Supreme Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
no questions, no "what if's" or "maybe they will"...... this thread is here for the sole reason that i freakin' love the Supreme Power series..... it is thee best thing to come out of comicdom in a long time.... if you haven't read it go buy it, if you have read it.... read it again..... i'm in the middle of re-reading it right now and am only taking a brief break to create this thread

Scoobless
seriously.... go read it......

Scoobless
anyone who's read it feel free to tell others why it's so good.... post pics ... whatever

whirlysplat
Its a work of Genius JMS is recreating Superman with a certificate X. It steals a great deal from the original Squadron Supreme mini from the early eighties and I think as in that, Miracleman and the Authority they will rule the earth.
Its art is superb, Gary Frank enough said. Its simply the best comic around bar none. JMS has taken time to imbue his characters with consistant personalities. I have not enjoyed a regular monthly comic as much since the heady days of the eighties and early issues of The Sandman.

Buy it now!!!!

It keeps the faith!!!!

Stay Whirlybig grin

DarkCrawler
I have every issue...best series ever.

Darth Vicious
Yes its one of the best series out there, i like the fact that Hyperion dont give a crap about no one since he is above everyone else plus he screwed that super power girl and a stripper in the last issue, Supreme Power is really great.

Scoobless
he does give a crap... he's just a little pissed off at how he's been used

whirlysplat
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I have every issue...best series ever.

Not ever but its good, Wish you could read Miracleman Olympussad but until everything is sorted legally it stays out o reprintbig grin

Blair Wind
what are the characters? any details? and whos that in the fight scene? and the other pic to...

Scoobless
the first pic is of Hyperion (mark Milton) in a church confessional asking for advice... the second pic is of him fighting Dr Spectrum

Blair Wind
cool....any sites with information since i havent been able to get my hands on any comics lately....?

Scoobless
http://www.popmatters.com/comics/supreme-power-1-contact.shtml

http://worldsofjms.com/supreme/

smile

Blair Wind
Thanks.... big grin

long pig
Scoob just likes it cuz it shows boobies. stick out tongue

....It's sold out everywhere, I can't find it.

sad I want to see boobies too.

Blair Wind
aight a question....if these guys went against there DC counterparts....who would win? I mean is the Blur has fast as the flash, is nighthawk as trained as Bats?

Scoobless
no... Flash is much faster (so far) Nighthawk has too much attitude.... Bats is a better combatant

not sure about Spectrum and your basic GL... i haven't read his mini series

Mainstream
Originally posted by Scoobless
no... Flash is much faster (so far) Nighthawk has too much attitude.... Bats is a better combatant

combatant......I get it. wickedph yeah but Nighthawk is the real "dark knight"

whirlysplat

I have and I think at present he is not tappin the gem anywhere near fully, given time he may well be Lantern level but not yetsmile

ScarletSpider
Yeah. He has an awesome source of power, but pretty much he just flies around and zaps things at the moment.

Scoobless
i liked the Squadron Supreme version of Spectrum.... he knew what the hell he was doing

whirlysplat
If you like Supreme power try and find a mini series by DC from the early ninetis called the Griffin. Its similair in some ways different in others. It was a wok of geniusbig grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by whirlysplat
If you like Supreme power try and find a mini series by DC from the early ninetis called the Griffin. Its similair in some ways different in others. It was a wok of geniusbig grin

only if you quit it with the smilies.... eek!

whirlysplat
Thats not going to happenbig grin The Griffin has a more violent fight sequence than the Redstone one. Because it was a premium book and its style was out of fashion it did not do well in sales. Today it would do brilliantlysmile

roughrider
Early issues of SP was the most exciting read I've had in years, and it keeps going.

o.g. slaughter
where can i find bios and stuff. specifically for hyperion. lik wat can he do wat iz his story and powers and crapp lik that. but for all of them tho.

o.g. slaughter
my bad i found it. but could hyperion beat superman. iz he that strong.

Scoobless
Originally posted by o.g. slaughter
my bad i found it. but could hyperion beat superman. iz he that strong.

Whirlysplatt

Its just not happening Scoob, Mark Milton is at present nowhere near the level needed to do that smile

Scoobless
lol... i know.... i can't even remember where i found that pic

Whirlysplatt
lol... i know.... i can't even remember where i found that pic

smile Check out the Griffin if you can find it, I think you'd like it. You might like the Nazz even more.

o.g. slaughter
im talkin bout tha hyperion from tha supreme power

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by o.g. slaughter
im talkin bout tha hyperion from tha supreme power

Yeah Mark Milton, his basically a Superman knock off but Supreme Power is an update of the old Squadron Supreme mini, it steals elements from a lot of classics including Miracleman. Its very good!

8bitChris
Most of DC's chars are Superman knock-offs. smile

But Marvel's Supreme Power does utterly rock.

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Its just not happening Scoob, Mark Milton is at present nowhere near the level needed to do that smile

Is he as strong or stronger as Classic Thor and Gladiator ?

yahman
I just finished the second installment of Supreme power. Great Stuff. Very Ultimate Esq. They bare an amazing resemblance to a D.C. team but i can't quite figure out which team? wink . Wonder what the M.M. character will be like ? smile

olympian
How about a hardcore Hyperion feat at Supreme Power?

He blew up North Pole.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/6034/supremepower18p217cw1ej.jpg

Bye Bye Santa Claus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.