System Of A Down / Mars Volta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StinkFist462
anyone looking forward to this? i just picked up 2 General Admission tickets today for sep23 at the xcel cener

Morning_Glory
no

SlipknoT
Dunno if The Mars Volta is playing but SOAD is playing here August 23rd.

StinkFist462
ah, you going?

Lana
Hmmm....they come here Sept. 30th....no sale info yet, though.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by StinkFist462
ah, you going? Hopefully if I can get enough money for tickets.

ElectricBugaloo
I've heard TMV aren't all that good live...they just kinda noodle around for a while.

Myth
They aren't coming to Portland or anywhere else in Oregon mad

SlipknoT
Does anyone?

Myth
I've gotten to see most of the bands that I want to see here in Oregon. I've seen SOAD once before but that was when Toxicity was brand new.

MildPossession
Not bothered about SOAD, but jealous of Mars Volta! love the band.

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I've heard TMV aren't all that good live...they just kinda noodle around for a while.

Dude, it's not about perfection, it's about heart and soul.
that's what they're all about. Irritating people.
At the Drive In Forever!!!!

ElectricBugaloo
Portland is a musical hotspot, especially for indie rock

Myth
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Portland is a musical hotspot, especially for indie rock

Yeah, damn hippies.

Myth
I saw SOAD last night and the concert was kick ass. I feel I must own Hypnotize right now. They played 3 new songs: I Killed Rock'n Roll, Hypnotize, and an instrumental (I heard they made one but I don't think it will be on the album, but maybe the Hypnotize single). The song Hypnotize is so frickin great as is I Killed Rock'n Roll but I've heard that one before.

StinkFist462
Mars Volta, IMO, put one a much much better show than SOAD did. im not complaing though. it was excellent

Myth
Are you serious? I couldn't hear any of the vocals of Mars Volta. I thought they were pretty bad. The only thing good about them was the dancing of the singer but that got old fast. At least they weren't as bad as Hella. Hella mainly did instrumentals while each guy played as hard as they could but with no rhythm. The screeching of the music with drums being played simply as hard and as fast as possible could have been used by police for crowd control. The entire audience just sat their with no expressions on their face and with body language that showed nobody was getting into them. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a band as bad as them before in my life.

StinkFist462
oh god did hella suck. no sense of rhythm, no timing, just 5 guys (or was it 4?) just playing the hell out of there instruments for songs that had nothing. it was a huge waste of time

i liked Volta better because well. i like volta better haha. the dancing was interesting and the lights and backdrop were pretty trippy. they both put on an excellent show, but i liked Volta better.

hella is by far the worst band i have ever heard. ever.

el_barto
I want to see TMV so bad, their one of my favorites.

Wolf Dog
I've seen the MTV live videos of TMV and it seems good. His(Cedric's) clapping in dancing is very infectious, made me go into a very weird spiritual like movement and feeling. Love it. I don't know, you won't be able to get into their music if you don't "get it." I will see them live before i die, i have to.

Myth
Originally posted by StinkFist462

i liked Volta better because well. i like volta better haha.

I understand that. It just bugs me when I can't hear the vocals, other than that I could at least tell that their songs had rhythm.

Hella had 4 guys. I think they stirred up a new feeling in me. I have in the past from things like Marilyn Manson songs and Rob Zombie songs felt the urge to start breaking things and brawling simply because of how pumped I was. I think the noise Hella put out made me want to kill somebody to settle my nerves because their music was so hard to withstand that it made me angry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.