Cyborg II vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
Henshaw vs Thanos
No prep time for either. No infinity gems.
Just their own powers and minds.
Fight is on earth, in NYC.

Who wins?

Cosmic Cube
Cyborg spraypaints Thanos silver, and takes over his body. wink

supremthor
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
the f.ucked part is that could actualy happen.

Avalonofthewind
Actually, thanos has a lot of bionic implants doesnt he? smile

Sentry
This is a massacre. I draw the line when it comes to Thanos. You seen what happened to Henshaw when he got hit by the Omega Beams. What do you think Thanos will do to him. Thanos wins.

whirlysplat
Not much big grin

GalacticStorm
Thanos

whirlysplat
Cyborg

Avalonofthewind
Thanos augmented himself with bionic implants... cyborg can take advantage of that.

This fight is also in nyc...plenty of tech for cyborg to use.

It took 2 full omega beams, and an ultra dose of heat vision to put cyborg down...not kill him..just put him down... he's a tough bastich.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Actually, Cyborg has taken over organic lifeforms.

kgkg
Thanos easily

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos easily

I doubt it...especially in this scenario.
If Thanos still has those bionic implants or if cyborg wants his body..he can take it.

Any tricks or tech that Thanos uses will be turned againsts him...

kgkg
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I doubt it...especially in this scenario.
If Thanos still has those bionic implants or if cyborg wants his body..he can take it.

Any tricks or tech that Thanos uses will be turned againsts him...
he is going to take over Thanos body?

ohh if that was possible

Thanos would loose most of his fights , his mind and body is formidable to any attacks.

Avalonofthewind
he is going to take over Thanos body?

ohh if that was possible

Thanos would loose most of his fights , his mind and body is formidable to any attacks.

Like this: All it takes is physical contact.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyborgtakesover.jpg

kgkg
Like this: All it takes is physical contact.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyborgtakesover.jpg
How do you know that will work on Thanos.

Who is protected from any harm , he body can't be manipulated either so that isn't happening , even if he does he has dealt with this in the past.

Thanos traveled to the nexus where his atoms, and state were changed still had to effect on him.

That's why SS , Quasar etc can't manipulate him

leonidas
hmm, i don't know. cyborg is a nasty cuss, but i somehow can't see him taking thanos. he might cause him some grief, but i can't really see him winning this fight.

Avalonofthewind
How do you know that will work on Thanos.

Who is protected from any harm , he body can't be manipulated either so that isn't happening , even if he does he has dealt with this in the past.

Thanos traveled to the nexus where his atoms, and state were changed still had to effect on him.

That's why SS , Quasar etc can't manipulate him

How do we know it won't? Thanos has augmented his body with bionics...and here we have a guy who has been able to control a good sized portion of the source wall. So it's definitely possible.
Cyborg has been to the phantom zone where his state was changed as well and actually came back ever worse. He's also survived black holes.

http://thedoug.superman.ws/Villains/cyborg7.jpg

http://thedoug.superman.ws/Villains/cyborg8.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i don't know. cyborg is a nasty cuss, but i somehow can't see him taking thanos. he might cause him some grief, but i can't really see him winning this fight.

Think about it this way Leo.

Thanos can increase his strength with Cosmic power.

Cyborg can increase it as well by assimilating his environment.

Thanos uses highly advanced weapons.

Cyborg could use any of them against Thanos himself easily.

Thanos is extremely intelligent.

Cyborg is as well, and has the advantage of being a living computer as well. Intelligence plus computer speed and efficiancy.

Thanos is fast.

Cyborg is faster.

Thanos can teleport.

Cyborg can teleport.

Thanos is near indestructable.

Cyborg is near indestructable.

Thanos can create fields.

Cyborg can as well... he can also be in multiple bodies at once.

This fight is also taking place in the middle of a city. Tons of material to augment with.

long pig
Thanos has complete control over his molecules.

If Cyborg tries that, he'd be resisted and blasted.

leonidas
you make a good argument av, i just don't see cyborg doing it. i don't have any real good reason to say that, it's just a hunch. like i said, cyborg might cause him some grief for a while, but i couldn't see him winning. sad

Avalonofthewind
you make a good argument av, i just don't see cyborg doing it. i don't have any real good reason to say that, it's just a hunch. like i said, cyborg might cause him some grief for a while, but i couldn't see him winning. sad

If Parallax couldnt kill him (basically trapped him in the source wall) then I can't see thanos doing it either.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by long pig
Thanos has complete control over his molecules.

If Cyborg tries that, he'd be resisted and blasted.

So does Cyborg, amazing eh?

Can Thanos make a nigh indestructible clone body using childrens toys?

long pig
So does Cyborg, amazing eh?

Can Thanos make a nigh indestructible clone body using childrens toys?
So? That'd mean they both control their own molecules.
Cyborg isn't controlling Thanos' body and Thanos isn't controlling Cyborg's body.

But he can blast him to all hell.

Avalonofthewind
So? That'd mean they both control their own molecules.
Cyborg isn't controlling Thanos' body and Thanos isn't controlling Cyborg's body.

But he can blast him to all hell.

They going to tickle each other with blasts and become best friends! big grin

leonidas
where does it say thanos has control over his molecules? earth eternals have that power, but not titan eternals as far as i know.

Grammaton
The Cyborg is tough (superman's powers x 10?) - I cant see him going down easily...

Avalonofthewind
where does it say thanos has control over his molecules? earth eternals have that power, but not titan eternals as far as i know.

If he doesn't, he loses.

leonidas
i'm beginning to think you could be right here, av . . .

Avalonofthewind
He's pretty diverse, especially if you have any circuitry in your body.
Look at this...Supes tries to punch him.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wall3.jpg

manjaro
well you all know that when it comes to thanos nothing will be easy for his eneimes. i give cy the slight, key word slight ,nod bcuz he's one of DC's answer to absorbing man. he can absorb and assimilate anything. including energy waves.......and whats thanos bread and butter ?....cosmic blasts! so if dude plays his cards right he can absorb that ...providing that he doesnt over load or something but bth are strong both are indestructable so a fist fight wouldnt yield any victors, then boom to make matters worse the cyborg can transform into living energy weapons... like the time he tapped into a planet's energy core and created a large world destroying sized cannon out of himself....tough matchup, could literally go either way but im inclined to say the cyborg

Avalonofthewind
I agree Manjaro. Check out this beatdown. Loving the jumpkick cyborg pulls out on page 2!!! LOL

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/BeatdownOG.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Beatdown2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Beatdown3.jpg

kgkg
If he didn't his ass would be manipulate by almost any cosmic being out there

And when he was traveling though dimensions his body was practically being change that didn't affect him smile

Thanos has way to much raw power, and defense that is beyond someone like Silver Surfer.

leonidas
<<If he didn't his ass would be manipulate by almost any cosmic being out there
And when he was traveling though dimensions his body was practically being change that didn't affect him
Thanos has way to much raw power, and defense that is beyond someone like Silver Surfer.>>

ya, that was my first thought too, but avy makes some good points. and about the molecular control - if he CAN, it's a power he attained through his enhancements (and is not mentioned in even the most up-to-date bios) because his race can't do it. if you're talking about his body changes in thanosquest, doesn't didn't he say he was maintaining his being through sheer will power? i can't recall any instances where he was shown being able to manipulate his own molecules in the way you mean. he's always just shown to be nearly invulnerable. you got any specific examples to show your side of the argument?

kgkg
<<If he didn't his ass would be manipulate by almost any cosmic being out there
And when he was traveling though dimensions his body was practically being change that didn't affect him
Thanos has way to much raw power, and defense that is beyond someone like Silver Surfer.>>

ya, that was my first thought too, but avy makes some good points. and about the molecular control - if he CAN, it's a power he attained through his enhancements (and is not mentioned in even the most up-to-date bios) because his race can't do it. if you're talking about his body changes in thanosquest, doesn't didn't he say he was maintaining his being through sheer will power? i can't recall any instances where he was shown being able to manipulate his own molecules in the way you mean. he's always just shown to be nearly invulnerable. you got any specific examples to show your side of the argument?
His race can't do it?
I have seen mentor do it he manipulates matter.

