Battle droid voices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kenobi, Obi-Wan
Why are the voices of the super battle droids - confederacy and battle droids - trade federation more comical in episode 3. I thought they were fine in ep 1 + 2 and suited most situations

muserke
They had a helium party.

Mist
they sounded good in ep1/2

'twas rather bothersome in ep3...i couldnt focus on the movie properly..i kept hearing theyre gay voices in my head....

Eleonora
They made me laugh, they sounded so stupid big grin

Mist
"You stupid little astro droid"

GAH! *shoots self*

DeVi| D0do
How many times does a droid say "uh oh" in this movie? That was annoying too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ken Kenobi
I must agree, the battle droid voices in III sucked.

Also that captain Neiomodian on the Invisible Hand, he was annoying as all hell. "All batteries fire, fire" He sounded like some surfer dude with a foreign accent.

ickeris2003
I thought they were funny, but then after watching it a couple of times it gets old.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Mist
they sounded good in ep1/2

'twas rather bothersome in ep3...i couldnt focus on the movie properly..i kept hearing theyre gay voices in my head.... What have I told you about listening to those voices in your head, Mist??????

course, I didn't know they were gay, but oh well.

General Zodiac
I thought battle droids never had fear.
Anakin looks at the bd on the grievous's bridge.
Droid: RUN!

Red Superfly
Actually, I thought they had more personality in Episode III.......

General Zodiac
They're droids. They're not suppose to have personalities.

Darth Plagueis
I think the "RogerRoger" voice was okay for the battle droids (or I got used to it after 7 years) but think that the super battle droids should have had a different, maybe more masculine voice. The two overlooking ObiWans fighter just sounded kind of goofy.

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by General Zodiac
They're droids. They're not suppose to have personalities. Yeah? Try telling that to Threepio!

General Zodiac
He was built by Anakin to help mom. They were built by the TF for war.

JKozzy
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t352088.html

Red Superfly
They're droids. They're not suppose to have personalities.

Last time I checked, we were talking about Star Wars.

Every droid has personality.

C3PO is not an exception because he was built by Anakin - every protocol droid has personality. TC-14 says "Oh, excuse me" in TPM - which indicates shock and embarrassment. There's a droid on Bespin that insults C3PO too.

The droid that says "you're a feisty little one" has personality. R2 units have personality. Walking bins have personality.

Hell, even the little remote control thing that Chewbacca yells at in ANH has personality.

I was quite glad they added some personality to the Battle Droids in particular. They were completely lacking any soul, but adding those so-called "stupid" voices brought them back into the consistency of the saga.

And when I first heard the Battle Droids speak, they sounded like Star Wars droids, saying what Star Wars droids would say.

It's Star Wars.

AmrothSkywalker
Not everyone wants to post in your misc oddball thread.

JKozzy
Certainly better than cluttering the forum with crappy repeat threads.

dflood
whats the point having a forum if you cant post new threads without getting your arse bitten off ........for god sake if he wants to`post a new one let him

kalsemo
Originally posted by dflood
whats the point having a forum if you cant post new threads without getting your arse bitten off ........for god sake if he wants to`post a new one let him

Amen.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Last time I checked, we were talking about Star Wars.

Every droid has personality.

C3PO is not an exception because he was built by Anakin - every protocol droid has personality. TC-14 says "Oh, excuse me" in TPM - which indicates shock and embarrassment. There's a droid on Bespin that insults C3PO too.

The droid that says "you're a feisty little one" has personality. R2 units have personality. Walking bins have personality.

Hell, even the little remote control thing that Chewbacca yells at in ANH has personality.

I was quite glad they added some personality to the Battle Droids in particular. They were completely lacking any soul, but adding those so-called "stupid" voices brought them back into the consistency of the saga.

And when I first heard the Battle Droids speak, they sounded like Star Wars droids, saying what Star Wars droids would say.

It's Star Wars.

I see your point, but I disagree. Protocol droids and the like have personality as they interact with sentients. It makes people more comfortable with them.

Battle droids were designed for battle. They should be soulless, terrifiying engines of destruction. If you were commisioned by the military to design a robot for warfare, would you make it go "oh, um" and "roger, roger"? No, you'd want a cold, silent killer, something to frighten the enemy.

General Zodiac
Like Grievous's bodyguards.

dflood
yeah droids cant think so why should they have a personalitty

chilled monkey
Like Grievous's bodyguards.

Yes, exactly. Grievous's bodyguards were cool because they were imposing, not like the joke 'Battle Droids'.

General Zodiac
They didn't talk and they can fight a Jedi.

Eleonora
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I see your point, but I disagree. Protocol droids and the like have personality as they interact with sentients. It makes people more comfortable with them.

Battle droids were designed for battle. They should be soulless, terrifiying engines of destruction. If you were commisioned by the military to design a robot for warfare, would you make it go "oh, um" and "roger, roger"? No, you'd want a cold, silent killer, something to frighten the enemy.

I completely agree

smile

ps. Red Superfly, those voices are Stupid, capital S, whether they bring "consistency" roll eyes (sarcastic) or not, it's a fact wink

General Zodiac
Bodyguard:..........(Nothing. Perfect)

williamdefalco
Originally posted by dflood

Amen as well.

General Zodiac

LordSorgo
Episode III was a slaughterhouse. Jedi's were getting killed Left, Right and center. They had to make something childlike.

DeVi| D0do
No they didn't.

Ken Kenobi
I agree with DD, they didn't need the comic relief in this one at all.

It would have made it more dramatic without droids saying "Oww" or kicking another droid. erm

The comic relief could still come from Yoda. That saber throw, the red guards. Classic.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah... that stuff would have been enough. It is supposed to be a dark film.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Yeah... that stuff would have been enough. It is supposed to be a dark film.

IMO it was a great film, but still could have been darker, to feed the true rage of the Sith, to see Anakin truly evil.

DeVi| D0do
Yeah, I agree it could have been darker, and darker from earlier on in the film. I loved the upbeat space battle and opening sequence and the contrast to the darkness of the rest of the film, but I think the film should have changed tone more dramatically than it did... I think the intercutting of the Obi-Wan/Grievous sub-plot kept it from being as dark as it could. But I'm happy with how it turned out... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.