60 years since the end of the war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav,
yes right now HM Queen Elizibeth II is leading the cerimonies in houner of the the war heros from Britain and her commonwealth.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav,
yes right now HM Queen Elizibeth II is leading the cerimonies in houner of the the war heros from Britain and her commonwealth.

I'll be sure to say a prair for her and all the good the Brits did in the 2nd WW shifty

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
is that sarcasm

Wickerman
is that sarcasm

shifty yes shifty

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
Originally posted by Wickerman
shifty yes shifty

~wickerman~

where are you from

Bardock42
Okie......

Wickerman
where are you from

irrelevant

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
irrelevant

~wickerman~

are you french *snigger*
or american *taps watch*
or are you from eastern europe *get a good econimy then we will talk*
or are you german *two times *

Fionnuala
I'll be sure to say a prair for her and all the good the Brits did in the 2nd WW shifty

~wickerman~ Seriously shut up...

§P0oONY

~wickerman~

We Brits are worth praying for..... Even though I don't pray....

And you show sarcasm like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
are you french *snigger*
or american *taps watch*

If you mean we two times rocked the world...then I agree......

And I don't see how exactly the first post relates to the topic....I thought we could talk aboot the war or the end...or the following events at least...but you jsut tell us that your Queen honoured someone....great...doesn't she do that all the time.....

Wickerman
are you french *snigger*
or american *taps watch*

laughing that was good

Originally posted by Fionnuala
Seriously shut up...

Yes fraulein!!!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bardock42

And I don't see how exactly the first post relates to the topic....I thought we could talk aboot the war or the end...or the following events at least...but you jsut tell us that your Queen honoured someone....great...doesn't she do that all the time.....

laughing out loud

You have a point there...

Fionnuala
The Queen is a parasite..no expression

Grand Moff Gav,
anti royalist scum

and i respect the germans got bet the first time but hey you went from being a tiny little pice of crap to the ruelers of europe,short lived though

Bardock42

hmm not necessarily she has huge amounts of land...so she kind of can live on her own...what she "works" might seem rather strange...but be hinest....you brits lovve your Queeny.......

Oh well and she is a parasite to the EU..but that is a differnt matter.

Wickerman

More like a PR toy IMO

~wickerman~

Bardock42
anti royalist scum

and i respect the germans got bet the first time but hey you went from being a tiny little pice of crap to the ruelers of europe,short lived though

I don't see the tiny little piece of crap but thatnks for your approval...

§P0oONY
hmm not necessarily she has huge amounts of land...so she kind of can live on her own...what she "works" might seem rather strange...but be hinest....you brits lovve your Queeny.......

Oh well and she is a parasite to the EU..but that is a differnt matter.

Yeah... like we British need the EU... (famous last words)

The queen is funny... I don't mind her...

I like it how she refuses to die, and you can see that Charles is just wishing for it to happen...

Fionnuala
anti royalist scum

and i respect the germans got bet the first time but hey you went from being a tiny little pice of crap to the ruelers of europe,short lived though You think the monarchy is a good thing then?

Wickerman

Grand Moff Gav,
I don't see the tiny little piece of crap but thatnks for your approval...

dont you see what the treaty of Versuilles (sp) did to your country we destroyed your econimy and your army well the french did but you guys got right back up and france couldnt even stop you we did though

Bardock42

Bardock42
dont you see what the treaty of Versuilles (sp) did to your country we destroyed your econimy and your army well the french did but you guys got right back up and france couldnt even stop you we did though
Oh ok...you were referring to the time after WWI yes...our country was pretty much screwed at that time.....

It's Versailles by the way

Grand Moff Gav,
Not you british.....the Queen...the Queens land and farms get subsidised by the EU.....yes I know...all very strange.....she owns a lot in Germany too.......rich woman...

I personally don't see how people can dislike her so much...I mean I don't really give a shit if her grandson runs around as an SS guy or how her son kills his wives....(did I just say that stick out tongue) ...but well you pay her to represent your country and she more or less does that job pretty good....

people forget the queen rules the country she could get rid of blair if she wants

§P0oONY

The Treaty of Versailles was deeply unfair on Germany... They were given the blame for the whole of WWI and it was as much Britain's fault. France went into Versailles with the one mission... to destroy Germany.. like they destroyed France in WWII...

It was because of the "Allies" that Germany failed... it was because of the "Allies" that Germany put Hitler into power.

Wickerman

And then gave them finances to build their army back.....and then the 2nd WW came laughing BRILLIANT!!!!!!! thumb up

~wickerman~

Fionnuala
people forget the queen rules the country she could get rid of blair if she wants laughing ..that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in a while..