Bio doesn’t have everything

I don't know Thanos uses different powers each time they show him.

if i find it i will let you know.

But he body was changed (atoms etc) but he turned back to his original state ( when he was traveling though dimension)

I mean if he could be control by trick like that SS etc will easily pull it off.

leonidas
<<His race can't do it?
I have seen mentor do it he manipulates matter.>>

yeah, mentor has some high telepathic abilities that thanos doesn't have. but your point about mentor made me wonder, because mentor DOES have the same abilities as earth born eternals. i guess thanos must as well. but those abilities do not extend to molecular control. SOME earth titans (sersi) have developed the ability, but not all possess it. the difference between earth/titan eternals in the cosmic energy that that sustains them. earth eternals have it, titan eternals don't.

mentor, and i assume thanos then, both have earth based powers but are titanians. not sure why they have those abilities. may have to check on that.

and to be honest - i STILL don't know what to make of this battle!

Beyonder
Think about it this way Leo.

Thanos can increase his strength with Cosmic power.

Cyborg can increase it as well by assimilating his environment.

Thanos uses highly advanced weapons.

Cyborg could use any of them against Thanos himself easily.

Thanos is extremely intelligent.

Cyborg is as well, and has the advantage of being a living computer as well. Intelligence plus computer speed and efficiancy.

Thanos is fast.

Cyborg is faster.

Thanos can teleport.

Cyborg can teleport.

Thanos is near indestructable.

Cyborg is near indestructable.

Thanos can create fields.

Cyborg can as well... he can also be in multiple bodies at once.

This fight is also taking place in the middle of a city. Tons of material to augment with.

Thanos is a MUTANT Eternal. Then he amped himself with techs.

Secondly, Mistress Death amped his power even more. Now, does Cyborg have that?

And no, Cyborg ain't taking over Thanos' body. He's too durabable for that. Guys like Odin, Tyrant, Walker, and Galactus have yet to take over his body. Heck, has he ever been taking over by anyone?

Guys like Strange, Thor, Surfer, Gladiator, Quasar, Iron Man, etc. shit in their pants when it comes to dealing with Thanos.

We're talking about mysticals, techs, matter manipulation, etc. Cyborg ain't even skyfather level to mess with Thanos. He isn't controlling Thanos after that power up of Mistress Death. Also, do you really think Thanos would allow for his tech to be taken over? This is the guy whose tech outspied Dr Doom's during The End.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
Thanos is a MUTANT Eternal. Then he amped himself with techs.

Secondly, Mistress Death amped his power even more. Now, does Cyborg have that?

And no, Cyborg ain't taking over Thanos' body. He's too durabable for that. Guys like Odin, Tyrant, Walker, and Galactus have yet to take over his body. Heck, has he ever been taking over by anyone?

Guys like Strange, Thor, Surfer, Gladiator, Quasar, Iron Man, etc. shit in their pants when it comes to dealing with Thanos.

We're talking about mysticals, techs, matter manipulation, etc. Cyborg ain't even skyfather level to mess with Thanos. He isn't controlling Thanos after that power up of Mistress Death. Also, do you really think Thanos would allow for his tech to be taken over? This is the guy whose tech outspied Dr Doom's during The End.

You telling me Galactus can't take over his body if he wanted to? Have any of those guys tried? All they do is blast each other back and forth...and Thanos hasnt fared too well against them.

Mistress Death amped up Thanos? Great...Cyborg is beyond death himself. What else would you call a being who can exist with no body, or create bodies at will?

Last I remember, Thor had no fear of Thanos. Respect, maybe.
Tech? Henshaw is so far beyond Doom and Reeds as well that it's not even funny. There is NOTHING that Thanos could build that Cyborg couldnt turn back against him. Including his own bio enhanced body. Thanos wouldn't just be fighting another creature, he would also be fighting the environment around him. Controlling all tech is his thing. Just doing that would hurt Thanos pretty bad. Being immortal does not exclude you from pain or make you undefeatable.

Beyonder
You telling me Galactus can't take over his body if he wanted to? Have any of those guys tried? All they do is blast each other back and forth...and Thanos hasnt fared too well against them.

? Better than Cyborg against the OE.

Riiight. So is Ultron. roll eyes (sarcastic) Please, switching bodies doesn't make you immune to Death's grip. Nor doesn't free floating without a body. If Death wanted Cyborg dead, Cyborg Supes would be DEAD. Why? Even Lucifer Morningstar has died. So has Michael. Cyborg ain't beyond death. Neither is Galactus.

And Thanos would only need to beat up Cyborg for the win.

Funny thing since Thanos punked Thor almost every time they've fight. Even before his death/power up, Thanos was fighting Thor and Thing at the same time. After that, Thor isn't even in Thanos' league. He's even stomped Mjlornir dead in its track just by raising his hand.

Except that block of pure force Thanos trapped Warrior Madness Thor with Power Gem in. You remember that don't you? Thor had Warrior's Madness and also had attained the Power Gem from Drax. But Thanos force block had that Thor trapped.

Um...I guess Thanos can build something to own Cyborg.

Oh please. Doom's tech allowed him to spy a GOD-like being, who even skyfather's couldn't. So did Thanos'. Cyborg's tech ain't beyond Doom or Reed.

Thanos is steps above Doom in tech. Your kidding yourself if you think Cyborg can tech over an Eternal of Thanos' calibuer - who was amped by Death herself.

Avalonofthewind
So you are comparing cyborg against Ultron? Wow. Then there isn't much point trying to convince you then, is there?

It's doesnt matter how advanced the tech is, Cyborg can take it over. Feel free to show me an example of cyborg not being able to do so. Any tech thanos tries to use will be instantly turned against him. Is this difficult to get?
Thanos own body uses bionics and tech. Not a hard thing to control to incapitate your enemy. Thanos is tough, not invincible.

Not better than Doom or Richards? Using a crossover for example. Cyborg thought Reeds tech was fairly primitive, and reeds = doom. WOW, spied on a god like being. Great for him.

Punked or not, have you ever seen Thor scared of thanos...those were ur words, not mine.

As for death, if death wants them. They can die. Thanos included. Cyborgs never died. He just goes into new bodies that he can create on the fly if he wishes.

Lastly, If Parallax didnt do it. Thanos certainly isn't.

K3VIL
Thanos body is his second body.
The first was the one enhanced with bionics and so, this body was enhanced from Death itself, making Thanos stronger and hella durable than his previous incarnation.
Thanos has beat plenty of enemies which are more dangerous than Cyborg and resisted to attacks that will annihilate him instantly.
He'll punch him few times then blast him until he melt his body and block him in a block of pure force and proceed into taking him to the nearest supernova the eliminate his body.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by K3VIL
Thanos body is his second body.
The first was the one enhanced with bionics and so, this body was enhanced from Death itself, making Thanos stronger and hella durable than his previous incarnation.
Thanos has beat plenty of enemies which are more dangerous than Cyborg and resisted to attacks that will annihilate him instantly.
He'll punch him few times then blast him until he melt his body and block him in a block of pure force and proceed into taking him to the nearest supernova the eliminate his body.

