Dooku, Vader, and Maul vs. Anakin, Luke, and Obi-wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Zodiac
Which team will win?
Anakin= ROTS
Luke=ROTJ
Obi-Wan= TPM

Dooku= ATOC
Vader= ESB
Maul= TPM

Human Vader
well dookus the same in AOTC as he is in ROTS, so anakin would beat him. Luke takes Vader, Maul takes Obi Wan.anakin and Luke take Maul. simple as pie, the jeedai take it while losing Obi Wan

General Zodiac
For the record. Dooku didn't use form II in ROTS.

Human Vader
for the record it doesnt matter

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by General Zodiac

Actually he does, according to the book anyway. And for the fight, I agree with what Human Vader said exactly.

General Zodiac
Obi-Wan defeated Darth Maul.

Emperor Revan
That doesn't mean that would always happen. Maul clearly had Obi at his mercy and if they were at a different location with different circumstances (Qui-Gon not dying for instance and having a flat bare room with no pit) than Maul would probably win. I think Darth Maul would've defeated Obi-Wan in almost any other location.

Vanquish
This may go against what others will say, but here goes.

Dooku and Anakin would fight to a draw. Yes I realize Anakin flat out punked him in ROTS, but I truly believe that Dooku wasen't trying. I think palps made him lose there, so Dooku agreed. Little did Dooku know, that after Anakin had him down, palps would turn on Dooku and have anakin actually kill him. Under different circumstances, Dooku could hold off anakin probably for a long ass time.

Vader would beat Luke. Yes I also know that Luke beats Vader in the movie, but again, I don't think Vader was trying either. It was his son, and he was again not fighting to kill. He was just trying to get Luke in a position of vulnerability, so they could turn him to the dark side. Under different circumstances, vader is clearly stronger then ROTJ Luke.

Lastly, Maul would kill Obi wan. One more time, Yes I know it went the other way in the movie, but I feel it was quite clear that Maul totally owned both Jedi's at once. Despite him making a really stupid mistake and dying, he is clearly far superior to TPM obi wan in every way.

So although all three of the Siths ended up dying to the Jedi's, I believe that all three Siths under different circumstances could come out on top.

Oh ya, forgot to mention. After Vader beats luke, and Maul beats obi wan, they could both go and help Dooku take down Anakin.

Siths win, with no deaths...

Emperor Revan
I could see Dooku and Anakin lasting a long time, but your statement on Vader? No. Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke but he wasn't trying to lose either, he got owned. Luke wasn't trying to kill Vader either and the movie and novel clearly depicts Luke with the upper hand. Luke kicked Vader down the stairs, jumped clear over his lightsaber, and generally had Vader completely on the defensive struggling for oxygen.

I think Luke would own Vader just as fast as he did in the movie, about 40 seconds or so, Maul would take about 40 seconds to kill Obi (I realize it was longer in the movie but he had just been enraged by Qui-Gon's death) then ROTJ Luke would hold Maul off long enough for Anakin to kill Dooku and finish Maul.

General Zodiac
Lucas is a lier then. Because Obi-Wan would have killed Maul with or without Qui-Gon's death.

Vanquish
Ya it's debatable. The only questionable one for me is the Vader and Luke duel. I'm not sure how that would go if they were both going 100%. I mean Luke has the potential to be stronger of course, but vader was supremely better trained. I still see Luke as more or less a farm boy in ROTJ. He had a few skills, but still a lot to learn. Nothing more then a padawan with potential at the time of ROTJ. No stronger then TPM obi wan I would imagine.

Maul would kill obi wan a whole lot faster then Luke would kill Vader. That means that even if Luke is better, he would have to fight both Maul and Vader at the same time. He would lose.

In these multi person duels, the advantage goes to the team that can get the first kill the fastest. I think in this case, Obi wan dies faster then anyone else, which gives the Sith 3 on 2 advantage first.

That's just how I see it. The last 10 seconds of Mauls life made him seem weak, but I think he is tremendously underestimated. Trained since birth by Palps himself for a long time. Able to manhandle two jedi's at once, one of them being Qui gon. Maul's a killer man. He's the swing char in this match up I believe.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
That doesn't mean that would always happen. Maul clearly had Obi at his mercy and if they were at a different location with different circumstances (Qui-Gon not dying for instance and having a flat bare room with no pit) than Maul would probably win. I think Darth Maul would've defeated Obi-Wan in almost any other location.
so what, obiwan became more powerful as a master, why woudlent he have a chance at maul?