§P0oONY
Not you british.....the Queen...the Queens land and farms get subsidised by the EU.....yes I know...all very strange.....she owns a lot in Germany too.......rich woman...

I personally don't see how people can dislike her so much...I mean I don't really give a shit if her grandson runs around as an SS guy or how her son kills his wives....(did I just say that stick out tongue) ...but well you pay her to represent your country and she more or less does that job pretty good....

laughing out loud

Her job = not much

Grand Moff Gav,
Oh ok...you were referring to the time after WWI yes...our country was pretty much screwed at that time.....

It's Versailles by the way

germany was still young during WWI but you didnt do to well in that war did you the schliffen plan failed russia mobalised far to fast and belgium fought back and austria couldnt beat serbia pah

Bardock42

Grand Moff Gav,
laughing ..that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've heard in a while..

you obviously dont know she still has the power to dissolve parliment

Bardock42
germany was still young during WWI but you didnt do to well in that war did you the schliffen plan failed russia mobalised far to fast and belgium fought back and austria couldnt beat serbia pah

Well It's kind of hard against so many people I think for every German Soldier 2 enemy soldiers were killed though...its a pretty good ratio if you fight such a war...and seriously our Allies weren't much of a help now were they......

Grand Moff Gav,
And then gave them finances to build their army back.....and then the 2nd WW came laughing BRILLIANT!!!!!!! thumb up

~wickerman~

look where are you from

Wickerman

Indeed...and as i said earlier, then you financed them to rebuild their army, make bigger stronger weapons and start WW2. Genius thumb up

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
you obviously dont know she still has the power to dissolve parliment

Not quite as simple as that... she can't get rid of democracy quite as easy as that..

And if she did...Do you really think the British public would stand for it

Wickerman
look where are you from

give me one good reason why that is one bit relevant to the discussion......we're all biased in here.

~wickerman~

Fionnuala
you obviously dont know she still has the power to dissolve parliment And?...think of British history..the monarchy had ultimate power and the country fell apart becuase of it....it's no better than a dictatorship..no one in the country would accept her rule....

§P0oONY

Since when was this about WWI?

Grand Moff Gav,
Well It's kind of hard against so many people I think for every German Soldier 2 enemy soldiers were killed though...its a pretty good ratio if you fight such a war...and seriously our Allies weren't much of a help now were they......
nope shame if youdidnt invade belgium you would have won because the UK wouldnt have joined in.
But the germans did have alot of major victories such as the somme where hitler got blinded

Fionnuala
give me one good reason why that is one bit relevant to the discussion......we're all biased in here.

~wickerman~ Especially those who live near Transylvania..wink

Bardock42

Grand Moff Gav,
And?...think of British history..the monarchy had ultimate power and the country fell apart becuase of it....it's no better than a dictatorship..no one in the country would accept her rule....

dictatorship can be better than democracy but then you dont know what democracy is and look at hitler he rebuilt his country (bit mad though)

§P0oONY
She does have the right to...that is true...she has a lot of rights but she can't use them...its kind of "silently agreed" on how she has to behave....

Oh well I am not sure...I think it is really hard always to stay calm and diplomatic..I wouldn't want her job.....her whole life is planed...she can't even take a shit if its not according to some strange court behaviour (well I don't know this but you get the point).....

I suppose...

Wickerman
Especially those who live near Transylvania..wink

bag alas....'tis true embarrasment love your new sig and avvy droolio

~wickerman~

Bardock42

Fionnuala
dictatorship can be better than democracy but then you dont know what democracy is and look at hitler he rebuilt his country (bit mad though) What??...how can you use Hitler as good example of dictatorship?...dictatorship has never been a good thing and never will be...you can't just take one persons view and say that is right for everyone..

Fionnuala
bag alas....'tis true embarrasment love your new sig and avvy droolio

~wickerman~ Thank you..I like it too happy ..it's Dani Moonstar from X-Men yes

§P0oONY
They both go together

I know...

I must have just missed the change.... meh...

Grand Moff Gav,
What??...how can you use Hitler as good example of dictatorship?...dictatorship has never been a good thing and never will be...you can't just take one persons view and say that is right for everyone..

oh and is democracy good for everyone.

They both go together

hmm this is possible, mistakes were made...but we would have needed way longer to beat france and we might have lost....if we had kept to the Schlieffen plan we migjht hav won.....but we stopped before we could reach Paris.....

yes i never understood why you stoped and went the other way but you where so close to paris at Ypres.

