NJO Luke and Mace Windu VS Exar Kun and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Itachi
Would this match-up be pretty interesting?

Darth_Glentract
Mace would beat Dooku. Luke would beat Kun. Not a fair fight for the Sith.

Great Vengeance
No..dooku has already beaten mace before and he will do so again. And exar kun knocked out luke when he was just a spirit. The sith easily win this.

Darth_Glentract
That was before Dooku fell to the darkside and Mace's form works best against the darkside. Let say Mace is 95% as powerful as Dooku. His form takes 30% of Dooku's power and gives it to him. now Dooku is 70% and Mace is 125%. Doesnt look well for Dooku, I think that his form was how Mace beat Sidious so fast.

Sorry. I currently think you are retarded. This is NJO Luke not JA Luke. Luke is tons of times more powerful by now. Exar also had an entire race to use the energy from. Luke would beat him.

General Zodiac
You don't have:
Jedi win with no deaths
Sith win with no deaths

Emperor Revan
I agree with Glentract. The Jedi would win and neither Jedi would die.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That was before Dooku fell to the darkside and Mace's form works best against the darkside. Let say Mace is 95% as powerful as Dooku. His form takes 30% of Dooku's power and gives it to him. now Dooku is 70% and Mace is 125%. Doesnt look well for Dooku, I think that his form was how Mace beat Sidious so fast.

Sorry. I currently think you are retarded. This is NJO Luke not JA Luke. Luke is tons of times more powerful by now. Exar also had an entire race to use the energy from. Luke would beat him.

All those numbers are meaningless in this discussion, its just your opinion, however we do know that dooku has beaten mace before and dooku would be more powerful after he turned to the darkside. And yes NJO luke is more powerful than JA luke but then again the real exar kun would be MUCH more powerful than just a spirit. And by calling me retarded you have shown your own lack of understanding and maturity.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
No..dooku has already beaten mace before and he will do so again. And exar kun knocked out luke when he was just a spirit. The sith easily win this.

Mace beat Sidious who's stronger than Dooku so Mace would beat Dooku. Exar Kun DID NOT knock out Luke as a spirit. I can see you like to exaggerate what actually happens and that is Kun's spirit AND Kyp Durron combined their powers in an assault not even a Jedi master could stop. Kyp is very powerful, able to ressurect the Sun Crusher from the core of Yavin with only a little help from Exar Kun.

Vanquish
Gotta agree, Luke beats anyone one on one, and Windu would beat Dooku. Only reason Dooku beat Windu was because he was still a jedi, and therefore windu's vapaad didn't really give him the edge. Also, they were sparring, and not trying to kill. Windu is best when he allows his feelings to feed his power. Windu could beat dooku in an actual duel, especially since dooku gets darker over time.

Jedi's win with no deaths.

Great Vengeance
Vanquish-Where does it even say vaapad is good against the dark side? And opposed to what? jedi?

Emperor Revan-You exaggerate by saying exar kun only provided a little help...but the whole spirit thing is kind of pointless anyways because luke would be facing the real exar kun, the man who walked into the republic senate with many jedi inside and freezed them all, killed a 600 year old jedi master in 10 seconds and took back his apprentice from capture. That is not an exaggeration folks.

Darth_Glentract
yes it it, it took 11 seconds.

Anyway, it says on wikipedia at the bottom of the Vapaad form that it is great against darksiders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

HimoKun
I don't see it mentioned anywhere that it's better on that page. And Mace never fought a Sith of Exar's ability. Let's put it this way. Exar was from a much more turbulent age compared to Mace. He was in a time of war, while Mace was in a time of peace. Now, how many Sith were their during Mace's time? About 3 or 4. How many Sith were there during Exar's time? The number would be in the thousands. And how many Jedi did Exar face? Well, he faced Jedi of about the same quality of most of the Jedi Masters, and probably some that were as powerful as Mace was. But then it comes down to the weakest links. It is clear that Dooku is the weakest link for the Sith, and that Mace is the weakest link for the Jedi. This all comes down to who would win on this side. And I believe that in a prolonged fight, Dooku would eventually win because of his short concisestrikes, compared to Maace's long wide arcs. Then that leaves a two on one for Luke, and he's down for the count.

Emperor Revan
Vanquish-Where does it even say vaapad is good against the dark side? And opposed to what? jedi?

Emperor Revan-You exaggerate by saying exar kun only provided a little help...but the whole spirit thing is kind of pointless anyways because luke would be facing the real exar kun, the man who walked into the republic senate with many jedi inside and freezed them all, killed a 600 year old jedi master in 10 seconds and took back his apprentice from capture. That is not an exaggeration folks.

