classic herc v superman: slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
can the prince of power put down the man of steel mano e mano?

olympian
Pure Slugfest?

Hercules.

yahman
'Pure Slugfest?

Hercules.'
embarrasment

Superman has done far more impressive feats of strength and has a greater durability

Superman all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olympian
"Superman has done far more impressive feats of strength and has a greater durability"

Superman has more feats. Thats it. more appearances get it?.

Durability probably a slighty edge. Immortal Hercules is up there as well. Bulletproff and all together with healing ability.

Stamina. Hercules has the edge, he never tires and Supes does.

Strenght. About the same.

Figthing skills. Big edge to hercules.

Speed. Big edge to Supes.

Very close fight but since its a slugfest and Hercules has the durabiity and stamina to take super fast punches from Supes, its the strengh+skill combo that will take place.

And that Hercules has it all over Superman.

yahman
The skill thing is a big factor that i didn't really consider.

Although Supes has made more performances he does some impressive feat in every comic i have read. Which is not that many seeing we don't really get D.C. in jersey but it is far more than Herc has done.

I saw those scans the other day that you posted with Herc vs the Hulk and the fight waasn't really that impressive seeing it was arguably marves two strongest characters fighting each other. It was impressive compared to the usual Marvel fights but nothing compared to D.C.

kgkg
Superman wins

leonidas
why? you think he's stronger or just a lot more durable?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
why? you think he's stronger or just a lot more durable?
stonger = about the same
Durable = about the same

Superman is a lot faster

leonidas
yeah, i thought so. i think supes would probably win as well, but i think he's a lot more durable too. he's taken some mighty spectacular blows and herc's been knocked out by stuff that makes me shake my head . . .

Sentry
Herc is always written as a jobber... That sucks... He's the Prince Of Power!!! He should be able to kick Superman's a$$.... But, Supes speed and overall powers would do him in. Supes takes this fight. But this is a slugfest, and if Herc is written at his full potential, he'd KO Supes.

Pure slugfest Herc 6 times out of 10.

Normal battle Supes 10 times out of 10.

olympian
On a pure slugfest speed means less than skills. And supes has nothing on skills compared with Herc. This is comics where speed isent that overkill. Lets not forget Herc has super speed too. Just not at Supes level.

"Which is not that many seeing we don't really get D.C. in jersey but it is far more than Herc has done"

Having 4 titles make that happen. he has feats Herc never had. And Herc has feats Supes never had. The only difference is quantity.

"herc's been knocked out by stuff that makes me shake my head . . ."

Like when he was mortal? Thats to be expected. Or you mean against guys with his power. Supes has been Ko by cap Marvel before as well. And by a has tank explosion. Or strained lifting a 747. Im going by average not theyr low showings. Heracles as far as durability has taken shots from Thors hamer in the head and kept going. Has taken shots from the Stranger and the same happened. Hulks punches even mortal and he was stil figthing. Not to mention both Nova and Firelords attacks at close range and only the cloathes wer burned.

"I saw those scans the other day that you posted with Herc vs the Hulk and the fight waasn't really that impressive seeing it was arguably marves two strongest characters fighting each other"

I see them like Supes and Cap marvel. Youll never see alot of damage in one to another because theyr practically the same. Itsthe background that gets busted. Herc and Hulk do the same thing. Neither bleeds or tired but the backgrounds go to hell.

olympian
Time for another feat demostration:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Thorvs.jpg

long pig
Superman.

Herc has the skill, but he lacks speed.

sad speed blitzing sucks.

olympian
But never kills in comics. Just ask Mongul and Doomsday stick out tongue

And with herc being immortal. Hes going to get up and going like duracell.

Eh i know the lack of speed is a diference but this is slugfest. Its the kind of fights the Hulk had advantage against Hyperion and Glads before. Both are in close combat. Its punches, kicks and durability most.

Hercs game here.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Sentry
Pure slugfest Herc 6 times out of 10.

Normal battle Supes 10 times out of 10.

Agreed. smile

olympian
10 outa 10 its not going to happen. Top tier heroes dont and never won 10 out of 10 aainst each other. Even Wonder Woman who seems like supermans ***** lately has a win against a mind controled Superman.

Normal fight Supes wins the majority, but not 10.

yahman
'stonger = about the same
Durable = about the same'

'why? you think he's stronger or just a lot more durable?'

olympian mann i like u. Your a sound guy and you've made some really good points but those scans weren't that impressive!!

The art was pretty crappy and you couldn't really see any real destruction.

sad sad

Superman regulary perform feats that are more impressive than this. And Herc has never shown he can survive anything like a nuke. This is something that everyone will agree that Supes can survive

olympian
"olympian mann i like u. Your a sound guy and you've made some really good points but those scans weren't that impressive!!

