Money/currency

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alcoholicpoet
Should they exist? On one hand, we have world hunger, homelessness, unemployment, poverty, and the third world solved, on the negative, terrorists can make weapons for free all the time. Debate, I'll pop in later with my opinion.

Bardock42
Er...don't get what you mean....I am pro currency but how would people be less poor or how could terrorists make weapons for free.

alcoholicpoet
Originally posted by Bardock42
Er...don't get what you mean....I am pro currency but how would people be less poor or how could terrorists make weapons for free.

Free houses and food.

The terrorists could access the tools needed to make weapons easier without having to pay for it.

Cinemaddiction
Currency is as important as having an established government. I mean, without actual coin, like you said, virtually everything would be free, there would be no need for jobs, and that's just the beginning...

Bardock42
What kind of misconception is that...if there was no currency why should everything be free?....makes no sense...who pays for it?....why should terrorists get tols for weapons....

If there was non currency there would be trade nothing else...or are you talking aboot communistic ideass no currency everyone can have what they want (although this of course is n ot possible) but even if it is a bad idea to many people, and it would stop the advance of Humankind.

alcoholicpoet
I've got sort of a mixed opinion, it would definatley have high pros and cons, society and people would become lasy and fat like Don Vito, and there's a higher chance of getting blown up, but, the people who would blow you up would have little reason to, 9/11 happened because it affected economy.

alcoholicpoet
What kind of misconception is that...if there was no currency why should everything be free?....makes no sense...who pays for it?....why should terrorists get tols for weapons....

If there was non currency there would be trade nothing else...or are you talking aboot communistic ideass no currency everyone can have what they want (although this of course is n ot possible) but even if it is a bad idea to many people, and it would stop the advance of Humankind.

How so would it stop advance? Advance would be rather rapid, free reasearch, cures for diseases, breakthroughs in technology etc.

Bardock42
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
How so would it stop advance? Advance would be rather rapid, free reasearch, cures for diseases, breakthroughs in technology etc.

Nope since no one would care......sure free stuff is nice...but if you have free stuff why work for it?

alcoholicpoet
Nope since no one would care......sure free stuff is nice...but if you have free stuff why work for it?

But by discovering cures, technology etc. You're not working for anyone. Taking away currency wouldn't get rid of charitable ppl.

Clovie
let's make anarchy big grin

WindDancer
Not much of an Economist but I don't think you can establish trade without currency. So I guess is necessary.

BackFire
Without currency nothing would exist, since no one would have any reason to do anything.

No one would build houses, no one would build cars, no one would have jobs, everyoen would just sit in a field all day masterbating.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by BackFire
Without currency nothing would exist, since no one would have any reason to do anything.

No one would build houses, no one would build cars, no one would have jobs, everyoen would just sit in a field all day masterbating.

And what's wrong with that?!!! I'm sure you spend most of your free time doing that anyway..laughing laughing laughing

BackFire
Yes, but it's not for everyone. stick out tongue

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by BackFire

The world could be a much better place without money, but the problem is getting the whole population to work toward the betterment of mankind. The focus would have to be changed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
But by discovering cures, technology etc. You're not working for anyone. Taking away currency wouldn't get rid of charitable ppl.

There are not very many charitable people and over a few generations we would get rid of them if we dont use education as a form to change peoples minds.

Originally posted by Oswald Kenobi
The world could be a much better place without money, but the problem is getting the whole population to work toward the betterment of mankind. The focus would have to be changed.

I agree it could the...but not under these circumstances.
There are to many of us and we would need people to work because people that get everything for feree surely won't

Imperial_Samura
One of the biggest challanges of Communism... motivating people to work when there is no reward. Money makes a bit of a balance, everything costs money, in order to get money one must work, kind of a big old circle.

But then again once upon a time people used barter, although that wouldn't work today.

Clovie
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
One of the biggest challanges of Communism... motivating people to work when there is no reward. Money makes a bit of a balance, everything costs money, in order to get money one must work, kind of a big old circle.

But then again once upon a time people used barter, although that wouldn't work today.

when there was communism here..
there was money..
people were earning a LOOOOT. eek! jumping45

but:
there were no goods which they were able to buy for these money no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
when there was communism here..
there was money..
people were earning a LOOOOT. eek! jumping45

but:
there were no goods which they were able to buy for these money no expression
Indeed.........better the othe way around........or maybe not.....

Clovie
Indeed.........better the othe way around........or maybe not..... both ways are bad erm

Novusordo
Money is simply figures on the screen that isen't worth its weight in paper yet alone gold or silver.

Banks loaning money today are quite literally loading you **** all and then expecting you to pay an interest on it.

Anyway, my opinion in this topic is that money is a real ***** since you're life revolves around it, thus it revolves around you're job.

If the econmy and society can be changed to allow work to be at a minimum so we can actualy spend time to live then I woulden't mind money still being here.

If not, then money shoulden't be here and we can live like in the old days.

Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, although there has always been some form of barter, at least once a culture moves beyond the hunter/gatherer stage. Once things begin to develop trades and such there are people who don't produce their own food, which means other have to, which means things have to be regulated, which means more people not producing food and so on and so on.

The key would be to effectively automate production so there is enough for everyone, thus eliminating supply and demand and the need to compete for money, and the need for most forms of "production" style jobs...

Novusordo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, although there has always been some form of barter, at least once a culture moves beyond the hunter/gatherer stage. Once things begin to develop trades and such there are people who don't produce their own food, which means other have to, which means things have to be regulated, which means more people not producing food and so on and so on.

The key would be to effectively automate production so there is enough for everyone, thus eliminating supply and demand and the need to compete for money, and the need for most forms of "production" style jobs...

Yes good points there but what would be the best solution would be for everyone to wake the **** up to the glboal conspiracy, bring their manipulation down and then actualy use all the economical/medial breakthroughts that they have hoarded and supressed for so long.

Stuff like Tesla power or electric cars, cures for AIDS and cancer which have been around for god knows how long.... the stuff that is being supressed can set us free but...

Freedom and choice = uncontrolalble.
Dependancy and desperity = controlable.

Thats why they haven't put these major breakthroughts into the public domain and never will - untill we wake the **** up to them.

Also, one we wake up, we will realise that their is no need to be spending so much on our armed forces since we dont need them atall becuase once you wake up, you realise that all conflicts have alsways been manipulated and instigated to happen.

The key to a genuinely happy world for us is but one mother****ing thought away - just wake up Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.