Well truth is we don't know how much Exar's spirit helped Kyp but they both did it and Luke says only their combined power he couldn't withstand or somesuch.

So he froze a senate with some Jedi in it. Big deal. Darth Malak could freeze Bastila and Carth at the same time. Kreia and Atris could kill groups of warriors instantly with the Force. Lord Revan killed EVERYONE in a powerful Sith academy single handedly well before he reached his full power. Kreia kills 3 powerful Jedi masters at the same time with one use of the Force. Jaden killed hundreds of Jedi and Dark Jedi fighting his way to Ragnos' tomb.

As for killing Vodo, Vodo wanted to turn Kun back to the light side. Kun had to beg for mercy twice from a spirit. He had an amulet increase his power. Don't get me wrong, I place Kun as third, just below Luke but I don't think he can match NJO Luke. Here are some reasons I borrowed from Darth_Plagues.

NJO Luke Skywalker:

1) Luke was able to charge through the entire Yuuzhan Vong HQ, basically on his own (yes Jacen and Jaina were with him, but it says in TUF that they did almost no work). Since this is the place where the YV leader is, there would be thousands of Vong, maybe even 10 000 or more, yet Luke wasted them all.

2) After doing that, he faced off against 7 or 8 slayers, Kyp who is supposedly very powerful could not even take one and he landed dozens of hits. Yet Luke was able to kill them with one hit, that means he is either exceptionally strong, or he was powering his weapon with the Force.

3) Then he defeated the Supreme Overlord, who on his own would be a match for MANY jedi.

4) In the final YV battle, Luke used an unknown power, to instantly kill a slayer. It is described as being like green sparks. Jaina also describes him as being like the center of the Force. With the Force flowing through him, he was like a malestrom of Force energy, unstoppable. Jaina also described him as being calm and focused, and his blade looked like there were 10 or 20, all moving at the same time, with one purpose.

5) Luke was also able to manipulate black holes and gravity.

6) Luke was also able to knock down AT-AT's like they were nothing, he could also destroy entire armies with the force.

7) In the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke removed an entire planet from view using the force, he said it should last indefinently. He was also able to make himself invisible and unable to be sensed through the force. Also in the Black Fleet Crisis Luke rebuilt Vader's old fortress, he also made it invisible. He did all this with out being sensed through the Force, and this is on Courscant.

8) Luke also trained underneath the clone emperor, so he would know about the Sith as well as the Jedi. Luke also defeated the Emperor's Force Storm, which was massive and able to destroy ships.

9) After defeating the clone emperor, Luke discovered an ancient Jedi Library, with long forgotten knowledge. Luke also didn't restrict his knowledge to just the Jedi, he hunted all over the galaxy, searching for knowledge and power from everyone he met. Luke also learned under the Emperor and used the Emperor's library

Fishy
Exar might have a pretty good chance against NJO Luke... But if he can beat him, it would take a very long time. Mace would already have joined Luke by then and they would have killed Exar together.

And Mace would win from Dooku, the last time he fought Dooku was at the very least 13 years ago. Since then all Dooku did was learn more of the Dark Side not of his form because he already mastered it. Mace did not perfect his form he never did, he still learned a lot in those 13 years. His control of the force isn't bad either so Dooku wouldn't be able to beat him by just using the force. Mace would take out Dooku before Exar beats Luke or vice versa.

Emperor Revan
Yep, I agree with Fishy except I don't think Exar could come really close to beating NJO Luke. Exar could hold his own and have a small chance of winning but not much. Exar's way too arrogant. Even as a spirit he thought no one could possibly beat him.

Fishy
He had his reasons for that, he knew nobody could beat him when he was alive. Why would they be able to do so if he was dead?

Emperor Revan
The guy was like Anakin Skywalker, thinking his will is how everything should be. He wasn't like the Emperor who would keep his cool, Exar was hotheaded and could easily be goaded into something stupid. Even IF Exar had more power than Luke, I really think Luke would outsmart him or simply demoralize him enough (like what the Exile did to Sion) that Luke would be able to win.

Fishy
Not really Anakin was a fool and had nothing to base it on, Exar had a lot of things to base it on. Still you might be right but it doesn't really matter now does it. Mace would have killed Dooku before Luke takes Exar or Exar takes Luke.

Emperor Revan
Well yeah, I guess it doesn't matter.

Great Vengeance
Darth_Glentract- I dont see anywhere on the page that says "vaapad is good against the darkside".