Wickerman
Thank you..I like it too happy ..it's Dani Moonstar from X-Men yes

Ooooh dream altering girl right? i remember her from the Evo series.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
What??...how can you use Hitler as good example of dictatorship?...dictatorship has never been a good thing and never will be...you can't just take one persons view and say that is right for everyone..

this is not true...dictatorship can be positive

Caesar, Augustus, Alexander, Napolen, Friedrich the great, Karl the Great, Queen Elizabeth I , Queen Victoria, Bismarck (granted he was not the real ruler but still).....

Wickerman
oh and is democracy good for everyone.

yes i never understood why you stoped and went the other way but you where so close to paris at Ypres.

I just love it when a wet-behind-the-ears brit or american talks about how good dictatorship is. You're all imbeciles to be honest. You didn't live through dictatorship to see what it's like. And trust me, it's hell. Grow up.

edit: just to be clear: by you're all imbeciles i mean people that think like GMG not all that posted in this thread

~wickerman~

DeRFmAn

And I don't see how exactly the first post relates to the topic....I thought we could talk aboot the war or the end...or the following events at least...but you jsut tell us that your Queen honoured someone....great...doesn't she do that all the time..... I hardly consider Charles Barkley great he is just a basket ball player

Bardock42
It'S sad...this thread is too good for the OTF sad

Bardock42
I just love it when a wet-behind-the-ears brit or american talks about how good dictatorship is. You're all imbeciles to be honest. You didn't live through dictatorship to see what it's like. And trust me, it's hell. Grow up.

edit: just to be clear: by you're all imbeciles i mean people that think like GMG not all that posted in this thread

~wickerman~

You can't generalize that though....a lot of dictatorship is bad..but not all....

Originally posted by DeRFmAn
I hardly consider Charles Barkley great he is just a basket ball player

The great was mor like "Oh heck what is so great aboot it" not "She honoures great and important people)

Wickerman
You can't generalize that though....a lot of dictatorship is bad..but not all....

The great was mor like "Oh heck what is so great aboot it" not "She honoures great and important people)

Give me one example of a "good" dictatorship. And i don't mean just in your opinion. I want the opinion of someone that actually lived in that dictatorship and thinks it was good.

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,

~wickerman~

Caesar, Augustus, Alexander, Napolen, Friedrich the great, Karl the Great, Queen Elizabeth I , Queen Victoria, Bismarck (granted he was not the real ruler but still).....

right contradictory and i only used hitler as an example because of the war and Brits have lived in a dictatorship or is Elizabeth I not english or Henry VIII or Richard the III or the romans such as Claudius and Nero dont they count.

§P0oONY

~wickerman~ x

Your right.. I have never lived through Dictatorship in my country... that does not mean I do not know that in some cases throughout history it has had positive capabilities...

§P0oONY
Give me one example of a "good" dictatorship. And i don't mean just in your opinion. I want the opinion of someone that actually lived in that dictatorship and thinks it was good.

~wickerman~ Originally posted by Bardock42

Bardock42
right contradictory and i only used hitler as an example because of the war and Brits have lived in a dictatorship or is Elizabeth I not english or Henry VIII or Richard the III or the romans such as Claudius and Nero dont they count.
Nero doesn't really...he suxxored balls----

~wickerman~
I gave some....and people believed it good to be back then...actually in the Weimar Republic most people wanted the Dictatorship back.....oh I forgot Louis XIV ...he was halfway decent....

Wickerman

it WOULD be contradictory if we were the same person smart@ss. And Claudius from what i've read wasn't that much loved by his folks, as for Nero...does the burning of Rome ring a bell????

As for many that were listed in Bardock's quote, i wouldn't consider a few of them to have been dictators, but monarchs.

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,

~wickerman~

I love it when a little Romanian "My country has sufferd from dictators so i am the exclusive authority on the whole subject" **** gets up and talks how the Brits did nothing in the war clearly had his eyes closed in history if you have a school that is.

Grand Moff Gav,
it WOULD be contradictory if we were the same person smart@ss. And Claudius from what i've read wasn't that much loved by his folks, as for Nero...does the burning of Rome ring a bell????

As for many that were listed in Bardock's quote, i wouldn't consider a few of them to have been dictators, but monarchs.

~wickerman~

well if he's some evil dictator then he isnt ment to be loved by his people and the is no proof that Nero had rome burned and he certainly didnt fiddle while it happend trust me i did a report on it for classics

DeRFmAn

~wickerman~ thanks for stating that last part.

