Yoda or Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

benskywalker88
Who do you think's more powerful out of Yoda and Sidious?

DeVi| D0do
Are you serious?

DenKi
D0do, just shut up and enjoy life, ur always depressed..

DarkYoda
Yoda without a doubt!! It seems the fates were stacked against him in Episode 3 though. sad

jango fat
Sidious

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by DenKi
Shut up. I'm not depressed. You suck. Stop making fun of me! sad cry crybaby

I do enjoy life. Just not so much when I'm at KMC. Well, that's not true... the other forums here are good...

Anyway, I'm more powerful than both Yoda and Sidious. Soon I will unleash my wrath upon the world and you'll see! devil

Ast Rofan
You do seem to be a very down person Dodo, sorry. sad

But in Dodo's defense, are you serious?

DeVi| D0do
If I come off as being down then you're getting the wrong impression... and well, I really don't care what you people think of me anyway! stick out tongue

Pointing out the bad in things is just so much more fun than praising the good. big grin

jango fat
Yeah, ur right

DenKi
D0do's a heavy drinker

DeVi| D0do
D0do's a heavy drinker
I'm not arguing with that...

beer

General Zodiac
I'd say Sidious. He's smarter then Yoda and uses the terrian to his edge and outsmarts him. Power just doesn't come from strength alone.

Vanquish
Yoda hands down. Only the enviroment of the duel, and a very unlucky fall on Yoda's part saved palp's ass.

The only thing Palps is better then Yoda at is deception, and of course that's true becuase yoda hasen't spent 1 second of his life even trying to decieve anyone.

But force powers, saber dueling, inteligence, combat, and coolness, Yoda takes them all.

benskywalker88
The only thing Palps is better then Yoda at is deception, and of course that's true becuase yoda hasen't spent 1 second of his life even trying to decieve anyone.

Actually that's not true! Yoda deceives Luke in ESB by not reveiling his identity straight away and also the cut scene from ROTS where he covers himself in mud to confuse the Clonetroopers, so Yoda has had his fare share of deception as well as Sidious!

Vanquish
I should have said outward manipulation smile

Deception in the ways you are talking is a part of everyones life, including Jedi's of course. They are stealth warriors, they know how to conceal themselves and deceive if necessary like Qui Gon did to get anakin, and as you say Yoda did to Luke. That kind of deception is obviously not what I was referring too.

Man, it would take a novel in every post to idiot proof them...

JKozzy
Originally posted by benskywalker88

Actually that's not true! Yoda deceives Luke in ESB by not reveiling his identity straight away and also the cut scene from ROTS where he covers himself in mud to confuse the Clonetroopers, so Yoda has had his fare share of deception as well as Sidious! A) He didn't deceive him, he was 'taking him to Yoda', which he did. From a certain point of view.

B) A cut scene, meaning it doesn't exist.

And even if you count those two times as 'deception', you cannot say that that's a 'fair share' in comparing to Sidious, by any means.

R2D2-89
id like to say yoda becuse hes just awesome, but in episode 3 wen sidious and yoda fight sidious force slams yoda and knocks him to the ground aand wen theyr throwing those round disks at each other yoda needs to concentrate alot to levetate them whereas sidious doesnt, also in the end yoda is defeated and goes into exile which pretty much sums it..

Eleonora
Yoda,
also because Sidious is a d***head mad and that laugh is so annoying AAHEHE wtf?

Vanquish
Neither one was defeated. Yoda got the worse end of the fall, and was too far out of the duel to get back there before the clone troopers got there. He even heard them man, it's clear in the movie. Also, palps throws the senate pods DOWN, using gravity. Yoda takes one, stops it, spins it, and throws it back UP to palps. Didn't you see the look on palps face when he did that? He was even surprised himself at yoda's power. No different then when Dooku made the ceiling fall on Anakin and Obi wan in AOTC and Yoda had to use a lot of force strength to stop it. More then Dooku did to release it. Does that mean Dooku's force power is more then Yoda too? No it's gravity man...

Also check out his face when yoda force throws him over his chair into the wall. Palps was in total shock that yoda was actually as strong as he was.

The duel was a draw. The argument is who you think is stronger. But the duel was a draw on screen. That's why there is room to debate it...

((The_Anomaly))
Sids is stronger.

but its pretty close, close enough for thier fight to be a draw pretty much (though Yoda lost)

plus as R2-D2-89 pointed out, did you see how much yoda had to concentrate to levitate that pod. sids was just throwing them like nothing. (and no sids was not fighting him for the pod, he let yoda catch it, then proceeded to laugh at him when he did)

although it seems that Yoda's lightning deflection abilities are quite impressive.

Captain REX
I vote Yoda. I should have liked to see Yoda fight Sidious after he adopted Qui-Gon's views of the Force, dunno might have made him more powerful...

DarkYoda
These types of things are not absolute though... any given day one of these two could be stronger than the other. If Sidious had fought on Yoda's terms things might have turned out differently... and remember, Yoda was having to hurl the senate pods UP at Sidious, Sidious was basically just letting them fall. It's a lot harder to lift than to toss down when gravity is on your side. wink

Captain REX
Good point. laughing out loud

Apex512
Yoda, Sids is pretty sad for trying to beat up on a 2'2", 800 year old handicapped.

DarkYoda
How tall is Yoda? 3 foot maybe?

Apex512
2'2"(.66m) exactly

mysterio69
yoda. he just had a bad day when he fought palpy. that's all.

jabbar
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Are you serious?

dodo is a dick

jabbar
I'm not arguing with that...

beer

Some other guy: Dodo, you are a dick
Dodo: What did you call *hick* me? Come over-reeear and sayit tomy FACE!
Some otehr guy: Shut up dodo!
Dodo: I am the *hick* most powerful *burp* sith in the --uuuuuniverse! None shall shtand inmooi way *hick*

DarkYoda
What brought this on? confused

DeVi| D0do
Cool. I have the reputation of being a dick. Just what I always wanted!

cheers

jabbar
Originally posted by DarkYoda
What brought this on? confused

Err...why are you looking from side to side? confused

jabbar
Cool. I have the reputation of being a dick. Just what I always wanted!

cheers

Yeah, you are a major dick. I'm glad you appreciate the sentiment smile

DeVi| D0do
Really, only Major Dick? How long before I earn the rank of Colonel Dick?