Punching and kicking is not going to work isn't going to work anymore against Cyborg than it is against Thanos. Melt cyborgs body? Doubtful. This is a guy who has survived being thrown in a black hole. Supernova will probably hurt Thanos more than Cyborg. This is a guy that has stood in the middle of an explosion that ATOMIZED everything else around him and didn't have a hair out of place. He also doesnt even have to be in a single body, he can occupy or command multiple bodies, depending on where he is, he can be the enviroment. If Thanos has bionics or uses any tech, it will be used against himself. Durability, If thanos were thrown into the source wall, he wouldnt fare any better than the promethian giants that are stuck there... what did cyborg do? He took over a section of the wall for himself...and yes, the wall self repairs, so it does have some sentience to it. If something hurts thanos, cyborg can create it and use it. Its what he does.

Beyonder
Punching and kicking is not going to work isn't going to work anymore against Cyborg than it is against Thanos. Melt cyborgs body? Doubtful. This is a guy who has survived being thrown in a black hole. Supernova will probably hurt Thanos more than Cyborg. This is a guy that has stood in the middle of an explosion that ATOMIZED everything else around him and didn't have a hair out of place. He also doesnt even have to be in a single body, he can occupy or command multiple bodies, depending on where he is, he can be the enviroment. If Thanos has bionics or uses any tech, it will be used against himself. Durability, If thanos were thrown into the source wall, he wouldnt fare any better than the promethian giants that are stuck there... what did cyborg do? He took over a section of the wall for himself...and yes, the wall self repairs, so it does have some sentience to it. If something hurts thanos, cyborg can create it and use it. Its what he does.

So is that why Parallax punched a hole in him? And this was a weaker Parallax.

Supernova hurt Thanos? You based this on what? He's taken shots from Odin w/ Gungnir, Tyrant, Galactus, Omega, and Beyonder.

Surfer can survive a Supernova. Thanos wouldn't even care.

Beyonder
So you are comparing cyborg against Ultron? Wow. Then there isn't much point trying to convince you then, is there?

Only since you said beyond death. Which is relative...and thus I brought Ultron as an example. But again, not even angels of Lucifer and Michael's calibuer are beyond death. Cyborg ain't either.

That's funny, now show me where someone has taken over Thanos through any means?

Yeah, using a crossover...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fine I'll play your game. Using a crossover, Thanos stalemate Darkseid. Neither got the better. Thor, however, was stopped by Darkseid in one blast, than proceeded to take the attack of both Surfer and Storm. On the other hand, Thanos fought off the collective of Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel,

Well, didn't Darkseid beat Cyborg? Yet Thanos stalemated Darkseid. Whose more durabable now? And please, Thanos laughed at Surfer's attacks all the time.

Pride anyone? Before Thanos' death, Thor needed Thing to help fight Thanos. Nowadays, Thanos wrecks and humilates him time and time again. Thor's prideful and all...doesn't mean ain't an scared of his foes.

Riiiight. Lucifer Morningstar and Michael have both died. You do know these beings don't you? Creating bodies? Try universes. Michael completely stomped Spectre in a fight. If death wanted, Cyborg would death as well.

ImmortalOne
Yep, If Death wants someone dead, its dead !!

long pig
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Yep, If Death wants someone dead, its dead !!
Only the few elite are above Death's grip...........

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
Only since you said beyond death. Which is relative...and thus I brought Ultron as an example. But again, not even angels of Lucifer and Michael's calibuer are beyond death. Cyborg ain't either.

That's funny, now show me where someone has taken over Thanos through any means?

Yeah, using a crossover...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fine I'll play your game. Using a crossover, Thanos stalemate Darkseid. Neither got the better. Thor, however, was stopped by Darkseid in one blast, than proceeded to take the attack of both Surfer and Storm. On the other hand, Thanos fought off the collective of Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel,

Well, didn't Darkseid beat Cyborg? Yet Thanos stalemated Darkseid. Whose more durabable now? And please, Thanos laughed at Surfer's attacks all the time.

Pride anyone? Before Thanos' death, Thor needed Thing to help fight Thanos. Nowadays, Thanos wrecks and humilates him time and time again. Thor's prideful and all...doesn't mean ain't an scared of his foes.

Riiiight. Lucifer Morningstar and Michael have both died. You do know these beings don't you? Creating bodies? Try universes. Michael completely stomped Spectre in a fight. If death wanted, Cyborg would death as well.

I think you need to relax, this is a simple debate. Seems like its personal to you, try to relax a bit there buddy. Now..

For someone taking over Thanos, has anyone tried? How are you so sure it can't be done. The guy is powerful, not invincible. Big difference.

Thanos was handling Captain Marvel, and Wonder woman... great. Cyborg Handled Eradicator, Supergirl, Steel, and Superboy with no sweat.

Using a crossover, Cyborg mocked surfers power as well and was completely unaffected by it.

If you call a motherbox enhanced Darkseid and Superman a victory, thats fine. If DS and Thanos are equal. Then Thanos would have lost. No Ultra motherbox powered Omega effect here, and it took more than one blast AND an enhanced superman. Thanos wouldnt have fared any better. Cyborg still wasnt killed.

I've never seen anyone think that Cyborg would be an easy fight either.

Who's talking about Lucifer and Micheal? If death wanted Thanos or Cyborg they would be dead too. The point is they arent easy to kill. Funny, they have both "died" and have come back to life. Lobo anyone? He laughs at death.

We havent even gotten into the speed issue. How fast is Thanos compared to Cyborg?

kgkg

Actually thanos can easily win.

I was digging through some Superman Comics.

When Cyborg was connected to a Planet (and was using that as a weapon)

All superman had to do his disconnect him from the planet, and supes physically abused him in the air.

Later when Cyborg comes back from the dimension (phantom zone), he kicked supes ass , but he gets trapped by energy(rays) that paralyzed him ( Thanos has done this to more powerful beings)

He can also be sent to different dimension (he was send to the phantom zone)

Superman was physically able to stand up to Cyborg (after his so called rebirth) even for a little bit

Thanos has way to many ways to beat him.

If rays can stop him, Thanos can trap him easily.

And if you want to use crossover Cyborg was begging Galactus to become a cosmic being? And didn’t Galactus manipulate him to shit.

THe same Cosmic beings Thanos beats easily.

Avalonofthewind
Actually thanos can easily win.

I was digging through some Superman Comics.

When Cyborg was connected to a Planet (and was using that as a weapon)

All superman had to do his disconnect him from the planet, and supes physically abused him in the air.

Later when Cyborg comes back from the dimension (phantom zone), he kicked supes ass , but he gets trapped by energy(rays) that paralyzed him ( Thanos has done this to more powerful beings)

He can also be sent to different dimension (he was send to the phantom zone)

Superman was physically able to stand up to Cyborg (after his so called rebirth) even for a little bit

Thanos has way to many ways to beat him.

If rays can stop him, Thanos can trap him easily.

And if you want to use crossover Cyborg was begging Galactus to become a cosmic being? And didn’t Galactus manipulate him to shit.

THe same Cosmic beings Thanos beats easily.

For the crossover, why wouldnt he ask for power cosmic from galactus? His power levels would go through the roof if power cosmic were added to his own. Look at what it did for Supes. He laughed at Surfers power, but respected Galactus (as he should.)

All villains will lose one way or another. Thanos was beaten down by Doctor Doom while wearing the infinity Gauntlet. This debate also doesnt negate that Thanos himself could be put in the phantom zone and any tech he uses can be used against him.

