If you could change one thing about Begins, what would it be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I would make the movie a bit less serious and more sensational by making the fighting scenes more titilating and the other scenes less long-winded. What about you?

NoFate007
Editing with the fight scenes, that's it.

Darth Macabre
Have Christian Bale grow another 2 inches. Edit the fights scenes thats all.

tpaquin
Replace Rachel Dawes with Harvey Dent...editing out the love story, of course...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by tpaquin
Replace Rachel Dawes with Harvey Dent...editing out the love story, of course...

Yeah or if not completely replace Rachel, then atleast mention Harvey Dent.

Bat Dude
Introduce Dent, edit fighting, have "Ras"(Ken W.) say something other than in a foreign language.

Sileas
make the sequel to it start right when begins ends.

show some detective skills. show us his brains, not just daredevil type side.

Morning_Glory
I would change... that Katie Holmes wasnt in it... meh!

DarkAge
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Have Christian Bale grow another 2 inches.

But he's 6'2", the same height as Batman... you were talking about his height right?

Max Spidey 24
I would change the name of the movie to SPiderman : ).....: ( ok I would change the fight scenes to make it a fight scene nd no more twoface, because he was in Batman and Robin.

Kieralinn
I pretty much wouldn't change a thing. I like how tight the fight scenes were edited. It gave me a real feel of how it would be to have Batman coming at you. Nothing but blurs, fists, kicks and chaos!

I agree about a love interest though. Rachel came off more as an old friend than a love interest...the whole scene on the end felt tacked on by some studio exec who said something like "But we need a romance angle for the female audience! Go shoot something now!" Bruce should still be a sl** puppy though...I mean with the 2 models at once on his arm and all the one night stand type flings to keep up his image. Not that he really does sleep with all of them, but you know what I mean, like in the comics. But no real love interest. He should be too busy being consumed with being Batman at the moment. Maybe a love interest in the 3rd....maybe.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by DarkAge
But he's 6'2", the same height as Batman... you were talking about his height right?

laughing LoL I was just kidding. I hate when people say frivolous things like that. My true answer was editing the fight scenes.

But while were on Christian Bale, how do you all think about his body type? Was it "jacked" enough for Batman or should he have been bigger? Smaller?

DarkAge
Christian was hell buff, just compare him to the scene in Forever where Kilmer has his shirt off... it's just embarassing...

vaya_the_elf
Just some of the fighting.

DeNiro
i would change the plot about the person that killed bruces parents. in the first batman movie with mike keaton the joker killed his parents with someone else most likly his number on guy that he killed at the end of the batman movie made in 1988 and his name was bob. but it was stupid because at the end of the movie of batman begins gordon tells batman that a new crimnal has arrived and that is the joker but the joker is the one that killed his parents and also batman created the joker by dropping him in the chemicals that just makes me mad because the joker is by far my favorite villan from anywhere.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DeNiro
i would change the plot about the person that killed bruces parents. in the first batman movie with mike keaton the joker killed his parents with someone else most likly his number on guy that he killed at the end of the batman movie made in 1988 and his name was bob. but it was stupid because at the end of the movie of batman begins gordon tells batman that a new crimnal has arrived and that is the joker but the joker is the one that killed his parents and also batman created the joker by dropping him in the chemicals that just makes me mad because the joker is by far my favorite villan from anywhere.

Bah, silly DeNiro, this isn't anything to do with the previous Batman movies. It's a brand new start, and there will be a brand new Joker in the next one.

dawsey28
DeNiro, that is EXACTLY what was wrong with Burton's film: Joker killing his parents. It was a drastic change in the Batman story and changed the whole point of who Batman is and what he does. Burton's film was about Bruce's search for the killer of his parents so that he could kill him back and find peace. That is NOT Batman. Batman doesn't kill. Bruce goes nuts, wears a bat suit, finds the guy that kills his parents, kills him, then settles down with the girl and retires. Nice movie but not a true Batman movie.

In Begins, Batman's parents are killed by Joe Chill, just like in the comics. And while there were changes in the story in Batman Begins, it is still much closer to what batman is supposed to be. Unlike Burton's film, the essence of Batman was captured.

Red Superfly
Yeah, it full explored the reason as to why Batman refuses to kill.

Holmes character was necessary to show to Bruce that killing is wrong, and that there are ways to punish criminals. I didn't notice it at first, but having Bruce's love interest as the plucky DA was a brilliant idea because it served a HUGE plot detail.

As for Batman's parents. Joe Chill killed them, not Joker. Not only is it faithful to the comics, Chill, again like Holmes character, serves the plot point again. They were characters that set up the Batman character. Batman's parents killer being murderred before Bruce could get to him himself meant that he could let go of his need to murder and see through his vengeful spirit, and abolish guns and any weapons that are used to primarily take life.

Batman Begins got it so right on so many levels, when you sit and think about it, it's quite perfect.

tpaquin
Between Joe Chill, Falcone, and Zazz, Begins did as many name drops as they possibly could. And I loved it. The big problem with Burton's batman was he wasn't a fan of the comics, or comics in general. He, in fact, when confronted by Kevin Smith about lifting the Ape on Lincoln's body from a Jay and Silent Bob comic, Burton said, "I've never read a comic and I'd definitely never read anything written by Kevin Smith."

That's when I lost a lot of respect for Burton.

DirectorFitz
not a thing

Kieralinn
Originally posted by DeNiro

That's because the '89 film took liberties with the actually real story in the comics. What Batman Begins did was what really happened. And Joker showing up at the end is exactly out of Batman:Year One graphic novel. That exact scene.