Ast Rofan
Really, only Major Dick? How long before I earn the rank of Colonel Dick?

Guess that explains why you always stand at attention. eek! eek! eek!

DeVi| D0do
eek! laughing

General Zodiac
Originally posted by jabbar
Yeah, you are a major dick. I'm glad you appreciate the sentiment smile

Here's to you!
beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Ast Rofan
If being right makes you dick, I would call that a fair trade off.

((The_Anomaly))
i agree that on another day it would have gone different most likely. they are equal, and even in a fight of equals someone has to lose. unfortunately Yoda lost when it really mattered.

matreid
Originally posted by General Zodiac
I'd say Sidious. He's smarter then Yoda and uses the terrian to his edge and outsmarts him. Power just doesn't come from strength alone.

hysterical

no

DeVi| D0do
Zodiac is right... Palpatine got the 'high ground' and used it to his advantage.

DarkYoda
When did Zodiac say that? confused

DeVi| D0do
Zodiac said "He's smarter then Yoda and uses the terrian to his edge and outsmarts him" and I agree...

Originally posted by General Zodiac

DarkYoda
So do I... wink

These types of things are not absolute though... any given day one of these two could be stronger than the other. If Sidious had fought on Yoda's terms things might have turned out differently... and remember, Yoda was having to hurl the senate pods UP at Sidious, Sidious was basically just letting them fall. It's a lot harder to lift than to toss down when gravity is on your side. wink

DeVi| D0do
I absolutely agree... and I've said practically the same thing in countless other threads on the same subject. big grin

dflood
in a different environment yoda would have beaten him imo

((The_Anomaly))
wtf, environment?

i think you guys just LIKE to think Yoda was stronger.

they are equal. enough said. could have gone either way.

had they been in a friggin blue milk bar palps would go outside and throw cars at yoda, i mean common. in the forest he would have thrown trees at him. on and on and on. makes no difference.

point is that they are pretty much equal and yoda got owned when it counted.

if so powerful yoda is, then why not fight him again?

and yea "clone troopers" etc. im pretty sure Yoda could sneak into palps chambers had he really wanted too again.

he said it himself "failed I have"

Vanquish
First, enviroment certainly does matter in duels. Especially when they are both so adept at using the enviroment. Do you really think palps would win a duel if they were in a cealed, empty room with no exits? Please, even the most die hard Sith fan would agree that yoda is a superior saber dueler. FIghting in palps "turf" so to speak was a big advantage for him. He got the higher ground, and used it to his advantage, which saved him from getting owned. If they would have fought in the jedi council room, Yoda would have won. Degobah, yoda wins. Other enviroments, palps wins. Enviroment is VERY important.

Secondly, saying "he failed" is in no way an admission of a loss, or that he is weaker. It simply means he failed to kill palps. He knew he had one chance, and ONE CHANCE ONLY to kill him. Palps is too smart, and frankly, too much of a pussy to allow another one on one fight with Yoda. He would forver surround himself with guards to make sure he is never in that vulnerable position again. No, Yoda had one chance, and he failed. But that comment DOES NOT mean he lost the duel, or that he is weaker.

Man I wish that line was never in the movie. It gives too many people an excuse to misinterpret what he was actually saying, and just go with the pea brain answer of, Yoda said it himself, he failed. Pshh... simple english my friend. Since when does failure mean weaker?

dflood
Originally posted by Vanquish
First, enviroment certainly does matter in duels. Especially when they are both so adept at using the enviroment. Do you really think palps would win a duel if they were in a cealed, empty room with no exits? Please, even the most die hard Sith fan would agree that yoda is a superior saber dueler. FIghting in palps "turf" so to speak was a big advantage for him. He got the higher ground, and used it to his advantage, which saved him from getting owned. If they would have fought in the jedi council room, Yoda would have won. Degobah, yoda wins. Other enviroments, palps wins. Enviroment is VERY important.

Secondly, saying "he failed" is in no way an admission of a loss, or that he is weaker. It simply means he failed to kill palps. He knew he had one chance, and ONE CHANCE ONLY to kill him. Palps is too smart, and frankly, too much of a pussy to allow another one on one fight with Yoda. He would forver surround himself with guards to make sure he is never in that vulnerable position again. No, Yoda had one chance, and he failed. But that comment DOES NOT mean he lost the duel, or that he is weaker.

Man I wish that line was never in the movie. It gives too many people an excuse to misinterpret what he was actually saying, and just go with the pea brain answer of, Yoda said it himself, he failed. Pshh... simple english my friend. Since when does failure mean weaker?

man ,you have just stole the show ......my opinion exactly

great reply

((The_Anomaly))
First, environment certainly does matter in duels. Especially when they are both so adept at using the environment. Do you really think palps would win a duel if they were in a cealed, empty room with no exits? Please, even the most die hard Sith fan would agree that yoda is a superior saber dueler. FIghting in palps "turf" so to speak was a big advantage for him. He got the higher ground, and used it to his advantage, which saved him from getting owned. If they would have fought in the jedi council room, Yoda would have won. Degobah, yoda wins. Other enviroments, palps wins. environment is VERY important.

Man I wish that line was never in the movie. It gives too many people an excuse to misinterpret what he was actually saying, and just go with the pea brain answer of, Yoda said it himself, he failed. Pshh... simple English my friend. Since when does failure mean weaker?

First, Yoda lost.

second, environment does matter i know, my point is that it makes no difference where they fight. Palps will use the environment to his advantage anyways. like i said, jedi council chamber. he throws chairs at yoda, or breaks the glass and throws sharp pieces of glass at him etc. etc. dagobah, throws trees at him or rocks. whatever.

ummm, just wondering if YOU speak basic English? cause when someone says "i failed" then they did not succeed. lol... meaning! Yoda lost. he admitted to losing. because, thats what he said.

as for the "once chance" thing, i dont buy it. Like i said, im pretty sure if Yoda had wanted too he could get to palpatine. i mean if Obi-wan can maneuver around the death star completely unnoticed by legions of storm troopers then im pretty sure yoda could get to palps had he really wanted too. but he didnt, cause he knew he might not win, because he FAILED last time they fought.

as for palps being a pussy, whatever, he beat Yoda, enough said. plus, as you said, he is smart. why would he want to fight someone who is probably his equal?

for fear of losing. its the same reason Yoda doesn't try again.

fear of losing power.

they are equal, and no matter what you or anyone says, Yoda lost when it counted. its like saying George Forman vs Muhammad Ali for the championship of the world. Forman was "better" then Ali at the time, but Ali beat him. Any other day the fight could have gone either way. but on the day when it mattered, Ali won the championship.

same goes with Yoda and Palps, in effect, Palps won the Championship sort of speak.

so who really is better?

the one who has a damn good chance of winning any other day? or the one who wins when everything is on the line?

i'll leave that to you to decide.