The art was pretty crappy and you couldn't really see any real destruction"

Blame the artist not me big grin and there is destruction. First fight the train trail was all busted. And two mountains wer used in that fight. The one where Animal Byrne Hulk fought Herc, they busted the city more with just 3/4 punches total that we see on panel.

"Superman regulary perform feats that are more impressive than this. And Herc has never shown he can survive anything like a nuke"

Regularly yes. The guys has 4 titles. You gotta have feats in the middle of those. Thor and Hulk have both survived nuks. I dont see Thor being more durable than Herc. In fact he has bleed in one ocassion fighting the Hulk, while the green monster never made regular Herc bleed.

olympian
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y2...ules/Thorvs.jpg

And in this one not only they exercited enough force to push that planet (not earth) ou of orbit. They totally destroyed the mountain plateu where they wer armwrstling. As you can see after all that they wer still at it without a clear winner.

yahman
'And in this one not only they exercited enough force to push that planet (not earth) ou of orbit. They totally destroyed the mountain plateu '
Yeh but you can't even see this. If the narrator didn't say it you wouldn't know.
This and the mathatan incident are the only noteable feats that Herc has performed.

JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system. Once again it dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon System.
In Superman: The Earth Stealers, Superman propelled a massive space station, cylindrical in shape and stated to be 600 miles in diameter (the length of the cylinder, judging by the depiction, had to have been about 2500 miles ) by pushing against it. The weight was inestimable- it was constructed from all the natural resources gleaned from an entire solar system. A hyperspace portal was opened and Superman not only pushed it, he propelled it for 20 minutes through hyperspace (it was stated that they reached the halfway point at 10 minutes). He had to exert the power to move it at the same time that he had to deal with the stresses of hyperspace unprotected.

JLA #77: Superman contains a black hole in the palm of his hand for an undisclosed amount of time. Later, he produces static electricity sufficient to be "corralled" by Green Lantern John Stewart into containing the black hole. Superman then launches the black hole into a neighboring wormhole.

Action Comics #782: After emerging from the sun energized, Superman physically pushed WarWorld, (a small, Pluto-sized planet) across the solar system and into a boom tube. WarWorld did engage a full throttle countermeasure in resistance Supermans push. We can see WarWorlds engines (which encompass nearly an entire hemisphere of WarWorlds surface) firing in resistance, to no avail. WarWorlds; engines allow WarWorld to travel at faster than light speeds through space, so they generate the power to accelerate a planet beyond light speed.

K3VIL
Originally posted by yahman
'And in this one not only they exercited enough force to push that planet (not earth) ou of orbit. They totally destroyed the mountain plateu '
Yeh but you can't even see this. If the narrator didn't say it you wouldn't know.
This and the mathatan incident are the only noteable feats that Herc has performed.

JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system. Once again it dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon System.
In Superman: The Earth Stealers, Superman propelled a massive space station, cylindrical in shape and stated to be 600 miles in diameter (the length of the cylinder, judging by the depiction, had to have been about 2500 miles ) by pushing against it. The weight was inestimable- it was constructed from all the natural resources gleaned from an entire solar system. A hyperspace portal was opened and Superman not only pushed it, he propelled it for 20 minutes through hyperspace (it was stated that they reached the halfway point at 10 minutes). He had to exert the power to move it at the same time that he had to deal with the stresses of hyperspace unprotected.

JLA #77: Superman contains a black hole in the palm of his hand for an undisclosed amount of time. Later, he produces static electricity sufficient to be "corralled" by Green Lantern John Stewart into containing the black hole. Superman then launches the black hole into a neighboring wormhole.

Action Comics #782: After emerging from the sun energized, Superman physically pushed WarWorld, (a small, Pluto-sized planet) across the solar system and into a boom tube. WarWorld did engage a full throttle countermeasure in resistance Supermans push. We can see WarWorlds engines (which encompass nearly an entire hemisphere of WarWorlds surface) firing in resistance, to no avail. WarWorlds; engines allow WarWorld to travel at faster than light speeds through space, so they generate the power to accelerate a planet beyond light speed.
Superman Earth Steelers and JLA #77 showed feats that are knows as latent manifestations of Pre-Crisis powers.
In WW III, Superman's strenght WASN'T used to move Mageddon.
Mageddon was already in front of the planet Earth while Superman was trapped into him.J'Onn J'Ozz sayed Mageddon was gonna tap into Supes strenght it means using his energies to power up his central core.Mageddon didn't need pure physical force, cause the humanoids created in his soldiers were able to hold their own against Orion and Green Lantern, so he don't need Superman's physical strenght.
Classic Hercules has:
Class 100 Strenght of high magnitude, as the scan showed, he can match Thor.
He can't be killed outside the Olympus.
Even if injured, he'll heal back at so high rate the injury would be useless.Also his reflexes and speed are godlike, he can catch Superman in movement.

olympian
"This and the mathatan incident are the only noteable feats that Herc has performed. "

And never getting beat by Thor or Hulk. And getting multiple hammer shots in the back of his neck and not getting knocked out or bleeding. And tossing huge skycrafts into orbit without using his full strenght. Getting eyebemed by cosmic beings and still alive. And knocking down Terminus alone (yes the guy that was punking the Jla in Jla/avengers), ripping his armor and letting him to die in the savage land.

