Howls Moving Castle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ickeris2003
I was wondering if anyone has seen this movie, if so what do you think about it? Is it hayao miyazakis (spel?) best work yet?! discuss thanx.

chelsearammer50
Well, I wouldn't say it's his BEST work. but it certainly is very good. The news was saying that Billy Crystal's voice as Calcifer (sp) was out of place among the other voices but i kind of liked it. But, yah i really liked it i hope to get it.

loompaland!
It was wonderful.

The only Miyazaki movie I've seen so far is Totoro.

That was a fun movie.

Howl's Moving Castle appealed to older viewers, I think. What with the war... Billy Crystal I think fit as Calcifer...but the lips didn't move right. Christian Bale as Howl was a wonderful choice...then again it may be because I am obsessed with him since Batman...

I just love Turniphead. He's my hero.

ghibli is great
Hey every1 -
i went into see Howls Moving Castle in the cinemas with great anticipation. i was not disappointed. it was transfixing, no dull moments, wonderfully funny and truly inspiring. im a long time ghibli fan and this 1 is now one of my faves (with the exception of laputa). i only saw it 1 day ago, and now im dying to see it again! im wondering if anybody could perhaps get a copy, i will pay good smile

ghibli is great
hehe.....well, i wont say when i loved him since, but i havent seen batman.....is it good?

ghibli is great
so yeah.....im really looking for a resonably good copy of Howls Moving Castel DVd movie, english only (with christian bale, billy crystal etcetc), i will pay good money for it big grin

powerfulone1987
I didn't know this movie was in theaters. I've heard nothing of in anywhere near here. I only know about through the internet.

I want to see it though.

SleaterKinney32
I thought Howl's Moving Castle was a beautiful piece of work. I really respect Miyazaki films. I just got done watching Spirited Away, and forgot just how magical it is. I've seen Howl's Moving Castle recently and it's up there along with his other great works.

Have any of you seen Spirited Away? Or Castle in the Sky?

Gregory
I saw it at a theater with a bunch of friends, and oh man, it's an incredible movie.

Miyazaki has a rare gift for creating movies for all ages. My friends (all college-age) and I loved it. The seven-or-so-year old kid sitting a few rows in front of us? When we were leaving the theater, I heard him say that he liked it, too--not a great many people can do this, mainly because they seem to believe that if a movie's to be kid-friendly, it has to be dumned down.

cramunit
It was good. I wouldn't quite put it up there with Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in terms of overall greatness but the animation was as spectacular as ever.

Fiann@
I really like this movie, it'a pretty amazing. The animation is just stunning as usual and the story is quite good as well, I loved the voice cast and the charcaters were really engaging I especialy like old Sophie, Calcifer and Markl... happy

Wolfie
I enjoyed this more than Spirited Away.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Wolfie
I enjoyed this more than Spirited Away.

Spirited Away was a really good movie and the first one of his movies I watched.

It's hard to believe Howls Moving Castle could beat it. Especially sense it's reviews haven't been all that hot, at least the ones I've heard.

is it comprehensible.....

Impediment
A fantastic movie that is among Miyazaki's best work since Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I own almost all of his movies (still need to buy Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky) and I highly recommend any of his movies.

Kaldea
Howl's Moving Castle has to be my favourite of Miyazakis work! I also have Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. They're both fantastic! My friend has Kiki's Delivery Service and she hates it, she loves Castle in the Sky though. I'm afraid I haven't seen them myself. I love Howl & Calcifer! They're so cool!!! big grin

SharinganFire06
howls moving castle was one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen

however did you know that it is based on a book by Dianne Wynn Jones
and it has a sequel called castle in the air (no relation to castle in the sky by miyazaki)

i really suggest you read them if you can
they really show alot about the movie that might have been skipped over
and yet they show all this stuff that wasn't even near to what the movie suggested

Prince Nauj
anyone know what his next movie or project is?!

SharinganFire06
no idea

GallantKnight
I thought I read it was Earthsea.

Prince Nauj
isnt that a book?!

SharinganFire06
earthsea?

Prince Nauj
never heard of it what is it about?!

SharinganFire06
i dont know

Prince Nauj
hmmmmmm I leave that for you!! Its your homework stick out tongue

SharinganFire06
fine
ya big meany

Plot Summary for
Earthsea (2004) (TV)
A reckless youth is destined to become the greatest sorcerer that the mystical land of Earthsea has ever known. When the young wizard Ged discovers that he possesses infinite magical powers, he seeks to master the ancient arts. As he journeys to manhood, he will combat dragons, fall in love, cross death's threshold, and ultimately wield the power to reunite a kingdom.