Emperor Revan-You underestimate kun, he has been said to be the the "embodiment of the darkside" and not only defeated his master vodo but also defeated odan-urr(1000 years old I believe) at ossus, the legendary jedi who made the jedi code. NJO luke is not even in the same league as kun in my opinion. And mace would not defeat dooku, the argument about "mace has learned more over the past 13 years" is useless as it is an opinion, the facts are we know dooku has defeated mace before, the dark side increases ones strength so dooku would be even more powerful and even if vaapad is good against the dark side which I havent seen any proof of, dooku is a master of form II which is good against other lightsaber wielders. Dooku wins his duel and I believe exar beats luke.

Emperor Revan
Darth_Glentract- I dont see anywhere on the page that says "vaapad is good against the darkside".

Emperor Revan-You underestimate kun, he has been said to be the the "embodiment of the darkside" and not only defeated his master vodo but also defeated odan-urr(1000 years old I believe) at ossus, the legendary jedi who made the jedi code. NJO luke is not even in the same league as kun in my opinion. And mace would not defeat dooku, the argument about "mace has learned more over the past 13 years" is useless as it is an opinion, the facts are we know dooku has defeated mace before, the dark side increases ones strength so dooku would be even more powerful and even if vaapad is good against the dark side which I havent seen any proof of, dooku is a master of form II which is good against other lightsaber wielders. Dooku wins his duel and I believe exar beats luke.

Like I said, I rate Kun right below Luke and it doesn't matter how old someone is, they're not necessarily very powerful. Luke beat the reborn clone Emperor and got much stronger since then. He hid an entire planet from view. And Kun being described as the "embodiment of the dark side" is nice but I'm sure people say that about Vader, Maul, and or Sidious too. Revan is said by Kreia to be power, the heart of the Force and NJO Luke can compete with Lord Revan.

And like I said before, Kun is extremely arrogant and lets it cloud his judgement. Luke is far more level headed and would simply win by outsmarting him if need be, IMO.

As for Mace losing to Dooku, that was 13 years ago. Dooku's an old man and even with the Dark Side, his power wouldn't have gone up that much. Surely Mace got stronger during 13 years. Look at the fights. Yoda is clearly beating Dooku, Dooku can't even come close to Yoda's skill really. Sidious (Dooku's master) fights Yoda and they're about equal in lightsaber combat. Mace was able to beat Sidious in lightsaber combat. Mace beat Sidious whom Yoda thought Obi-Wan couldn't beat so Yoda sent Obi after Anakin who had already defeated Dooku and gotten stronger since then.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Like I said, I rate Kun right below Luke and it doesn't matter how old someone is, they're not necessarily very powerful. Luke beat the reborn clone Emperor and got much stronger since then. He hid an entire planet from view. And Kun being described as the "embodiment of the dark side" is nice but I'm sure people say that about Vader, Maul, and or Sidious too. Revan is said by Kreia to be power, the heart of the Force and NJO Luke can compete with Lord Revan.

And like I said before, Kun is extremely arrogant and lets it cloud his judgement. Luke is far more level headed and would simply win by outsmarting him if need be, IMO.

As for Mace losing to Dooku, that was 13 years ago. Dooku's an old man and even with the Dark Side, his power wouldn't have gone up that much. Surely Mace got stronger during 13 years. Look at the fights. Yoda is clearly beating Dooku, Dooku can't even come close to Yoda's skill really. Sidious (Dooku's master) fights Yoda and they're about equal in lightsaber combat. Mace was able to beat Sidious in lightsaber combat. Mace beat Sidious whom Yoda thought Obi-Wan couldn't beat so Yoda sent Obi after Anakin who had already defeated Dooku and gotten stronger since then.

Anakin didnt defeat dooku, the book states he was to let him win this is canon. And the mace beating palpatine is very controversial with me believing palpatine was manipulating him to turn anakin. Besides mace is not stronger than yoda, in dark rendevous mace says this himself. And yoda was about equal to sidious as you said, so mace is definately not as strong as sidious. Anyway dooku and mace would be a very close fight but I still say dooku wins.

Emperor Revan
Dooku wasn't supposed to win but when Palp told Anakin to use his anger he overpowered Dooku and beat him. The mace fight is controversial but there's no proof that Palp was purposely losing so... And Yoda is about equal with Sidious slightly stronger though, but Mace is close to their power and I think Mace is a better duelist than Sidious so he won. Yoda didn't have as much time to fight as Mace did or he would've killed Sidious.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Dooku wasn't supposed to win but when Palp told Anakin to use his anger he overpowered Dooku and beat him. The mace fight is controversial but there's no proof that Palp was purposely losing so... And Yoda is about equal with Sidious slightly stronger though, but Mace is close to their power and I think Mace is a better duelist than Sidious so he won. Yoda didn't have as much time to fight as Mace did or he would've killed Sidious.

