Bush still strong on opposing G8 debt-relief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Sun news paper today:
"George Bush says Tony Blair can expect NO special favours from the US at the G8 summit in return for his staunch support on Iraq.
Quizzed tonight on ITV's 'Tonight with Trevor McDonald' - in an interview to be screened tonight-
Mr Bush insists: "I Don't really view our relationship as one of quid pro quo."

He adds:"I go to the G8 not really trying to make him look bad or good- but I go to the G8 with an agenda that I think is best for our country."

Mr.Bush also brushed off complaints by anti-poverty campaigners that his descision to double US develpment aid to Africa by 2010 is to little to late."

So Bush laps up the validation to an illegal war that Tony gives him at the risk of his (Blairs) own leadership in our country , and when there is a chance to repay a 100th of that by actually doing the decent thing and backing forgiveness of the debt, he effectively turns round and says "**** you Tony"-as usual in these affairs...

Bush could redeem a little bit of honour in this instance globally by doing this, and regain a little support over here to by acknowledging that our 'Special relationship' is a door that swings both ways.... But no.... Money comes first....

(Especially when you can't afford to help because you've already spent so much money trashing/invading another near-3rd world country in the world....that happened to have a saleable commodity like oil.. )

Your thoughts...?

Alpha Centauri
If anyone expected Bush to act differently, shame on them.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Sadly true that...

...Way to lead by example George....

Alpha Centauri
Mike Patton should be President I think, Sadako.

I would willingly have Squeeze Me Macaroni as the national anthem.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
LOL Absolutely....!! As twisted as Mr.Patton has been in the past, I would vote for him EVERY time over Bush safe in the knowledge that he would strive for a better outcome AND write a mindcrushingly cool album into the bargain...

(And would probably put the proceeds to fighting the poverty a hundred times before Bush would....)

jaden101

Sadako of Girth
I see... I hope then that I can catch the full interview and be in the same perspective as you enjoy..... Then shame on the EU......!!!!

Still typically a reveal on the Bush/Blair partnership dynamic though...

I wasn't aware of that though and wasn't in the full picture there.... thank you Jaden.

jaden101
it was actually a pretty good interview

bush's chance to tell the world that the US has tripled its direct aid to africa...the they have implemented the African growth and opportunity act

http://www.agoa.gov/

as well as tried proavtively to stamp out corruption in african countries to more effectively implement debt relief

and a massive anti aids programme costing hundreds of millions

Mong
Bush is a legend

KidRock
Why should more of my tax dollars go to Africa?

Sadako of Girth
Then if he makes it effective I will then admire that....

I was aware of his public stance on the corruptness issue and agreed with the principle at its core, but previously thought he was using it as an excuse for non committment...

But if he pairs that with actually taking those steps while going for it with the relief plan, (Pro-rata perhaps rather then worrying about "Have I payed too much because the poorer countries haven't matched my offer" Which'd be shameful for the richest industrialists in the world (As we understand them to be) then I'll be going 'nice one Bush' for the first time in like forever...

Cheers again for the update on the interview mate.... smile Good stuff.

DarkJediStoops
Originally posted by Mong
Bush is a legend He also looks like a shaved chimp.. but yeah, anyway. cool

Sadako of Girth
Its not the rest of the world's fault that you are Taxed so much Kid Rock.

It might be that government of yours instead of some guy laying dying in some godforsaken desert all that distance away who has no influence on your tax system...

And if there is one government who should be showing a bit of compassion for the world right now along with us, your lapdogs, its definitely Bush's.....

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Mike Patton should be President I think, Sadako.

I would willingly have Squeeze Me Macaroni as the national anthem.

-AC

laughing Oh my, that would be great...

jaden101
everybody rise for national anthem

IIII WAAANNNNAAA...LOCKBETTYCROCKERINTHEKITCHEN...."

to see the US government members singing that with hand on heart...

Sadako of Girth
ROFL laughing

Lana
I'd so do it eek!

Alpha Centauri
I actually said that to Lana in MSN a few minutes ago haha.