General Zodiac
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
First, Yoda lost.

second, environment does matter i know, my point is that it makes no difference where they fight. Palps will use the environment to his advantage anyways. like i said, jedi council chamber. he throws chairs at yoda, or breaks the glass and throws sharp pieces of glass at him etc. etc. dagobah, throws trees at him or rocks. whatever.

ummm, just wondering if YOU speak basic English? cause when someone says "i failed" then they did not succeed. lol... meaning! Yoda lost. he admitted to losing. because, thats what he said.

as for the "once chance" thing, i dont buy it. Like i said, im pretty sure if Yoda had wanted too he could get to palpatine. i mean if Obi-wan can maneuver around the death star completely unnoticed by legions of storm troopers then im pretty sure yoda could get to palps had he really wanted too. but he didnt, cause he knew he might not win, because he FAILED last time they fought.

as for palps being a pussy, whatever, he beat Yoda, enough said. plus, as you said, he is smart. why would he want to fight someone who is probably his equal?

for fear of losing. its the same reason Yoda doesn't try again.

fear of losing power.

they are equal, and no matter what you or anyone says, Yoda lost when it counted. its like saying George Forman vs Muhammad Ali for the championship of the world. Forman was "better" then Ali at the time, but Ali beat him. Any other day the fight could have gone either way. but on the day when it mattered, Ali won the championship.

same goes with Yoda and Palps, in effect, Palps won the Championship sort of speak.

so who really is better?

the one who has a damn good chance of winning any other day? or the one who wins when everything is on the line?

i'll leave that to you to decide.

yes

Vanquish
I don't mean to ruin the movie for you Anomaly in case you haven't seen it yet, but YODA LIVES ALSO !!! How do you justify your line of thinking? Yoda lost because he didn't kill palps? Hmmm.. .go watch the movie again before blatently contradicting yourself ok. Yoda didn't win or lose, and Palps didn't win or lose. The duel was a draw. Both fighters did well, AND BOTH LIVED !!! The thread isn't about who won the fight, because neither did. The thread is more about who you think is the stronger of the two. Who is more powerful basically, using the fight as a framework to justify it. But to say that Palps won and Yoda lost because he says "failed have I" is just plain dumb. The word failed, in no way implies a loss. I just don't know what part of english is eluding you, but I can't make it any more clear then that.

Secondly, you say that palps would use the enviroment to his advantage wherever they fight? I don't know where you are getting that, since the movie obviously pointed out that Yoda's force powers are also very powerful. He force pushed Palps into the wall, making him scurry to get up and try to flee the battle. Then Yoda tossed one of the senate pods BACK UP at palps against gravity, which obviously impressed the hell out of palps, given that look he gave him when he did it. Lastly, palps best weapon, his force lightning, was tossed back in his face.

Again, go watch the movie, and you will see for yourself that palps was shocked as hell at Yoda's power during the whole duel. He was better with his saber, CLEARLY, and he was at least palps equal in force powers. The force push, the dodging and tossing back the senate pods up against gravity, and the blocking the lightning WITH HIS BARE HANDS and tossing it back in palps face.

Yoda clearly displayed that palps could never kill him. He threw everything he had, and Yoda just threw it right back at him. Just as Yoda was starting to go on the offensive, he took the worse end of a fall that took him out of the duel. Bad luck? Yes. Did he lose? No. Does his comment about him failing mean he admits he lost? NO!!! It just means he failed to kill palps, which he did. But palps FAILED ALSO.

Vanquish
Continued from above...

And also, don't forget that Palps certainly didn't chase after Yoda when he fell. You say that because Yoda didn't try to go find him again, that is proof that he lost? Palps asked his fuking troopers to go find Yoda for him. Isn't that an admission that he needed all the help he could get? Please... Palps clearly showed during the duel, and after the duel, that he wanted no part of a rematch with Yoda.

Yes it's true that Yoda didn't persue Palps again, but at least he has a good reason. Being that palps has the entire empire protecting him. Yoda has... himself only. You can hardly fault the guy for not persuing someone who he knows he would never even get close to again without having to fight an army.

And NO, Obi wan didn't sneak around palps own ship and get in the same room with him. Sneaking around grevious's ship is entirely different then sneaking onto Palps ship, and finding him alone in his room to fight. Give me a fuking break dude. Vader sensed Obi wan when he wasen't even on the ship yet. Don't you think Palps would be able to sense Yoda is close, and he would have surrounded himself with guards?

benskywalker88
If a Moderator sees this can you please edit the poll to include the option of 'equal' as this has been seen to be the opinion of some ppl smile

Vanquish
Equal is no fun sad

dflood
yoda is better than sidious end of story ,,,,,i could go on more but vanquish has already stunned everyone with everything i cud possibly say

black-russian
Sids is stronger.

but its pretty close, close enough for thier fight to be a draw pretty much (though Yoda lost)

plus as R2-D2-89 pointed out, did you see how much yoda had to concentrate to levitate that pod. sids was just throwing them like nothing. (and no sids was not fighting him for the pod, he let yoda catch it, then proceeded to laugh at him when he did)

although it seems that Yoda's lightning deflection abilities are quite impressive.

You clearly have a visual impedement. Yoda is more powerful than sideous, watch the movie again and this type pay close attention.

DeVi| D0do
Sidious beat Yoda.

Apex512
Yes he did, but Yoda's still stronger. stick out tongue

Vanquish
Palps didn't beat Yoda any more then Yoda beat palps. What part of it was a draw and BOTH lived are people not understanding.

Draw Draw Draw... no clear winner... Draw

Vanquish
Draw smile

DeVi| D0do
When you walk away from a game, the other team wins by default. Yoda ran, Sidious won by default.