Cyborg is also way faster and doesnt have to be in one body. Thanos may affect one body while Cy is inhabiting another and he certainly is not stronger than Henshaw..

In my opinion, Either one can beat the other on any given occasion. I'm just leaning more towards Cyborg...especially if it's true Thanos doenst control his own molecules like Cyborg can.

kgkg
For the crossover, why wouldnt he ask for power cosmic from galactus? His power levels would go through the roof if power cosmic were added to his own. Look at what it did for Supes. He laughed at Surfers power, but respected Galactus (as he should.)

All villains will lose one way or another. Thanos was beaten down by Doctor Doom while wearing the infinity Gauntlet. This debate also doesnt negate that Thanos himself could be put in the phantom zone and any tech he uses can be used against him.

Cyborg is also way faster and doesnt have to be in one body. Thanos may affect one body while Cy is inhabiting another and he certainly is not stronger than Henshaw..

In my opinion, Either one can beat the other on any given occasion. I'm just leaning more towards Cyborg...especially if it's true Thanos doenst control his own molecules like Cyborg can.
Maybe you missed the part were hensay

Was easily defeated by energy beams ( from his rebirth) and one time even with the planet to help him he couldn’t beat superman.

Of course the enemy also loosed but Thanos loosing to someone who gets easily trapped by energy beams, and can easily be teleported to different dimensions.

And Superman was always putting somewhat of a fight with just his fight.

Cyborg got stronger , but was immune to energy attack like beam , that could paralyze him

Thanos has energy beams that can paralyze him like what happened to him last time.

Avalonofthewind
Maybe you missed the part were hensay

Was easily defeated by energy beams ( from his rebirth) and one time even with the planet to help him he couldn’t beat superman.

Of course the enemy also loosed but Thanos loosing to someone who gets easily trapped by energy beams, and can easily be teleported to different dimensions.

And Superman was always putting someone what of a fight with just his fights

Thanos has energy beams that can paralyze him like what happened to him last time.

Like I said in mine. Thanos was beaten down while wearing the Gauntlet by Doctor Doom. Maybe you missed that part.

Energy beam? Force field. Move to a different body. Not hard. Cyborg much much faster than Thanos. Stronger by default.

Thanos could easily be teleported to the phantom zone himself. Have you seen anyone resist being thrown in there? Once in His powers would be useless.

leonidas
but kg, thanos uses his beams destructively. he can only 'trap' (a la mad, power gem thor) in energy with added tech. i admit i know enough about cyborg to be considered partially competent at best in this discussion, but it seems it would come down to thanos's blasting him to crap, or fighting him h2h. thanos can't teleport him to another dimension without added tech or weapons - not unless that has been added to his personal power very recently. i know he has some psionically based power, but the extent of it seems a bit unknown. thanos actually has a lot smaller sprectrum of power than ss has - just that what he has is enormously strong. coupled with physical power, his tech and brains he is a brutal opponent.

in a ring, no tech, no other gadgets or tricks, would his blasts and strength be enough?

i honestly don't know. i would have thought so, but av has done a good job presenting cyborg's case. this is a much more interesting fight than i would have thought it to be.

kgkg
but kg, thanos uses his beams destructively. he can only 'trap' (a la mad, power gem thor) in energy with added tech. i admit i know enough about cyborg to be considered partially competent at best in this discussion, but it seems it would come down to thanos's blasting him to crap, or fighting him h2h. thanos can't teleport him to another dimension without added tech or weapons - not unless that has been added to his personal power very recently. i know he has some psionically based power, but the extent of it seems a bit unknown. thanos actually has a lot smaller sprectrum of power than ss has - just that what he has is enormously strong. coupled with physical power, his tech and brains he is a brutal opponent.

in a ring, no tech, no other gadgets or tricks, would his blasts and strength be enough?

i honestly don't know. i would have thought so, but av has done a good job presenting cyborg's case. this is a much more interesting fight than i would have thought it to be.
He doesn't need Tech, and you don't need force blocks to trap Cyborg either.

Energy beams, thanos can easily put him in a force field and teleport his ass, or break him to bits with cosmic blast.

I remember Cyborg acting all he was the shit ( when he was using a planet) and was able to make something that can destroy a city.

He was acting like he was the Shit.

City destroying attack vs World Destroying attacks, and Cyborg was using a planet as a weapon that time.

If Superman can at least physically hang with him, thanos with cosmic blast can rip Cyborg to pieces.

Thanos is strong enough to knock out Silver Surfer.

leonidas
yeah, 'fraid i think you're right. 'borg might cause him some grief for a time, but ultimately i really can't see him taking down thanos. sorry av.

sad

Avalonofthewind
He doesn't need Tech, and you don't need force blocks to trap Cyborg either.

Energy beams, thanos can easily put him in a force field and teleport his ass, or break him to bits with cosmic blast.

I remember Cyborg acting all he was the shit ( when he was using a planet) and was able to make something that can destroy a city.

He was acting like he was the Shit.

City destroying attack vs World Destroying attacks, and Cyborg was using a planet as a weapon that time.

If Superman can at least physically hang with him, thanos with cosmic blast can rip Cyborg to pieces.

Thanos is strong enough to knock out Silver Surfer.

Here we go with the Planet Destroying crap u sooo love. Maybe you should be watching DBZ. big grin When has Thanos destroyed a planet with a blast under regular power?

He knocked out Surfer physically? Wow. Big deal. Henshaw has taken out Eradicator even easier, and Eradicator is basically the same thing as surfer...except, he doesnt need a board to fly...

You forget after that battle Henshaw was survived a black hole, can make forcefields of his own, can create bodies basically instantly, and is faster than Thanos. He can upgrade easily during the fight.

Thanos thought he was the *shit* (as you put it) with the Gauntlet, and nearly got knocked out by Doom a human.

Keeping these 2 characters in context. It's a very fair fight.

kgkg
Well let's see

Silver Surfer destroys planet, and takes planet destroying attacks.

Silver Surfer attacks at full power with cosmic blast --------- Doesn't really hurt thanos , Thanos didn't physically defeated Silver Surfer , he was amping his punches with cosmic powers , and that’s what SS does also.

There isn’t any Physically being that Thanos can’t handle ( Drax , Hulk , Champ etc)

Not only has he knocked Silver Surfer.

He also defeated Fallen One, Thor , Drax , Hulk etc with ease.

He has survived a black hole, but he can still be trapped easily with beam, and can be teleported easily.

Superman K.o'ed him with punches, Thanos with cosmic blast will rip him.

And he did upgrade himself to City destroying attacks, that’s nothing SS , Drax etc are all planet destroyers.

What issue, Thanos was toying with them, he easily defeated MU heros and cosmic as I recall.

kgkg
yeah, 'fraid i think you're right. 'borg might cause him some grief for a time, but ultimately i really can't see him taking down thanos. sorry av.

sad big grin

kgkg
Cyborg (this is suppose to be the all amped up Cyborg)

Since he was using the planet as a weapon

kgkg
k.O

leonidas
<<Cyborg (this is suppose to be the all amped up Cyborg)
Since he was using the planet as a weapon>>

ouch! great punch . . .

smile

Avalonofthewind
Well let's see

Silver Surfer destroys planet, and takes planet destroying attacks.

Silver Surfer attacks at full power with cosmic blast --------- Doesn't really hurt thanos , Thanos didn't physically defeated Silver Surfer , he was amping his punches with cosmic powers , and that’s what SS does also.

There isn’t any Physically being that Thanos can’t handle ( Drax , Hulk , Champ etc)

Not only has he knocked Silver Surfer.