I think Germany would've done a lot better had they not gone after the ruskies. Had Japan not attacked us (as in the US) I think it would've been a lot different as well. Had neither of those 2 things happened and I think they could've taken Europe.

Wickerman
I love it when a little Romanian "My country has sufferd from dictators so i am the exclusive authority on the whole subject" **** gets up and talks how the Brits did nothing in the war clearly had his eyes closed in history if you have a school that is.

laughing i'm not b1tching bout what they didn't do, i'm b1tching about what they DID do. And i'm not an exclusive authority on the whole subject, but i'm a whole lot more knowledgeable on the subject than you are, since you haven't lived through it. And yes, we do have schools. Worst kid in my highschool class, that had the crappiest marks got a scolarship to Oxford...what does that say about your educational system?

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
well if he's some evil dictator then he isnt ment to be loved by his people and the is no proof that Nero had rome burned and he certainly didnt fiddle while it happend trust me i did a report on it for classics

laughing out loud

I did a report on it in Ancient History....

I have to say I agree

Bardock42
Hmm well I am talking classic meaning of Dictator as it was meant in Old Athens...if you see it as the definition from today a Dictatorship has to be negative by definition...I was more talking Ansolute Rulers....

§P0oONY
laughing i'm not b1tching bout what they didn't do, i'm b1tching about what they DID do. And i'm not an exclusive authority on the whole subject, but i'm a whole lot more knowledgeable on the subject than you are, since you haven't lived through it. And yes, we do have schools. Worst kid in my highschool class, that had the crappiest marks got a scolarship to Oxford...what does that say about your educational system?

~wickerman~

Why did the kid go to Oxford rather then higher education in your country..

What does that say about your country's education...

Living through something will probably give you more of a biased look on it.

Fionnuala
I love it when a little Romanian "My country has sufferd from dictators so i am the exclusive authority on the whole subject" **** gets up and talks how the Brits did nothing in the war clearly had his eyes closed in history if you have a school that is. You are unbelieveable..you don't think someone who has lived through a dictatorship might have a slightly better idea of whether it's a good thing or not than you...and that comment about the school was low...

Wickerman

Bardock42
thanks for stating that last part.

I think Germany would've done a lot better had they not gone after the ruskies. Had Japan not attacked us (as in the US) I think it would've been a lot different as well. Had neither of those 2 things happened and I think they could've taken Europe.

Possible but I am hppy it didn't...in the first WW I'd cheer for Germany..the second just...no...bad time....sad

Grand Moff Gav,

Wickerman

DeRFmAn

~wickerman~ Book smarts aren't everything buddy. I know a lot of people who were good in school and once they got out on their own they fell flat on their faces. Sorry thats off the topic.

§P0oONY
I wrote a 200 page report on the 2nd WW, and read many many books. So i think i know as well.

~wickerman~

Nero.... WWII

Big date difference... around a good couple of 1000s of years

Bardock42
God, people...keep it professional....no need for insults and harsh words...especially no country bashing...that's just low....except its aboot france wink (my french friends forgve me for this one...I feel your pain sad)

Grand Moff Gav,
You are unbelieveable..you don't think someone who has lived through a dictatorship might have a slightly better idea of whether it's a good thing or not than you...and that comment about the school was low...
your right that was low

OK Guys can we try and keep this civil Bardock is the only person who has managed it so far lol

§P0oONY
He chose to go to Oxford because he knew College over here would be too difficult for him, and he'd have enough money to pay the fees at Oxford. Last time he mailed me, he had great marks over there...

~wickerman~

Oxford is one of the best... If not THE best... university in the world

§P0oONY
God, people...keep it professional....no need for insults and harsh words...especially no country bashing...that's just low....except its aboot france wink (my french friends forgve me for this one...I feel your pain sad)

Sorry sadwalk

Wickerman
You are unbelieveable..you don't think someone who has lived through a dictatorship might have a slightly better idea of whether it's a good thing or not than you...and that comment about the school was low...

Don't worry bout it hotstuff, just let him think he's right. After all, my spelling is twice as good as his....that speaks volumes wink

you will find scotland has a different educational system to england and Oxford is required to take in less fortunate,and please dont compare your country to mine we are the better in the eyes of the world.

