White Stripes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blalocklover
Well their "white blood cells" is amazing. Dark, sorrow, angry, childish sometimes.

Take as example: we are going to be friends, the perfect song youshould write to your loved (when you are 10.)

great videos, shows everything.

Elephant (I don't have it) is great too. Let's discuss influences or other stuff. One is kinda obvius Velvet Underground (see the video in which is filmed again and again with several takes under the bridge and at the metro, it's classic and took al lot from the band just mentioned)

alic88
i love whtie stipes. they're awesome.

Victor Von Doom
I don't think VU are a musical influence though.

Brilliant band, one of my favourite.

Alpha Centauri
Tremendous artists, considering there's two of them.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
cant believe Jack white was so horrible to Renee Zelweger that she broke up with him....

Alpha Centauri
This is relevent in a thread about their music how? Sorry love but we don't give a shit about his private life.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
i hate it when a brit calls me "love"

Alpha Centauri
I hate it when people like you post. Stop and I'll stop, love.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
only brit cab drivers call women "love"

Alpha Centauri
Apparantly not.

-AC

SimplePlanChica
at least you didnt call me "love" -

smittenkitten
Whenever I see your handle I automatically read 'blacklover.' That's really funny.

In other news...SPC, you're a moron, love.

-Smitten Kitten-

jaden101
liking the stripes...liking the stripes

the rawness and cheap production values give the album a well suited sound to them

im still really pissed off that they had to pull out of T in the park a couple of years ago though...would have loved to have seen them live

Libertine
I like the white stripes. Catchy tunes were just what we were needing when they first came out. Fell in love with a girl got to be one of my faves.

Elephant pumped out some pretty rocking tunes too. With seven nation army's infectious bass line.

Victor Von Doom
You may have noticed they don't have a bassist.

Deathblow
De Stijl is just about the only album of theirs I can take.

Lana
I love the White Stripes.

blalocklover
Thanks simpleman.

VU isn`t a mayor influence perhaps, i was only pointing one song (from elephant)

No there's not a bassist we all know it was a guitar.

alic88
although i must say that meg white is not the best drummer, she has limited abilities as a drummer, but still jack white( i think thats his name) and meg combine to make excellent music. Certainly 1 of the better stuff i have heard in recent times

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Libertine
I like the white stripes. Catchy tunes were just what we were needing when they first came out. Fell in love with a girl got to be one of my faves.

Elephant pumped out some pretty rocking tunes too. With seven nation army's infectious bass line.

Hehehehe....Bass....

alic88
^ that is a lot of fun2play on the A string, and easy also.

Elondra
Bumping this thread as they have a new song out.

Blue Orchid...very catchy

Red Superfly
I loved how everyone criticised The White Stripes for not having a bassist (like a bunch of morons), and then Jack goes: "Here, take this Seven Nation Army up your arse".

White Stripes rock. Their songs are incredibly fun to play, and I think Jack White is a brilliant front man. His vocals are great too.

I just like the fact White can make a single guitar sound so full of life.

Df02
i prefer Death From Above 1979 as far as 2man bands go stick out tongue

furryman
They shall be playing Glastonbury this year.
I shall be going to Glastonbury this year.
Chances are I might see them.

Deathblow
That shall be good.
I hope you shall have fun.

smoker4
White stripes are cool

Red Superfly
Originally posted by furryman
They shall be playing Glastonbury this year.
I shall be going to Glastonbury this year.
Chances are I might see them.

I saw them last year at Leeds. They were the most recent band I've seen live, in fact. I only go to festivals you see.

I'm going again to Leeds this year, as I'm not a fan of Glasto to be honest.

White Stripes were cool when I saw em. There was this one guy who was wasted and being a total dick and kept saying to in a typical drunken idiot way "this bands shite innit?" and I kept saying "no, you belong in Ibiza".

Alpha Centauri
The White Stripes are awesome.

Can't wait for new album.

-AC

Jeff_Atello
I havent heard the new song yet. I love them, though. Don't care much for Meg, however. As a drummer myself, I could do much better than her. But her "simplicity," along with Jack's amazing talent to make his guitar speak in so many different ways, makes for a great band.

Darth Travizzle
Who likes the White Stripes.
Who likes the White Stripes latest CD: Get Behind Me Satan.
It's a cool CD. But I also like Elephant. So, also, what's your favorite song by them? Well, PEACE!

SlipknoT
Nope, dont like them at all.