Though Mike Patton might actually make us fondle Ronald McDonald if we buy anything at McDonald's.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Indeed a most disconcerting thought it is that he would also make us syphon the spinach, cream the corn..... sperm scrambles the egg so a meal is born in the world of the twisted one.... yes

debbiejo
The American people are one of the highest givers of charity in the world already.

Darth Jello
if by charity you mean paramilitary aid or peacecorps work that is then converted to labor camps, you are correct.

debbiejo
NO...money, aid...I thought everyone knew that....I've seen the world charts on world giving.

Bardock42
Haha...special relationship...sure...you are the USs *****...nothing else....

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42

Was that directed a me?.....Cause as individuals...the US is one of the highest givers of aid...on a personal level....not political level.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Was that directed a me?.....Cause as individuals...the US is one of the highest givers of aid...on a personal level....not political level.

No it was directed at the Brits....wasn't that obvious What the f**k?

Is it?....I hope you mean that in percentages....we all know that you have almost 300 000 people...hard for Belgium or Luxembourg t give more aid then....oh yes by the way...give us a link....

debbiejo
No it was directed at the Brits....wasn't that obvious What the f**k?

Is it?....I hope you mean that in percentages....we all know that you have almost 300 000 people...hard for Belgium or Luxembourg t give more aid then....oh yes by the way...give us a link....

Don't have a link....It was on the news...unless it was propaganda...Also read it in the paper....And your right...I'm not sure if it was a per capital thing...

MC Mike
The US gives much too little. If we want to stuff our noses into everyone's damn business, our percentage of donations should be higher than anyone else's percentages.

Sadako of Girth

Correction: BLAIR is Bush's b***h... smile
I am no ones b***h. (Except maybe Mrs.Sadako every now
and then....) stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
Thats what I thought MC Mike...Good on you...!

More of a pro-rata thing.... yes

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Mong
Bush is a legend

...in stupidity.

PVS
does this surprise anyone?

bush is frikin evil

if there is a hell he will most certainly roast in it,
there in lies my comfort smile

Sadako of Girth
*Supplies charcoal*

Fëanor
The American people are one of the highest givers of charity in the world already. more like we are the giver of the highest taxes to the government which parcels it out when the need arise...Originally posted by PVS
does this surprise anyone?

bush is frikin evil

if there is a hell he will most certainly roast in it,
there in lies my comfort smile i'm afraid the devil would fear even dubya......

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Correction: BLAIR is Bush's b***h... smile
I am no ones b***h. (Except maybe Mrs.Sadako every now
and then....) stick out tongue
I accept your changes......

jaden101
you people are living in some kind of dream world...you really need to see the real evil people of this world in action and put your energies into tackling them instead of doing the fashionable and totally pathetic Bush bashing that seems to ave pervaded the world

its no wonder the real atrocities in the world go unnoticed such as darfur on Sudan and the events in Zimbabwe when you are all to busy calling Bush an evil terrorist

PVS
shall we run over to zimbabwe and wave pitch forks and torches?

is that possible? or should we just sit and b!tch about it to make you happy?

all i know is that america is supposedly a democracy, so to discuss the scumminess of our commander in chief just MAY make a difference, since all americans reading have the power to change that.

what power do we have to change events in zimbabwe, except elect a president who would do more than turn a blind eye?

way to browbeat and grandstand

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jaden101
you people are living in some kind of dream world...you really need to see the real evil people of this world in action and put your energies into tackling them instead of doing the fashionable and totally pathetic Bush bashing that seems to ave pervaded the world

its no wonder the real atrocities in the world go unnoticed such as darfur on Sudan and the events in Zimbabwe when you are all to busy calling Bush an evil terrorist

I've never been a follower of fashion, fact that I wear trousers and so many others in the world do is coincidential, the same parallel is applicable to the Bush-dislike thing as far as Im concerned...
I genuinely hate the guy of my own volition I'm not following anyone.