Now that's just a technicality. In terms of power, I believe they are pretty much equal...

DarkYoda
By those terms, Yoda did beat Sidious once because Palps tried to run away after Yoda unleashed that green holy hell of a force push on him!

DeVi| D0do
He tried to run, but he was stopped and stayed to fight. He only tried to run cause he couldn't be arsed to kick the little frogs butt himself...

DarkYoda
Everyone has to know that this was an intentional design of Lucas... so that fanboys can debate this for the rest of eternity.

Vanquish
Using your analogy of a game. If a team is losing, and they get everyone they know to help them, don't they also lose by default?

After Yoda took his fall, palps had the troopers search for Yoda. Palps didn't do anything himself except call for back up. He didn't want to fight Yoda and that was clear. He wanted the clones to do what he couldn't, just like order 66.

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine is too badass to do the dirty work himself stick out tongue

I get what you're saying... without the troopers the fight may have gone on. Palpatine's 'victory' was part luck - when the two of them go flying away from eachother after their lightning fight the are thrown back equal ammounts. Yoda was standing on the edge of the pod causing him to be thrown off the pod to the ground. Palpatine was able to grab a rail. But Palpatine was able to do this because he had gained the 'high ground' (something we don't see him doing in the film) which meant Yoda had to jump up at Palps where he was ready to attack...

((The_Anomaly))

DarkYoda
Holy crap!!! I'm not going to read that...

It's a freakin' novel! laughing

((The_Anomaly))
Holy crap!!! I'm not going to read that...

It's a freakin' novel! laughing

stick out tongue yes probably my longest post ever

rolling on floor laughing

My real plan was to make SUCH a long post that no one respond to it!

palpatine tactics of my own!

muhaahahahhahahahahaa evil face

((The_Anomaly))
In case my stance on this issue has become hazy its that Yoda and Palpatine are equal.

just Yoda lost when it counted.

stick out tongue

Apex512
I read it and its a good argument, but I don't think Yoda was afraid of losing to Sids if they fought again. I just think he thought I failed and I'm not getting any stronger so I will just bide my time and wait for the future to reveal itself. They are pretty equal but I consider Yoda just a little stronger during their fight (maybe just because I'm biased, but oh well)

Vanquish
Yup not reading that, but i'm sure it's full of misquoting me, and twisted logic. Full of "facts" that aren't facts, and somehow a dictionary definition to prove that failure means he admitted defeat. Who knows, who cares.

My thoughts on the whole thing are clear. Yoda and palps fought to an even draw, but Yoda over a longer duel would win because he is slightly stronger in force, and definitely stronger in saber fighting. In a rematch Yoda would probably kill palps, but a rematch is impossible because Palps has the entire empire protecting him, making sure that could never happen.

Can someone read that rediculous post up there by anomaly, and publish some cliff notes for it? smile

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Apex512
I read it and its a good argument, but I don't think Yoda was afraid of losing to Sids if they fought again. I just think he thought I failed and I'm not getting any stronger so I will just bide my time and wait for the future to reveal itself. They are pretty equal but I consider Yoda just a little stronger during their fight (maybe just because I'm biased, but oh well)

Well everyone is a little bias, to be honest im bias the other way towards palpatine.

since he is my fav character.

I "like" to think that palps could beat Yoda, but to be honest its hard to say.

my point is that Yoda is not stronger. but palps is not necessarily stronger either.

the only thing, as i said, that we can induce from the fight is that since neither is dead, then they are equal in ability. but palps still won the battle.

but eventually he lost the war wink

((The_Anomaly))
Yup not reading that, but i'm sure it's full of misquoting me, and twisted logic. Full of "facts" that aren't facts, and somehow a dictionary definition to prove that failure means he admitted defeat. Who knows, who cares.

My thoughts on the whole thing are clear. Yoda and palps fought to an even draw, but Yoda over a longer duel would win because he is slightly stronger in force, and definitely stronger in saber fighting. In a rematch Yoda would probably kill palps, but a rematch is impossible because Palps has the entire empire protecting him, making sure that could never happen.

Can someone read that rediculous post up there by anomaly, and publish some cliff notes for it? smile

humm, well arnt you good at assuming things....

and here i go take the time to prove point by point why you are wrong.

oh well...

LordSorgo
Yoda, hands down. Bottom line. Closed Case.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Yoda, hands down. Bottom line. Closed Case.

not really...

wink

Vanquish
Ya sorry bout that. You did take some time to write all that and I guess I could at least take the time to read it, but come on man, it's a fuking novel, what do you expect? Plus, neither you or me will ever be convinced of the others point so it's really time to just agree to disagree.

Yoda all the way, even though the duel was a draw, I feel Yoda is slightly stronger in force and better with a saber. But that's just my opinion I suppose (backed up by everything we saw in the movie). Oh damn, i've gone and done it again... smile

((The_Anomaly))
"you will find that many of the truths we cling too depend greatly upon our own point of view"

LordSorgo
Yoda would use force shrink and turn Sidious to Yodas size. Sidious' old frail body would not be able to handle it and he would cry and fall into a Sarlacc pit that suddenly appears beneath his feet.

Case closed.

Darth Somebody
Yoda hands down. Only the enviroment of the duel, and a very unlucky fall on Yoda's part saved palp's ass.

But force powers, saber dueling, inteligence, combat, and coolness, Yoda takes them all.

Force Powers: Hmmm. Nope. Yoda's NOT superior. He is only in defensive Force powers. Offensively, he gets his ass kicked. Generally, it has been widely stated that Palpatine's Force perception is far greater than Yoda's.

Saber Dueling: Yep. I agree. He is better. But NOT by much. He'd never own Palpatine, that's for sure.

Intelligence: Hell no. No damn contest. Yoda gets owned in this department.

Combat: Yoda's a warrior. Palpatine's a manipulator. I do hope Yoda is superior.

Coolness: I like 'em both.

Emperor
Sidious is more Powerful period.

jango fat
Yeah, Sidious all the way dude

jango fat

muserke
wtf?

Anyways, I think Yoda is better. Sidious got him by luck.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by muserke
wtf?

Anyways, I think Yoda is better. Sidious got him by luck.

