Exorcism of Emily Rose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supertruper
Ok, I saw this trailer today and it was seriously spooky. A friend sent me the link and said to beware, and he was right. I love creepy movies though and this one fits the bill - anyone else seen the trailer?

Cinemaddiction
Link us..sounds interesting.

supertruper
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=7078

Well-done trailer IMO. Creepy huh!

ThePhantomsKiss
Hmmmm....Nice ^_^

slayer
Thanks for the link smile

tpaquin
Looks pretty good...compared to another exorcist movie that recently came out.

kmcdude
Ya,trailer looked cool

ragesRemorse
looks like an updated excorsist. that isnt necessarily a bad thing though.

supertruper
Cool that it's based on a true story too. Well, cool AND a bit terrifying. I wonder who it's really based on?

novice
I found this on upcominghorrormovies.com:

11/05/04
Star Laura Linney spoke with SciFi Wire about the film, saying: "The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel is based on a trial that happened in Bavaria in the late '70s. It will not take place in Bavaria, nor will it take place in the late '70s, but it's about a woman who went through a series of exorcisms and then died a young girl of 22."

Also looked at some other websites but am not allowed to post the links here thanks to the rules governing newbies.
"You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master"
mad mad mad mad mad mad

novice

supertruper
I had just found that too after looking around on google. Really interesting. It'll be cool to see how they portray the Church's side of this, and how the medical side is portrayed. What a continual debate you know?

ariwin
I'm so looking forward to this movie. The trailer totally gave me the creeps and i'm actually really curious to see how they're going to weave in the story of the exorcism with the trial.

b-dan
looks cool has a guy from batman begins

supertruper
sorry - my post got screwed up and it was weird....really weird

Anyway, I read an interview with the director on comingsoon - talks about how he views the film visa vie other horror films and classics like The Exorcist - cool read - I def recommend

b-dan
i hope its not to like the excorsits i hate that movie i cant even spelle it right

supertruper
well in that interview I read, and here's the link:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10342

he seems to describe that it will be approaching the whole exorcism issue from a new angle.

I saw the trailer again last weekend and it is still intriguing me after seeing a few times.

Darth Vicious
I saw this movie last night around midnight and this movie is scary and creepy. Its a cross between The Exorcist and The Practice(tv show), the aspects of the trial were handled brilliantly i think. Me personally as a person that likes to question and find the scientific answer for everything like this movie because while it does explain that what happens to emily from the religion point of view(defense) also explains from the scientific/medical point of view(prosecutor). This is one of the very few good scary movies ive seen in a while and being based on a true story makes it even scarier knowing it did happened before in real life, the people in the movie theather were quiet as hell which is a good sign they were scared. I was left somewhat scared after the movie because 3:00am has a significance through the movie which is explained and the mvoie finished around 2:30am and i had to bring my girl home across town and it was gonna be 3:00 am already, needles to say i rush home as quickly as i could. smile good movie, Ill give it 3/4 stars.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I saw this movie last night around midnight and this movie is scary and creepy.

Wow a PG-13 movie that's actually scary? That's a first. no expression Looks good but I wont depend on it to be scary. Im seeing it Tuesday after school.

thewits
k that movie totally creeped me out i was so freaked out that i started crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fact that it was based on a true story just freaked me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to sleep with my sister poo!! and im 16!!!!!!!!!!! how lame is that?! well it was awesome nevertheless smile wink but falcone from batman totally made it all better cuz i started thinkin of batman when i got scared i heart batman

DanZeke25
Originally posted by thewits
k that movie totally creeped me out i was so freaked out that i started crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the fact that it was based on a true story just freaked me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to sleep with my sister poo!! and im 16!!!!!!!!!!! how lame is that?! well it was awesome nevertheless smile wink but falcone from batman totally made it all better cuz i started thinkin of batman when i got scared i heart batman

Woah chill out. First off, im sure its not that scary. Second off, "Based on a true story" means "Extremely Exaggerated(sp?)" I wonder how much was true. Because i doubt most of its true. I dont think its looks that good anyway. My dad thinks its looks great. But i dont.

papabeard
What the **** over 10,000 views of this thread

BlaqChaos
Plain and simple, it was a damn good movie.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Wow a PG-13 movie that's actually scary? That's a first. no expression Looks good but I wont depend on it to be scary. Im seeing it Tuesday after school.
God I love being right..yes Wasnt even scary. I jumped once and that was because the fecking door slammed really loud when she went to see what was wrong outside her dorm..The rest was *yawn*

Originally posted by thewits
i had to sleep with my sister poo!! and im 16!!!!!!!!!!! how lame is that?
You wouldnt want my honest opinion on that no2

The movie gets a 6.5/10 from me...too much 'Trialing' and less of Emily. Plus they basically jumbled all it up to where you saw Emily for a while, then the rest was the Trial..which was boring as hell. 6.5 is all it gets.