I've not ignored Sudan or Mr.Mugabi's antics whatsoever... He is disgusting and quicker this murdering,settlement demolishing prick is out of there the better.

jaden101
you've always been a fasion leader sadako wink

pvs says that the US is a "supposed" democracy...you seem to forget that despite the scandal in 2000...Bush was elected on both the popular vote and the electoral college vote so complaining about the voting system is futile

"what power do we have to change events in zimbabwe, except elect a president who would do more than turn a blind eye?"

how about rather than saying to Bush..."we hate you...you're scum" which in reallity wont get him to do anything...why not start voicing out against people you want dealt with

PVS
pvs says that the US is a "supposed" democracy...you seem to forget that despite the scandal in 2000...Bush was elected on both the popular vote and the electoral college vote so complaining about the voting system is futile

bush did NOT win the popular vote in 2000. get your info straight
how about rather than saying to Bush..."we hate you...you're scum" which in reallity wont get him to do anything...why not start voicing out against people you want dealt with

why voice out when the commander in chief doesnt give a shit? thats the point i was making. if americans do not exercise their power to elect someone who does give a shit, we may as well be voicing up our own asses. get it?

jaden101
hence i said "despite" what happened in 2000...quite obviously that i wasn't refering to that

so do you really think he's listening to pathetic insults?

PVS
hence i said "despite" what happened in 2000...quite obviously that i wasn't refering to that no, you clearly said that he won the popular vote in 2000. gore won the popular vote. if you follow my posts, you'll realise im not too proud to stand corrected when i get my info wrong. hint hint...

so do you really think he's listening to pathetic insults?

pathetic insults? must every comment about bush be in such a form where it may be presented to him as a memo? i said he's frikin evil because i think he's frikin evil. i didnt say that with the delusion that he would recieve this message and adjust his policy to my liking. thus the whole point of taking advantage of our civic power to elect who we see fit....man wtf are you getting at anyway? if you want to argue with me, lets have it make sense and have some direction please

edit: and let us not forget that a minority of people in america actually vote.
half of voting americans voted for bush, but what if the lazy majority got off their asses? one can dream

jaden101
and as i said in my post...if you think bush is evil then you really need to look into the actions of really evil people and perhaps use your voice against them

if the message was lost on you...not my fault

as for the election turnout...in 2004 it was the highest for nearly 40 years...60.7%

i think you are dreaming if you think that the 39.3% that didn't vote are lazy democrats

fact is...despite the scandal of 2000...you had you're chance to turf out Bush...and didn't do it

debbiejo
Originally posted by MC Mike
The US gives much too little. If we want to stuff our noses into everyone's damn business, our percentage of donations should be higher than anyone else's percentages.

Hey, it's the people themselves that give....I just gave $2000.00 to the hurricane relief...and I know other that always give too.

PVS
and as i said in my post...if you think bush is evil then you really need to look into the actions of really evil people and perhaps use your voice against them

i dont get it. what you are saying is that since there are leaders who excel in acts of evil which far surpass bush's, then bush is not evil?

is everything so black and white to you?

does that mean i can go on a murdering spree and if anyone calls me evil i can just tell them stalin murdered over 50,000,000 people, so i'm not evil? i dont get it dude

Bardock42
Hey, it's the people themselves that give....I just gave 00.00 to the hurricane relief...and I know other that always give too.

You didn't really.....did you....not seriously......if you really did that I will have to consider putting you on ignore

debbiejo
You didn't really.....did you....not seriously......if you really did that I will have to consider putting you on ignore

Well ignore me then, cause that's the kind of person I am.... stick out tongue

debbiejo

Hey wait....you took out the 2....... mad

Bardock42
Hey wait....you took out the 2....... mad

What 2?

no that was a mistake not my faul (I hope)

jaden101
so please clarify exactly and with pure fact...exactly why Bush is evil...and by fact i dont mean all the pathetic "war for oil" and "they knew there was no WMD" horse manure

i want to see evidence of Bush ordering mass and deliberate exterminations of entire social and religious groups and acts similar to those ordered by the likes of people like pol pot, adolf hitler...and wouldn't you know it...sadda, hussein

debbiejo
What 2?