He also defeated Fallen One, Thor , Drax , Hulk etc with ease.

He has survived a black hole, but he can still be trapped easily with beam, and can be teleported easily.

Superman K.o'ed him with punches, Thanos with cosmic blast will rip him.

And he did upgrade himself to City destroying attacks, that’s nothing SS , Drax etc are all planet destroyers.

What issue, Thanos was toying with them, he easily defeated MU heros and cosmic as I recall.

Good scans. Well done. Have to give credit where it's due.
The issues I'm talking about with Doom was infinity Gauntlet #3 if I remember correctly. Also Nebula held him in a cement trap in issue #6. She also easily sent him away to Strange's place. I'll see if I can get scans of that as well.

It took Supes everything he had in that punch. The one that KO'd DD, and Darkseid. Thanos has not shown physical strength comparable to supes on his own. Thanos blasts will do nothing. Borg has stood in the middle of explosions that literally atomized everything around him and has stood unharmed.

Of course, he could just skip the Bio half all together and do this.

Avalonofthewind
By the same ticket. It took Thanos quite a few shots to handle Surfer. While Cyborg handled Eradicator with ease.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanos_spanks_surfer_02.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanos_spanks_surfer_03.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/eradicator.jpg

kgkg
Good scans. Well done. Have to give credit where it's due.
The issues I'm talking about with Doom was infinity Gauntlet #3 if I remember correctly. Also Nebula held him in a cement trap in issue #6. She also easily sent him away to Strange's place. I'll see if I can get scans of that as well.

It took Supes everything he had in that punch. The one that KO'd DD, and Darkseid. Thanos has not shown physical strength comparable to supes on his own. Thanos blasts will do nothing. Borg has stood in the middle of explosions that literally atomized everything around him and has stood unharmed.

Of course, he could just skip the Bio half all together and do this.

Doom didn't do much .
And thanos was depowering himself. To lke 0.0000001 to give them a chance

Once he killed most of them, he gets his full power to battle the cosmic.

And Nebula that time had the IG

Thanos has indeed shown he can take supes punches without much problem.

Look at it this way.

Surfer world destroying blast: Didn't take him down.
Thor's hammer: he stopped that shit
Hulk: no match
Drax: he is strong enough to handle Drax (whose power can be infite)
Odin: his attack took down both SS , and Drax with ease , He couldn't take down Thanos.
Champ : he was stong enough to toy with Champion , and hold him off When he had the Power Gem.
Mad Thor with power gem > BRB , Adam , Strange , SS , Drax ---------- Thanos was able to hang with him for some time , and was able to trap him.

Supes punches are at angry hulk's level, and even Angry Hulk couldn't hurt Silver Surfer, Thanos k.Oed him.

I mean if supes can do that THanos can easily destroy him.

and do you remember when Cyborg was acting all bad when he used the planet to create a weapon that can destroy a city.

kgkg
By the same ticket. It took Thanos quite a few shots to handle Surfer. While Cyborg handled Eradicator with ease.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanos_spanks_surfer_02.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanos_spanks_surfer_03.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/eradicator.jpg
Who says Cyborg is at Silver Surfer level.

His highest feats are city Destroying and this amped Cyb.

kgkg
<<Cyborg (this is suppose to be the all amped up Cyborg)
Since he was using the planet as a weapon>>

ouch! great punch . . .

smile
ya

He did handle the other supermen pretty easily tho.

Avalonofthewind
Who says Cyborg is at Silver Surfer level.

His highest feats are city Destroying and this amped Cyb.

Actually, I said Eradicator is SS level.
Supernova the sun, Changing the molecular structure of all kryptonians so they can't go offworld, Matter manipulation, and space travel, telepathy across solar systems...etc.

Cyborg beat him down easily. Like Thanos to SS. That version of Supergirl also knocked out precrisis supergirl.

leonidas
<<Actually, I said Eradicator is SS level.
Supernova the sun, Changing the molecular structure of all kryptonians so they can't go offworld, Matter manipulation, and space travel, telepathy across solar systems...etc.

Cyborg beat him down easily. Like Thanos to SS. That version of Supergirl also knocked out precrisis supergirl.>>

eek!

i'm sooooo confused with this thread

wacko

the Darkone
Thanos wins with out breaking a swet!!

Avalonofthewind
Doom didn't do much .
And thanos was depowering himself. To lke 0.0000001 to give them a chance

Once he killed most of them, he gets his full power to battle the cosmic.

And Nebula that time had the IG

Thanos has indeed shown he can take supes punches without much problem.

Look at it this way.

Surfer world destroying blast: Didn't take him down.
Thor's hammer: he stopped that shit
Hulk: no match
Drax: he is strong enough to handle Drax (whose power can be infite)
Odin: his attack took down both SS , and Drax with ease , He couldn't take down Thanos.
Champ : he was stong enough to toy with Champion , and hold him off When he had the Power Gem.
Mad Thor with power gem > BRB , Adam , Strange , SS , Drax ---------- Thanos was able to hang with him for some time , and was able to trap him.

Supes punches are at angry hulk's level, and even Angry Hulk couldn't hurt Silver Surfer, Thanos k.Oed him.

I mean if supes can do that THanos can easily destroy him.

and do you remember when Cyborg was acting all bad when he used the planet to create a weapon that can destroy a city.

That scan I showed you takes place AFTER your scan. Were physical attacks any good? Did Supes knock him out that time? There was nothing physically that he could do to him. Cyborg is a smart opponent and learns.

As for Thanos, even depowering himself, he never turned off the POWER Gem. He already had his enhanced body, yet Doom still got him down and nearly got the Gauntlet off him. He did better than a lot of other heroes/villains. Thats even worse than Supes getting the better of Cyborg that time. Nebula also held him in cement later.

Silver surfers planet destroying Blast - Cyborg mocked dat shit (to paraphrase you)

Thors Hammer - Supes caught dat shiot, Cyborg would have an easier time doing it since it seems machines can pick up the hammer.

Hulk, No match.

Champ - Beat with Trickery.

Drax <<<Precrisis Supergirl who was knocked out by Post Supergirl once who Cyborg effortlessly took out.

Mad Thor with Gem - Power gem doesn't seem too impressive. Seems that everyone who possesses it gets beaten. Again, Doom nearly took the Gauntlet from him while Thanos had the power gem active.

Thanos fears the Soul Gem, Soul Gems "world" doesnt seem too different from the Phantom Zone.

Add to the fact that Borg is still much much faster than Thanos and can make a weapon customized for him (like he said in my earlier scan) and this fight is a no brainer.

*ps* you say Thanos can somehow "hurt" borg with a blast..and in your own scan it says he is invulnerable in his cyborg half. In my later one, he has dropped that weakness as you can see.

kgkg
That scan I showed you takes place AFTER your scan. Were physical attacks any good? Did Supes knock him out that time? There was nothing physically that he could do to him. Cyborg is a smart opponent and learns.

As for Thanos, even depowering himself, he never turned off the POWER Gem. He already had his enhanced body, yet Doom still got him down and nearly got the Gauntlet off him. He did better than a lot of other heroes/villains. Thats even worse than Supes getting the better of Cyborg that time. Nebula also held him in cement later.

Silver surfers planet destroying Blast - Cyborg mocked dat shit (to paraphrase you)

Thors Hammer - Supes caught dat shiot, Cyborg would have an easier time doing it since it seems machines can pick up the hammer.

Hulk, No match.

Champ - Beat with Trickery.

Drax <<<Precrisis Supergirl who was knocked out by Post Supergirl once who Cyborg effortlessly took out.