Vanquish
He said though, Obi wan TPM. Maul would own him just like he did in the movie, minus the last 10 seconds of lameness.

ROTS Obi is an entirely different ass kicker though. Throw him in the mix, and you have a definite win for the jedi's. BUt it's TPM obi, kind of a punk still unfortunetely...

General Zodiac
Only reason Maul was about to win because he force pushed him into that hole. Obi-Wan was equal to Maul in swordsplay.

Darth L. Dipsit
Well, I'm not sure if I agree with that - Obi-Wan was incredibly skilled when I see the fight in TPM, but Darth Maul could really handle himself in an amazing way.

Darth_Glentract
Dooku would beat Anakin.
Luke would beat Vader.
Maul beats Obi-wan.
Dooku and Maul beat Luke.

LordSorgo

Moron.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Moron.
Moron as in, obviously he dident, or no u idiot, he did use form II becuz only one of those are acceptable, he dident use form II in the fight, he changed styles dramatically, but dident have the chance to use his form. Read ROTS by Matheew Stover.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Moron as in, obviously he dident, or no u idiot, he did use form II becuz only one of those are acceptable, he dident use form II in the fight, he changed styles dramatically, but dident have the chance to use his form. Read ROTS by Matheew Stover.

Did Kit Fisto lose his head in ROTS? No.
Did Dooku change forms during the fight with Anakin? HELL NO!

He used Form II their entire fight. Trust me, i am a Lightsaber Form nerd and i have seen the Forms at work. He was using the whole Fight. The novel ain't got shit on Dooku.

Admiral Akbar
I would rather believe the novel than the moive. And palps aimed at kits head in the movie, if you never noticed that....
Dooku changed styles, not just ROTs says that. You dont need to be a syle nerd when all u do is compare dooku (aotc) to (rots)

LordSorgo
I would rather believe the novel than the moive. And palps aimed at kits head in the movie, if you never noticed that....
Dooku changed styles, not just ROTs says that. You dont need to be a syle nerd when all u do is compare dooku (aotc) to (rots)

http://img290.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deathoffisto6kn.jpg

Hmm....Weird.... I SEE KIT'S CHEST BEING SLICED! NOTICE THAT!

Dooku was using his Form in the movie. Form II (AKA Makashi or way of the Ysalamir) Was being used in his defense and in his attacks. You could see this because he was practically fencing in his defense maneuvours. And any LIGHTSABER FORM NERD knows that Form II is almost exactly like old ancient english fencing tactics. This is what he used in the movie.

Darth_Glentract
Well, my cousin(major SW guru) and my family friend Tim have both said that Dooku isn't using a fencing form in either movie. In ep2 the guy who played Dooku didn't learn it fast enough and in ep3 he wasnt using it on purpose. I believe my friend on fencing, he got 47th in the nation in fencing, so he knows a lot about it.

Admiral Akbar
i cant see the picture on that link, so im going to believe you until i see it.
He never sticked with it throughout the battle, he switched his styles dramatically, he was never alwayz in a defensive pose, he took offensive lead and cut back on the fencing at one point in the battle, so u are 50% correct.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Well, my cousin(major SW guru) and my family friend Tim have both said that Dooku isn't using a fencing form in either movie. In ep2 the guy who played Dooku didn't learn it fast enough and in ep3 he wasnt using it on purpose. I believe my friend on fencing, he got 47th in the nation in fencing, so he knows a lot about it.

I cant tell how some1 fences so i wouldent know, i agree with either one of u depending on who has the best info.

Darth_Glentract
Dooku may have been meant to be fencing in the movie, but he is not.

LordSorgo
i cant see the picture on that link, so im going to believe you until i see it.
He never sticked with it throughout the battle, he switched his styles dramatically, he was never alwayz in a defensive pose, he took offensive lead and cut back on the fencing at one point in the battle, so u are 50% correct.

What a poor excuse.....

