Question...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tulak Hord
I'm confused. This is probably pointless, so commence the burning when I say so, but, with Star Wars, would Chronological order be 1-6 or as they were made? This has stumped me all day. confused

Commence the burning

Now.

darthmonkey9206
as they were made wink .

dflood
1 to 6 i suppose .....................

oh you are in for it

stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Chronological order would be I-VI. How could it not be?

Vanquish
I'm a nice guy, so I'll just give you the answer and be on my way with a chuckle...

1-6 is chronological order. Later smile

Tulak Hord
It could be either way I s'pose. And I feel sooo unloved, no one has ever burned a thread I started ;.;.

Captain REX
I-VI is Chrono, and now I'm going to have to watch this thread and make sure I catch all the evil people...

DarkYoda
Tulak Hord...

Have you seen all 6 of the Star Wars movies?

Ken Kenobi
Chronologial order (as in the setting of the films) means from beginning to end. That would be 1-6.

Chronological order (as in the real world) would be 4-6,1-3. The way true fans will watch it.

DarkYoda
I am wondering... is TH asking which way you should watch it or which way the story unfolds?

Captain REX
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Chronologial order (as in the setting of the films) means from beginning to end. That would be 1-6.

Chronological order (as in the real world) would be 4-6,1-3. The way true fans will watch it.

I'll watch it both ways, because I'm an ass. big grin

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'll watch it both ways, because I'm an ass. big grin

thumb up

Tulak Hord
I've seen all six, I also know much about the EU *Hears the hisses* I was just curious, and I guess I get Chronological and Chronologial mixed up lol.

Continue the burning.

DeVi| D0do
"Chronologial", I think, was just a typo on Ken's part... big grin

Chronology in this instance can be viewed in two ways: either the chronology in which the films were made, or the chronology in which the films are set.

Vanquish
Sorry to say, but there is no other way to interpret the question other then he is asking chronology of the movies. He obviously hasen't seen them all, and is just asking the time line. Look, in his question, he even states that he knows that they were not made in the order 1-6, so he is definitely not referring to the movie making order. He wants to know in star wars time, where it begins and ends.

1-6. Enjoy the movies man smile

Tulak Hord
..Never become a therapist. I've seen 'em all, I know of EU, I am knowledgeable of many a planets and ships. Hell, I probably know more than vanquish does about SW, I was just curious because, as DD said, it can be either way.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Vanquish
Sorry to say, but there is no other way to interpret the question other then he is asking chronology of the movies. He obviously hasen't seen them all, and is just asking the time line. Look, in his question, he even states that he knows that they were not made in the order 1-6, so he is definitely not referring to the movie making order. He wants to know in star wars time, where it begins and ends.

1-6. Enjoy the movies man smile

Read his previous post..."I've seen all six"

And DD, I make typo's a lot. stick out tongue

Tulak Hord
Wow, Ken Kenobi is vouching for me..I must be a good boy ^.^; Or he's got nuttin' better to do.

Vanquish
Um... in your question, you actually point out that you know the movie making order was different then 1-6, yet you actually ask the question of chronology?

There are only 2 posibilities here. You are asking about movie making chronology, or star wars time chronology. You discounted the first one in your question, leaving only the second...

If you want to know what order you should have watched them in, then first, you would have asked that, and second, that would make you a star wars noob.

Either way, you aren't coming off as someone who knows more then me, or more then anyone on this entire forum for that matter...

Just stating the obvious here smile

DarkYoda
Ken's feeling sympathetic toward new people lately. wink

DeVi| D0do
And DD, I make typo's a lot. stick out tongue
Son't we all? wink

Tulak Hord
Okay...I am confused by what Van said, but I ain't no Star Wars Newb. Maybe a newb in the forums, But there are two different ways to look at the chronological order, but only one true one..I was just wondering whether it meant the 1-6 was the right one or the making of the movies was the correct one. And for the last time, I seen all movies, I own all the ones that are legally ownable, and I went to see III the day it came out. I was very happy and not surprised. I really knew how he'd become vader ever since I was five. I think I'll stick with my department tho, EU. Star Wars is lame without EU ;p

bilb

yes

DarkYoda
So TH, you do understand that the order of the story is 1 - 6 right?

