Senator Organa turning away too easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
In the one scene where Organa returns to the Jedi Temple, the stormtroopers tell him, it is time to go... and he just turns back and says something to the effect of "so it is".... whaaaa? Why didn't he put up a fight or something instead of just submissively give in... he didn't even question the order... I thought it would have been cool if he at least tried to stand up to them or something.... but no. That was a dissapointment. Jimmy Smits should have kicked their butts.

mysterio69
yeah. and then get a laser up his ass. he knows he should help the rebellion. what the hell was he gonna do? force push them outta the way? cuz, he didn't have the force. he knew his worth to the planned rebellion, so he walked.

Darth Halo
Gee let me see 1 normal forceless person vs. oh don't know countless clones with excellent accuracy. what are the odds? gee let me count 0 to a million

Darth Halo
nice sig kalsemo

General Zodiac
What would he say, 'move or I'll slap you?' He showed no weapons on him.

Ani's Girl
I agree; he was completely outnumbered. I believe that he did the best that he could afterward. It's possible Obi Wan or Yoda may also have been killed had he not gotten word to them.

bilb
Well seeing as how he went on to help create the rebel alliance which played a huge role in defeating the Empire.. I'd say offhand he made the correct decision

General Zodiac
If he died what would have happened with the Alliance?

bilb
well my guess is taht its still would have been formed... but the real question would be what would have happened to Leia?? Doesnt really matter but adds to the arguement that Bail did teh right thing by not taking on the Clones...

Lana
Yep. Bail not leaving = Bail dead. He wasn't an idiot.

I love your new sig, Bilb happy

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Halo
nice sig kalsemo

Thank You

JKozzy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t352088.html

((The_Anomaly))
what did you expect bail to do, bust out some kung fu?

honestly....

What the f**k?

Ani's Girl
He had a hard enough time getting back into his ship without busting his a$$, how do you think that he would take on a bunch of clones. I also think we are to believe that he didn't understand the situation fully, until the padawan got killed as he was leaving.

BAILY
In the original script.. Bail told the Clones he had a meeting with the Council and Yoda, and the clones said the council was desolved permanently.... that part was cut out.. that is why the scene feels jerky

JKozzy
And his 'I have a meeting scheduled with the Jedi Council.'

bilb
Originally posted by Lana

I love your new sig, Bilb happy

thanks Lana!! quite the compliment coming from you

smile

DiamondBullets
Yeah I gotta admit, it was kinda wierd and outta place seeing Detective Simone from NYPD Blue actually taking shit from a bunch of punks. But seriously, he was incredibly out numbered, and on top of that HE was a politician and THEY were soilders. That would be like a U.S. senator trying to take on a bunch of MP's or National Guardsmen. See the logic???(or lack-there-of)

kalsemo
Originally posted by BAILY
the scene feels jerky

Thank you, that's exactly what I thought... so I wasn't the only one then who thought something was amiss there......

BAILY
Originally posted by kalsemo
Thank you, that's exactly what I thought... so I wasn't the only one then who thought something was amiss there......

No you werent bud.... I expected more of Bail.. i was very disappointed in his character screentime.. i wanted more.. oh well... maybe the Deleted Scenes on the DVD?

Red Superfly
What would he have done otherwise?

Organa: "Let me in"

Clone: "No, f*ck off"

Organa: "Why?"

Clone: "Cos we'll shoot you"

Organa: "Oh yeah, well how about I kick yo ass!"

*Clone shoots Organa*

Captain REX
ORGANA: Hey, what's up?
CLONE: We didn't kill any Jedi, not us!
ORGANA: ...right...so...can I come in?
CLONE: No!
ORGANA: ...how about now?
CLONE: No! Get out of here!
ORGANA: I don't feel like... *gun nozzle pressed to neck* ...um...yeah...I think I should be going, really...

BAILY
BAIL: What is going on here?

CLONE: There has been a rebellion, everything is under control

BAIL: Yeah right....

(Bail pulls his blaster out shoots some clones and ducks behind his speeder)

CLONE: Freeze Senator, you are under arrest

BAIL: Under arrest my ass.....

(Bail releases two cannons out the sides of his speeder and picks off every clone)

BAIL: No one messes with the Bailster!

Red Superfly
Parody overload!

Captain REX
I should have seen that coming from Baily... stick out tongue

BAILY
Originally posted by Captain REX
I should have seen that coming from Baily... stick out tongue

Damn straight! stick out tongue

bilb
at least he didnt do it third person (cept the last line) laughing

Cipher
Bail probably was going to persist until he saw that Padawan get it.....

darktim1
George Lucas gave him a blaster but would'nt have made a difference and was right decision to get in his speeder and leave.

ShadowKing
how about...

"...the Senate won't stand for this..."

Dark Thor
what was that on his right belt though? it looked like a blaster.

Red Superfly
Water pistol.

Dresta
Originally posted by Darth Halo
Gee let me see 1 normal forceless person vs. oh don't know countless clones with excellent accuracy. what are the odds? gee let me count 0 to a million

you know the clones aiming was a lot worse in the OT for some reason.

DiamondBullets
The were no Clones left by the time of the OT. They all died due to their accelerated growth. Stormtroopers were enlisted men.

Dresta
no they weren't

jango fat
Some were clones some were enlisted men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.