Mad Thor with Gem - Power gem doesn't seem too impressive. Seems that everyone who possesses it gets beaten. Again, Doom nearly took the Gauntlet from him while Thanos had the power gem active.

Thanos fears the Soul Gem, Soul Gems "world" doesnt seem too different from the Phantom Zone.

Add to the fact that Borg is still much much faster than Thanos and can make a weapon customized for him (like he said in my earlier scan) and this fight is a no brainer.

*ps* you say Thanos can somehow "hurt" borg with a blast..and in your own scan it says he is invulnerable in his cyborg half. In my later one, he has dropped that weakness as you can see.
Again with the crossover ok.

SS wasn't using his full power.

When do you see him doing world destroying attacks?

He doesn't do that for nothing.

As for Crossover he undid 5th dimension magic, and was able to effect the entire city.

Now take that in battle he can easily shrink all the heroes , and turn Cyborg into shit just like what Galactus did.

And He can easily kill 1000 by effecting there cells

Avalonofthewind

As for Crossover he undid 5th dimension magic, and was able to effect the entire city.

Now take that in battle he can easily shrink all the heroes , and turn Cyborg into shit just like what Galactus did.

Simple question...if they don't meet in a crossover, how will they meet?
Surfer unshrunk a city, doesnt mean he can trap spectre. Erad or atom could have unshrunk it the same way. Its a simple trick. Tolos has a bottle city. Doesnt make him Galactus level automatically.
Surfers world destroying attack is still under scrutiny. He did that with Morg.
Honestly, its nothing special as many characters can blast the core/fly through a planet and explode it.
SS obviously wasnt using his full power on thanos either. Going by your own logic... He should be way way faster than Thanos and if he can undo imp magic, thanos should have no chance. I guess Surfer was holding back on Thanos too while he got beat down?

Dark Thor
Thanos

dvampire
Draw right now for me.

Dizzle
Simple question...if they don't meet in a crossover, how will they meet?
Surfer unshrunk a city, doesnt mean he can trap spectre. Erad or atom could have unshrunk it the same way. Its a simple trick. Tolos has a bottle city. Doesnt make him Galactus level automatically.
Surfers world destroying attack is still under scrutiny. He did that with Morg.
Honestly, its nothing special as many characters can blast the core/fly through a planet and explode it.
SS obviously wasnt using his full power on thanos either. Going by your own logic... He should be way way faster than Thanos and if he can undo imp magic, thanos should have no chance. I guess Surfer was holding back on Thanos too while he got beat down?

First off, Thanos hit Surfer a whole bunch of times because A: Surfer is very durable and B: Thanos is an ass who likes punching things. He just happens to be very good at it too.

They met in a crossover, but most crossovers are typically written quite poorly. Thanos has taken hits from Mjolnir better than Superman did (bleeding vs. not bleeding) He also took shots from Odin, who is >>>>>Thor.

Surfer NEVER uses full power on a first strike. Not every blast Surfer uses is a huge planet destroying one. He saves those for when he has power leaking through his eyes. Against Morg, his eyes start glowing and what happens? Planets start blowin up.

Did Surfer attack the core of a planet? He and Morg attacked each other, and the blast destroyed the planet. The core or the planet was nowhere to be seen before that. And name me some people who can just fly right through a planet's core.

Since when is Thanos slow? Surfer's powerful enough to go multiples of light speed, Thanos is powerful enough just to teleport himself.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Dizzle
First off, Thanos hit Surfer a whole bunch of times because A: Surfer is very durable and B: Thanos is an ass who likes punching things. He just happens to be very good at it too.

They met in a crossover, but most crossovers are typically written quite poorly. Thanos has taken hits from Mjolnir better than Superman did (bleeding vs. not bleeding) He also took shots from Odin, who is >>>>>Thor.

Surfer NEVER uses full power on a first strike. Not every blast Surfer uses is a huge planet destroying one. He saves those for when he has power leaking through his eyes. Against Morg, his eyes start glowing and what happens? Planets start blowin up.

Did Surfer attack the core of a planet? He and Morg attacked each other, and the blast destroyed the planet. The core or the planet was nowhere to be seen before that. And name me some people who can just fly right through a planet's core.

Since when is Thanos slow? Surfer's powerful enough to go multiples of light speed, Thanos is powerful enough just to teleport himself.

So Surfer likes being a punching bag? Teleportation makes you powerful? I guess Nightcrawler will be the next universal menace then.
Surfer wasnt even powerful enough to contain a portion of Ego's bio energy. Something that Quasar did with no sweat with a HUMAN body.
And who are you that I need to go proving anything to you? Read the whole forum and good points are made on both ends. You either agree or you don't. I'll give you one example though, here is Borg in 2 places at once. He handles Steel in one body, while dealing with Supes, Erads, and Superboy in another.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyborg.jpg

Avalonofthewind

Some crossovers are written better than others. Thanos doesnt look too hot here does he? Wolverine cut him with Bone claws. He's having a hard time with WW, CM, and GL. Meanwhile, Darkseid is looking like the man handling Storm, Surfer, and Thor with ease.
I thought the GL/Surfer crossover was well done..much better than Marvel/DC.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wolvcutsthanos.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosowned.jpg

ImmortalOne
HOw many times do we have to tell you ??
Crossovers dont PROVE THE TRUE POWER OF A CHARACTER !!!

long pig
Of course it does silly!

Wolverine can definitely cut Thanos with bone claws!
Wolverine can always easily beat Lobo!
Storm>>>>>>>Wonder Woman, right Draco?

Jesus....someone just lost a hella lot of cred by posting that pic.

Desperation, maybe?

the Darkone
Thanos is pound for pound one the toughest beings in all comics. He has taken on beings that will crush henshaw with ease tyrant, odin, galactus, champion of the universe, adam warlock, Magus ( darkseid of adam warlock, Thor, the runner, in-betweener, Maker (beyonder). Who the hell has henshaw beat besides superman, steel, supergirl, superboy, eradicator I mean please thanos has fought beings with great power and smiled in their face and gave them the middle finger.

Thanos will tare apart henshaw with out much effort, thanos can tap into dark powers and increase his own powers and abilities at will blasting henshaw into oblivion like darkseid did. Thanos can control his molecules making himself denser than before or he can just teleport henshaw a$$ into a black hole or into a sun for fun of it.

Thanos will will make henshaw (cyborg) into hi slave. laughing laughing laughing

long pig
To be fair, Thanos wouldn't have a single chance against the In-Betweener unless he's in the nexus like he was when Thanos fought him.
In the Nexus, IB is powerless, in normal reality, IB is near omnipotent.

You gotta be hella powerful to take out the IB....

This fight has gotten interesting though, at first I thought Thanos.....cuz usually when he's up against someone on these boards, he seriously wins....but Av did a good job (Other than posting those x-over pics....) making me think.

I dunno.

K3VIL
Wolverine slashing Thanos?
ROTFL laughing

Avalonofthewind
Of course it does silly!

Wolverine can definitely cut Thanos with bone claws!
Wolverine can always easily beat Lobo!
Storm>>>>>>>Wonder Woman, right Draco?

Jesus....someone just lost a hella lot of cred by posting that pic.

Desperation, maybe?

Who said that was canon? Its amazing how people miss things.
If I lost credit to people who cant read or miss things. I could care less.
Do you people just look at the pretty pictures, or do people actually read all that is said?

*Edit* Just read your later post Long Pig. Seems that you did realize that I was making a point. Wolverine slashing thanos with bone claws is as ridiculous and Surfers power being equal to an imp. I'll still leave my comment up since it appears others do just look at the pictures.