I Agree.

jango fat
Watch the movie again. I did this morning. Sidious blocks all Yoda attacks, he's as fast as yoda, he can jump around as yoda (Maceduel) He throws like 5 pods with the greatest ease, yoda has to turn them around 3 times to be able to throw the pod and Sidious does it with a handwave, Sidious gets Yoda once with force lightning. (Ok, Yoda force pushes Sidious) and when yoda reflects the force lmightning, he throws himself down. AND WHO RUNS AWAY? Yoda or Sidious?

Vanquish
You tell me what's easier ok. Throwing a piano OUT of a 5 story window and down to the street, or throwing that same piano BACK UP INTO the 5 story window from the ground? Do you understand what gravity is? Palps had the high ground, meaning he only had to slide the pods and get them moving to throw them at Yoda because he was throwing them down. Yoda had to stop it against gravity, and throw it back up at palps. If Yoda was standing where palps was, he would also be able to throw 4 or 5 at once, and palps would struggle to toss back just one.

Didn't you see AOTC? Dooku made the roof fall down on Anakin and Obi wan very easily, but Yoda had to put his saber away and use a lot of force power to stop it from falling on them. Are you saying that Dooku's force powers are far superior to Yoda's also?

GRAVITY !!! it does exist in star wars you know.

BTW: Yoda was backing palps up in the saber fight the whole time, and palps quickly exited from the saber battle and made it a battle of force powers. He goes to his strengths which is force power, and avoids his weakness which is saber combat. Yoda was superior with saber, thats why palps wanted no part of a saber fight. That's why, in a sealed closed empty room, Yoda owns palps.

jango fat
Ah, Yoda fans. But ur right with that gravity thing. But watch ROTS again u'll see Sidious is better with da lightsaber

Vanquish
I could watch it a hundred times, and it won't change the fact that Yoda is a better swordsmen then Palps. I never said palps is bad. He obviously disposed of those other 3 Jedi's pretty fast, but he isn't on Yoda's level. Yoda is on a level completely his own when it comes to saber combat. Nobody can touch him. Look at AOTC and ROTS, he barely even bothers to block in them. Nobody even came remotely close to threatening a hit, so he doesn't even have to block. He can simply move away from the hits. He is the best swordsmen in the galaxy. Has been for about 800 years...

Bicnarok

Vanquish
Even though it's been said a million times before, I'll say it again for the reading impaired. Yoda didn't run from the duel, he clearly got unlucky there. He tossed palps lightning right back at him with his bare hand and they both got sent flying backwards. Palps was just lucky that when he fell, there was something to fall on. Yoda didn't have that, and he fell. After he fell, it was too far to get back to palps quickly. He would have had to climb all the way back up there, or go find an elevator to get back there. Also, he knew there were stromtroopers up there now, so even if it was possible to climb his way back up to fight more, he would have had to fight clone troopers and palps at the same time. Hardly fair, considering Yoda knows that palps is at least close to him in power, if not equals. Yoda isn't stupid. He wouldn't commit suicide for no reason. He made a decision to leave and train someone else who will eventually be in position to finish the job.

But he certainly didn't "run" from the duel. If anything, palps has a default LOSS in the duel because he was the one that called for back up. The second he asked his troopers for help, I feel he is admitting that he can't beat Yoda by himself. So who really lost? The one that fought the whole time on his own, or the one that needed his clone troopers to help him in the end?

jango fat
He ran away in the sewers

Darth_Rankkor
Troopers arrive 5346465464615864641614 billions years AFTER yoda ran. And WHERE do you see palp calling for the clones? So much you can imagine that the fat blue guy call them but you can't be sure of that also. Yes, yoda did the right thing. Live to fight another day, but yes he DID run away. He could have been killed but not by the troopers. There were six troopers on the pod. informing sidious that they didn't find yoda. Do you think that those 6 were a match or even last long enough with yoda?

jango fat
Never underestimate the power of the dark side

Vanquish
The point is, the troopers had been alerted and sent to find Yoda. It doesn't matter that we only saw 6. Logic tells us that there are many many more in other rooms, on other levels, scowering the area trying to find him. Do you really think they had to show all the troopers so we could count how many there were? I think it's enough to just show the number that they did, and palps saying find him. That shows that the duel is now not one on one anymore, and couldn't be one on one anymore.

Also, yes Yoda could probably take out several clone troopers and an opponent with a saber at the same time. But palps isn't just any opponent. In order for Yoda to beat palps, he would have to focus 100% on him. If Yoda went back and fought palps and a dozen or so troopers at the same time, palps would have used that to his advantage and he would have won. Yoda is slightly stronger, but it has to be one on one for him to win the fight. And at that point, one on one was impossible. So Yoda left.

He didn't run, he didn't flee, he wasen't scared. He simply made a choice not to fight an uneven battle and die. He made the right choice and because of that choice, the jedi's win the war in the end. Yoda is the man... Someone like Windu probably would have made the stupid choice, and would have died. Yoda is the wisest and strongest of the Jedi's, and he proved it right there.

Apex512
The point is, the troopers had been alerted and sent to find Yoda. It doesn't matter that we only saw 6. Logic tells us that there are many many more in other rooms, on other levels, scowering the area trying to find him. Do you really think they had to show all the troopers so we could count how many there were? I think it's enough to just show the number that they did, and palps saying find him. That shows that the duel is now not one on one anymore, and couldn't be one on one anymore.

Also, yes Yoda could probably take out several clone troopers and an opponent with a saber at the same time. But palps isn't just any opponent. In order for Yoda to beat palps, he would have to focus 100% on him. If Yoda went back and fought palps and a dozen or so troopers at the same time, palps would have used that to his advantage and he would have won. Yoda is slightly stronger, but it has to be one on one for him to win the fight. And at that point, one on one was impossible. So Yoda left.

He didn't run, he didn't flee, he wasen't scared. He simply made a choice not to fight an uneven battle and die. He made the right choice and because of that choice, the jedi's win the war in the end. Yoda is the man... Someone like Windu probably would have made the stupid choice, and would have died. Yoda is the wisest and strongest of the Jedi's, and he proved it right there.

I agree with this part except for the thing about Mace. Mace may be arrogant but hopefully he's not that stupid. Yoda also lost his lightsaber during the fight which would make it even harder for him to fight Sids again.

