last house on the left vs i spit on your grave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

romper_stomper
i am a huge fan of rape revenge flicks and think the best would either have to be last house on the left or i spit on your grave,but i cant decide which of the two is better for all out sickness and exploitation i spit on your grave would win hands down,but in terms of but i think that last house was probably more disturbing overall,,what do y`all think and also are theyre any other cool revenge flicks that i need to say

MildPossession
I Spit on Your Grave was more disturbing for me out of the two, plus no score made it feel more real.

Last House on the Left was okay, but for some reason I find the Swedish original The Virgin Spring more disturbing when it comes to the rape scene.

One I want to check out is The House at/on the Edge of the Park? is that worth checking out, wasn't it controversial because the women started to enjoy the rape?

romper_stomper
yeah it is a pretty nasty flick but then again what would you expect combining director ruggero deodato and david hess from last house in one film,,it is worth checking out but it is inferior to both i spit and last house still good though,,another more recent one that is worth checking out is irreversible if you havent already seen it ultra graphic in its portrayal of rape and violence

MildPossession
Yep seen Irreversible, very disturbing rape but the most disturbing thing for me in that film is when someone comes into the tunnel and just walks back out without helping the woman who is getting raped!

Filmed in an interesting way, except I didn't like the camera shots that went all over at intervals, made me feel a bit ill lol.

It's not a film I would want to see again, but have seen it. Couple Vincent Cassel and Monica Belluci were excellent in the film.

DaRk Lotus
I LOVE last house on the left! smile

BackFire
Last House on the Left is a better film, it has a more dramatic and real foundation, as opposed to I spit on your grave's over the top antics. Though the castration scene in I Spit is done beautifully.

Also, House by the Edge of the Park is very sub par, I bought it a few years ago and was quite disappointed by it. It's worth seeing just for the curiosity factor, but don't expect anything particularly noteworthy.

Oh, and Irreversible kicks ass, outstanding movie.

ragesRemorse
I think there both grossly overrated. At least by the few people who praise them.

romper_stomper
another one which i found to be pretty decent was mothers day,not to sure whether this could be considered as a revenge flick entirley though

Xtremechik2
In my opinion I didn't really think Last House of the Left was very shocking or distrubing, maybe that's because I wasn't really paying attention lol. But, I Spit on your Grave, that really distrubed me.

romper_stomper
last house may have lost some of its shock factor after 30 years but it still delivers some gut punches,the disemboweling,the chest carving and krug raping mari all deliver the goods,,just imagine if craven had made the version he originally wanted to make

Impediment
Last House, definitely.

stunna1773
never seen both

beta-wolf_101
Last house on the left denfinately

PRO-PAIN
Personally I say "Last House" is the more disturbing of the two even though the stuff in "I Spit" was a little more over the top...

jeffrey lira
To tell you the truth, I was really disappointed when I recently watched "The Last House on the Left" last Sunday, all of a sudden I had a curiosity to watch it because just two months ago I saw the film "High Tension" which I really loved, when I read the reviews for "High Tension" on the Internet the following day, I read somewhere that the theme for "High Tension" was exactly the same for "Last House" (eg. schizophrenia, multiple personality disorder), but when I saw a copy of "Last House" it turned out that the killers were real and not part of the sickly imagination of Marie's parents.

cropsy_is_god
I like I Spit on Your Grave much better.

cropsy_is_god
They both suck to be honest but Last house is living on a reputation when you watch it you'll realise it's a lame piece of shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.