You are asking what is the best way to view them?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Okay...I am confused by what Van said, but I ain't no Star Wars Newb. Maybe a newb in the forums, But there are two different ways to look at the chronological order, but only one true one..I was just wondering whether it meant the 1-6 was the right one or the making of the movies was the correct one. And for the last time, I seen all movies, I own all the ones that are legally ownable, and I went to see III the day it came out. I was very happy and not surprised. I really knew how he'd become vader ever since I was five. I think I'll stick with my department tho, EU. Star Wars is lame without EU ;p

I say it doesn't matter. Watch the films in whatever order you like best.

Most true fans will watch it OT first, then PT. Either way is fine.

DeVi| D0do
Like I said before, there are two way of looking at it. There is no right way or wrong way...

oh, and Star Wars is lame with EU ;P

Tulak Hord
I'll say nothing positive about EU because Good Ole Ken Kenobi will ignite his blue saber and slice me in half, then in quarters, then in tiny pieces, then in tinier pieces, then in something I can't measure.

bilb
I'll say nothing positive about EU because Good Ole Ken Kenobi will ignite his blue saber and slice me in half, then in quarters, then in tiny pieces, then in tinier pieces, then in something I can't measure.

There are others who would join him stick out tongue

Tulak Hord
And, IMO, it's only okay to watch in I-VI if you've done the OT then PT first. Because if you don't react to the "I am your Father" for the first time watching, then your SW experience is ruined..forever.

bilb
And, IMO, it's only okay to watch in I-VI if you've done the OT then PT first. Because if you don't react to the "I am your Father" for the first time watching, then your SW experience is ruined..forever.

That would be true if like EVERYONE didnt already know this one was coming stick out tongue

That is one of the most famous lines in movie history so I dont think that one plays into it as much anymore..

Like Ken said diehards will watch OT then PT, however even Lucas has said that now they are meant to be watched 1 - 6.. so its really personal preference

Tulak Hord
This is a truth. I wonder...without that one tiny line, would SW have been different? I mean, if he still was Luke's father, but you don't learn till like the 6th or 3rd one.

DarkYoda
Yeah, but how much of a shock would it be to SW noobs who watch it in order of 1-6 to learn that Anakin actually turns evil and Palpatine was really a Sith lord!

bilb
Times like that you wish weren;t so spoiled huh? stick out tongue

Tulak Hord
You know...Star Wars is best viewed with Alzhimers. You watch OT then PT, forget, 1-6..forget..repeat.

bilb
Good Plan!! I'll have to remember that when I get old.. oh wait stick out tongue

DarkYoda
If it were only possible to erase the images from our memory so we could see it for the first time all over again! eek!

That's kind of why it is so cool to watch it with someone that hasn't ever seen it before... it's like you see it through their eyes and it feels like you are watching for the first time all over again! (somewhat)

Tulak Hord
Here's a plan I know Red Superfly would do. Smack your head with a hard, blunt object many times until you forget everything about the movies, then watch again..and again..and again.

Paul-Muad'Dib
Well you cannot say that the true fans will watch in 4-6 and then 1-3 order, because i assume that for true fans you consider people ho have watched OT before the complete PT was made, so now we have a totaly different perspective and us who have watched the OT first will never know how it is to watch in order 1-6 for the first time, this can only be told to us. But if i think a little bit about the No, I am your father line shocker, that can be compared to Anakin's turn to evil, i mean common you gotta realize that people who watch PT first will be surprised as hell too. And imagine about Palpatine being a sith lord, thats a shocker too, they will probably be more enthusiastic about his manipulative mind than we, who have already known about the true sith lord since Episode I, i mean if you put 2 and 2 together.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.