no that was a mistake not my faul (I hope)

You took out my 2.....such a German thing to do..... big grin

PVS
so please clarify exactly and with pure fact...exactly why Bush is evil...and by fact i dont mean all the pathetic "war for oil" and "they knew there was no WMD" horse manure

so in other words "i want proof, not PROOF" messed

i want to see evidence of Bush ordering mass and deliberate exterminations of entire social and religious groups and acts similar to those ordered by the likes of people like pol pot, adolf hitler...and wouldn't you know it...sadda, hussein

like i said, your logic is folly. you cant think in black and white like that.
by the same logic, when compared to stalin, all dictators mentioned are but sweet cuddley teddy bears. i refuse to debate based on your warped thinking on the topic.

Bardock42
You took out my 2.....such a German thing to do..... big grin

No really I didn't want to do that...I can't believe you spend 2000 US Dollar....I never have seen that much money..........

debbiejo
No really I didn't want to do that...I can't believe you spend 2000 US Dollar....I never have seen that much money..........

I felt it was important.....I don't believe so much in tithing in church, but think the real message is give to those who need it....many people feel that way...It did hurt though.....Ouch for a long time!!

jaden101
whats warped about it?

why do you and people who argue that bush is evil completely disregard all of the positive actions that the Bush administration has done?

lets not forget that the middle east peace process is as far advanced as it has ever been under the pressure that the bush administration has placed on arial sharon and his government

as i mentioned earlier in this thread...the AGOA is one of the biggest schemes to tackle poverty in africa that there has ever been

how about ending the terrible suppresion of womens rights in afghanistan and iraq

how about the school and hospital building programmes going on in iraq that the media doesn't seem to think is news worthy

or the fact that the US is one of the biggest aid givers to the palestinian people...called for by george bush

PVS
whats warped about it?

why do you and people who argue that bush is evil completely disregard all of the positive actions that the Bush administration has done?

what about em? huh? are there any?

lets not forget that the middle east peace process is as far advanced as it has ever been under the pressure that the bush administration has placed on arial sharon and his government

as a rooster takes credit for the sunrise. so will bush for the events in isreal. every president has seemed to make progress there, then it all goes to shit.
same as it ever was. you can celebrate prematurely and assume the violence has ended for good, and please send me a postcard from fantasy land.

as i mentioned earlier in this thread...the AGOA is one of the biggest schemes to tackle poverty in africa that there has ever been

i have to research this further, but i fail to see how mutually beneficial commerce is some kind of act of good will.

how about ending the terrible suppresion of womens rights in afghanistan and iraq

it never ended dude erm where do you hear that it did? women are still stoned to death in afghanastan, it is now the heroine capitol of the world, and what of brutality and discrimination for religious beliefs and and sexes in saudi arabia? might i add the only country in the world where women are not allowed to drive? where is our hero bush on this matter?

how about the school and hospital building programmes going on in iraq that the media doesn't seem to think is news worthy

because its expected and obigated to build schools and hospitals in place of the ones which we have bombed...isnt it?

jaden101
so now you completely twist what i post...why...its doesnt exactly further your floundering argument does it?

i think if you DO bother to research it further then you'll find that every finincial institution and expert in the world agrees that trade with africa if a far better, longer lasting, more direct and more effiecient way to alleviate poverty in africa than aid is

always has been...if anything this is an argument to send MORE allied forces in to kurb the growth or provide the growers of afghanistan the same subsidies that the French get to grow something else other than heroin...2 birds with 1 stone...helps alleviate poverty AND helps tackle heroin production...how good am i stick out tongue

surely this isn't the same contradiction i've been hearing from anti war groups since the war began...the good ol' " why dont you stop x and y regimes"....you cant be FOR one war and against another

not to mention the fact that not all bad regimes need to be tackled with force... Gaddafi of Libya for example...you can thank us brits for that one though

again another bit of twisted propaganda that makes it look like schools were deliberately targeted by US and UK forces...they weren't...unlike what currently happens with REAL evil terrorists...Beslan...how quickly that was forgotten eh?