The 1989 film was not what was in the comics...the whole Batman made Joker/Joker made Batman by killing his parents was just for a dramatic story.....in Batman Begins they do exactly what was in the comics.....This is really POing me that people don't bother to check stuff out that is readily availible on line to see/read. Any Batman site would have that info.

Infact here is Batman in the comics showing Joe Chill who he is!

JOE CHILL killed Bruce Wayne's parents NOT THE JOKER!! As much as I love that film..I wish they had never done that because people don't bother to find out that it's not true and then rag on the new film mad

DarkAge
^That's a sweet pic.

Mainstream
have Ra call Batman Detective like he does on the cartoon and comics

Ra Al Ghul: we meet again Detective.

Ra Al Ghul: you win this round Decective.

Ra Al Ghul: you're good Detective..but I'm far better.

have him say stuff like that.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by dawsey28
DeNiro, that is EXACTLY what was wrong with Burton's film: Joker killing his parents. It was a drastic change in the Batman story and changed the whole point of who Batman is and what he does. Burton's film was about Bruce's search for the killer of his parents so that he could kill him back and find peace. That is NOT Batman. Batman doesn't kill. Bruce goes nuts, wears a bat suit, finds the guy that kills his parents, kills him, then settles down with the girl and retires. Nice movie but not a true Batman movie.

In Begins, Batman's parents are killed by Joe Chill, just like in the comics. And while there were changes in the story in Batman Begins, it is still much closer to what batman is supposed to be. Unlike Burton's film, the essence of Batman was captured.

Yeah, and Chill is killed by Falcone anyway so Bruce can't find vengence on his parents murderer which means he's Batman forever. Unlike Kilmer. lol.

b-dan
have scarecrow in it more

WindDancer
Absolutely nothing...why tamper with a great film?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WindDancer
Absolutely nothing...why tamper with a great film?

I pretty much agree with WindDancer.The ONLY thing I would change about it which was the main thing that made me a little dissapointed with it,was they should have had that kid be Dick Greyson.She should have said -whats your name hony? and he says-Dick Greyson.That was one of the same gripes I had about Batman 89 was it left you hanging wondering if Robin would ever be in a sequel. mad

bakerboy
Nothing, it was amazing. But if i have to choose something, i would choose the design of the batmovile, it could be much more better.

Mr Parker
Oh Yeah.I forgot about that.Yeah they could have had a better Batmobile.

vvvrulz
Yeah I didnt particularly like the 'Tank' all that much, I'd say the ol '89 Batmobile was the best. Elegant yet powerful.

WindDancer
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Oh Yeah.I forgot about that.Yeah they could have had a better Batmobile.

Just look at it as Batman's SUV. wink

dawsey28
Because there were parts that weren't so great.

EsteemedLeader
I would change the way Ra's uses Ubu as his decoy. That's not really true to Ra's nature. hes always been a cocky, in-your-face kinda guy

EsteemedLeader
like " I am Ras Al Ghul and im way better than you detective hahahahahaha"!!

EsteemedLeader
actually i would change nearly everything since the movie sux!!!!!im so mad I could just eat people

vvvrulz
Why do you think it sucks dude?

Mr Parker
Yeah funny that you say that because your the only one that has come on here and said that.

Mr Parker
Oh there is one more other thing I would have changed about it as well that just occured to me.They should not have had Batman tell Rachel his identity.Burton did that in 89 and what followed was every sequel afterwards,the ladyfriend was always learning his identity.The fact that Rachel found out his identity gives me bad vibes the sequels may follow that same path that the sequels after Batman 89 did.Should have just kept it to Alfred and Morgan Freemans character knowing his identity.

WindDancer
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
actually i would change nearly everything since the movie sux!!!!!im so mad I could just eat people

Took you 3 posts to make up your mind?

Mainstream
indeed kool-msn

WindDancer
haha! I love it!

systemshock2
The only thing I would change would involve the death of Bruce's parents. For some reason it didn't leave as lasting of an impact as it should have. The tension leading up to it was good, such as the appearance of Joe Chill and Bruce's father's short interaction with him, but once the actual shooting happened, it seemed so...quick. Maybe Nolan did it to emphasize how quickly a life can be taken, but it IMO it sacrificed some of the dramatic possibilities. Batman 89's death scene is still the most powerful, with the profound bullet sounds and the slow-motion.

Myth
Oh there is one more other thing I would have changed about it as well that just occured to me.They should not have had Batman tell Rachel his identity.Burton did that in 89 and what followed was every sequel afterwards,the ladyfriend was always learning his identity.The fact that Rachel found out his identity gives me bad vibes the sequels may follow that same path that the sequels after Batman 89 did.Should have just kept it to Alfred and Morgan Freemans character knowing his identity.

Well, she did know him since childhood so maybe that will be the exception.

vvvrulz
Yeah i'm definately with you on that one. Burton's version I thought was superb, the way the colors were deliberately softened, the audio focused only on the gunshots and the dropping of the necklace, it was just awesomely done.

This one was indeed just a little too gung-ho.

Parker > I agree on the point about giving up his identity, it was pretty annoying as I feel Batman should be doing his best to prevent ANYONE from knowing. It was a rather lame giveaway.

EsteemedLeader
bruce became batman to be a dark knight of vengeance and try to find the man that killed his parents. but chill is killed before he even becomes batman

EsteemedLeader
and why is every goddamn thing in the movie brown?