Prince Nauj
Wait a minute , wait a minute!! Didnt they show a series of earthsea on scifi?!

SharinganFire06
yes
they did make some sort of movie about it

Prince Nauj
I think ive heard about it before but Im not sure

SharinganFire06
i hadn't

Prince Nauj
good evil face

#1avalon_fan
i love Howl! he is so yummy droolio

SharinganFire06
he is

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by #1avalon_fan
i love Howl! he is so yummy droolio
agreed shifty

starshine
Howl's moving castle is great. I own all of miyazaki's movies and I highly recommend all of them especially Totoro and Porco Rosso. love

Tales from earthsea is actually directed by miyazaki's son, which should be quite interesting.

Wolfie
Originally posted by InnerRise
Spirited Away was a really good movie and the first one of his movies I watched.

It's hard to believe Howls Moving Castle could beat it. Especially sense it's reviews haven't been all that hot, at least the ones I've heard.
Well, I was never a big fan of Spirited Away. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but I liked Howl's Moving Castle a lot better.

SharinganFire06
im with you

was princess mononoke by miyazaki

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by SharinganFire06
im with you

was princess mononoke by miyazaki
yes it was. best movie ever big grin

SharinganFire06
violent though
if my parent saw it they would've shot me

Prince Nauj
violent though
if my parent saw it they would've shot me
it really isnt that violent!! pg13. I thought the forest spirit is creepy though, cool but creepy looking

SharinganFire06
at the end it was creepy
i was freaked out

and yes there was too alot of violence

Prince Nauj
Whatever stick out tongue

SharinganFire06
dont chu whatever me!!!

Prince Nauj
*snap,snap,sna;* bring it stick out tongue

SharinganFire06
"i concede victory

*offers sword hilt first*

Prince Nauj
*summons the dark lord of the siths !!

Break H im evil face

Wolfie
What a great conversation about Howl's Moving Castle.

SharinganFire06
sry'
why dont youstart us off

Kayne Archeron
wouldn't this go in the anime section?

anyway, Tales of Earthsea looks really good, dunno what to expect considering it's Miyazaki's son directing it... then again, Cat Returns was directed by a different person in the studio and i enjoyed that just fine

SharinganFire06
never seen it

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
wouldn't this go in the anime section?

anyway, Tales of Earthsea looks really good, dunno what to expect considering it's Miyazaki's son directing it... then again, Cat Returns was directed by a different person in the studio and i enjoyed that just fine
damn......

SharinganFire06
???

Prince Nauj
eh?!

Naruto91
I have seen it, but I like My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky.

Although my favorite is Naussica of the Valley of the Wind.

AnimeLuvr
Now this is my kinda chat thang... Howl's Moving Castle was awsome and so was castle in the sky but i think my favorite was spirited away. I think the weirdest of Studio Ghibli's films was Princess Monanoke... Man was that odd!

Naruto91
I also like "the cat returns" and "spirited away" also

glad to see there are some people out there that appreciate good art.

No one I know really likes these movies. I rented them, but plan to buy them all

SharinganFire06
Originally posted by AnimeLuvr
Now this is my kinda chat thang... Howl's Moving Castle was awsome and so was castle in the sky but i think my favorite was spirited away. I think the weirdest of Studio Ghibli's films was Princess Monanoke... Man was that odd!
i loved princess mononoke!!!

Naruto91
Haven't seen that one, I'll have to pick it up.

AnimeLuvr
i loved princess mononoke!!!

I don't mean anything bad by saying P.M. was weird it's just my personal tastes, oh and where did you get that poster thang? I LUV cloud he's soo cool(and hot) especially in that pic.

Naruto91
how is princess mononoke.

The name has too many o's.

Prince Nauj
Princess Mononoke is the greatest ever

Naruto91
yes it is, I rented it and it was really good, my brother even liked it.

It was a little gruesome though, the decapitation of people, and delimbing was a little much, but I liked it.

Solo
It's fantastic.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Naruto91

It was a little gruesome though, the decapitation of people, and delimbing was a little much, but I liked it.
whatever

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Naruto91

it's so surprising to see movies of his like Totoro, then see something like Mononoke

SharinganFire06
tru very tru

LordFear
porco rosso was cool. Castle in the Ski was great.
Metropolis was excellent, great story line and Steam Boy was hot. Not from Miyazaki though

SharinganFire06
hmmmm
never heard of any of them

oooo wait
castle in the sky was good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.