Darth Travizzle
K, well that's why I wrote this. To see who does and who doesn't. SO

Morning_Glory
ummm... so Jack and Meg use to be married or are they brother and sister confused I've heard different things

(I like the new sig Slipknot... better than the last one)

Darth Travizzle
My friend told me they were married, but then divorced, but I'm not completely sure.

fruits
well all i know is that they recently got married, i dont know if it was for a 2nd time or not, but i really like them. they're sooooo good for 2 people. and the drum parts are soooo easy its crazy. she must be a crappy drummer, but it all sound good

Darth Travizzle
So then vote that you like them...

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Morning_Glory

(I like the new sig Slipknot... better than the last one) Why?

Cinemaddiction
Search function is your best friend...

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Why?

didnt like the dead rotting babies crytissue

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
didnt like the dead rotting babies crytissue Butchered at Birth happy

Morning_Glory
crytissue what if that was your baby? would you still be --> happy

maybe you dont care

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You may have noticed they don't have a bassist.
Oh no s*** sherlock.

Korri
Why dont you read the previous post before you go around throwing childish insults at people.

Originally posted by Libertine

Darth Travizzle
w/e

StinkFist462
you suck. no expression

Korri
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
w/e

Grow up, seriously.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
Oh no s*** sherlock.

You seem to be implying that I am the great Detective Sherlock Holmes, which is clearly impossible since it's obviously you, what with that speedy reply.

bardock
they rule

Pezmerga
I like The white Stripes alot...
Some of My favorite songs are ...

I'm finding it harder to be a gentleman
The union forever
I Can't Wait
Seven Nation Army
Hypnotize
Dead leaves and the dirty ground
Black Math
Your Southern Can is mine
Truth Doesn't make a noise
and more...Definately Well Recieved by me amongst all this crap they are trying to pass off as music these days...

MysteryRidah
I heard about them from this band that i know, listen to a few tracks, good band. big grin

Elondra
I'm gonna see them live this November!!smile

PINBALL
I can not stand the white stripes

What the f...?
I really, really dislike the white stripes. IMO they have little musical talent, from the bands that I've heard. And my 10 year old Nephew seems to have more abilities on the drums than the drummer on the WS. And the most ridiculous thing is that Jack White finished 17 on The Rolling Stones top 100 guitarist of all time, over guitarist like David Gilmour, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Immo, Randy Rhoads, and Eddie Van Halen. Hell even John Petrucci of dream theater is 100 times better than Jack White. Shows how credible The Rolling Stones magazine is now a days as an unbiased media. The Rolling Stones are dumb, and The White Stripes suck.

Alpha Centauri
Jack White is one of the single most underrated/under-recognised guitarists in the world.

Him finishing above certain people you named, is a bit stupid. That's all it is though, some guy's opinion. It doesn't take away Jack White's credibility as a musician. He still goes out on stage and more or less puts on a whole concert by himself. Whilst doing it better than, I would say, a high 80-90% of bands today.

Also, don't expect to be taken seriously when you refer to members by what they do. Clearly don't know much about them.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by What the f...?
And the most ridiculous thing is that Jack White finished 17 on The Rolling Stones top 100 guitarist of all time, over guitarist like David Gilmour, Ritchie Blackmore, Tony Immo, Randy Rhoads, and Eddie Van Halen. Hell even John Petrucci of dream theater is 100 times better than Jack White.

Even John Petrucci? He's better than all the guitarists you named bar EVH.

What the f...?
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Even John Petrucci? He's better than all the guitarists you named bar EVH.

Well... I didnt mean to degrade Petrucci in anyway, i guess i should have phrased it different. Dream Theater is my favourite band of all time, and John Petrucci is my favourite guitarist of all time, and diffently the best guitarist of the 90s, he might be better than Iommi and Gilmour but even I (and I am a HUGE Dream Theater fan) would admit that he is not better than Ritchie Blackmore, Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen.

Alpha Centauri
He is though. EVH is the only one there better than Petrucci.

-AC

Red Superfly
Jack WHite is excellent. The fact he is essentially a one-man show who can make a guitar sing and also make pretty damn fine pop music, while sounding quite fresh and full of energy. You can see what John Peel saw in The White Stripes. The man rocks.

People say "White Stripes would be greater if he had a full band who knew what they were doing behind him" and that may be true, but I really like the fact that your eye is focussing on what Jack is doing. Watching him play almost alone, to a simplistic drum beat, and STILL managing to make such full music, makes it even more impressive.

office jesus
One word. Overrated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.