Coruscant Liberated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

exanda kane
At the end of RotJ we see different worlds cheering after the death of the Emperor. Yet according to EU and basically logic and common sense, we shouldn't see crowds in Coruscant cheering. It's the Imperial Capitol and thre's to great an imperial presence there for them to be cheering the Empire's defeat aswell sa how they found out about the Emperor dying and the New Republic didn't even liberate Coruscant until a year after. Discuss, please.

viking12344
Well, your right but the only thing I can add is the EU does not equal GL. If he wants em cheering than by god, they are. I just do not understand why.

2Tidus!
Maybe they were forced to work under the Emperor?

AmrothSkywalker
Originally posted by 2Tidus!
Maybe they were forced to work under the Emperor?

That makes no sense what would that have to do with celebrating?

JKozzy
Originally posted by exanda kane
according to EU There the debate ends.

Red Superfly
Bah, Emperor is obviously a very bad man. Once loved, now hated. People don't like very bad man.

People cheer when bad man dies.

It really is that simple.

2Tidus!
Because if they were forced like slaves to work under the Emperor they would celebrate that they are free and could now do what they want.

DenKi
look what happened when Sadam got captured? look at the cheering in Iraq!

yerssot
Originally posted by JKozzy
There the debate ends.
like JKozzy said

it's EU

exanda kane
It's not just EU tho, according to Star Wars logic, it would take a while for them to find etc.
Again i don't think there's any explanation and there's yet another plothole.

yerssot
errr... no there isn't. You base yourself on EU
what you think is logic is irrelevant since you are not lucas who deceides what works in his universe

exanda kane
Originally posted by yerssot
errr... no there isn't. You base yourself on EU
what you think is logic is irrelevant since you are not lucas who deceides what works in his universe

thats a rather silly comment to be nice; using turkey-necks (lucas) rather 'of the moment' explanations for the plot-holes he himself creates in his movies, it's quite reasonable to say that those people would never have found out at time, and yes, it 'may' happened afterwards, but then thats kinda the explanation he would come up with.

yerssot
as soon as you control Lucasfilm Ltd, your logic will be the one to which fans should listen to. For now, you are not, so your logic with pulling things like EU in it is only to make yourself feel happy about discovering a "plothole"

exanda kane
lol, dont get a semi man. i've obviously found a tiny plothole in the matrix of contradictions that is Star Wars, and you feel the need the praise Lucas for, errr, stealing all our money.

yerssot
no, I don't praise him.
If you want to discuss star wars, you obey HIS rules,... he created it, he can say how things work or how they do not. EU is utter bullshit when it comes to movies, this is very clear by the official canonpolicy of Lucasfilm Ltd, if you simply can't understand that it would be better to go to the EU section and complain about the infinite loopholes you found there

Dirty Vader
EU explains it in one of the X-Wing books: Iron Fist.

Castin Donn says that ss soon as the statue was downed, Imperial stormtroopers arrived in full force and opened fire on the crowd to disperse them and bring back order.

Dirty Vader
And for all you anti-EU people:
You can't dispute that is indeed stupid. The Empire holds the greater part of the galaxy and has a great military might. No way would they let a crowd take down a statue pf the Emperor in the capital city. Dead or not. And no way would the people try it.

Thank god, the EU writters fixed that flaw.

As was also mentioned, the fact that the news came in so fast to the crowd is also stupid. All this takes place during the rebel victory celebrations, right after the battle. But that's not really a big problem.

On the other hand I'd like to point out that just because Lucas has done something, doesen't mean you have to approve it. Or did you all like Jar Jar Binks?

Ogami Itto
is tatooine in the celebratoin??

yerssot
yes, Mos Eisley is anyway.

DV, I'm not anti-EU at all, I read a lot of books just in a discussion EU is not-canon, the movies are, the novels are and the hearplays are, EU is in that perspective pure crap

If you go fully anti-EU, you don't even know at that point that it is Coruscant so why should it be bothering? Also, they don't rule the entire galaxy hence no pressence on all the planets or minimal like on Tatooine (or they would have just contacted troops on the planet to search and not send a team down) so who can claim that by the time we reach ROTJ they still have Coruscant as the capital and harboring the most troops? Why not go to Naboo since Palpatine comes from there? Who claims they still have that many troops that they can defend that many worlds?
If you go strictly on the movies as you should, there is absolutely no problem at all

PVS
news of the emporer's death spread to coroscant and the people rose up and overthrew the remaining imperial troopers, thus the scene where they throw the stormtrooper over the ledge.

could it be any more simple than that?

"but coroscant was the center of power in the blah blah blah"

the emporer devoted most of his resources, ships, troops, etc. to the battle at endor. thus it was possible for the people to retake coruscant

END.

OF.

DISCUSSION.

Ogami Itto
Why does Tattoine give a shit??

dflood
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Why does Tattoine give a shit??

laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance laughing out loud laughing out loud

PVS
why is that funny?
its a damn good question.
in the PT, tatooine was not a part of the republic,
and in the OT, we see that the hutts still run the place (jabba).

sure we see imperial troopers on tatooine in ep4, but they may have
simply been the troops sent to recover the stolen plans. for all we know
the empire doesnt even bother with tattooine.

why WOULD tattooine give a shit?

yerssot
cause now they think the Hutts will take over the galaxy and they'll become the new Coruscant? stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
hummm good question, why would tattooine care?

i really have no idea, i just think GL wanted to show all the more important planets in the end sequence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.