Ok then, for those of you who don't have shitty computers, please tell him what the picture shows.

Darth_Glentract
his belly gets slit.

Human Vader
yeah why dont you just post the pic? on imageshack theres a thing when you upload the image that says "hotlink for forums 1" copy that code into your post moron.

Admiral Akbar
poor excuse, wtf are you talking about u homo, i cant acsess into that link, im not making this shit up.

And my comp is prolly better than whatever the hell u have sitting in your room and burning.

Darth_Glentract
http://img290.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deathoffisto6kn.jpg

LordSorgo
Dooku may have been meant to be fencing in the movie, but he is not.

Ok, well, i am glad your friend got fourty-whatever in fencing, but i have been studying star wars LSFighting knowledge for a while and i have studied Histories most worst and best forms of Swordplay. Most of the other forms are based on Samurai Swordplay, Bushido. And so are their outfits, being the fact that Star wars was based on a movie called "The Hidden Fortress" which was about Japanese Samurais trying to save a princess. One of the only forms that isn't Japanese-like is Makashi/Form II/ Way of the Ysalamir. On episode III, if you know Jack shit about fencing, you can clearly see his slow, power wielding attacks and defense are a clear distinct form of Fencing, which is his Form; Makashi.

Darth_Glentract
he isn't fencing. he may have been meant to, but he simply is not. plus, the link wont post.

LordSorgo
his belly gets slit.

THANK YOU! His abdomen is nowhere NEAR his head.

Get it?

LordSorgo
he isn't fencing. he may have been meant to, but he simply is not. plus, the link wont post.

He "simply" is not?

No, he isn't, but as i told you before most forms are BASED on swordplay, meaning Gillard probably advanced it or changed it a bit. Either way, he WAS using the Form during the fight.

Admiral Akbar
He attempts to fence, but he does it poorly, so its like not really fencing at all and its hard to tell. His lightsaber is just long enough to reach out into an area inches ahead of him, you cant determain if he uses it or not,
i believe he doesnt just becuz what starwars.com says. My friend has hyperspace and it u search dooku in rots it tells him what syles he used and so forth im not a member so i wouldent know.

LordSorgo
He attempts to fence, but he does it poorly, so its like not really fencing at all and its hard to tell. His lightsaber is just long enough to reach out into an area inches ahead of him, you cant determain if he uses it or not,
i believe he doesnt just becuz what starwars.com says. My friend has hyperspace and it u search dooku in rots it tells him what syles he used and so forth im not a member so i wouldent know.

He uses Form II in the movie. Anyone who knows the Forms can clearly see this!

And no, he doesn't attempt to fence, he attempts his hardest to kill Anakin using Form II, kay?

Darth_Glentract
But form 2 is fencing. Therefor if he is not fencing, he cannot be using form 2. It's the same concept as this logic you love so much.

Admiral Akbar
no, not really, he doesnt use form 2 throughout the entire battle, he changes, if they extended the friggin battle instead of cutting some of the battle scences out, we would see this, the book clearly says he changed styles, so im accepting what its telling me. Lucus made the battle scene longer when he wrote the scripts, in which Stover used some of the dialouges, and extra scenes that were not in the movie.

Admiral Akbar
He doesnt use it, no more arguing

LordSorgo
But form 2 is fencing. Therefor if he is not fencing, he cannot be using form 2. It's the same concept as this logic you love so much.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, AND F*CKING NO!

Form II is NOT the exact replicate of Fencing! It is change, whether Advanced or below, it IS changed.

Watch Fencing and Form II. You WILL notice difference.

Dooku used Form II in Ep III.

LordSorgo
no, not really, he doesnt use form 2 throughout the entire battle, he changes, if they extended the friggin battle instead of cutting some of the battle scences out, we would see this, the book clearly says he changed styles, so im accepting what its telling me. Lucus made the battle scene longer when he wrote the scripts, in which Stover used some of the dialouges, and extra scenes that were not in the movie.

Changes to what? He has mastered Form II and NO OTHER form. He only knows the second form. He even uses this when a Jedi Master.

Unless he changed to "Dooku custom form".

Darth_Glentract

You feel that form 2 is not exact fencing, I feel that it is. Until we have a secondary source of information, we are at an impasse.