Ancient History and classics are the same thing

I'm sure when your ugly-as-a-dog women (no offense fi baby wink ,. you're an exception) scoff at you and make fun of you, it makes you feel all warm inside knowing that you're a brit thumb up

~wickerman~

Bardock42

Grand Moff Gav,

Wickerman

Grand Moff Gav,
Don't worry bout it hotstuff, just let him think he's right. After all, my spelling is twice as good as his....that speaks volumes wink

I'm sure when your ugly-as-a-dog women (no offense fi baby wink ,. you're an exception) scoff at you and make fun of you, it makes you feel all warm inside knowing that you're a brit thumb up

~wickerman~
damn right i have terrible spelling i type to fast

DeRFmAn
Possible but I am hppy it didn't...in the first WW I'd cheer for Germany..the second just...no...bad time....sad I'm in no way saying I would've like Germany to win I'm just saying that they might have had a chance at Europe. Hell the Americans didn't want anything to do with what was going on. They just wanted to sell supplies to who they thought were on the right side and make a little profit. Funny because most americans feel the same now, govt. not included. They think its our job to police the world. All we did to Iraq is what happened to us on 9/11......which is stir up the hornets nest.

Bardock42
I belive that the Us has better ones but Oxbridge is more renownd

but the war

Yes the war...I am reading a book were people talk aboot the Germany after the war and how it is still a really weird topic in germany....we can't have objective debates aboot it because of guilt and sometimes even "political corectness" ....

Grand Moff Gav,
The Wars Please

Wickerman
I'm in no way saying I would've like Germany to win I'm just saying that they might have had a chance at Europe. Hell the Americans didn't want anything to do with what was going on. They just wanted to sell supplies to who they thought were on the right side and make a little profit. Funny because most americans feel the same now, govt. not included. They think its our job to police the world. All we did to Iraq is what happened to us on 9/11......which is stir up the hornets nest.

If you're talking about the 2nd WW, you're wrong. Read some books on what FDR did and how he was seen as the saviour of the country's economically decaying state, by pushing funds and people into the war industry. they were VERY interested in the war.

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
Yes the war...I am reading a book were people talk aboot the Germany after the war and how it is still a really weird topic in germany....we can't have objective debates aboot it because of guilt and sometimes even "political corectness" ....

Yeah it is the same in Japan... The Japanese have basically denied their part in history... more so then the Germans. (Who have accepted their part)

Grand Moff Gav,

It is bizarre such along time has passed really yet the war can be a real touchy subject for some specially Germany did you know a man got arrested for teaching his dog to do the "Hitler" salute

DeRFmAn
I've always wondered what Germans think about their past. I'm German yet I like my past, not the fact that they have killed so many but they have also done a great many things. When I say I'm German I was born their due to my father being military and I also have the ancestry

Bardock42

DeRFmAn
If you're talking about the 2nd WW, you're wrong. Read some books on what FDR did and how he was seen as the saviour of the country's economically decaying state, by pushing funds and people into the war industry. they were VERY interested in the war.

~wickerman~ yes from a monetary P.O.V. but we didn't want to be militarily involved.

Red Superfly
I was reading an article about the not so great side of the war ending, particularly for all the soldiers.

You see, the war brought men together, they became like brotehrs. Their lives had meaning, and they believed what they were fighting for. For many, it was the ultimate cause. It was, an exciting time.

Now, sure people bang on about "how can they think that? When the war ended it was great!" but not for everyone. You see, many men came back to jobs they hated, that they didn't believe in, to wives that had betrayed them during their absence, and some came back to nothing at all. I was reading about the staggering amount of depression that occured within many an ex-soldier. For some, the war was their life, and you can kinda tell in the way WWII experiences are often looked upon with fondness. It was an roller coaster ride, full of severe depression and extreme joy.

WWII brought death and hate, yes, but it brought meaning and hope to those who have none. And for some, the war ending was the worst day of their life.

It was a really interesting article.

Bardock42
I've always wondered what Germans think about their past. I'm German yet I like my past, not the fact that they have killed so many but they have also done a great many things. When I say I'm German I was born their due to my father being military and I also have the ancestry

well I personally am rather patriotic..I think wee have a great history...its just a touchy subject, patriotism in Germany could easily be linked to the Third Reich.....

It is bizarre such along time has passed really yet the war can be a real touchy subject for some specially Germany did you know a man got arrested for teaching his dog to do the "Hitler" salute

Hmm I didn't know that.....that's just silly though......

§P0oONY
I think that's differnt, Germany is scared with that every historical debate is linked to that....you could say we are almost to aware of it...I don't really know aboot Japan but I know that in eastern Germany it wasn't dealt with at all...thats mostly why we still have some problem with Neo-Nazis.....

