Yoda, anakin and luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gunship Pilot
Remember in ROTS how many times anakin said: "Try", like "he`s trying" or "you will try" or in AOTC "I am trying"....well this was something that annoyed yoda for so long after the rise of the empire and all...then in ESB when the x-wing sanked Luke saiid to Yoda "Alright, I`ll try", Yoda inmediately said to him "no! no!.do it or do not. there is no try"

By this he meant "trying is actually not doing it right"

what do you think about this?

PVS
it simply meant that luke should believe in his abilities.
to say he would 'try' translates as 'i may fail'.

to 'do' is....to do

simple as that

Gunship Pilot
yeah I know but...this is so well tied you know because leia said it too in ANH....the skywalker line carries this signature...

Tulak Hord
Well, I think it's a good thing they all 'try'. Only Sith deal in absolutes...does this make yoda a Sith?

PVS
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
yeah I know but...this is so well tied you know because leia said it too in ANH....the skywalker line carries this signature...

what line from leia are you referring to? confused

Gunship Pilot
"I am trying!"

That line

PVS
dude, you are looking way to far into this. messed

Gunship Pilot
Oh...now I`m looking to far...this is supposed to be a forum where you talk about anything you want

you`re insulting me

Vanquish
Well, aren't you the guy that just insulted the other dude making the thread about padawans haircuts though? You get what you give I guess smile

DenKi
yodas is on drugs from episode 4-5 to keep himself alive.

jango fat
no man, he's in drugs to keep talking the way he talks

PVS
Originally posted by Gunship Pilot
Oh...now I`m looking to far...this is supposed to be a forum where you talk about anything you want

you`re insulting me

insulting?

wtf dude???? do you even know what an insult is?
the suggestion that you're looking too far into something is
just that....A SUGGESTION.

now get a grip and quit crying erm

Gunship Pilot
Hey PVS...you don`t get a joke! jajaja, I was just kidding around!

It`s ok! really!

but for real, the reason why I made this thread was to point at this well bridged theme that the word "try" implies in the saga...that`s all

bilb
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Well, I think it's a good thing they all 'try'. Only Sith deal in absolutes...does this make yoda a Sith?

Darth Yoda!! eek!

laughing laughing laughing

green dude
yeah like our friend dark yoda but yeah they say try everyone tries tries ussually means might not succeed tryed mean hasn't succeeded
but W/E every one tries the link isn't just skywalker it's human stick out tongue
Yoda isn't human laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) as for Yoda on drugs im not sure im surprised younglings don't have bad grammer only once he says somthing normal may the force be with you instead be with you the forcestick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
The word "try" is used so many times because George is not a great writer and can't come up with new stuff...

He uses the phrase "delusions of grandeur" in two movies! Who the hell says "delusions of grandeur" anyway? blink

jerlark386
Its just an old saying really, but it used fairly often(not quite commonplace, though) or some variation of it. Just yesterday I saw Sin-City and there was a part where Bruce Willis said "delusions of eloquence". This is play off of "delusion af granduer" I think. In fact its common to replace grandeur with something minor just to be humerous or spiteful.

such as saying

"average joe poster with delusions of bulletin board administation"

BTW, people that say "delusions of granduer" usually have delusions themselves. Is'nt english fun?

Darth Plagueis
Oh...Iread the thread title and thought it was the beginning of a joke....you know, like "Yoda, Anakin and Luke walk into a bar...."

Nevermind.

jerlark386
Yoda, Anakin, and Luke walk into bar.

Anakin says to Yoda: "Hey master yoda, you want me to hook you up with one of those hot twi-lek chicks?"

Yoda: *shakes head* "Get one, for yourself you should."

Anakin:"You're not getting any younger, you know."

Yoda: "When 900 you reach, look as good as me, you will not."

Darth Zenemij
LOL! Happy Dance

((The_Anomaly))
luke wasent even in that joke...

jerlark386
critics!

Fine, heres one with Luke in it

Yoda, Anakin, and Luke walk into a bar.

Anakin says to Luke: "So, hows your lightsaber skills coming?'

Luke:"Fine. Hows your arm?"

Anakin gets angry.

Anakin:"Are you making fun of me?!!"

Luke:"No, No. I was just curious. Hey! Do you think it would still work if I poured beer on it?"

Anakin is enraged.

Anakin:"How dare you?!! I went to the darkside for your little punk a$$ and this is how your going to repay me?"

Luke:"Actually, If remember correctly, the real reason you went.."

Anakin lifts up table and throws it acrosss the bar. The table is shattered.

Luke:"Now look at what you've done. Your going to get us kicked out again."

Yoda:"Thrown another hissy fit, it seems Anakin has."

Anakin continues to break things.

Yoda:"Very prideful, Anakin, for someone who has lost his manhood."

Yoda shows anakin a jar of his shriveled and burnt remains.

Yoda:"Now calm, or a replacement, you will never have."

Anakin kneels before Yoda.

Anakin:"I will do whatever you want master."

jabbar
Are teh shrivelled remains Anakin's burnt winky? I just wanted to check...

matreid
Originally posted by jabbar
Are teh shrivelled remains Anakin's burnt winky? I just wanted to check...

lol

jerlark386
Okay a new one,

So Luke and yoda walk into a bar,

Luke asks yoda: "What was it about Pad'me that motivated my father to turn to the dark side?"

Yoda nods as he reply: "Good Question. Meditate on this, I will"

Yoda: "hrrrrmm."

Luke waits expectantly for an answer.

Yoda: "hrrrrmm."

Seeing that this would take a while, Luke orders another beer.

Its getting late and people are starting to leave.

Luke:"Master Yoda, ummm, not to interfere with your..concentration, but we better get moving. And why are you drooling?"

Yoda finally looks up. : "Outside you will wait for me. Little more time, I need."

Luke: "Okay then. I guess I'll wait by the speeder."

Yoda waits until the door closes behind and looks around to make sure no one is looking.

Yoda leans back in his chair with a grin on his face.

Yoda resumes his "meditation" on the issue of Padme.

Yoda: "hrrrrmmm"
devil

Darth_Rankkor
ROTFLMAO laughing laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.