TheBlackWidow
ive already seen that movie its really horrying WATCH IT!!!!!! IF U DARE!!!

alic88
exorcism of emily rose is not scary by any means. But its not a bad movie, better than most of the horror movies that are coming out these days.

spencerspider
It wasn't scary the movie wasn't, but the fact that it happened, I mean I know it all didn't but think about the 6 demons in her I'm pretty sure was true. That would be so horrible. I wasn't scared I just felt sorry for her and what she went through.

papabeard
I had to go and see this last night, it was poor, but did have a few scares. But also a few unintentional laughs, like when she was lying on the floor having a fit laughing

I missed the first 5 minutes what did I miss?, im sure i miised the exorcism.

steverules
The frightening thing is that it's based on a true story, I'm definitely gonna goe see that movie if it's a 15.....

Lady_Wonka
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
looks like an updated excorsist. that isnt necessarily a bad thing though.
yeah i agree, i dont think ill be seeing it tho im wasnt a huge fan of the exorsist i couldnt watch it after she mastubated with the cross...

steverules
I'd hate to think what would happen in this movie, masturbate with a cross that has Jesus on it......no

LizzyT123
Nothing really happened the first 5 minutes...Just showing a doctor I think stare into Emily's family's house, and then he goes to look at Emily after the priest is there.

My brother thought this movie was more realistic than the original Exorcist, but I dunno...Just cause she dies?

Big deal, I bet Jesus like the masturbation..lol! JK JK, don't shoot me!

steverules
Not very funny.

papabeard
Cheers Lizzy wink

LizzyT123
thank ya!

thomasgeorge
leave lizzy alone ok you guys

LizzyT123
yeah! lol

priya_sridhar17
pl send me lnk

LizzyT123
ink? link? what?

thomasgeorge
lizzy i love you

LizzyT123
innocent

thomasgeorge
will you be my gf

jayy
I heard this movie was really creepy.

confused

papabeard
creepy like thomasgeorge big grin Jus kiddin baby!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by papabeard
creepy like thomasgeorge big grin Jus kiddin baby!

lol! I think thomasgeorge got kicked out!

The Exorcism of Emily Rose has its moments. I couldn't help but laugh at most of them, lol. Its a pretty good movie, but I personally would stick with The Exorcist.

papabeard
Originally posted by LizzyT123
lol! I think thomasgeorge got kicked out!

hahahahahahahahaha

laughing laughing laughing
spam_laser

ladygrim
i havent actuallly watched this yet and it looks realy good..... so mayb this week end ill take a trip to the movies wink

LizzyT123
Its a good movie, it has its moments, but its not the best movie, so don't get your hopes up.

Lady_Wonka
shit i really wanna see this film, my mum saw the advert on the tv last night seh dosent want me to go and see it sad

ladygrim
^ id tell my mum where to get off .... that i'd be watching it and not her ...... but thats me

Lady_Wonka
im planning to go and see it anyway, my mum totally freaked when she came into my bedroom and caught me watching nightmare on elm street (one of the first horror films i go addicted to)

LizzyT123
my parents don't care.....you should tell her your going to see a movie around the same time there is a showing of ...Emily Rose, and then go see ....Emily Rose.

ChickinMeat

ragin_canagin
This movie was great, my only complaint was that it spent a little too much time in the courtroom. I would have been satisfied seeing just one more possession sequence in the movie.

LizzyT123
Yes, I agree, there should have been more possession, than the courtroom. ChickinMeat, if that amount of money is all you have, and you have things that you could buy more worthwhile, wait for the movie to come out on DVD. It was a good movie, but it wasn't the best.

papabeard
I agree , dont waste your money on this.

Lady_Wonka

thomasgeorge
im not kicked out you lier

thomasgeorge
the original exocist was a bit sick but cool but disgusting

LizzyT123
a bit sick but cool but disgusting? Don't listen to thomasgeorge, he doesnt know a good horror movie if it was right in his face.