PVS
yes, your "x and y" regimes statements just shoots that point down doesnt it?

no it doesnt. nice try

in saudi arabia people are jailed and even killed for being christian or jewish. women have no rights whatsever and if you think that theyare not brutalised, then welcome to fantasy land, like i said. if you wish to forsake reality just to feel like you've "won" this arguement, then fine, whatever.

but after all the lies were exposed as lies, the only excuse bush has to fall back on was "saddam was evil. blah blah blah."

christians are jailed and killed, women are brutalised, the saudi royal family was edited out of the official 9-11 report, all funding for 9-11 came from saudi arabia, all flashing red lights which say "THE PROBLEM----->" point to that nation......so we bomb iraq....again. and put absolutely no pressure on the saudi royal family. quite the opposite. but yes jaden, it has NOTHING to do with oil. nothing at all. remember to send that postcard.

bush declared that his mission is to spread freedom throughout the world. that was his final reason fo going into iraq. that was it... "saddam was evil" well, so is the saudi government. why is it illogical to question why with one hand he smacks one dictator and with the other hand he pats another dictator on the back. not to mention walking around camp david sharing tender moments and wispering sweet nothings

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/BUSH_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/BUSH_2.jpg

Fishy
so now you completely twist what i post...why...its doesnt exactly further your floundering argument does it?

How did he do that? What did Bush really do for Israel and Palestinia? Absolutely nothing. Nothing more then Clinton did. It will fail just like everything else that has been done there.

I completely agree with that.

The Taliban stopped most of the heroine trade from Afghanistan when it was in power, always has been my ass.

If they are all evil, then why are you saying that some of them are good. Why is Bush saying some of them are not evil... Don't say he improved those country's when he didn't.

Thank you. And if they don't, what was the point of Iraq again, not the worst regime around, and it shouldn't have had the highest priority. Why was that one taken out first?

So you are saying you shouldn't rebuild schools that were bombed. Whether it was by accident or not shouldn't matter, if I accidentally set fire on your house should i Just walk away and not pay for a new house, or should I pay for a new house?

PVS
edit: DAMNIT!!!! double posts piss me the f*** off mad mad

PVS
Originally posted by Fishy
The Taliban stopped most of the heroine trade from Afghanistan when it was in power, always has been my ass.

absolutely. i dont know where you thought of that one jaden.
pay attention to the news. heroin has never been as cheap as it is today.
and WHY? take a guess

Originally posted by Fishy
So you are saying you shouldn't rebuild schools that were bombed. Whether it was by accident or not shouldn't matter, if I accidentally set fire on your house should i Just walk away and not pay for a new house, or should I pay for a new house?

apparently you wouldnt have a care in the world, as long as you didnt mean it.

jaden101
oh...you mean everywhere except the 1/3rd of the country that the taliban didn't actually control

where did i say that? and about what regime?

because it was part of the war on terror and its documented FACT that muhammed atta trained in iraq as well as the fact that saddams regime actively funded terrorist groups

not to mention the 500,000 shi'ites that he systematically slaughtered over the last 10 years...and all the kuwaitis that are still missing since the first gulf war

uuuhh...yeah...as it stands its highly unlikely that you would have to pay for my new house...

now on to pvs again

first off...those pics are pretty homo-erotic laughing and might get you banned

lets not actually forget that the saudi's are pro active in tackling terrorism where as saddam, as i previously mentioned' was pro active in supporting terrorism...

also...once again as you seem to have not bothered listening...not all regimes need to be tackled using force...some respond to diplomatic pressures...saddam on the other habd pretty much laughed in the face of the united nations security council and the resolutions placed upon it

once again for those who weren't listening the first time...i suggest you dig a little deeper to find out the nations who had illegal oil deals with iraq at the expense of iraqi children

*cough*france*cough*...Russia*cough*

its no wonder they were not in favour of ousting saddam...it would have meant their deals went to shit...