Mr Parker
As much as I love that film.

Man Kieralinn you love that horrible Batman 89 film?Why that movie totally butchered Batmans character making him into a cowardly killer .Burton should be shot for such an atrocity especially for killing his arch enemy The Joker. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah i'm definately with you on that one. Burton's version I thought was superb, the way the colors were deliberately softened, the audio focused only on the gunshots and the dropping of the necklace, it was just awesomely done.

This one was indeed just a little too gung-ho.

Parker > I agree on the point about giving up his identity, it was pretty annoying as I feel Batman should be doing his best to prevent ANYONE from knowing. It was a rather lame giveaway.

Yeah that was the one thing in that film that irked me.We already had to see that in the last four batman movies cant they make one for once without doing that.That was just so unnessary. mad

vvvrulz
And its always to the token bimbo of the movie too. Of all worthless people to reveal your secret too...

EsteemedLeader
well, the movie skipped around time periods in the begining, everything was brown (am i the only one who noticed that? tell me im wrong) and the movie was to surreal, like it would make more sense if you watched it while high. ra's was always a cocky in-your-face guy. he wouldnt have had ubu pose as him, since he feared no man and, thus, no assassination attempt. they toned him down to much. he was supposed to snap and fight with rage at mankind. and scarecrow was a lacky? that sucked. and he was defeated by rachel with a tazer-gun. first, anyone who can take bats cant be stopped by a tazer. second, if this is this past, how come they have tazer guns? another thing, if the bat-car-thing (i cant call that thing the batmobile) was designed to build bridges, how come it had all that stealth,and missiles. and that raises the point that bat didnt design the stuff himself, which he should. that just takes away from his character, buying it like that. instead of a cool final fight with ra's, theres a short little duel on the train. and they kept repeating cool scenes, like the way batman does that swoop-down-and-grab-you thing...three times, all of them almost identical. more reasons but probly to long already.

chilled monkey
And its always to the token bimbo of the movie too. Of all worthless people to reveal your secret too...

She was not a 'token bimbo'. She was Bruce's best friend since childhood and an important ally in his fight against crime (because she's a D.A.). Who better to reveal his secret to?

Red Superfly

She was no bimbo. She was pretty damn good.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
and scarecrow was a lacky? that sucked. and he was defeated by rachel with a tazer-gun. first, anyone who can take bats cant be stopped by a tazer.

and that raises the point that bat didnt design the stuff himself, which he should. that just takes away from his character, buying it like that.

First, Scarecrow can't 'take bats'. He's not a fighter. Physically, he's a weak, skinny guy who can be stopped by a tazer just like you and I can.

Second, I liked the fact that someone else builds the gear. It adds to the realism. I hate it when Batman is shown as 'Mr Perfect who can do anything and everything'.

Having people who take care of certain aspects (as opposed to doing it all himself), makes Batman more real and human, which is supposed to be what he's all about.

lil pimp
more use of the baterangs,more color in the film but not exaggerating as schumacers films just make it look more like Manhattan in a way, and make it a more fast paste movie.

yerssot
ah, I like the color how it was, made it more dark what matched the feeling of the movie

Jargon343
Replace the chick who played Batmans love interest (the scientologist from dawsins creek)

Have christian bale tone down the overacting when he's batman a bit

Jargon343
Originally posted by chilled monkey
First, Scarecrow can't 'take bats'. He's not a fighter. Physically, he's a weak, skinny guy who can be stopped by a tazer just like you and I can.

Second, I liked the fact that someone else builds the gear. It adds to the realism. I hate it when Batman is shown as 'Mr Perfect who can do anything and everything'.

Having people who take care of certain aspects (as opposed to doing it all himself), makes Batman more real and human, which is supposed to be what he's all about.

I dunno about the comics, but I remember in TAS he had a guy who worked on all his cars and stuff too.

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Have Christian Bale grow another 2 inches. Edit the fights scenes thats all.

Y'know, to date, Christian Bale (aside from Adam West) is the only actor to ever play Batman that is as tall as Batman/Bruce is in the comics, 6' 2" so he's the perfect height. smile

Anyways, I'd just pull the camera back on the fight scenes, when Batman's kicking someone's ass, I wanna see it!

Batman Returns
omg, what would i change!!!!!??? where do i begin!!!!??

"are you ready to begin..."

first,

1. change that horrible batman voice!!!! batman isnt clint eastwood or wolverine!!

2. get better villians!!! ras was alright, but what did they do to scarecrow!! omg, no scarecrow suit!!? whats scary about a guy in a blue suit with a potatoe sack over his head, he looked just like a common hoodlum, not like the SCARECROW!! thats unforgivable!!

3. NO corny quips! do i even have to give examples??? "nice coat" (i will never forgive this line, it ruined the "im Batman" moment!!!! mad ), "i GOT to get me one of those!!" (gordon, shut up), "its FLYING on ROOFTOPS!!! (omg, corny!! no wonder andy dick made fum of this line!), "excuse me" (that is NOT what batman says!!), etc.

4. keep lucious fox away from wayne!! he was not needed!! he was ALWAYS helping wayne do EVERYTHING!! and lucious is not Q! why did nolan turn him into Q!!! he stopped bruce waynr from brcomeing the detective!!