LordSorgo

You feel that form 2 is not exact fencing, I feel that it is. Until we have a secondary source of information, we are at an impasse.

You can always talk to Nick Gillard. You can contact him through Supershadow. laughing out loud

Form II is not exact Fencing. Gillard has already said in an interview with ET that all of his Forms are changed from original sword fighting tactics used in early history.

Darth_Glentract
Changes to what? He has mastered Form II and NO OTHER form. He only knows the second form. He even uses this when a Jedi Master.

Unless he changed to "Dooku custom form".

Dooku knows form 1. It would be a good choice to start out with because he doesn't know how Anakin and Obi-wan fight. He is smart enough to know that they have become much more powerful since ep2, but he doesn't know for sure how much. Kreia says in KOTOR 2 that form 1 is a good form for a situation filled with uncertainty(not in those exact words.).

LordSorgo
Dooku knows form 1. It would be a good choice to start out with because he doesn't know how Anakin and Obi-wan fight. He is smart enough to know that they have become much more powerful since ep2, but he doesn't know for sure how much. Kreia says in KOTOR 2 that form 1 is a good form for a situation filled with uncertainty(not in those exact words.).

Wow. Form I, the most basic of all forms, is what he gonna switch to when fighting two Jedi Masters.... I don't think so. He NEVER switched during the fight. Not once.

Admiral Akbar
Form II is used by siths and dark jedi, he was a light side jedi and he knew at least two other light saber forms, he just managed to master form II, so it seems like nthats all he ever uses, but he though he would kikc thier asses anyway, so he dident need to use his mastered form.

Darth_Glentract
where is your proof of that? Kreia says that it is a form with lacking special attack or defense. This makes it good as a general form. Dooku is good enough in it to hold off against Obi-wan and Anakin long enough to better learn how they fight and more effectively counter it.

LordSorgo
Form II is used by siths and dark jedi, he was a light side jedi and he knew at least two other light saber forms, he just managed to master form II, so it seems like nthats all he ever uses, but he though he would kikc thier asses anyway, so he dident need to use his mastered form.

Your f*cking wrong again, damnit! Form II isn't FORBIDDEN to Jedi. Jedi don't "need" to use it because they settle things with words. Dooku learned Form II as a Jedi Knight and he knows no other form except for a little bit of Form I and Form II. And no, he didn't think that, he knew they had become stronger HE SAYS IT IN THE FIGHT! HE ISN'T THAT STUPID!

Admiral Akbar
There ya go he knew form 1 and one other form when he was a light side jedi.

Darth_Glentract

I'm sure he knew it before he left the order.

LordSorgo
There ya go he knew form 1 and one other form when he was a light side jedi.

Oh my god.... EVERY SINGLE JEDI KNOWS FORM I. THEY HAVE TO LEARN IT AS YOUNGLINGS.... EVEN IF NOT YOUNGLINGS, THEY STILL HAVE TO LEARN IT!

Admiral Akbar
Your f*cking wrong again, damnit! Form II isn't FORBIDDEN to Jedi. Jedi don't "need" to use it because they settle things with words. Dooku learned Form II as a Jedi Knight and he knows no other form except for a little bit of Form I and Form II. And no, he didn't think that, he knew they had become stronger HE SAYS IT IN THE FIGHT! HE ISN'T THAT STUPID!

He predicted, they were stronger. After he noticed they really were, he fought harder and wasted obi wan. Anakin was so angry dooku had no time to switch back to form 2 becuz anakin was all over him like syrup on a waffle.

Admiral Akbar
Oh my god.... EVERY SINGLE JEDI KNOWS FORM I. THEY HAVE TO LEARN IT AS YOUNGLINGS.... EVEN IF NOT YOUNGLINGS, THEY STILL HAVE TO LEARN IT!

Thier is no need for caps, i know exactly what your thinking.

Darth_Glentract
LordSorgo, no need to be cussing because someone knows less about something than you. I believe that you have superior knowledge of lightsabers, but I am probably far more knowledgeable than you in other area's. I don't know what Admiral ackbar is good at though(not meant to sound offensive).

Admiral Akbar

Did i say it is ****ing forbidden, i said most siths and dark jedi use this form, what the hell are you babbling.

