the illuminati

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solidus Snake
who can take these guys out. they were in this months wizard mag.

Prof X
Namor
Doctor Strange
Iron Man
Reed Richards
Black Bolt

can they take the marvel universe? (all heroes and villians currently on earth)

could they take over the world?

demigawd
Not enough raw strength or speed. Replace Namor with Thor and Iron Man with Surfer and they might be on to something.

stormfront13
no way they culd take the marvel universe, scarlet witch, binary would give them trouble alone

DarkCrawler
Well, with prep time, they could invade Earth.

stormfront13
yeah, with prep they could i bet

long pig
Why is Prof X there? He isn't the best telepath on that team.

Is this like the elite of the MU? As in, they are a secret elite few.

Yeah, they can't do too much without a lot of prep.

willRules
Originally posted by long pig
Why is Prof X there? He isn't the best telepath on that team.

Is this like the elite of the MU? As in, they are a secret elite few.

Yeah, they can't do too much without a lot of prep.

I always thought that Professor X was a good telepath. Its just that he is underrated nowadays cos of the Phoenix issue and the fact that everyones a flippin telepath.................

long pig
He's the greatest natural telepath on earth. Strange is better than him when he uses his Eye.
It's kinda like Cerebro, but portable.

But, this was about the Elite of the marvel universe, all of them are pretty high ranked.

Solidus Snake
yea....with the exception of namor (i think) all are master strategists. black bolt can take care of any foe. strange covers the occult. and prof x keeps them psychically in control of the grand schmeme of things. plus they have 2 of the greatest scientists on the planet.

Scoobless
Originally posted by demigawd
Not enough raw strength or speed. Replace Namor with Thor and Iron Man with Surfer and they might be on to something.

nah.... Surfer's too much for this....IM has a shitload of resources he can share with his team..... and Namor has a massive, technologically advanced, army to back him up

long pig
They are the Elite, not the most powerful as in "I can blow up a world" but they have the greatest connections.

Prof X-Has all his x-men

Namor-Has a friggin race of people and advanced armies.

Doctor Strange-Has connections to multiuniversal forces and abstract beings

Iron Man-Owns a billion dollar tech industry, also has ties to the earths mightiest heros.

Reed Richards-durrrr

Black Bolt-Leader of the Inhumans, a race of highly powerful people.

What would be better is if it were "which Elite member, with all his connections would be able to take the other Elites."

DigiMark007
Between them, they're hella-smart and rich. They have a decent compliment of powers and the only thing they're seriously lacking is brute force. Throw Hulk on that team and I'd say they could take over Marvel Earth easily if they wanted too. They probably could anyway...but some extra muscle would just solidify the victory.

-DM

K Von Doom
I didn't see this in this month's Wizard. Was it last month?

demigawd
Ah...I get it now. Hence the name "Illuminati".

Scoobless
i don't read Wizard...... i avoid it incase of spoilers and stuff..... is it any good?

Pointinel
noone

demigawd
Even as being the "ancient behind the scenes powerbrokers of the world", I still think they're leaving out Thor (Asgard), Panther (remember how he punked Iron Man and economically disabled the world), and Ikaris (leader of the Eternals).

I haven't heard about the real life Illuminati in years, though. I wonder if they still have all those conspiracy groups following them around, lol.

yahman
'Why is Prof X there? He isn't the best telepath on that team'

What proof do you have dude to consistently suggest that Strange is better than Prof X?????????

This team needs only King Thor and then it is unbeatable from an earth perspective

It's not just these characters it's all the back up

Solidus Snake
even by themselves theyre formidable

with planning, they can take out any team

Solidus Snake
oh and black bolt replaces thor

i dont think thor can take down bolt

demigawd
Can't take him down? Thor almost killed Black Bolt! And he didn't even mean to!

yahman
'oh and black bolt replaces thor'

Black bolts already in the Team
As everybody has alraedy said this Team could do with a bit of a powerhouse. King Thor definately fills this catergory. As he is King of Asgard he has alot of back up aswell

Enchantress, Loki, Majestrate, Kurse, Destroyer, Ulik, Hera, Hercules, Beta Ray Bill, The warriors Three.

The list is pretty substantial!!

Solidus Snake
when i say bolt replaces thor i mean that...he has enough power to act as a thorish character with Godlike powers

but fair enough thor would make a good addition

yahman
'when i say bolt replaces thor i mean that...he has enough power to act as a thorish character with Godlike powers'

Lol you make me feel like a complete Thor Fanboy!!!!!!! laughing

Honnestly i prefer Black Bolt to Thor. The problem is i have verry little info on him.

I really wish something would wipe out the Inhumans which would force him into becoming an Avenger.

Does anybody know how powerful that Scream is?????????/

I've heard its almost on a Dragon ball Z level?????????

Solidus Snake
in a 'what if' when 'venom' (the alien symbiote) possessed thor after draining all of hulk and spideys strength, the big guns called in black bolt for his sonics. the man screamed and destroyed a mountain

i was so impressed.

it seems that somehow his screams work in space too.

xmarksthespot
Why is this Black Bolt vs Thor now? huh

yahman
'it seems that somehow his screams work in space too.'

What the F@ck????????

mind you there are usually sound effects in comic space.

Umm how big was the mountain because the term mountain is loosely thrown around in these forums.

E.g. Someone will say hulk lifted a mountain and then threw it. You then see what there referring to and its nothing more than a boulder.

embarrasment Why is this Black Bolt vs Thor now?

What??????????
read what i wrote before. We were never going to turn this into a Thor vs Blackbolt thread!!!!!!!!!! mad

Solidus Snake
its not a thor vs black bolt. we were merely comparing output levels.

the mountain was mount rushmore and the surrounding area for like a 1/2 mile or mile

Solidus Snake
i would like to see them (illuminati) challenge the JLA

yahman
'i would like to see them (illuminati) challenge the JLA'

On their own or with their contacts
and are we considering King Thor in the Frame?????????

Good call though!!!!!!!! smile

LordFear
This team has more than enough to take down the MU.
No contest

Solidus Snake
the authority would be interesting

the doctor vs doc strange
the sun king vs the sea king
the maker vs the man of iron
the God of the cities vs "oh God dont shout at me"
the nights bringer of war vs reed
midnighter cant fight cause everyone on the team is too gorgeous LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.