5. make the batmobile look sleeker. what is this, batman now has an SUV?? the burton batmonbile rules for a REASON: it wasnt a stupid bulky ass tank!! its was sleek and cool and had awsome weapons that werent "over the top" like the so called "tumbler". andother reason its stupid is cuz its CALLED "THE TUMBLER"!! ITS SUPPOSED TO BE CALLED THE BATMOBILE!! UGH! add fins next time!!

6. have batman do actual detective work like he did in the first 2 films, not have lucious make the damn antidote and make room for comics relief as well. sleep

7. would have changed the bruces death scene, it wasnt ass impactive as it was in B89, THAT death scene was PERFECT!!

BlackC@t
Better fight scenes, everything else was perfect.

Maybe have the Batmobile a little more 'bat-like.'

BlackC@t
Originally posted by Batman Returns

first,

1. change that horrible batman voice!!!! batman isnt clint eastwood or wolverine!!

7. would have changed the bruces death scene, it wasnt ass impactive as it was in B89, THAT death scene was PERFECT!!

Loved The Batman voice, very garvely and scary.

Second, the death scene in B89 sucked, why? Beacuse it was not sorrowful, we did not know Bruce's parents so we did not feel sorry for them, and Bruce didn't even shed a tear.

brainchild81
Those horrible fight scenes.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by BlackC@t

and forced. and "wannabe tough". and marble mouth. and over-reacting. ugh, sucked.

Second, the death scene in B89 sucked, why? Beacuse it was not sorrowful, we did not know Bruce's parents so we did not feel sorry for them, and Bruce didn't even shed a tear.

it was plenty sorrowful to me, and just cuz bruce didnt overreact like the stupid ass kid in BB doesnt make the scene suck. he was probably too nervous that HE would get killed, especially with that guy pointing his gun at him! duh! i would be the same way!! and i didnt need to KNOW who the parents were to feel bad, they all looked liked they loved each other alot, THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW. nolan went into way too much detail that was NOT need IMO.

it was done perfectly to a T. great death scene. death scene lacked emotion in BB, or had too MUCH emotion, whatever, it just didnt impact me as much as B89. thats my opinion.

braz
^tru i see what ur sayin...the death scene i thought in begins wasnt dramatic at all...they just got shot, the thug ran off, n his dad said dont be afraid to bruce, n he died n he just knelt in the ally n it seemed rather boring to me....there shouldve been more emotion i thought... but overall that was a kickass movie so who cares!
but one other thing id change about begins is the fighting scenes which were, yes, like everyone else has said, too short and blurry...but having that effect also made it seem much more intense....ionno i just couldnt tell what was really happening till like the thrid time i saw the movie

Batman Returns
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET TO MENTION THE GOD-AWFUL FIGHT SCENES!!!

imgonna go back and edit my "what would i change?" list. big grin

damnit! i cant edit my list!! oh well....

anyways, i DO agree, the fight scenes sucked. at least in the burton films you could see the fights happen, hell, even in the schumacher films. in BB, those choppy, to fast fights were enough to make your eyes turn all the way in the back of your head. sick its like, ok, batman rasies his right arm to block, a second later his right hand is punching a guy in the face, then a second later he head butts someone then a second later hes doin a backflip, LOL, i mean, what is this, twister?

if the sequel would just change these flaws, it would be, well, as much as i hate to say this, perfect.

Mr Parker

well said black cat.yeah Bales batman voice was great for the reasons you said and the batman 89 death scene really sucked because very little of that film was devoted to batman so you could not care about them and like you said,he didnt even shed a tear as a kid or as an adult in those films.

Batman Returns
well said black cat.yeah Bales batman voice was great for the reasons you said and the batman 89 death scene really sucked because very little of that film was devoted to batman so you could not care about them and like you said,he didnt even shed a tear as a kid or as an adult in those films.

i give up. your like 2 years old, blabbin how bad the past films are. obviously your not a true bat fan, you should be able to enjoy ALL the different versions, not just ONE version, that makes you sound closed minded and ignorant, especially when you post things like "oh B89 sucks cuz i just think it sucks blah blah", cuz you come off lookin reeeally stupid, and i bet you sure wont make a lot of friends THAT way. not sure if you got my post about how your opinion doesnt rule all, but if you did, you obviosuly dont give a ****, your just bein a big baby. nopw please just STFU if ya got nothin nice to say, or dont say ****.

bakerboy
First of all, bale was perfect in all the concepts of the character. Phischally, voice, acting, etc. He is both batman and bruce wayne. Somewhat that keaton, kilmer or clooney never did.

Second of all, a true batman fan is the one who is capable of distinguish the unfaithful vertion from the faithful vertion. And the nolan movie was the faithful one, meanwhile the others where just betrayals to the character meaning and concept, in one way or another.

bakerboy
And i dont understand this critizment to bale's voice. His voice was perfect, creepy and dark, as batman voice is supposed to be.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by bakerboy
First of all, bale was perfect in all the concepts of the character. Phischally, voice, acting, etc. He is both batman and bruce wayne. Somewhat that keaton, kilmer or clooney never did.