Admiral Akbar
LordSorgo, no need to be cussing because someone knows less about something than you. I believe that you have superior knowledge of lightsabers, but I am probably far more knowledgeable than you in other area's. I don't know what Admiral ackbar is good at though(not meant to sound offensive).

No offence taken im a expert on Plo Koon, Mace Windu. And i would put in some valuable info in versus other than 200youngling vs KIt Fisto stick out tongue

Darth_Glentract
AA, you to. dont need to be cussing either. Many Sith actually use Duh Moch or something like that. Dooku knew some of it I believe and incorperated it into form 2, but Duh Moch is taunting opponets like what he did to Anakin in ep2.

LordSorgo
He predicted, they were stronger. After he noticed they really were, he fought harder and wasted obi wan. Anakin was so angry dooku had no time to switch back to form 2 becuz anakin was all over him like syrup on a waffle.

He didn't "Waste" Obi Wan with Lightsaber skills, he wasted him with a 40 ton metal ledge.

He was using Form II

the

entire

fight

Darth_Glentract
He wasnt fencing. form 2 is fencing. he cant be using form 2. He may have used it in a Sokan like strategy.

Admiral Akbar
obi was already unconcious when he hit that ledge, obi was wasted, the movie shows it and the book says it.

LordSorgo
obi was already unconcious when he hit that ledge, obi was wasted, the movie shows it and the book says it.

Book = Moot. Too much shit is changed.

And Form II is not the purity of Fencing! Anyone who knows dick all about Fencing or Form II knows this.

Admiral Akbar
After Form I's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form II or "Way of the Ysalamiri" came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely powerful.

In the time near the Clone Wars, the Jedi Order seldom practices this technique. There is, if at all, so little lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat involved in a Jedi's life that Jedi Masters have found it impractical.

Darth Tyranus (a.k.a.: Count Dooku), from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, has mastered Form II to the highest degree, fighting with the precision built into the ancient technique. When he wields this Form it devastates the Jedi; the system of Jedi training at the time of confrontation between Darth Tyranus and other Jedi does not prepare the Jedi for the precise movements of a form bred for lightsaber dueling.

This style is based on the Spanish style of fencing, "La Destreza Verdadera," often called the dance of sabres or the swords of truth, this style is fluid yet very rigid.

Admiral Akbar
its is the purity of fencing becuz its based of fencing, if dooku dident fence in ROTS, he wasnt using form II.

General Zodiac
Dooku would beat Anakin.
Luke would beat Vader.
Maul beats Obi-wan.
Dooku and Maul beat Luke.

Dooku beats Anakin. You mean like he did in ROTS?

Darth_Glentract
He was FAKING. He was supposed to lose so he would be captured, taken to the Republic, cast away the CIS claiming he didnt know what GG was doing, become Sidios' right hand man. Sidious had other plans though and Dooku was killed.

General Zodiac
Anakin would have still won, like Obi-Wan defeating Maul.

Admiral Akbar
No im sorry anakin would not have won, dooku was to go easy on them, but he noticed it was to late when anakin was filled with fury, if he dident floow his orders he would waste them both quickly. Dooku has 2 times better force than anakin and obi wan both put together. Dooku is like 70 years old. And his style is lightsaber to lightsaber so he pretty much could kill them again, with ease, too bad he listened to sids and was betrayed.

General Zodiac
Dooku was one of the best, but yet people say he can't beat Malak.

LordSorgo
Dooku was one of the best, but yet people say he can't beat Malak.

That's because people are retards. Dooku would hand Malak's ugly ASS to him.

General Zodiac
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

LordSorgo
its is the purity of fencing becuz its based of fencing, if dooku dident fence in ROTS, he wasnt using form II.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETARD!

It says it's "based" on fencing.

DO YOU

STILL

NOT

GET

IT?

LordSorgo
No im sorry anakin would not have won, dooku was to go easy on them, but he noticed it was to late when anakin was filled with fury, if he dident floow his orders he would waste them both quickly. Dooku has 2 times better force than anakin and obi wan both put together. Dooku is like 70 years old. And his style is lightsaber to lightsaber so he pretty much could kill them again, with ease, too bad he listened to sids and was betrayed.

This is true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.