but that was there plan for her. she was supposed to be powerful from the beginning

but his powers themselves werent affected...

^^in a way they were, his powers took over his body allowing him to use his powes in ways he hasn't before

pr1983
^no, but that was there plan for her. she was supposed to be powerful from the beginning

their plan? are you an x-men writer?

no... his body changed, his power was unaffected... its only another option for his powers, not an extension...

Cosmic Flame
That's not true. Emma showed him things that he could always do but he had never attempted. That had nothing to do with him become ice 24/7.

No one is disputing that Storm is powerful. I think pretty much everyone concedes that. But she has limits. I don't think right now that she's an omega, unless some writer can figure out how to get around her limits.

pr1983
That's not true. Emma showed him things that he could always do but he had never attempted. That had nothing to do with him become ice 24/7.

whats not true?

stormfront13
You proved my point about the Savage Land. Storm should have been able to control what she created, even if her powers had been increased by someone else. No doubt that she's ridiculously powerful, and will become more so. But let's be real. She has limits. You admit so yourself. The limits are both internal and external. If she doesn't have the tools, she can't work with anything. If things get too big, she can't do anything about it.

^^she didn't create the storm and didn't have control over it because she didn't create it. it was world-wide and has never done anything of this calibre before. her powers had been amped to create the storm, then her regular power-levels weren't able to shut it down. and according to what she has done, whereever she is she can use her powers. even in space or an alien planet(the hill). her weakness is much, much harder to exploit that icemans. iceman is limited to how much moisture is in the air. he has even admittted that if there is no moisture in the air he basically cannot do anything. while in the deserat with the x-men one time he couldn't even create an ice-slide

Cosmic Flame
That. Sorry for the confusion.

I think that's spot on.

When the X-Men first encountered Alpha Flight, she didn't create the storm; Shaman did. Yet she was able to undo it, although it nearly cost her her life.

stormfront13
because that storm wasn't the size of the world. and she nearly died because it was an out of control storm which was the size of ooh, come country. can't remember which one

pr1983
That. Sorry for the confusion.

I think that's spot on.

When the X-Men first encountered Alpha Flight, she didn't create the storm; Shaman did. Yet she was able to undo it, although it nearly cost her her life.

oh, ok...

and yeah i agree with you...

because that storm wasn't the size of the world. and she nearly died because it was an out of control storm which was the size of ooh, come country. can't remember which one

so she has limits...

stormfront13
that was also the first time storm did anything like that. i think the storm was the size of alaska or somewhere like that. i am not denying she doesn't have limits because everyone has limits, but storms are harder to exploit than most peoples

pr1983
that was also the first time storm did anything like that. i think the storm was the size of alaska or somewhere like that. i am not denying she doesn't have limits because everyone has limits, but storms are harder to exploit than most peoples

than who? it doesnt stop her getting her ass handed to her by characters who would be considered weaker than her...

Cosmic Flame
You might want to revisit that statement. You admit that that's not totally true. See below.

That's not true. Storm has probably more limits that most people, because what she does will affect what happens elsewhere. She can't bring water from one place without it being taken from someplace else. She admits times and times again that she is bound by nature. There have been times that Storm hasn't been able to quell natural storms.

stormfront13
she hardly gets her ass handed to her. and she is never really powerless. even if there is a place where weather deosn't exist, she still has lightning she can use. icemans are easier to exploit than hers. just take away all or a lot of the moisture from an area and he is severly limited.

stormfront13
maybe we have different views on limits

Cosmic Flame
How can she summon lighting with no atmosphere?

pr1983
she hardly gets her ass handed to her.

really? like when she got hit by a brick she caught in one of her storms? or when cyclops took her down? or when magneto hit her with colossus? sure she doesnt...

she needs weather... she cant just create it, she can only manipulate it...

iceman could still wipe the floor with most x-men, including storm...

How can she summon lighting with no atmosphere?

Claremonts magic pencil?

stormfront13
by using electrons. to a small degree she can control electrons. she can very easily ignite electrons

pr1983
by using electrons. to a small degree she can control electrons. she can very easily ignite electrons

with no atmosphere? really?

stormlover
hello?

pr1983
Originally posted by stormlover
hello?

Yes?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>