Second of all, a true batman fan is the one who is capable of distinguish the unfaithful vertion from the faithful vertion. And the nolan movie was the faithful one, meanwhile the others where just betrayals to the character meaning and concept, in one way or another.

oh boy you are SO wrong here, with everything. first, its in YOUR opinion that bales voice, build, hair, penis, etc. was perfect for batman. I, and others here, however, did NOT find him to be the perfect batman. infact, far from it. there was alot wrong with his batman espcailly that i wasnt likeing or digging at all. NOPE, i didnt like his forced dorky voice. batman is suppsoed to sound serious, not sound like someone who is "trying to BE" serious. came off forced and i didnt like it. he was simply trying TOO HARD, as did alot in this movie.

second, wtf are you talking about "telling the difference" between a so called "faithful" one and the so called "unfaithful" one?? WAKE UUUUPP!!!SMELL THE COOOFEEE!!! they were ALL faithful and UNfaithful in there OWN ways. not one of them is perfect. BB wasnt perfect cuz, well, other then the reasons ive mentioned, it didnt have ducard ras training bruce oin the comics like he was in the movie. next, where did the character "rachel dawse" come from?? thats cuz she WASNT in the comics (not to mention bad casting)!! next, where does it say that batman got his "suit" from lucious??? there were a MILLION different ways that batman got his suit in the comics, not JUST through lucious, wich in fact he never did!! also, why does everyone complain that bales batman didnt "kill"?? he DID!!! he let ras die on the train, ket him get crushed!!! he KILLED (and no ras isnt alive)!! and batmsn glider cape, where in the comics is THAT!! and where does it say that it worked cuz of "electro impulses" or some **** like that???? and where does it say that bruce went to the himalyas to train to become batman??? and why werent the villian costumes accurate??? why wasnt scarecrow's suit a scarecrow??? why was it just a dopr in a blue suit with a burlap mask over his head??? and why didnt ras have the robes in green (and no, one little tiny green scarf wont do the trick)???

oh boy, BB certainly WASNT faithful to comics as much as ppl like top preach. hell, i dont cARE about the comics, as long as BB was a good Batman movie!! at least B89 had the right costumes, ala JOKER!! HE LOOKED PERFECT, JUST LIKE THE COMICS!! nolan, was it THAT hard to make the comic's costumes???

nolan, you make me sick. sick

bakerboy
Batman begins wasnt 100%faithful, but yes much more faithful than the burton or shumacher movies, and is a much better movie with a better script and better performances.

If i would post here the differences between the burton and schumacher movies with the comics, i wont finish it in a day.

Keaton didnt look anything as batman or bruce wayne. Nicholson didnt look anything as the joker. De vito penguin didnt look anything as the penguin.

Batman Returns
Between Joe Chill, Falcone, and Zazz, Begins did as many name drops as they possibly could. And I loved it. The big problem with Burton's batman was he wasn't a fan of the comics, or comics in general. He, in fact, when confronted by Kevin Smith about lifting the Ape on Lincoln's body from a Jay and Silent Bob comic, Burton said, "I've never read a comic and I'd definitely never read anything written by Kevin Smith."

That's when I lost a lot of respect for Burton.

oh just STFU. we're talking about what would we change in BB, not what we would change in B89. SO offtopic, and most of what your saying doesnt even matter. roll eyes (sarcastic) stop bashing please, its rediculous. there are those of us who LOVE those masterpieces. BB to me was so rediculosly boring and ppl to need to stop making it like its a godsend. my friend, it is NOT. far from it. where was the excitement? why was the Bmobile a friggin SUV? why did bale look like jay leno in that HORRIBLE , oversized cowl?? why so many stupid subplots (that stuuuuupid microwave ****)?? why katie holmes for godsake? why no faithful villian costumes? why "robot" batman?? why "nice coat" line that ruined the "im batman" scene??? why is gotham city chicago?? why no atmosphere like the burton films had?? why is lucious fox Q??WHY WHY WHY????? theres much wrong with BB, but cuz its the "new" bat film, everyones praising it. just wait a few more months, ppl wont be prasing it that much. and BB was hardly memorable like the awsome burton films were. BB had no bat-theme!! wtf? whats with nolan and his "realism" BS? guess what ? IT DIDNT WORK. nolan should have just stuck to his wittle indie stupid films, he made a movie, not a BATman movie, and for THAT, i will not forgive him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

vaya_the_elf

Also I loved the voice as well. It was a different side of man, and I liked it.

Bardock42
Number one thing would be the Love Storys...cut it out...show him as a loner...maybe Harvey Dent.

Second don't let Ra's die...it's not Batman like....didn't like that actually.....he said to Jean Paul that "walking away" so one gets killed is for him just as bad as actually killing.

Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
I would change the name of the movie to SPiderman : ).....: ( ok I would change the fight scenes to make it a fight scene nd no more twoface, because he was in Batman and Robin.
Not sure if anyone said it but Two Face was in "Batman Forever"...not "Batman and Robin"

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy

Well spoken again Bakerboy.Those other four batman movies were a betrayel to the batman comics and thankfully Nolan has made those god awful burton and schuamcher batman movies nothing but a bad memory.Bale was perfect.He had the right intimidating voice and did not look like a wuss in his fights like keaton did in the first batman movie.Thank god for nolan for making a batman movie that did the cape crusader justice and not portraying him as the cowardly killer the first two batman films did.Nolan rules. Happy Dance