((The_Anomaly))
I could watch it a hundred times, and it won't change the fact that Yoda is a better swordsmen then Palps. I never said palps is bad. He obviously disposed of those other 3 Jedi's pretty fast, but he isn't on Yoda's level. Yoda is on a level completely his own when it comes to saber combat. Nobody can touch him. Look at AOTC and ROTS, he barely even bothers to block in them. Nobody even came remotely close to threatening a hit, so he doesn't even have to block. He can simply move away from the hits. He is the best swordsmen in the galaxy. Has been for about 800 years...

Im sorry, but i still dont get where you see that Yoda is that much better then sids in saber combat. the duel was even.

at no point did anyone give during thier saber duel.

now, we've had are differences about this issue, but you need to realise that yoda is not invincible.

just because you love Yoda so much doesn't make you right, nor does it allow you to use opinions based on nothing, as fact.

sorry man...

if Yoda was as good as you said, that much better then everyone else as you seem to think. Yoda would have beat palpatine and been done with it.

fact is, he didnt.

they are equal.

but Sids won the day. thats it.

((The_Anomaly))
Even though it's been said a million times before, I'll say it again for the reading impaired. Yoda didn't run from the duel, he clearly got unlucky there. He tossed palps lightning right back at him with his bare hand and they both got sent flying backwards. Palps was just lucky that when he fell, there was something to fall on. Yoda didn't have that, and he fell. After he fell, it was too far to get back to palps quickly. He would have had to climb all the way back up there, or go find an elevator to get back there. Also, he knew there were stromtroopers up there now, so even if it was possible to climb his way back up to fight more, he would have had to fight clone troopers and palps at the same time. Hardly fair, considering Yoda knows that palps is at least close to him in power, if not equals. Yoda isn't stupid. He wouldn't commit suicide for no reason. He made a decision to leave and train someone else who will eventually be in position to finish the job.

But he certainly didn't "run" from the duel. If anything, palps has a default LOSS in the duel because he was the one that called for back up. The second he asked his troopers for help, I feel he is admitting that he can't beat Yoda by himself. So who really lost? The one that fought the whole time on his own, or the one that needed his clone troopers to help him in the end?

Yet a barley trained padawan took on both sith at the same time...

Luke had balls, Yoda ran.

i have to say it again, blatant defending of something like the fact that Yoda ran, and saying he didnt, is just dumb...

he ran.... WE SEE HIM RUNNING AWAY

and for some reason palps calling for backup means he lost? wtf?

im pretty sure Yoda would have ran long before the clones got there, otherwise palps would have kept fighting.

YODA! LOST!

THAT IS ALL!

DeVi| D0do
It's no use, Anomally... some people just don't have the mental capacity to decipher what is blatantly and clearly shown on the screen.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Apex512
Anom, ((The Anomaly)), can I call you Anom really knows his stuff, but I still think Yoda is better, (probably because I'm biased, once again, oh well).

Darth Somebody
I took my friend to see Star Wars today. So, I'm refreshed in memory about the duel.

Yoda entered the office and incapacitated the Red Guard. He then engaged in banter with Palpatine. Palpatine then raised his hands and fired off a stream of Force lightning. Yoda quickly tried to block it, but was overpowered by Palpatine's attack. Yoda was sent flying, and hit the wall. He was then rendered temporarily unconscious.

Mas Amedda - who many people said called the Clones - left in NO hurry. You'd think that if it's like some people have said, if Mas went to go help his boss, he would've ran off to go call in support. He walked out of the room in no hurry to summon support. Palpatine lingered behind and gloated to Yoda. Yoda woke up, slowly got up, and then Force pushed Palpatine. Palpatine flew over his desk and was knocked over the chair.

Palpatine was already on his feet a few moments later, though he was surprised at Yoda's power and endurance. Now. Clearly we know Mas Amedda did NOT call the clones - as logic dictates. He left the room in a lethargic pace. Now. Clearly also, Yoda does not recover as easily as Palpatine does. The biggest factor of all is that Palpatine achieved his overall goal. Domination of the entire galaxy and the Sith supremecy. Yoda is very powerful. So if you were in Palpatine's shoes, why stay and duke it out with a powerful Jedi Master when you have finally achieved the goal you waited DECADES to put into motion.

Like Palpatine said at the Galaxies Opera. THOSE WHO GAIN POWER ARE AFRAID TO LOSE IT!!!! Palpatine is no exception. So he did what every other cowardly - yet powerful and manipulative dictator does. He tried to flee. Yoda blocked him.

Fishy has said that it was Palpatine looking to kill Yoda and not the other way around. There was only person with murderous intent at the time of this duel. And that would be Yoda. Yoda drew his lightsaber. Palpatine did the same after telling Yoda that "You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

They engaged in a lightsaber fight. Yoda was on the offensive, and Palpatine was on the defensive. Yet neither bested the other. NEITHER bested the OTHER. NEITHER. As in NONE of the two. But you could tell from the fight that Yoda was more confidant in this duel, as well as his experience in combat.

Palpatine led the fight back to the Senate podium. He and Yoda exchanged thrusts and parries - and continued to fight off one another's attacks. As the podium rose into the Senate chamber - Palpatine and Yoda leapt onto a few pods and continued to fight, and still, neither bested the other.

Palpatine then tried to throw various Senate pods at Yoda. He threw two and three at a time. Yoda managed to dodge all of these. But not with ease. Finally, using all of his power (you could see the effort on his face) Yoda repelled it back to Palpatine. Palpatine, in shock, didn't stop the pod, but jumped from it. Like Yoda did.

Yoda tried to follow and pulled out his lightsaber. Palpatine blasted it from his hands with a bout of lightning. Then Palpatine fired lightning more - in a current. He moved closer to Yoda, and Yoda moved back. The effort on Yoda's face - as well as Palpatine's - was pure evident. Palpatine's lightning was coming out in a high magnitude, and it strained him. Yoda was having a hell of a time holding the lightning at bay, and at first, looked more fatigued of the two.

Finally, Yoda used his strength and reflected it back at Palpatine. But the blast worked two ways. The blasted knocked Palpatine over the edge of the pod, but he managed to cling on. Yoda was sent flying (he weighed less and didn't control the lightning as Palpatine did) and flew farther. Weakened from the effort of repulsing Palpatine's lightning, his grip faltered and he fell.