Surfer GL i'll accept. Everyone seemed on par with what they can do. Marvel/DC is a different story. Wolverine fanboys may like the uber wolvie though. laughing

Magic_attack
[
As for Thanos, even depowering himself, he never turned off the POWER Gem. He already had his enhanced body, yet Doom still got him down and nearly got the Gauntlet off him. He did better than a lot of other heroes/villains.

Its funny u keep saying that Doom "got him down?" But actually Doom just kept lurking in the background waiting to get his hands on the gauntlet. It was Thor w/ Mjolnr that put Thanos down. Doom then tried to grab the gauntlet, and got toasted across the battlefield. Doom never even laid a finger on Thanos.

Gotta go with Thanos on this one.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Magic_attack

Actually, you are correct. Just having re-read the infinity Gauntlet today, it was Thor who knocked him down, so I take that back. Guess I'm getting oldlaughing . However, Wolverine's claws did stab him, and Thanos admitted himself that a thermonuclear device can kill him. He was also floating helplessly in space when transported there and Captain America also effortlessly dodged his blows.

Magic_attack
Not old. smile who wants to keep getting old comic books out to make sure all there facts are straight. Yeah Wolvie did stab him, but we will never know how that would have affected him, without having the infinity gauntlet.

Avalonofthewind
Well, the Gauntlet makes him much more powerful. Just the fact that it did stab him shows that he isn't all indestructable. Wolvie is only peak human strength.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wolviestabsthanos.jpg

Here, Thanos gets trampled.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanostrampled.jpg

Magic_attack
I dont think it was ever stated that Thanos' skin couldnt be pierced. There has been scenes where he has taken his lumps, but he heals himself and keeps going. example, when Thanos fought Odin. So Wolvies claws did pierce his skin, but I m saying I doubt they would have been nothing more than an annoyance to him with or without the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thanos was trampled, from behind, by Thor with Mjolnr in hand. But in all matches involving Thor and Thanos, Thanos has won. Even when Thor had the Power Gem, when even Beta Ray Bill couldnt stop Thor. But that is getting outside the topic.

Avalonofthewind
I dont think it was ever stated that Thanos' skin couldnt be pierced. There has been scenes where he has taken his lumps, but he heals himself and keeps going. example, when Thanos fought Odin. So Wolvies claws did pierce his skin, but I m saying I doubt they would have been nothing more than an annoyance to him with or without the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thanos was trampled, from behind, by Thor with Mjolnr in hand. But in all matches involving Thor and Thanos, Thanos has won. Even when Thor had the Power Gem, when even Beta Ray Bill couldnt stop Thor. But that is getting outside the topic.

Definitely, I have no problem giving Thanos his credit, but some mistake him for invincible. Any character can go down in the right cirscumtances, otherwise, comics would be boring 1 panel affairs all the time. I'm just showing Thanos has weaknesses that Cyborg can exploit as well. Any reasonable person can see that by this point. I think it would be a great battle, or I wouldnt even have bothered to start the thread.

Here is Thanos floating helplessly in space.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thanosfloat.jpg

Here is thanos saying he will commit suicide by a thermonuclear device. His words, not mine.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

Magic_attack
O. I agree. But the device didnt kill him. It was only a distraction so that he could go his own way to find himself. I guess N be a farmer? Im just saying I tend to disagree with u on cyborg beating him. but i do agree with ur thought bout ppl thinking some characters r invincible.

Avalonofthewind
O. I agree. But the device didnt kill him. It was only a distraction so that he could go his own way to find himself. I guess N be a farmer? Im just saying I tend to disagree with u on cyborg beating him. but i do agree with ur thought bout ppl thinking some characters r invincible.

Well, we never knew what happened actually. He did have it planned in advance, so whats to say he didnt simply disengage himself from it before it exploded? Like a magician seemingly escaping death?

He said it would kill him, but we never see what actually happens.

You seem like a reasonable guy magic, pleasure chatting/debating with you.

Magic_attack
u do have a point. he could have aborted the plan after Thor sent him skyrocketin into space.

no prob. I juat dont like how it seems some ppl take everything to an extreme, or take things to personal.

Avalonofthewind
Not a problem bro. I dont have my issue right now, but when I get it, I'll post a scan of Cyborg tossing Doomsday on a perfectly calculated course in space where he would drift forever never running into a planet, moon, asteroid.... etc. He mapped out a deep space scan path almost instantly.

Magic_attack
Yeah. let me know what that was in. I would get that comic.

Creshosk
Wolvie is only peak human strength. He's actually just above peak human and is the basest of superhuman. . .

At least according to Marvel, the reasoning is that without the adamantium he's peak human strength, the when you factor in being able to brace off of the Adamantium, that just barely barely puts him up to superhuman. According to Marvel anyway.

ImmortalOne
Hmm, I thought that animal perceptory and healing facotr thingy gave himm superstength ??

Animal : Strength like a bear...........maybe
HFacotr : Nigh-Unexhaustable

long pig
Wolverine can lift 20 tons.

Creshosk
Hmm, I thought that animal perceptory and healing facotr thingy gave himm superstength ??

Animal : Strength like a bear...........maybe
HFacotr : Nigh-Unexhaustable The "animal preceptory"?

You mean his enhanced senses? No, those just allow him to smell like an animal. . .wait. . . I mean it allows him to pick up and track cents like animals. . yeah that's better.

His healing factor helped him build up his muscles to the point where he was peak human. Then by using his adamantium he's able to go just above.

Creshosk
Wolverine can lift 20 tons. Wha?

ImmortalOne
CAn Daredevil lift 20 tons NO
Can Black Panther lift 20 tons NO
Can Nightwing lift 20 tons HELL NO !!!

Creshosk
CAn Daredevil lift 20 tons NO
Can Black Panther lift 20 tons NO
Can Nightwing lift 20 tons HELL NO !!! /Wolverine can lift more than them though, maybe 200 pounds more?

Not alot but all it takes.

ImmortalOne
Yep, point taken !!

long pig
heh.

I'd say he can bench 900 and deadlift around 1200.

But the difference between him and anyone else is his bones will brace it and he'd be able to hold it for a lot longer.

ImmortalOne
And HEALING FACTOR TOO !!!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Creshosk
He's actually just above peak human and is the basest of superhuman. . .

At least according to Marvel, the reasoning is that without the adamantium he's peak human strength, the when you factor in being able to brace off of the Adamantium, that just barely barely puts him up to superhuman. According to Marvel anyway.

He actually should be above peak human. That adamantium in his bones should be pretty heavy.

Avalonofthewind
Yeah. let me know what that was in. I would get that comic.

Not a problem. Soon as I get my issue back, I'll let you know, or post the scan.

long pig
What's Cyborgs resistance against magic?

Avalonofthewind
He should be above Supes. I know he fought CM/Black Adam and didnt lose.

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/shazam/blackadam.jpg

ImmortalOne
Yeah but did CM used his Lightning against him ??

Avalonofthewind
Yeah but did CM used his Lightning against him ??

I don't know. That issue is hard to find. I went to my usual spot today and that one was sold out.

ImmortalOne
where do you live anyway ??

Avalonofthewind
NYC

jacobo0o
so does thanos lose this fight or not?

ImmortalOne
It depends on magic, i guess !!

leonidas
<<This fight has gotten interesting though, at first I thought Thanos.....cuz usually when he's up against someone on these boards, he seriously wins....but Av did a good job (Other than posting those x-over pics....) making me think.