Yeah... I can't say I know much about either. All I know is the subject is very sketchy in both... Bloody Neo-Nazis *shakes fist*

Wickerman
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I was reading an article about the not so great side of the war ending, particularly for all the soldiers.

You see, the war brought men together, they became like brotehrs. Their lives had meaning, and they believed what they were fighting for. For many, it was the ultimate cause. It was, an exciting time.

Now, sure people bang on about "how can they think that? When the war ended it was great!" but not for everyone. You see, many men came back to jobs they hated, that they didn't believe in, to wives that had betrayed them during their absence, and some came back to nothing at all. I was reading about the staggering amount of depression that occured within many an ex-soldier. For some, the war was their life, and you can kinda tell in the way WWII experiences are often looked upon with fondness. It was an roller coaster ride, full of severe depression and extreme joy.

WWII brought death and hate, yes, but it brought meaning and hope to those who have none. And for some, the war ending was the worst day of their life.

I saw a movie very similar to what you're saying with about 10 former WW2 soldiers that come home after the war to crappy jobs, hating their lives and actually having fond memories of the war. In the end they have to take the local mayor's office by assault so that the ellections aren't forged

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
well I personally am rather patriotic..I think wee have a great history...its just a touchy subject, patriotism in Germany could easily be linked to the Third Reich.....

Germany's have a very interesting history... They made a few mistakes... but so have many other... we can't hold it against them. For a relatively new formed county... (In comparison) it has done a lot.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Sounds interesting and I can understand how they feel....I think you are talking aboot US soldiers (and other Allies) right?
Didn't a similiar thing happen in Vietnam that for many their life had lost the meaning. And I think for Veterans on the Ally side WWII is ion that way great as it is widely regarded as a "good" vs. "bad" war...which yopu can't really say of most other wars...

Grand Moff Gav,
Neo-Nazis are just silly they think that they have the same values as Hitler but they dont his where to hhis country he did evil things yes but he did them for his country that is a man to be proud of.

Saying that i am not supporting what i did simply saying what he did was for his country,and a bit of revenge.

However Neo-Nazis are just thugs (BNP,NF,TNP,NS etc) and none of them are National Socialists.Just people who want to be assossiated with the war camps.

Wickerman
Sounds interesting and I can understand how they feel....I think you are talking aboot US soldiers (and other Allies) right?
Didn't a similiar thing happen in Vietnam that for many their life had lost the meaning. And I think for Veterans on the Ally side WWII is ion that way great as it is widely regarded as a "good" vs. "bad" war...which yopu can't really say of most other wars...

"good" vs. "bad" is crap. That's how it's portrayed. it was simply political interest vs. political interest.

~wickerman~

Bardock42

Wickerman
Neo-Nazis are just silly they think that they have the same values as Hitler but they dont his where to hhis country he did evil things yes but he did them for his country that is a man to be proud of.

Saying that i am not supporting what i did simply saying what he did was for his country,and a bit of revenge.

However Neo-Nazis are just thugs (BNP,NF,TNP,NS etc) and none of them are National Socialists.Just people who want to be assossiated with the war camps.

He had good timing, but he was pretty much an arrogant imbecile. Look at what happened to Rommell in Africa, or what happened in Russia. he was just a pathetic little man who had a f-d up life (read Mein Kampf ) and decided to take it out against the world, found the right political backup that got him where he had to get, then screwed it all up.

~wickerman~

DeRFmAn

Hmm I didn't know that.....that's just silly though...... Yeah it can be but, I also don't respect a person who would talk trash about their own country, except for certain nations/situations. I very patriotic towards America and Germany. I consider both my home though I've not lived in Germany for a great while. As for the 3rd Reich thing you can't hold that against todays germans. They know their history and I believe that any real patriot would not let Germany return to its way of the past.

§P0oONY
Its not that others would hold it against us...but we urselves do....Patriotism like in the US is unthinkable in germany...although I agree we can be relatively proud of what was accomplishe in the last 60 years...not only Germany but whole Europe....and the US...

Just don't be starting any more wars... stick out tongue jk

Grand Moff Gav,
Britain has alot to be proud of in the form of the Empire BUT others feel the Empire (ruled the world for 300 years) did was terrible such as the massacre in India or the Boer war.

Germany has alot to be proud of also but just as with Britain people will view some of its (if not most) "achievements" as downright evil

Bardock42
"good" vs. "bad" is crap. That's how it's portrayed. it was simply political interest vs. political interest.

~wickerman~

I agree as an absolute concept it is Bullshit...but if you ask 100 people nowadays which was the "good" and which the "bad" side 99 weill probaly answer Nazi Germany was the bad...I don't think there are many other wars you will get the same answer...

