Spielberg's "Munich"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GCG

GCG
The movie has officially been titled MUNICH.

Cine, please change the thread title.

KillTheLight
Heard about this a while back..could be controversial..i think it will be interesting to see how Spielberg deals with this.. i guess we'll wait and see

GCG
funny thing about it is that while he was filming 'The hunt for the terrorists' , Scotland Yard was hunting terrorists as well.

The message Spielberg is trying to project is that ans eye for an eye is not the way to solve matters.

bilb
it seems intereresting to say the least.. and Bana is awesome

GCG
Trailer up and running at www.munichmovie.com (official website) and directly here

Nevermind
Spielberg has done a lot of great stuff. As a director he does have an awesome force. I will have no objections seeing this movie. The movie itself does looking very interesting to say the least.

Solo
I'm very interested on how this film will go.

GCG
From the trailer, I think that After Bana honors his contracted assasinations, he is presented with more and begins to feel even worse about it.

KillTheLight
yeah thats what i got from watching the trailer too..

dave_kodak
im going to see it, films like this i find to be very nice.

Eis
I've read about this movie... I cannot WAIT to see the movie!
And Eric Bana and Daniel Craig?! Awsome starring cast yes

Rapscallion
I heard that Ben Kingsley was also going to be in it, but they thaought that the production would be targeted by terrorists so they postponed it and created a scheduling conflict for Mr. Kingsley, so he had to leave the project.

GCG
Kingsley's absence had nothing to do with terrorists targeting the production.

He was commited elsewhere and that explained his absense. The film was meant to be shot in 2003, but the script did not please the production, so Spielberg called in Tony Kushner to re-write it. Its Kushner's first script for a feature film.

As the production was moved to 2004, Kingsley had to be estranged cause of another schedule.

Rapscallion
I had heard it was because of the possibility of attacks, but it's more then likely that I'm wrong. I had forgotten that the script had been re-written so that probably is the cause of the scheduling conflict.

Darth_Erebus
I saw this movie today. Fantastic.

Rapscallion
yeah. It was one of the most intense movies i've seen in along time. Very thought provoking.

DarthLazious
It was very good...I bet this movie might be the movie of the year.

FistOfThe North
I loved Munich, saw it twice. Because it was a S. Spielberg movie I knew it was gonna be good. And it was.

Besides being a great movie, the gunshot wounds and explosives were among the most realistic looking effects I've ever seen in any film.

I never ever flinch in a theatre but this film made me do it a couple of times. Spielberg rawks.

River Wild
I love all the movies of Spielberg, im excited and looking forward for this one!

Smasandian
It won't win anything this year.

I dont think it will even be nominated for anything asides maybe best director.

I loved the movie too, but I just have a feeling, it wont win anything.

DineshD
The movie was amazing... exceeded my expections by 100x . Most likely it will recieve no nominations just because of what its about. Hollywood is "controlled" by many high powered jews and before the movie even started production they tried to stop it.

Neat Facto:
Steven Spielberg is Jewish.

Smasandian
You didnt know that?

Okay.

GCG
Originally posted by Smasandian
It won't win anything this year.

I dont think it will even be nominated for anything asides maybe best director.

I loved the movie too, but I just have a feeling, it wont win anything.

You got the best director right.

Corran
Saw this last night and it was much better than I thought it would be, having not read too much about it beforehand I presumed it was mostly going to show the actual kidnapping and be quite intensely focused on that, so I though it would just be a tense, all action movie, the fact that it was quite a deep film focusing and analysis the psyche of the hunters and even showing the targets as normal everyday people and not just monsters was thought provoking, it makes you think more deeply about terrorism and it's effects ie the removal of leaders to be replaced with people worse than themselves - well worth watching, but get a large Pepsi so you don't run out before the end.

Deano
The thrust of the Spielberg movie is simple, fanfare notwithstanding: Israeli killers are conscientious and humane people, while Palestinians are always--no matter what--vicious killers.

Spielberg's movie is based on a "non-fiction" book by journalist George Jonas, Vengeance, which took the Israeli account at face value. But in the book the Israeli killers did not express regret or second-thoughts of any kind. None! In the book -- but not in the movie-- the killers, according to Jonas, had "absolutely no qualms about anything they did." Hmmm...How could Spielberg have missed that?

But why should this movie, a Spielberg movie, bother with facts, especially if they get in the way of a smooth pro-Israeli narrative? This movie is intended for mass audiences who know nothing about the facts of the conflict. That is exactly why it will work, and why it will deliver the propaganda goods.

http://erlenda.blogspot.com/2006/01/munich-spielbergs-lies-and-cover-ups.html

Smasandian
Originally posted by Deano
The thrust of the Spielberg movie is simple, fanfare notwithstanding: Israeli killers are conscientious and humane people, while Palestinians are always--no matter what--vicious killers.

Spielberg's movie is based on a "non-fiction" book by journalist George Jonas, Vengeance, which took the Israeli account at face value. But in the book the Israeli killers did not express regret or second-thoughts of any kind. None! In the book -- but not in the movie-- the killers, according to Jonas, had "absolutely no qualms about anything they did." Hmmm...How could Spielberg have missed that?

But why should this movie, a Spielberg movie, bother with facts, especially if they get in the way of a smooth pro-Israeli narrative? This movie is intended for mass audiences who know nothing about the facts of the conflict. That is exactly why it will work, and why it will deliver the propaganda goods.

http://erlenda.blogspot.com/2006/01/munich-spielbergs-lies-and-cover-ups.html

Learn how to make your own opinion.

My opinion, not some dude who claims he knows all the "terrorist" kids, and then mentions it on a blog. (like thats credible), shows no sides in the movie. I will always wstand by it.

Also, for heaven's sake use quotations when you reference something.

fini
Saw it Sunday and I am yet to see a movie made by Speilberg that wasn't good.

I think the man is incapable of making a 'bad' movie.

It was good, better than I had thought and as said earlier, I thought that it might have been about the actual massacre..........lol well until I saw the Poster, then I knew otherwise.

Hmmm I'm really begining to like Eric bana as an actor.

Eis
I want to see this sooo bad!!

Darth Martin
This is easily a top ten film of the decade.

mapol
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I loved Munich, saw it twice. Because it was a S. Spielberg movie I knew it was gonna be good. And it was.

Besides being a great movie, the gunshot wounds and explosives were among the most realistic looking effects I've ever seen in any film.

I never ever flinch in a theatre but this film made me do it a couple of times. Spielberg rawks.

I, too saw Spielberg's film, Munich, when it first came out, and it was a great film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.