Who is Darth Vader to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
Which actor do you associate most with Darth Vader?

Ken Kenobi
I'd say David Prowse, but without JEJ, there is no Vader.

Mist
Jones. any fool can dress in a suit, but its the voice that captures vader.

((The_Anomaly))
JEJ for sure, the voice IS Vader.

kremzike
JEJ by far, but Hayden is second for me now.

bilb
Yup, JEJ is Vader.. its kinda weird to hear the Dark Lord of the Sith doing promos for CNN blink

stick out tongue

kremzike
I think that's awesome. What was even better was when JEJ "called me" on behalf of Verizon. I saved that voicemail message until the system deleted it. "Darth Vader's on the phone!"

Ast Rofan
I didnt vote because I have to answers. JEJ gave the character a voice, but now Hayden has given him a face.

Red Superfly
Prowse and Vader tied.

Prowse had to do mannerisms, and those mannerisms are Darth Vader just as much as his voice is.

leowyatt
JEJ plain and simple

mysterio69
i always pictured my elementary school french-teacher under the mask though. i always cowered in fear of her. christ, w/ all her caked-on make-up, hayden and prowse looked the picture of health in comparison.
she was my darth vader. as for the poll, i'd say jones.

McCusto
JEJ and Hayden Christensen whistle

Darth_Duffy
Jake Lloyd big grin

pr1983
JEJ and Prowse, then shaw...

theshakl
Sebastina has 0 votes..after all that complaining about being replaced

b-dan
james eral jones all the way

Darth Zenemij
James earl Jones, no matter what.

dflood
it is a good thread coz i can never imagine certain actors in the suit

General Zodiac
The voice makes a character. Picture Sidious with a highpitched voice and then try to take him seriosly.

Paul-Muad'Dib
For me is definitively JEJ, because his voice was such a big part of his dark character. "I find your lack of faith disturbing" simply great.

DenKi
I honestly didnt know that James Earl Jones did Vaders Voice!!

Padawan
JEJ is the voice, there's no doubt in that. However, Hayden is the face and the person inside that suit even if we can't see him.

Yes I know Prowse was the one who portrayed him until Episode III but we never saw his face, right?

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Prowse and Vader tied.

Prowse had to do mannerisms, and those mannerisms are Darth Vader just as much as his voice is.

Not tied but almost. If JEJ ued the suit that would be perfect. He's an excellent actor. Prowse kicks arse though. But I can't recall him in any other movie. Oh DAMN OK IT'S A TIE hahahah

Huma
JEJ for me. whenever I hear his name I associate it with Darth Vader. and whenever i hear Darth vader I associate it with JEJ. But Prowse would come in second with Hayden not trailing that far behind.

Sith-Nerd
J E J tops all, vader would be wimpy and suck without James

Darth Kronos
JEJ cuz when he says: The ability to desroy a planet is insignificant, compared to the powers of the force...ans also..you don't know the powaaaa of the dark side Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

gentmax
JEJ for me too. I can't watch Lion King with thinking Darth Vader all the way through it.

Ani's Girl
Well, I love Hayden doing Vader, but one of my favorite moments the first time I saw ROTS was when Darth Vader first speaks after being in the suit. I heard JEJ voice and literally said "Yesssss!" out loud. I was soooo glad he came in to do that. It just wouldn't have been the same if Hayden or anybody else spoke "from the suit".

tlbauerle
This was a good poll. Best I've seen on KMC is a long while!

Darth Vegas
Easily James Earl Jones.

He always has been and always will be Darth Vader to me. Vader is nothing without that voice.

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I'd say David Prowse, but without JEJ, there is no Vader.

My thoughts exactly... Hayden is Anakin...pre-Vader... cool

Darth Rogu
hello evil face

Darth Rogu
vader wouldnt be vader without jej's voice

Captain REX
Prowse and Vader tied.

I cast my vote to James Earl Jones, but I agree with Red Superfly. Without the combination, there would be no Vader.

Sadako of Girth
JEJ. Even in 'Coming to America' when he speaks im like "Vader!!"

Captain REX
I did the same when watching 'Dr. Strangelove.' JEJ is the man on the plane who asks "What about Major Kong?"

chubbychipmunk
james earl jones 'cause he sounds like him. but i think in 3 it's hayden christensen 'cause he acutally gets the wear the suit

chubbychipmunk
does anyone know if the voice of darth vador in 3 is hayden christensen, or is it james earl jones??? confused

JLRTENJAC
any one can wear a stupid suit but, James Earl Jones, He is Darth Vader!

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by chubbychipmunk
does anyone know if the voice of darth vador in 3 is hayden christensen, or is it james earl jones??? confused

It's James...

OH, and Vader is spelled with an E not an O

SithHappens
JEJ, as far as I am concerned if Vader didn't have his voice he would be a puss.

StinkFist462
JEJ.

systemshock2
Prowse and Vader tied.

yes Very good statement Red Superfly. One usually thinks James Earl Jones automatically, but then when you really think about its the way Prowse had Vader move and interact with others that made such a lasting impression.

Aduruth
Hayden for me, becuase, yes the voice is cool, intreging, and cold, but is that wat makes a sith, a sith? no, the emotion, and pain is what makes a sith a sith. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.