I dunno.>>

yep, that's what i was saying. everyone know thanos, but av's done a good job of making anyone not an illogical fanboy at least CONSIDER this debate. i can actually see henshaw having a chance here, but voting against thanos is still tough when he's not fighting some cosmic 1on1. fact is borg MIGHT be able to pull it off.

and since when can thanos teleport without tech?

ImmortalOne
He could when he had the Reality Gem, couldnt he ??

Magic_attack
<<
and since when can thanos teleport without tech?

He has the ability to teleport, he just chooses not to. Maybe its too much of a mundane task for him.

leonidas
really? can you show me some place where he's done it without gadgets or tech? i'm curious.

Avalonofthewind
really? can you show me some place where he's done it without gadgets or tech? i'm curious.

How about this leo? Look at what he did to an entire army with a thought. Remember, this is also New God Tech...some of it so advanced, even the New Gods themselves don't understand it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Henshaw.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Henshaw2.jpg

leonidas
<<How about this leo? Look at what he did to an entire army with a thought. Remember, this is also New God Tech...some of it so advanced, even the New Gods themselves don't understand it.>>

yes

Dizzle
He just used the technology there to do it... That wasn't his own power. Controlling it is a feat, but it's not like he whipped out an instant death wave and annihilated an army.

And seeing as Thanos could probly come up with a blast big enough to destroy the planet the two are standing on... Would Henshaw die if everything his consciousness was inhabiting was destroyed?

leonidas
i thnk av's point is, if he could take over new god tech so easily, why COULDN'T he take over thanos's bionic implants?

least i THINK that is his point. but i still wonder what good that would do. taking over his bionics doesn't necessarily equate to a win. and if this is in a ring with no other tech available, what else would henshaw do?

and just how much of thanos IS bionic anyway? anyone know? if his brain has been tech-enhanced, THAT might be something . . .

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Dizzle
He just used the technology there to do it... That wasn't his own power. Controlling it is a feat, but it's not like he whipped out an instant death wave and annihilated an army.

And seeing as Thanos could probly come up with a blast big enough to destroy the planet the two are standing on... Would Henshaw die if everything his consciousness was inhabiting was destroyed?

He made it do exactly what he wanted though. It's not like the tech was made to do what he pulled off. He left burning corpes through headsets. That my friend, is a cool feat.

If you can provide a scan of Thanos destroying a planet under his own power (ie - no gauntlet, HOTU, or Tech) that would be great.

Henshaw stood in the middle of a blast that atomized everything around him and left nothing, and wasnt hurt. You can't get any stronger than atomization when it comes to destruction.

Avalonofthewind
i thnk av's point is, if he could take over new god tech so easily, why COULDN'T he take over thanos's bionic implants?

least i THINK that is his point. but i still wonder what good that would do. taking over his bionics doesn't necessarily equate to a win. and if this is in a ring with no other tech available, what else would henshaw do?

and just how much of thanos IS bionic anyway? anyone know? if his brain has been tech-enhanced, THAT might be something . . .

Just to show how advanced New God tech is Leo..check this out. Its a little cut off..but still readable.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/newgodtech.jpg

Seeing as Wolvie's claws can stab Thanos. I can see Borg making weapons on the fly to hurt thanos. It might take a while, but eventually Henshaw can get the win...and remember what Thanos says here:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

Borg can easily create a blast more powerful than that and hit him much much harder than thor did there.

leonidas
hmmmm . . .

Avalonofthewind
Cyborg can also alter his appearance at will looking completely human or alien. What if he made himself look like Lady Death to mess with Thanos head?

Magic_attack
I dont think that polymorphing is gonna work. cosmic entities have an aura around them. I dont think that he will be able to copy that.

Borg can hit harder than Mjolnr being tossed by thor?

Magic_attack
Its never been stated whether or not Thanos's bionic implants were transfered into his new body. Its been assumed everything he does is mostly on his own due to his power up from lady death.

Magic_attack
Teleportation...

It has been theorized that Thanos possesses the innate ability to teleport himself over unknown distances...however the final answer is an inconclusive one. It is true that most cosmic Eternals possess the ability to teleport themselves and others psionically. Most Eternals find the process an unpleasant one, and usually prefer not to use the ability unless absolutely necessary.

During Thanos' gambit against the Magus, he seemingly used his own teleportational abilities to teleport himself and his allies. He even mentioned the difficulty involved in teleporting others, due to the intense concentration required to accomplish the feat.

Although he has been shown to teleport himself with seemingly no instrumentation, it must be noted that Thanos' had made several bionic enhancements to his original body, and it is likely that most of his teleportation feats were accomplished by remote teleportation equipment controlled via mental signals. That doesn't mean he cannot teleport himself, but it is rather more likely he prefers the efficiency of teleportation equipment to his own ability.

That was taken from Marvel.com.
Hope I dont get into trouble for copying it.! smile

Avalonofthewind
I dont think that polymorphing is gonna work. cosmic entities have an aura around them. I dont think that he will be able to copy that.

Borg can hit harder than Mjolnr being tossed by thor?

You are probably correct about the polymorphing thing. Supes has recently developed the ability to see people souls. I wonder if Borg has this as well now...

Strengthwise, it's all subjective. If Supes could do this in one punch, effectively turning Lobo into a missle then Borg can do it as well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supeslobo.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Teleportation...

It has been theorized that Thanos possesses the innate ability to teleport himself over unknown distances...however the final answer is an inconclusive one. It is true that most cosmic Eternals possess the ability to teleport themselves and others psionically. Most Eternals find the process an unpleasant one, and usually prefer not to use the ability unless absolutely necessary.

During Thanos' gambit against the Magus, he seemingly used his own teleportational abilities to teleport himself and his allies. He even mentioned the difficulty involved in teleporting others, due to the intense concentration required to accomplish the feat.

Although he has been shown to teleport himself with seemingly no instrumentation, it must be noted that Thanos' had made several bionic enhancements to his original body, and it is likely that most of his teleportation feats were accomplished by remote teleportation equipment controlled via mental signals. That doesn't mean he cannot teleport himself, but it is rather more likely he prefers the efficiency of teleportation equipment to his own ability.

That was taken from Marvel.com.
Hope I dont get into trouble for copying it.! smile

Good Stuff you got there.

Magic_attack
I really gotta go with Thanos. He never enters a battle without at least some form of prep. He's got info on everyone, strength's and weakness. I think for Borg to get a win, it will have to be an attack by surprise, and with Thanos having no knowledge of Borg. Maybe on Thanos' ship, that way he could use Thanos' tech against him.

Avalonofthewind
I'm not a huge fan of prep in vs battles because that defeats the purpose of a true battle most of the time. If either side had prep against the other, they would win easily.

Magic_attack
I mean that is one of Thanos' strengths. He already has prep. on marvel characters. Thats why a lot of battles dont really work with Thanos. Like Doom vs Thanos. Thanos knows who Doom is, he knows his strengths, his weakness.

So if they never met before and Thanos has know idea who borg is, that would be an advantage for borg.

dvampire
I mean that is one of Thanos' strengths. He already has prep. on marvel characters. Thats why a lot of battles dont really work with Thanos. Like Doom vs Thanos. Thanos knows who Doom is, he knows his strengths, his weakness.

So if they never met before and Thanos has know idea who borg is, that would be an advantage for borg.

But it's not fare to give the other person prep but not the other. confused

ImmortalOne
CAn Henshaw manipulate a cold-plain-block of adamantium into a super-ultra canon ?? Or turn a piece of sword into a rain of blades ??

If he can, he'll win !!!

Avalonofthewind
Adamantium, Yes. Easily.
Rain of Blades? ?? lol thats...creative..

the Darkone
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.