Edan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathblow
I've been trying to find a flaw in this guy for months now, but I just can't. I suppose he's not as deep or profound as say, Mr. Lif, but that's pretty much nullified by the fact that he has an amazing way with words, and I mean on a MF Doom/GZA kind of level, better even.

For those who don't know him, he's a white, geeky, rock loving retrophile from Boston, who also just happens to be a highly skilled producer, DJ and lyricist, and the best white MC this side of Aesop Rock and El-P.

If you haven't got/heard his latest album (Beauty And The Beat, if it turns out not to be the best hip-hop album of '05, I'll eat my ipod), do yourself a favor and get the track ''Torture Chamber'' in your life some how. Percee-P opens it with a jaw-dropping verse that would kill any other song dead, but then Edan steps up and rips it to shreds, both of them flow like devils, and it's all set against a deafening beat that sounds like Gravediggaz meeting Rick Rubin. Best battle rap I've heard in some time.

Post away Edan fans.

MF D00m
Edan is the man. I posted one of his earlier tracks a couple of times awhile back but nobody really checked it out. Rap Beautician the track was. Sooo dope. In the hip-hop thread I said early in the year that Beauty and the Beat was one of the years best thus far. That still hasn't changed. Check it out kids.

hh?
when MF D00m posted Rap Beautician, i just tried finding all his albums. Beauty and the Beast was incredible. Easily Top 10 this year.

Deathblow
Oh god yeah, that's where I got Rap Beautician from! I'd totally forgotten where I'd got that mp3, it's been in my favorites playlist for so long, I know every lyric off by heart. D00m, man, you turned me on to Edan, I'm indebted to you forever.

And hh, be a lil more positive stick out tongue I'd say B&TB has to be a top 5 for the last 2 years, let alone top 10 just for this year.

I never claimed to be the best at anything I did
But I'm due for elevation cos I'm one smart kid,
So listen to the rhythms, the rhymes I wrote for you,
Some people don't be liking shit unless it's brand new
But let me tell you something boy the past is full of answers,
The present is a question and the future's the direction.

Blaow.

hh?
stick out tongue BLAOW

yea i guess it was a great album, i just said top 10 this year cuz the year isn't over yet.

and not to sound negative, but i enjoyed Blueprints album much more.

koolruningz
I've never heard of him but seeing as i respect your opinions so much I'll definitely check him out. Cheers.

koolruningz
jawdrop Torture chamber is relentless. walkman

hh?
laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
I DLed rap beautician. Something about his voice turns me off. Not my style or MC. I'd rather listen to Mos Def or Sage Francis.

koolruningz
Im lovin Mos Def at the moment. thumb up

Deathblow
Originally posted by koolruningz
jawdrop Torture chamber is relentless. walkman

Totally, on both production and verbal levels. I've tried singing along with Percee-P's verse on many occasion, can't do it.

It's also got to be the first song in history to use a sample of a man screaming in agony as the hook thumb up

koolruningz
I find myself rewinding it every few lines just to catch up with the lyrics. Its an assault on the eardrums. big grin

hh?
Im lovin Mos Def at the moment. thumb up

at first i didn't like New Danger, but it grows on you.

Viktor Vaughn
i had his new album on my pc, but my computer crashed and had to restart my music collection. from what i heard, the song with mr. lif was nice.

MF D00m
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I DLed rap beautician. Something about his voice turns me off. Not my style or MC. I'd rather listen to Mos Def or Sage Francis.

One song doesn't do an artist justice. Especially if they were only 16 when they made the track.

hh?
Originally posted by MF D00m
One song doesn't do an artist justice. Especially if they were only 16 when they made the track.

he was 16 shock

thumb up

koolruningz
I haven't heard that track yet, seems really hard to find.
I'm still stunned that Eyedea wrote "color the world mine" when he was 18. That's one of the most mind bending songs I've heard, when i think way back to when i was 18 and what i was doing its quite embarrassing in comparison.

hh?
laughing out loud

Eyedea is great.

Viktor Vaughn
I haven't heard that track yet, seems really hard to find.
I'm still stunned that Eyedea wrote "color the world mine" when he was 18. That's one of the most mind bending songs I've heard, when i think way back to when i was 18 and what i was doing its quite embarrassing in comparison.

the whole first born cd has to be one of the deepest cd's ever made.

birth of a fish is another trippy song like color my world mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.