i actually research these kind of things rather than relying on the Bush bashing press for the "reality" of the situations

jaden101
oh...and one last thing...contrary to popular leftist beliefs...the taliban and al qaeda actually used heroin traffiking as a way to fund their activities

PVS
saudi's are proactive in tackling terrorism.

you actually believe the bullshit rhetoric, and think that tough talk is effective.
i am honestly getting irritated now. half of the 9-11 report was BLACKED OUT to protect the SAUDI ROYAL FAMILY. as i mentioned, speaking of not listening.

if you refuse to see that blatent fact, there is no point in arguing this any further. enjoy the bliss that is ignorance

jaden101
the saudi's have launched more anti terrorist actions than most of the so called allied countries

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1193051/posts

http://www.saudi-us-relations.org/newsletter/saudi-relations-special-11-09.html

it seems to me that it is you that enjoys the ignorance...

its arguments like yours that constantly overshadow the good that the US does in the world...yes the regime is flawed...yes Bush is thick at best...yes the US and the UK have killed innocent people during the war

but i challenge anyone to find something that the likes of saddam hussein ever done for the greater good (besides helping fight the commie bastards in the 70's and 80's)

stick out tongue

jaden101
acutally we'll go back to saudi's

do the saudi's try to systematically exterminate entire social groups...ethnic cleansing...uuummm...no

and you know what...i can actually see the future

America attacks Saudi Arabia due to the human rights abuses that PVS so abhorently despises...then PVS comes onto KMC and shouts

"WAR FOR OIL...WAR FOR OIL"

Bush just cant win can he

regardless...have to go for the night...debate with you some more tomorrow PVS

take it easy mate thumb up thumb up thumb up

PVS
ok yeah sure.

no im done debating this with you.

if you choose to selectively ignore points so obvious as the nose on your face than whats the point? i dont feel like digging up the hundreds of articles on the 9-11 reports, or the attrocities still occuring in iraq and afghanistan, that is your choice. sarcasm and putting words in my mouth will not change what is.

sorry erm

i look forward to discussing other topics, but as far as i'm concerned this particular conversation is over.

jaden101
the name kinda gives it away...the 9/11 report...as in...a report into the events of 9/11 and who was involved...in 9/11...as in 1 single incident

that report had no wider remit to investigate terrorism as a whole...

as in terrorist bombings...easily by far and away the worst attrocities still going on...actually they're not...the beheadings of innocent people beats the bombings in my opinion

but if you want to ignore all the good that also happens in both those countries as well as the wider world because of the Bush administration just to legitimise your bush bashing antics then thats fine

i just think that if all the people who hold up placards and boards during demonstrations that read "bush: worlds number 1 terrorist" put their collective efforts into tackling the real evil regimes in the world then perhaps many of the human rights abuses that you so obviously despise could be brought to the fore and acted upon by those who have the power

what i'm saying is that governments like the US and the UK act under massive pressure and little else...if the world isn't saying anything beyond "you are evil and we hate you" then nothing will ever be done

bilb
Ok back on topic just becasue I am curious as to what on earth the G8 actually did or did not commit to.. Once again our 'free' media has wimped out by not outlining exactly what was and was not agrred upon and if in fact the main reason for the lack of significant aid (which is what I understand to be the case altho I really cant tell from US reports) was the lack of siginicant aid due primarily to Bush

Sadako of Girth
The debt won't be forgiven, but 50 billion goes to africa, 3 Billion to the Palastinians.

bilb
Thanks Sads smile

Why the Palestenians? You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this one.. seeing as how it wasn't mentioned by Live 8 I dont know anything about this embarrasment

stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by bilb
Thanks Sads smile

Why the Palestenians? You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this one.. seeing as how it wasn't mentioned by Live 8 I dont know anything about this embarrasment

stick out tongue

Why the Palestinians get money?.....hmm because they gor decently screwed up the ass for ...approximatedly 60 years.......they should get more...and their own country......and all that........

bilb
I just didnt realize that it was an issue being discussed by the G8 is all I meant..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.