The exorcist is a good movie, and I deffinetly prefer more than the exorcism of emily rose.

jayy
I just recently watch this movie. IT SUCKED SO BAD. DAMN, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. HORRIBLE F@@KING MOVIE.

DO NOT WATCH THIS PIECE OF S##T MOVIE!!

Nuff said.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/customavatars/avatar1703_2.gif

wink wink

a1hsauce
are you kidding me..that movie was pretty good. id say one of the better horror movies made erm

jayy
Originally posted by a1hsauce
are you kidding me..that movie was pretty good. id say one of the better horror movies made erm

No, I'm not kidding you. THAT MOVIE SSSSUUUUUUCCCCCKKKEDDD!!

End Of Story!!

cool cool

Cinemaddiction
"The Eorcism of Emily Rose" was a fantastic movie, IMO. It wasn't a horror, and was promoted horribly wrong. It was an odd combination of a court drama and a genuinely stirring suspense thriller. It's what would have made a movie like "The Exorcist" a multiple award winner, because most importantly, "Exorcism" was plausible. Totally, totally credible, and not over the top. The ending was a little convenient in the way of the priest's verdict, but nonetheless, it made you think, and I revelled in the first SMART horror/thriller in years.

jayy
THE MOVIE SUCKED, END OF STORY!

wink

Eis
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"The Eorcism of Emily Rose" was a fantastic movie, IMO. It wasn't a horror, and was promoted horribly wrong. It was an odd combination of a court drama and a genuinely stirring suspense thriller. It's what would have made a movie like "The Exorcist" a multiple award winner, because most importantly, "Exorcism" was plausible. Totally, totally credible, and not over the top. The ending was a little convenient in the way of the priest's verdict, but nonetheless, it made you think, and I revelled in the first SMART horror/thriller in years.
I agree. The term 'fantastic' might be a little over the top, but none the less, it was good.

LizzyT123
I liked the Exorcism of Emily Rose, but it wasn't the greatest movie. I don't think it'll ever beat The Exorcist. The Exorcist will stay at the top of my list for possesion movies. smile

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
I liked the Exorcism of Emily Rose, but it wasn't the greatest movie. I don't think it'll ever beat The Exorcist. The Exorcist will stay at the top of my list for possesion movies. smile

Without a doubt. The Exorcist is #1...

wink

Cinemaddiction
"The Exorcist" is overrated schlock. It didn't even pick up until half way through the film, and even then, it relied on some "oh my goodness! she said that!" verbal shock and awe tactics that were disturbing for 1974, but are laughable now.

You want a solid film about possession, that's as credible as "Emily Rose", try "Rosemary's Baby". I dunno how claiming "Exorcism" being "fantastic" is going over the top, as to say it was a great movie in my opinion. Never said it was flawless or perfect, so I think what I said was fair.

Jayy, just because YOU didn't like it, doesn't mean it sucks. You really have no arguement outside of that.

Adam_PoE
Moreover, the filmmakers argue that these courtroom scenes show a balanced argument, but the structure of the film sabotages this. It is told from the point of view of the defense, so supernatural happenings are presented as concrete events.

thumb down

LizzyT123
Yeah, the movie is pretty slow at the beginning, I really did want to see more possession of Emily. But, I did feel that they did order and fit in the court scenes and possession scenes well. smile

jayy
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"The Exorcist" is overrated schlock. It didn't even pick up until half way through the film, and even then, it relied on some "oh my goodness! she said that!" verbal shock and awe tactics that were disturbing for 1974, but are laughable now.

You want a solid film about possession, that's as credible as "Emily Rose", try "Rosemary's Baby". I dunno how claiming "Exorcism" being "fantastic" is going over the top, as to say it was a great movie in my opinion. Never said it was flawless or perfect, so I think what I said was fair.

Jayy, just because YOU didn't like it, doesn't mean it sucks. You really have no arguement outside of that.

Uh, It SUCKED!!

Nuff said!

big grin

bordom
Originally posted by jayy
I just recently watch this movie. IT SUCKED SO BAD. DAMN, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. HORRIBLE F@@KING MOVIE.

DO NOT WATCH THIS PIECE OF S##T MOVIE!!

Nuff said.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/customavatars/avatar1703_2.gif

wink wink
I agree

cropsy_is_god
My favourite posession film is Amityville 2. The exorcist was boring & i didn't really like Emily Rose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.