Recommendations for a good quality camcorder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ellewoods2001
Hi, I'm shooting a low budget film next spring, and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a GOOD quality camera. I don't want this movie to look tacky, if you know what I mean...? Anyways I'm willing to spend $4,000 so if anyone has any recommendations, please reply!

PVS
get a really good one

Imperial_Samura
Yeah, with a budget of $4000 for a camcorder you should be able to get a pretty top end kind of unit. I would have to say one of the best I have come across is the Sony HDR-FX1, all round pretty good and not to pricey.

KidRock
Spending 4,000$ on a camera..yes, low budget indeed.

Imperial_Samura
I guess that's why it will be low budget... smile

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by Ellewoods2001
Hi, I'm shooting a low budget film next spring, and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a GOOD quality camera. I don't want this movie to look tacky, if you know what I mean...? Anyways I'm willing to spend $4,000 so if anyone has any recommendations, please reply!

If you're shooting a film, go rent a professional camera. You don't really want to use a camcorder for a non-tacky film.

Smodden
What do you mean by 'good quality camcorder'?

If you want to do editing on your pc and such...I suggest some sort of MiniDV format camera...They're easy to capture film from, and the quality is excellent. Sony makes a camera called the Handycam its about 4-$600. It's perfect for beginners...and its easy to take video and make your own movies and such...

hotsauce6548
^Yeah, I have one. They are very nice qualities, especially for beginners and low budgets. However, you have $4,000... so...

Buy the best one you can find!

GCG
Most new filmmakers fixate on the camera;

Well what format are you intending using ? Video or Film ?

If its low-budget DV (be it miniDV, DVcam, DVCPro etc)

Try looking for a Sony PD-150 and the Canon XL-1s

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.