Palpatine laughed - but was in a similar predicament - hanging from a ledge as well. Yoda knew that both he and Palpatine were too tired to combat the other - as well as the fact that the fall must have hurt him as well. So he fled the building. When he reached Bail Organa, he lamented on his failure.

"Failed, I have."

Whether he is admitting that he lost the fight is speculation. I believe it was that he failed to kill Palpatine. His overall goal. Palpatine would be better prepared if Yoda ever returned. Both fought to a standstill. Yoda survived and so did Palpatine. But Yoda's goals weren't reached whereas Palpatine's were.

Neither LOST. But Yoda failed. Again. This is not insulting him or saying he was weaker. But he himself said he failed.

There ya go. An unbiased walkthrough of the Palpatine vs Yoda duel.

((The_Anomaly))
Thank you, a much shorter, version of what I said earlier.

only I didnt do a walk through of the duel stick out tongue

anyways, we can debate all we want, as I said in my long but well thought out post before.

Yoda's Goal = Kill palpatine
Palpatines Goal = Kill Yoda (preferably)
To live so he can rule his new empire. (primary)

palpatine achieved his primary goal and Yoda did not. Yoda lost.

in respect to power, They are equal, in respect to saber combat, they are equal.

AND as I've said many times.

although they are equal, Palpatine won when it mattered, Yoda did not.

Emperor
You tell me what's easier ok. Throwing a piano OUT of a 5 story window and down to the street, or throwing that same piano BACK UP INTO the 5 story window from the ground? Do you understand what gravity is? Palps had the high ground, meaning he only had to slide the pods and get them moving to throw them at Yoda because he was throwing them down. Yoda had to stop it against gravity, and throw it back up at palps. If Yoda was standing where palps was, he would also be able to throw 4 or 5 at once, and palps would struggle to toss back just one.

You seem to neglect the fact that Sidious took 3 to 4 pods at the same time and rise them above him from under to shoot them shortly after. Thus he fight gravity too in the same way that Yoda. For the rest bable speculations from a fanboy.

Vanquish
I love the hippocracy in here. First off, devil dodo saying I don't have the mental capacity and blah blah. Dude, I could mentally destroy you in a heartbeat. I've read all your posts in the past several weeks, and come to the conclusion that you must be 12 years old. I GUARANTEE you i'm not the only one in the forum that thinks that also. In fact, if I concentrate hard enough, I can probably make your puny brain explode LOL. You are a joke on the forum, so please stfu when trying to insult someone who is obviously miles more inteligent then you. I never insulted any of you, so please do me the same courtesy. Peace DD.

And Anomaly, although I do agree that your opinions are valid, and some good points backing up what you think, what we have here is a simple disagreement. I don't get why you think you are 100% right, and that I am just a stupid fan boy with no facts to back up anything. All you have is an opinion, nothing more, just like me. Neither is RIGHT. We are simply debating because there aren't any facts about such things. Nobody knows the truth other the GL, and until he comes out and tells us all that palps is definitely stronger, i'm going to just trust what I saw in the movie, and what I feel to be true about star wars and the Jedi / Sith dynamic. There is no right and wrong in an argument WITH NO DEFINITIVE answer. Do you get that? There is no right and wrong when debating god, or abortion, or capital punishment, OR YODA AND PALPS' strength. It's just an interesting debate.

So if you want to continue with an inteligent debate, we can do that. I have several more points to make. But if you are just going to go with the primitive "you have no facts and are a stupid fanboy arguments" I won't bother. I'd rather save them for someone with the capacity to think beyond that.

Yoda is stronger smile

Darth_Rankkor
Thank you, a much shorter, version of what I said earlier.

only I didnt do a walk through of the duel stick out tongue

anyways, we can debate all we want, as I said in my long but well thought out post before.

Yoda's Goal = Kill palpatine
Palpatines Goal = Kill Yoda (preferably)
To live so he can rule his new empire. (primary)

palpatine achieved his primary goal and Yoda did not. Yoda lost.

in respect to power, They are equal, in respect to saber combat, they are equal.

AND as I've said many times.

although they are equal, Palpatine won when it mattered, Yoda did not.

Exactly. WHEN IT MATTERED. When I say that yoda loses and run off, I don't mean he's a coward. He just saw he couldn't go again for the same fight. He knew he was tired. He could imagine Sidious was too but, he couldn't be sure of that so he left the building. Sidious wins because he has everything he wanted. of course it would be better if every jedi were killed but, having just one or two lost in the galaxy it wouldn't matter. He wins because he achieved 80% of his goal (being the other 20% yoda and ben) yoda didn't achieved nothing and almost got killed in the process.

Vanquish
Oh i'm certainly not of the opinion that Yoda won the fight. He clearly did not. I am only saying that it was an even draw because they both lived, and that I feel Yoda is stronger and would win a fight if it was longer. That's it. Him leaving the scene, and him saying he failed doesn't weigh at all into my opinion. I feel his leaving is perfectly justified, and is not the same as fleeing. And him saying he failed is justified, and not the same at all as him saying he lost.

Much like the Dooku and Yoda fight. It was a draw because they both lived. I don't see how anyone could say either of them "won" the fight. How did they win? They both lived, and neither one was hurt in the duel. I just happen to think that Yoda would kick Dooku's ass if the fight was longer, and that Yoda is clearly superior to Dooku.

Same as the Yoda / Palps fight. It was an even draw. They both lived, and neither one of them were hurt or tired in it. Yoda fell yes, but he's not hurt. He got hit with lightning, but it didn't effect him long term. Palps got blasted over his chair and into the wall, but it didn't effect him long term. I don't think either were hurt or tired at all.

The duel just simply ended prematurely. The debate I am having is who would win if it continued. I'm certainly not going to debate who won and lost because neither did.

BTW though, OF COURSE palps wanted to kill Yoda. Saying that wasen't his goal is absolutely rediculous. Actually, it is far more likely that palps wanted to kill Yoda far more then Yoda wanted to kill palps. Remember, Jedi's on the level of Yoda, don't kill unless they have to. Siths like palps kill for fun. Of course palps wanted Yoda dead, and he failed to do that. Does that mean he lost? no. Failure and losing aren't the same thing...