Mr Parker
oh just STFU. we're talking about what would we change in BB, not what we would change in B89. SO offtopic, and most of what your saying doesnt even matter. roll eyes (sarcastic) stop bashing please, its rediculous. there are those of us who LOVE those masterpieces. BB to me was so rediculosly boring and ppl to need to stop making it like its a godsend. my friend, it is NOT. far from it. where was the excitement? why was the Bmobile a friggin SUV? why did bale look like jay leno in that HORRIBLE , oversized cowl?? why so many stupid subplots (that stuuuuupid microwave ****)?? why katie holmes for godsake? why no faithful villian costumes? why "robot" batman?? why "nice coat" line that ruined the "im batman" scene??? why is gotham city chicago?? why no atmosphere like the burton films had?? why is lucious fox Q??WHY WHY WHY????? theres much wrong with BB, but cuz its the "new" bat film, everyones praising it. just wait a few more months, ppl wont be prasing it that much. and BB was hardly memorable like the awsome burton films were. BB had no bat-theme!! wtf? whats with nolan and his "realism" BS? guess what ? IT DIDNT WORK. nolan should have just stuck to his wittle indie stupid films, he made a movie, not a BATman movie, and for THAT, i will not forgive him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

those burton batman movies are crap,we have given our reasons to you many times why they are not masterpieces.Batman Begins is the masterpiece Batman movie.Thats laughable that you call batman begins rediculesly boring.Batman Begins had everything in it a batman movie should have in it that we were robbed of in 89.Great action-a muct for a batman movie.Great plot,great acting,great casting.None of those qualitys were present in those god awful Burton Batman movies.yes it IS godsend because this batman movie finally did the cape crusader justice showing his true character,not making him the cowardly killer the first two films made him into.The excitement was there from beginning to end so what are you talking about? roll eyes (sarcastic) I t made up for that horrible batman 89 where all they did was stand around and talk practically the whole damn time for the first hour and a half with just a few action scenes here and there.now THAT was rediculously boring.The excitment was there from the begginning,wake up. roll eyes (sarcastic) faithful villian costumes? your crippling your arguments BIG TIME!!! THE SCARECROW costume was a hell of a lot closer to being faithful than that horrible costume and bad makeup look that Devito had on as the penguin. roll eyes (sarcastic) where is this robot batman crap coming from? watch the movie again there was no robot batman present in this film.nice coat ruined the scene? yeah right,whatever.It was probably more chicago because it had the just the right look of gothem,dark and derpressing and not too dark like burtons was.Burton was on the right track for the right look only he made his movies too dark making it hard to see anything,which nolan did so well portraying.No it has nothing to do with it being new that everybody priasing it.It is getting the praise it deserves because it erased the horrible nightmare franchise of the other batman films and its a batman movie that did his character justice FINALLY!!!!! why is that so hard to comprehend? geez.it was very memorable,it was touching unlike those horrible burton batman movies.The only thing the burton films did right where they were better than Begins was it had a better batmobile and better theme song.I will give you credit there,you actually madea good point for a change there.

you dont have a clue whatsoever what your talking about.If you ever read the batman comics and at this point I am seriously doubting you ever did,you would know for a fact that it was "Burton" that made a movie and NOT A BATMAN MOVIE. Nolan "did" make a batman movie.

read the comics and come come back here in a few years when you actually no what your talking about after reading through them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

guys,I strongly advise you to take my advise and ignore this batman returns,he just insults everybody if they dont agree with him.

Mr Parker
oh boy you are SO wrong here, with everything. first, its in YOUR opinion that bales voice, build, hair, penis, etc. was perfect for batman. I, and others here, however, did NOT find him to be the perfect batman. infact, far from it. there was alot wrong with his batman espcailly that i wasnt likeing or digging at all. NOPE, i didnt like his forced dorky voice. batman is suppsoed to sound serious, not sound like someone who is "trying to BE" serious. came off forced and i didnt like it. he was simply trying TOO HARD, as did alot in this movie.

second, wtf are you talking about "telling the difference" between a so called "faithful" one and the so called "unfaithful" one?? WAKE UUUUPP!!!SMELL THE COOOFEEE!!! they were ALL faithful and UNfaithful in there OWN ways. not one of them is perfect. BB wasnt perfect cuz, well, other then the reasons ive mentioned, it didnt have ducard ras training bruce oin the comics like he was in the movie. next, where did the character "rachel dawse" come from?? thats cuz she WASNT in the comics (not to mention bad casting)!! next, where does it say that batman got his "suit" from lucious??? there were a MILLION different ways that batman got his suit in the comics, not JUST through lucious, wich in fact he never did!! also, why does everyone complain that bales batman didnt "kill"?? he DID!!! he let ras die on the train, ket him get crushed!!! he KILLED (and no ras isnt alive)!! and batmsn glider cape, where in the comics is THAT!! and where does it say that it worked cuz of "electro impulses" or some **** like that???? and where does it say that bruce went to the himalyas to train to become batman??? and why werent the villian costumes accurate??? why wasnt scarecrow's suit a scarecrow??? why was it just a dopr in a blue suit with a burlap mask over his head??? and why didnt ras have the robes in green (and no, one little tiny green scarf wont do the trick)???

oh boy, BB certainly WASNT faithful to comics as much as ppl like top preach. hell, i dont cARE about the comics, as long as BB was a good Batman movie!! at least B89 had the right costumes, ala JOKER!! HE LOOKED PERFECT, JUST LIKE THE COMICS!! nolan, was it THAT hard to make the comic's costumes???

nolan, you make me sick. sick

okay this will be my last post to you on this because you made one good point here.Yeah none of them were a 100% faithful to the comic but the changes in batman begins were reasonable and did not damage the batman mythos like burtons did.Burtons batman movie betrayed his character turning him into a cowardly killer and that was a sin for him to kill the joker.burton should be shot for such a travesty of justice.Blae did not kill his mentor,theres a huge difference between not saving someone and murdering a person in cold blood like burtons batman movies did.bales batman did not murder people,that doesnt qualify as killing someone by not rescuing a person.well then you should love the movie because BB was a great film unlike those crapfest burton movies.the burton movies were not real at all because batman should have been wanted for murder at the end for the joker,not treated like a damn hero. batman begins showed realisem because in real life,they would have said what they said in the movie which was nobody takes the law into their own hands in my town,which is why they were hunting down batman.none of that realisem was present in the burton batman films.bb had realsisem in it,batman 89 and batman returns did not.