He had good timing, but he was pretty much an arrogant imbecile. Look at what happened to Rommell in Africa, or what happened in Russia. he was just a pathetic little man who had a f-d up life (read Mein Kampf ) and decided to take it out against the world, found the right political backup that got him where he had to get, then screwed it all up.

~wickerman~

agree but he got a whole country going....he gave meaning to a poor country for some time...although he as a person was crazy...his politics (although some came from the prior chancellors) was what germany needed...up until the War (excluding anti Communst and Jews movements)

Yes you are right, but the problem still is that in the DDR it was never talked aboot WWII except to tell aboot the greatness of the USSR.....

Grand Moff Gav,

~wickerman~

yes poor Hitler crazed by his patriotism but he was a presence to say he was a pathetic little man is just ignorant he inspired the public to follow him but as far as military affairs go the little corporal was rubbish "Russia !!!!!!!!!!!! why invade why !!"

Bardock42

Fionnuala
Okay....I may be totally missing the point of this last page but are you saying Hitler was someone to be admired?

Wickerman
I agree as an absolute concept it is Bullshit...but if you ask 100 people nowadays which was the "good" and which the "bad" side 99 weill probaly answer Nazi Germany was the bad...I don't think there are many other wars you will get the same answer...

that's because most of those 100 people don't know enough history/politics and they've been fed bullshit all their lives.

agree but he got a whole country going....he gave meaning to a poor country for some time...although he as a person was crazy...his politics (although some came from the prior chancellors) was what germany needed...up until the War (excluding anti Communst and Jews movements)

Wasn't too hard blaming the current (then) state of poverty on the Jews and promising retribution. I also remember reading a book written by a german....forgot the name now....that lived then, and was a soldier. He told in that book how both him, the other soldiers he was friends with and the people back home lost interest in the war after the first two years and weren't really supporting Hitler's views anymore....they just wanted everything to stop.

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
that's because most of those 100 people don't know enough history/politics and they've been fed bullshit all their lives.

Wasn't too hard blaming the current (then) state of poverty on the Jews and promising retribution. I also remember reading a book written by a german....forgot the name now....that lived then, and was a soldier. He told in that book how both him, the other soldiers he was friends with and the people back home lost interest in the war after the first two years and weren't really supporting Hitler's views anymore....they just wanted everything to stop.

~wickerman~

most people wanted the war to stop even hits gens

Grand Moff Gav,
they did try to blow him up

DeRFmAn
Okay....I may be totally missing the point of this last page but are you saying Hitler was someone to be admired? no we are saying that he was a good leader he just lead in the wrong direction.

Wickerman
yes poor Hitler crazed by his patriotism but he was a presence to say he was a pathetic little man is just ignorant he inspired the public to follow him but as far as military affairs go the little corporal was rubbish "Russia !!!!!!!!!!!! why invade why !!"

No, it's not ignorant, it's reality. He was exactly what the Queen is nowadays. A Public Relations puppet. Something for the non-intellectuals to look up to and admire. And the only reason he was loved at the beginning was the correct timing chosen for his uprising. If you check, you'll see that soon afterwards people just followed out of fear, not conviction ( The SS led by Himmler not included)

As for invading Russia during winter......he.was.a.moron.

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
Okay....I may be totally missing the point of this last page but are you saying Hitler was someone to be admired?

Hitler was a great leader, and a wonderful public speaker... If he didn't have evil views of an Aryan race. Then yes I would say he would have been a man to admire... but since he didn't I believe he should not

DeRFmAn

~wickerman~ too true

the whole "blitzkrieg" thing doesn't really work when your up to your ass in snow and freezing rain.

Fionnuala

Wickerman

Poor Eva tried and tried and tried, but good ol Al didn't want no booty no . And THAT my friends is a fact.....let's admire his sexual constraint thumb down (yes, i'm being silly)

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
No, it's not ignorant, it's reality. He was exactly what the Queen is nowadays. A Public Relations puppet. Something for the non-intellectuals to look up to and admire. And the only reason he was loved at the beginning was the correct timing chosen for his uprising. If you check, you'll see that soon afterwards people just followed out of fear, not conviction ( The SS led by Himmler not included)

~wickerman~

look the only reason you dont like the queen is the same reason alot of Brits do,envy,anyway how can you say Hitler wasnt a political mastermind he inspired people in a way no leader has done since as said by Gobbles "He is gigantic like a lion ready to leap.." but once again he was no military master mind or even good stratigist

Grand Moff Gav,
Okay...I was just thinking that someone who orders the genocide of thousands of people is not someone to be admired erm

we are excluding that and saying how the germans felt not us.

