Digitals!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RaeRox
ok, so i have a digital camera. and i am computer retarded. so how the f*ck do i get the stupid things from my camera to the computer?

RaeRox
Gee, thanx for all the help you know, you have all been soo supportive in my time of need! lol (that was sarcasm)

xLiNdS x 622x
OMG i was wondering the exact same thing..i know you have to plug the USB cable into the computer but i dont know where confused

RaeRox
dude, i get it plugged in and nothing happens. its pissing me off. i could scream.

xLiNdS x 622x
Do you have Windows XP?

RaeRox
no. i have HpImages and i have KodakEasyshare, and i have My Pictures, but i dont have Windows XP

xLiNdS x 622x
No i mean the type of computer...

RaeRox
no. i have a dell.

edida
see,no one else knows either!!! i think i know, but if im wrong, u r house will burn down.

xLiNdS x 622x
sigh....when you turn on your computer, does it say Windows XP?

RaeRox
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........not windows. OO OCOOL! YES I HAVE A WINDOWS XP. wow, see what i mean? computer retarded.

RaeRox
Originally posted by edida
see,no one else knows either!!! i think i know, but if im wrong, u r house will burn down.

risk im willing to take...lol.

xLiNdS x 622x
Ok well i dunno what to do then...something should pop up when you plug it in

RaeRox
o cool beans man...lol. your not a man....

RaeRox
IM GONNA CRY!

xLiNdS x 622x
ME TOO!!..i dont know where to plug it in mad

hotsauce6548
Okay, first of all, you need to know what kind of connection your camera supports. If it is a USB, than connect the one side into the camera, the other side into the computer's tower. Even if it is not a USB, connect the component into wherever the end going into the computer will fit. If it fits, congratulations, you have found the right port. Next thing, once you have it connected: You need to havesome sort of program to be able to download your pictures onto. I'm assuming you don't have a like program for your pictures? Well, if you don't, here is my suggestion: Go to Best Buy. Bring your camera. Ask for help. They'll be able to help more than any of us, since they will be able to see the camera and exactly what you are working with. smile

xLiNdS x 622x
i still dont know where to plug it in no expression

hotsauce6548
On your camera or into the computer?

xLiNdS x 622x
the computer

hotsauce6548
Well, first, do you have any program on your computer that you can download the pics on?

xLiNdS x 622x
no i have Windows XP so i dont need one...the little book says that something will just pop up when you plug it in

RaeRox
hmph. nothing happens. i dont get it.

hotsauce6548
I don't think so. I use Windows XP, and when I connect my camera, I always have to use a program to download the pics on. I use something called Picture Gear Lite.

Does the XP happen to say what application it uses to download pics on?

xLiNdS x 622x
no..supposedly there was a cd that came with it to download unless you have Windows XP but i didnt even get the cd

hotsauce6548
Can't say that I ever installed it... erm

Well, look on the birght side, you can get better help from the Best Buy Guys. Have fun! stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I don't think so. I use Windows XP, and when I connect my camera, I always have to use a program to download the pics on. I use something called Picture Gear Lite.

Does the XP happen to say what application it uses to download pics on?

My digital camera...once you plug the camera into the computer and turn the camera on, it does everything. It will pop up a dialogue box called "Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard". Click that, then follow the steps. Simple as pie.

My camera came with no CD's or anything, just plug and play.

xLiNdS x 622x
Yea well i dont know where to plug it into the computer!! mad

RaeRox
argh. this is screwed up man.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
Yea well i dont know where to plug it into the computer!! mad

The back of the computer more likely. stick out tongue

See the cable running from your camera? Find the port on the computer tower that matches that size and shape. Plug it in. blink Easy.

Maybe your camera came with the wrong cable. Mine did when I first got it, I had to buy a compatible one off of eBay for $.99

Also your computer might not support USB, but if it's a newer computer it definitely should support it.

xLiNdS x 622x
alright well on the other end of the USB cable (the end i plug into the computer) has two different plugs coming from it and i dont know which one to plug into the computer erm

Ken Kenobi
The skinny one, it should look like a skinny, longer rectangle.

xLiNdS x 622x
oooh i got it!..it works now! thanks

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by xLiNdS x 622x
oooh i got it!..it works now! thanks

You're welcome. happy

RaeRox
nothing is happening when i plug it in.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by RaeRox
nothing is happening when i plug it in.

Turn the camera on.

Then if nothing comes up, do a search for Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard.

kmcdude
U will NEVA do it,Rea rox laughing

RaeRox
^lol, well i just logged on, early in the morning to inform you that I DID do it, so ha! and thankies for the help ken.

Ken Kenobi
Not a prob Rae.

edida
does that mean i don't get to watch u r house burn down???

kmcdude
Originally posted by edida
does that mean i don't get to watch u r house burn down???

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.