TwoFace2
I like the way they use Scarecrow in the movie. He didnt wear fully clothed Scarecrow, but that's just only the beginning. Maybe there's a story behind Scarecrow. Like, maybe Batman finds out that Crane was kicked out of the University due to testing experiments on students and that caught Ra's attention. Ra offer him a job to work for him and have him work at the asylum.

Tazer in his face didnt kill him at all. He needs time to pull himself together and come back as a main villain. Since Ra's dead and he's on his own, he shuld gather up left overs of Ra's henchmen and rule Gotham City again. Probaby end up at the dam like in the comics. Everything in the movie is just a warm up. There's many possibiliies going on in the future films.

I say, this Batman Begins topped all the films and the best comic book movie Ive seen.

Mr Parker
It sure Did top all the Batman movies.Even most the people who liked the Burton films have said Begins made them look like horrible films.

pr1983
It sure Did top all the Batman movies.Even most the people who liked the Burton films have said Begins made them look like horrible films.

Most? I doubt it...

tpaquin

Wow. You dug up a comment that I made about three weeks ago, and then began ranting incoongruously.

Everybody has their own opinion. There's no point in being a blowhard about it..

Mr Parker
yeah I guess I wouldnt say most,just a lot since a lot of people have come on these threads since the movie and have said that.

Mr Parker
Wow. You dug up a comment that I made about three weeks ago, and then began ranting incoongruously.

Everybody has their own opinion. There's no point in being a blowhard about it..

yeah the fact that he dug up a comment you posted over 3 weeks ago just proves that he is like that sevenman guy,just seeking attention.The best thing to do is just ignore him and hopefully he'll go away,thats what sevenman did when people stopped responding to his posts and stopped playing his game.

tpaquin
nolan should have just stuck to his wittle indie stupid films, he made a movie, not a BATman movie, and for THAT, i will not forgive him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but that's the most buttheaded comment that I've ever read. Wittle Indie Films? As though movies made outside of the studio system are somehow lesser? Maybe if you weren't so ignorant you'd be able to appreciate movies that are just "wittle indipendets." Maybe when you're a little older.

uguysareisiots
I would not change anything about BB The fight scenes are great for a reason. You are supposed to not see everything clearly because it is supposed to be like a blur, and that also Batman is elusive, and fast. (Did you guys forget that technically he is a ninja?)I think that Nolan's Batman is by far the greatest of all the Films. Burton's was ok ....Schumacher's I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for. Those ones were an abomination! The film was superbly cast-except I do not know where Katie Holmes fit in with all the top-notch actors, such as Caine, Neeson, Oldman, Freeman, Bale, and Watanabe. I think that Kate Beckinsale would have made a great Dawes. She is GREAT at hiding her accent. Plus she is a way better actress and ten times hotter than holmes. Also I am glad that David S. Goyer, and Christopher Nolan cleared up the fact that the Joker DID NOT KILL Bruce Wayne's Parents.

Silverstein
Originally posted by uguysareisiots
I would not change anything about BB The fight scenes are great for a reason. You are supposed to not see everything clearly because it is supposed to be like a blur, and that also Batman is elusive, and fast. (Did you guys forget that technically he is a ninja?)I think that Nolan's Batman is by far the greatest of all the Films. Burton's was ok ....Schumacher's I wouldnt give a bucket of piss for. Those ones were an abomination! The film was superbly cast-except I do not know where Katie Holmes fit in with all the top-notch actors, such as Caine, Neeson, Oldman, Freeman, Bale, and Watanabe. I think that Kate Beckinsale would have made a great Dawes. She is GREAT at hiding her accent. Plus she is a way better actress and ten times hotter than holmes. Also I am glad that David S. Goyer, and Christopher Nolan cleared up the fact that the Joker DID NOT KILL Bruce Wayne's Parents.

ya, the fighting was a blur, but meh i dont give a damn. And Kate beckinsale would have been a cool rachel dawes, i dont like katie holmes that much.

changes i want:
-no katie holmes
-poor batcave (barely anything was in the batcave except his car, a table, lights and a cuboard)
-scarecrow needs a better suit (red, with sewn on patches) atleast
-other things in the movie are great

Doc Ock
Change the fight scenes.Half the time you had no idea wtf is going on.

And give Scarecrow more screen time and better character development.And don't have him be defeated in such a lame way.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Change the fight scenes.Half the time you had no idea wtf is going on.

And give Scarecrow more screen time and better character development.And don't have him be defeated in such a lame way.

im sure Nolan made the fighting look chaotic for a reason tho. Although he shouldve given variety of shots to the fight scenes.

Scarecrow is human. But how would you imagine him being defeated? just curious

NoFate007
Originally posted by Silverstein
changes i want:
-no katie holmes
-poor batcave (barely anything was in the batcave except his car, a table, lights and a cuboard)
-scarecrow needs a better suit (red, with sewn on patches) atleast
-other things in the movie are great

-I thought Holmes was good - she didn't play the bumbling idiot or the incredibly unbelievable "kickass girl". She was a safe middle between those 2 extremes that pop up.
-Hey give the guy a break, he's just starting out lol.
-definitely
-yup

Silverstein
i cant really think of anything else id want to change, well done film, the only things id want to change would be too picky. Like, maybe they should make a real batsuit, composed of seperate pieces, instead of like 1 rubber piece suit. but thats being picky

Doc Ock

Scarecrow is human. But how would you imagine him being defeated? just curious

Have Batman defeat him of course.