He also separated Continents before. And held the heavens alone. This is canon Myth. Durability: Got "shot" by the sould gem by Warlock and won the bout noneless.

"JLA #77: Superman contains a black hole in the palm of his hand for an undisclosed amount of time"

Supes didnt held a black hole. It held a small portion of that nature before the hole was released.

"Action Comics #782: After emerging from the sun energized, Superman physically pushed WarWorld"

Doesnt count. He could never do it in his regular levels. Keep in mind that a Amped "beyond Godhood" herc (by the hight evelutionary) when released his whole energy it was used to give birth to a cosmic being.
( heard it was a Celestial but cant confirm ).

olympian
"Yeh but you can't even see this. If the narrator didn't say it you wouldn't know."

Thats why the narration is there. To tell us what is happening while the reader has the atention on the main stars of the story.

olympian
"Superman Earth Steelers and JLA #77 showed feats that are knows as latent manifestations of Pre-Crisis powers."

Doesnt surprise me. Wasent that the last big Superman story that Curt Swan the Pre crisis superman artist was involved?

yahman
'Superman Earth Steelers and JLA #77 showed feats that are knows as latent manifestations of Pre-Crisis powers.'

Is that something you made up yourself or something that is included in the story

'And never getting beat by Thor or Hulk. And getting multiple hammer shots in the back of his neck and not getting knocked out or bleeding. And tossing huge sky crafts into orbit without using his full strength. Getting eyebemed by cosmic beings and still alive. And knocking down Terminus alone (yes the guy that was punking the Jla in Jla/avengers), ripping his armor and letting him to die in the savage land.'

He also separated Continents before. And held the heavens alone. This is canon Myth. Durability: Got "shot" by the should gem by Warlock and won the bout none less. '

wink Dude i apologies. I'll admit there was a hidden agenda behind the my original point. I wanted to have someone point out what was wrong with those feats, and i want to know more about Herc displays of power.

I've noticed that if you ask a straight forward question you rarely get it answered.

Sorry dudes if i have offended anyone

olympian
No offense at all. Its not the first time someone tells me he thinks Herc doesnt have that much feats. He does. just in less quantity in- comic books- because he doesnt have four titles. Not even one sometimes.

Myth its another story. Theres no guy with a better rep than his. Against Gods included.

olympian
And the "helding a portion of an artificial Hole" is a nice feat. Just not the same as you know Supes flying into deep space and actually- holding- a black hole.

yahman
'And the "holding a portion of an artificial Hole" is a nice feat. Just not the same as you know Supes flying into deep space and actually- holding- a black hole.'

There is nothing in the universe that weighs as much as a black hole (except Galaxies and sh!* like that)

Aren't they infinitely small aswell

olympian
Im not the aknowloged with Black Holes but they are said to be the most destructive ( or one of the most ) of the universe.

Now someone holding it or catching it ? I know this is comics and it didnt happened in that Superman issue but i sure hope i never see someone do that.

Comics are already out of reality too much.

yahman
'Im not the aknowloged with Black Holes but they are said to be the most destructive ( or one of the most ) of the universe.

Now someone holding it or catching it ? I know this is comics and it didnt happened in that Superman issue but i sure hope i never see someone do that.

Comics are already out of reality too much.'

cool Good shout dude.

Stuff like playing Cricket with blackholes should be performed by Cosmic beings only !!!!!!!!

It probably should be a feat to far for them

There must be some realism !!!!!!!!!!

From my oppinion the real top class heavyweights shouldn't be moving stuff beyond the size of mountains.

I mean with strength like that you can send people sized objects flying at top Mach speeds without any trouble. Objects like Buses and planes can be Thrown thousands maybe millions of miles!!!!

olympian
Exactly. Classes exist for that. Leave the high cosmic feats for cosmic beings. Thats theyr due.

yahman
All we need is for Marvel and D.C. comics to aknowledge our Posts big grin

I still reckon that the top tier Marvel characters should perform more feats to end the debate as to where they stand against there D.C. counter parts

(I think you agree as i think i've had this conversation with you before)

sorry mann if im boring u with my repetitive bull shit sad

olympian
nahhh. Dc will always have more feats. marvel will always have them struggle more for the fact they like them more "human".

But both top tiers are in the same class.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.