I say sidious is slightly stronger than yoda but there is no evidence of either one being stronger so it isnt arguable. About the dooku fight I dont recall palp saying "use your anger" but either way dooku was supposed to lose, it doesnt make sense that anakin would win anyways being that he lost to obi wan and obi wan was EASILY beaten by dooku twice.

Admiral Akbar
Intrepid, somewhat direct movements are used in combination with very advanced techniques involving Force-powered jumps and motions. Form VII does not appear as fancy as Form IV, but the technical details of it use very open movements resulting in a very unpredictable battle style.

Form VII demands the emotional and physical intensity of Form V, but it much more effectively controls it (if mastered). Form VII, when fully mastered, results in extraordinary power.

However, as Mace Windu remarks in Episode III, Vaapad borders on the edge of falling to the Dark Side, as it channels one's anger and darkness into the attack. Only Windu's mastery and concentration of the Light prevents him from succumbing, which is why Vaapad is rarely practiced and very dangerous.

Admiral Akbar
Mace had mastered it and also created it, so if you think anakin is strong becuase his powers channel through his anger, imagince mace windu, with 20 years of experience. He could definetly take sidious down 1v1 and would waste anakin. Somewhere on another site it said that the angrier a sith or a drak jedi gets(versing mace) the worse it is for them. because mace would use all that anger and channeled powers against them.

read shatterpoint, gives you the insight about mace windu.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Mace had mastered it and also created it, so if you think anakin is strong becuase his powers channel through his anger, imagince mace windu, with 20 years of experience. He could definetly take sidious down 1v1 and would waste anakin. Somewhere on another site it said that the angrier a sith or a drak jedi gets(versing mace) the worse it is for them. because mace would use all that anger and channeled powers against them.

read shatterpoint, gives you the insight about mace windu.

I havent yet read shatterpoint but I plan to based upon all the good things I here about it. About the strong against dark side thing, dookus form is good against other lightsaber wielders therefore both advantages cancel eachother out.

Nai Fohl
First off...why do people even argue, NJO Luke could be beaten by Exar. NJO Luke is about 50 or 80 % full developed Anakin "Chosen One" Skywalker. He could create black holes with the force, he could destroy entire armies...hell when he fights (with 2 lightsabers) he looks like wielding 20 lightsabers at once. What should Exar do against that sheer power ? And remember that NJO Luke (TUF) is using light side AND dark side powers. Exar Kun is a great lightsaber fighter and realy powerful but in this case he might go down before even knowing what did hit him.

Mace vs Dooku is another thing. It is said that their last fight was in TPM times, a practice match and Mace fought Dooku into a stalemate. That would be 15 years for Mace to develop his Vaapad further while Dooku would only grow older and learn some new dark side powers that Mace could easily block (he could block Sidious force attacks). Mace would win against Dooku.

Even if you do it the other way around. Mace could give Exar a run for his money with a 50 % chance winning. NJO Luke would simply kill Dooku very fast and then help Mace with Exar.

So I'd say the Jedi both will come out of that fight alive.

General Zodiac
I heard Dooku defeated Mace in their match. And that gives Dooku time to perfect his already deadly form II style.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
First off...why do people even argue, NJO Luke could be beaten by Exar. NJO Luke is about 50 or 80 % full developed Anakin "Chosen One" Skywalker. He could create black holes with the force, he could destroy entire armies...hell when he fights (with 2 lightsabers) he looks like wielding 20 lightsabers at once. What should Exar do against that sheer power ? And remember that NJO Luke (TUF) is using light side AND dark side powers. Exar Kun is a great lightsaber fighter and realy powerful but in this case he might go down before even knowing what did hit him.

Mace vs Dooku is another thing. It is said that their last fight was in TPM times, a practice match and Mace fought Dooku into a stalemate. That would be 15 years for Mace to develop his Vaapad further while Dooku would only grow older and learn some new dark side powers that Mace could easily block (he could block Sidious force attacks). Mace would win against Dooku.

Even if you do it the other way around. Mace could give Exar a run for his money with a 50 % chance winning. NJO Luke would simply kill Dooku very fast and then help Mace with Exar.

So I'd say the Jedi both will come out of that fight alive.

Well said Nai Fohl. I don't know how well Mace would fight Exar though, Exar's IMO more powerful but also very arrogant, so I suppose he could outsmart him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.