Not get shot in the face with an electric stun device by Rachel and go away wailing on a horse.

TwisterGameX

Not get shot in the face with an electric stun device by Rachel and go away wailing on a horse.

laughing

and he sounded so kool first the girl said crane and then the guy in a kick ass vioce said NO SCARE CROW B*TCH and the damn horse is breathing fire I was like oh shit then he gets ****ed up by a tazer.

Silverstein

I meant: how do you think Batman would defeat him?

TheFlash
Just fight scenes. That's it. They were shot too close in. The seriousness was cool as hell though, because BB wasn't campy like nearly every other Batman film. BB reminded me of Frank Miller's Batman Year One graphic novels.

Silverstein
i think BB was partially based on the Year One graphic novels

darthmaul1
Change how the stealth mode worked. instead of turning off his lights and the cops are oh my god he just disappeared, it's a ghost car.

Make it so it actually cloaks and disappears.

peejay88
1. Christian Bale was a great batman, probably the best so far, but some things got on my nerves about him, such as his lisp and i know it's picky but i don't think he looks like how you'd expect bruce to look, his jaw isn't square enough, or something just doesn't look right.

2.The batmobile was cool but it just wasnt a Batmobile, the stealth mode was kinda goofy as well. maybe if they smoothed out the body of the car and maybe added fins it might look more like a Batmobile.

3.There were no nipples on the batsuit!! wtf LOL big grin (only kiddin)

4. The scarecrow should have worn the entire scarecrow outfit (with straw hair and hat) at some point in the film.

5. the scene where bruces parents are killed should have been longer and more dramatic (the scene where he shows bruce the pearls earlier on is very sad though, probably because of the way the pearls fell on the ground in batman 89, made it more poignant) Why did they walk out the back door into a seedy alley? They were kinda askin for it.

6. The relationship between bruce and Alfred was nice but, i think Alfred was too much of a cockney and not enough like a 'terribly english butler'

7. maybe Gotham could have looked a tad more gothic, looked too much like metropolis.

BTW when was the story set, which depression were they reffering to in the film, the wall street crash? if so, the train that bruce and his parents were on was far too advanced.

Terrorking
i would show more of Zsasz and make him look more like he did in the books

add the glasses and give him a buzz cut

plus he should have had his shirt off before he left the asylum so we could see more cars

Silverstein
Originally posted by peejay88
1. Christian Bale was a great batman, probably the best so far, but some things got on my nerves about him, such as his lisp and i know it's picky but i don't think he looks like how you'd expect bruce to look, his jaw isn't square enough, or something just doesn't look right.

2.The batmobile was cool but it just wasnt a Batmobile, the stealth mode was kinda goofy as well. maybe if they smoothed out the body of the car and maybe added fins it might look more like a Batmobile.

3.There were no nipples on the batsuit!! wtf LOL big grin (only kiddin)

4. The scarecrow should have worn the entire scarecrow outfit (with straw hair and hat) at some point in the film.

5. the scene where bruces parents are killed should have been longer and more dramatic (the scene where he shows bruce the pearls earlier on is very sad though, probably because of the way the pearls fell on the ground in batman 89, made it more poignant) Why did they walk out the back door into a seedy alley? They were kinda askin for it.

6. The relationship between bruce and Alfred was nice but, i think Alfred was too much of a cockney and not enough like a 'terribly english butler'

7. maybe Gotham could have looked a tad more gothic, looked too much like metropolis.

BTW when was the story set, which depression were they reffering to in the film, the wall street crash? if so, the train that bruce and his parents were on was far too advanced.

1. i didnt notice Bale's lisp...since his S's were pronounced properly, but i guess his mouth movement was a bit unique??? picky.
2. You can probably expect more military-based vehicles.
4. i wouldnt mind scarecrow running around in an actual costume.
5. no comment.
6. the actor of alfred was great.
7. i think Gotham city was originally supposed to be like Chicago
- the depression...well bruce and rachel did drive to a part of town that was pretty run down and crummy.

peejay88

7. i think Gotham city was originally supposed to be like Chicago
- the depression...well bruce and rachel did drive to a part of town that was pretty run down and crummy.

yeah but is it a fictional depression or one that really happened? If its real can someone tell me which one the film reffers to, just so i can get some kinda perspective of the time period the films set in. Thanks, oh yeah and BTw, Bale hasnt got a lisp i meant like his mouth movements, reminded me of Count Duckula or something.

peejay88
HaHa, he has hair like Bale and a cape too, how uncanny!

Silverstein
Originally posted by peejay88
yeah but is it a fictional depression or one that really happened? If its real can someone tell me which one the film reffers to, just so i can get some kinda perspective of the time period the films set in. Thanks, oh yeah and BTw, Bale hasnt got a lisp i meant like his mouth movements, reminded me of Count Duckula or something.

Batman Begins is probably set in present day or a few years from now, since the train is actually a mono rail. Im not sure about the depression thing. Yeah, Bale talks weird...my friend thinks Bale got kicked in the mouth confused but o well.

sevenman
fights Hugo Strange instead of Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.