((The_Anomaly))
Ok, but you just are saying "yoda was obviously better then Palpatine with a saber"

and giving nothing to back it up, give me a point in thier fight or a moment where Yoda was definitively better then Im fine with it.

I give reasons and examples to everything I say, so In effect im more right because I give an example to an opinion I have to back it up.

and the fact is that nowhere during thier saber duel was either definitively better. so they are equal.

No, Palpatines PREFERRED goal was to kill Yoda. But his main goal was not to die. lol

and he didnt.

Saying Yoda wasn't there to kill palps is just well...stupid, what else was Yoda there to do.

he said himself "Destroy the sith, we must!" what else does that mean?

plus, he cant beat him then arrest him or something, its palps empire, arresting him wouldn't work too well.

Yoda was there to kill palpatine.

You cant argue that he was not.

((The_Anomaly))
I was just watching Eps III and noticed something with this fight that makes the "gravity" argument for Yoda pointless.

after palps throws the first wave of pods at yoda he lifts 3 pods around him, upwards much higher then he is (against gravity) with absolutly no difficulty whatsoever.

with 1 hand and what appears to be no effort he does what it took Yoda like 15 seconds to do, and yoda was only lifting 1 pod. palps was lifting 3 plus moving the one he was standing on.

intresting....

SithHappens
Someone call GL and we'll finally get this settled.

Moff jango
yeah george!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thread's served!!!!!!!!!! Come down!!!!!! Shut the star wars...... TREK...... WARS .......TREK...............OH YEAH it was star WARS ....................CRAP. Come down now. Your thread's gettin cold

mace wendu4
yoda is definently more powerful than sidious. the only reason sidious won the battle was because yoda gave up, even though he wasn't too tired. Plus, i think even mace wendu could have been a very hard opponent against sidious if they had another fair match.

DeVi| D0do
No.

Ast Rofan
No No

Darth Somebody
Wow...lol...and I thought Emperor Revan was bad...

yoda19
wv

ShaKoon

EXACTLY!!! d0do just shut up and stop being angry all the time!

DeVi| D0do
Stop being an idiot... oh wait... BANNED!

Stunrun
I gotta say Sidious - its my darkside instincthappy

Stunrun
Originally posted by ShaKoon
EXACTLY!!! d0do just shut up and stop being angry all the time!

hey, you leave my buddy Dodo alone!

Captain REX
No worries, I helped him on into the Netherrealm of the Banment. big grin

Dresta
they r equal

Captain REX
Sidious more powerful. Otherwise, Yoda would probably have tried to fight him again.

Stunrun
Originally posted by Captain REX
No worries, I helped him on into the Netherrealm of the Banment. big grin

they'll be back, and in greater numbersstick out tongue

Stunrun
i just read Shakoon's bio - wierdblink

Captain REX
Only stupid noobs could have been so precise... stick out tongue

Ogami Itto
Yoda is my favourite between the two so i am biased towards him here is my defence for yoda "failing"

Anakin is more powerful than obi wan yet was defeated by him

therfore in my opinion

YODA is more powerful than Sidious yet was defeated by him!

hope that makes sense lol

Darth Nhilus
Yoda is more powerful, easily. If their fight would of continued then yoda would of won, sidious did have an unfair terrain advantage and they are pretty close in blade combat, but power isn't all about blade combat. It taked wisdom, intelligence and much more to be powerful. Yoda is very intelligent wise and powerful with his blades, as he uses his ataru form.

Ogami Itto
ataru?? sounds like eu to me

umraaan
yoda all the way damn it!!

Captain REX
Ataru is Yoda's prefered Form, but yes, that's completely EU.

darthvader_fan
ok ur guys are thinkin wrong. Sidous is the baddest of baddest. besides darth vader. O and D0do, drinking is a bad habit. you need help

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
ok ur guys are thinkin wrong. Sidous is the baddest of baddest. besides darth vader. O and D0do, drinking is a bad habit. you need help

Why? because you say so?

Captain REX
Yoda was obviously afraid- or at least wary- of Sidious; he did not try to fight him again.

And then you'll bring up the whole 'he only had one shot' which is correct. Sidious was not only a powerful Force-user; he was a powerful planner. He made things so that the Jedi would most likely never be able to retaliate, if any had survived.

Darth Nhilus
Sidious is very powerful and wise but not that wise. He was very intelligent though being able to plan everything but sidious was obviously scared to fight yoda at first, (if you remember he tried to escape) but then again he was always scared. But anyways they are close and nearly equal but yoda is wiser and they were in senate pods. It is not all about blade to blade combat, my little green friends. lol

yoda99
I got to give thumbs-up to Yoda. Yoda was able to counter all of Sids attacks except for the lightning blow at the beginning of the scene. He showed no flaws during the sabre battle and was able to dodge all of the pods, and deflect one back. Sids had gravity to his advantage and was basically dropping the pods. Yoda was able to stop one coming down how fast, and send it spinning up at least 7 levels.

Captain REX
Sometimes it comes down to that, Darth Nhilus.

bilb
neither one of these two should have ever fought onscreen.. killed the mystique

b-dan
yoda or sidious they both suck

Darth Nhilus
If yoda were bigger than he would of won quickly. He is just too small and has a small blade so he lost. There are lots of skills and features that you will need to win a saber battle.

Will-one Kenobi
I thought Yoda and Sidious were equals.

Darth Nhilus
They are pretty much equal but in the long run yoda is much more powerful

Captain REX
Size matters not, unless you didn't watch ESB... stick out tongue

Darth Nhilus
Oh yeah I forgot but still they are pretty much equal. Don't you think that if yoda was palp's size, at his speed, yoda wouldv'e been the victor

Captain REX
He would have been slower. stick out tongue

Darth Nhilus
But it is the lightsaber form ataru that lets yoda go beyond his physical limits, the force is helping that little crippled guy.

Captain REX
He would have been slower if he was bigger, I wasn't talking about his physical fitness or age. stick out tongue

Darth Nhilus
yeah that is true. But still he wouldv'e stood a better chance against the chancellor. But if yoda was bigger then it probably wouldv'e intimidated palpatine. and give yoda a better chance.

Captain REX
Meh, not really. Palpatine was a tad intimidated, as we saw when he tried to flee, but Sith don't really back down to intimidation. That would be weak.

Darth Nhilus
But the sith have fear.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>