Poor Eva tried and tried and tried, but good ol Al didn't want no booty no . And THAT my friends is a fact.....let's admire his sexual constraint thumb down (yes, i'm being silly)

~wickerman~
alot of women found him very attractive

§P0oONY
Anyway I'm going to go watch some Cricket... (God I sound so typically English.... ah well).....

Nice having this conversation with you guys... It was interesting

Grand Moff Gav,
see ya later

Wickerman
look the only reason you dont like the queen is the same reason alot of Brits do,envy,anyway how can you say Hitler wasnt a political mastermind he inspired people in a way no leader has done since as said by Gobbles "He is gigantic like a lion ready to leap.." but once again he was no military master mind or even good stratigist

1. Try using punctuation
2. i don't like the queen because i have an innate hatred of monarchy and dictatorship (absolute power). You'd feel the same way if you had to cover your windows with blankets so the soldiers outside on the street that are shooting people wouldn't notice the light is switched on inside your appartment.
3. He wasn't a genius. He just did things at the right time.

~wickerman~

Wickerman

alot of women found him very attractive

What the f**k? that's not what the documentaries say What the f**k?

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
1. Try using punctuation
2. i don't like the queen because i have an innate hatred of monarchy and dictatorship (absolute power). You'd feel the same way if you had to cover your windows with blankets so the soldiers outside on the street that are shooting people wouldn't notice the light is switched on inside your appartment.

~wickerman~

The monarchy hasn;t got the direct power at the moment the government does...

Grand Moff Gav,
1. Try using punctuation

~wickerman~

1.I don't need punctuation because this is the Internet!!
2. If you hate her because your country has a shitty leader then you are just a generalising idiot whose opinions are now useless.
3.You are only saying that because your country has a dictator.

Wickerman

Wickerman
1.I don't need punctuation because this is the Internet!!
2. If you hate her because your country has a shitty leader then you are just a generalising idiot whose opinions are now useless.
3.You are only saying that because your country has a dictator.

1. It helps those that are reading anyway
2. i don't hate her in particular, i hate all forms of absolute power. As for the leader my country has, i currently have a good opinion about him.
3. My country doesn't have a dictator....try reading some history books [email protected]'re embarassing your country

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
I didn't say monarchy is dictatorship. I meant that i hate dictatorship, monarchy or any other kind of absolute power. perhaps the wording on my part wasn't the best.

~wickerman~

So you ae in no state to talk or comment about any monarchy because you will hate them even if they are the best thing to happen to a country since Britains divine Intervention (j/k)

Wickerman
So you ae in no state to talk or comment about any monarchy because you will hate them even if they are the best thing to happen to a country since Britains divine Intervention (j/k)

If a form of absolute power in a specific case is BLATANTLY positive and has a BLATANTLY positive effect on its nation, i won't hate it. However, it happens very rarely. And remember that skepticism is a form of precaution that would've saved the world a crapload of times.

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav,
1. It helps those that are reading anyway
2. i don't hate her in particular, i hate all forms of absolute power. As for the leader my country has, i currently have a good opinion about him.
3. My country doesn't have a dictator....try reading some history books [email protected]'re embarassing your country

~wickerman~

1.if you are a seasoned reader you dont need punctuation.
2.Good to hear you have a good opinion about someone,and i may be an embarrassment to my country but Romania is an embarrassment to the human civilisation.
3.Why would i read a history book (of which i have many) if your leader is a topic best suited to current affairs,or have you had him for some time.

§P0oONY
And... we don't learn about your countries history.....

Grand Moff Gav,
If a form of absolute power in a specific case is BLATANTLY positive and has a BLATANTLY positive effect on its nation, i won't hate it. However, it happens very rarely. And remember that skepticism is a form of precaution that would've saved the world a crapload of times.

~wickerman~
hey there is nothing wrong with my part of the world really but maybe there is in yours,however do enlighten me what is happening in Romania that involves people shooting each other

Grand Moff Gav,

Wickerman
1.if you are a seasoned reader you dont need punctuation.
2.Good to hear you have a good opinion about someone,and i may be an embarrassment to my country but Romania is an embarrassment to the human civilisation.
3.Why would i read a history book (of which i have many) if your leader is a topic best suited to current affairs,or have you had him for some time.

1. If you're a seasoned writer you'll use punctuation anyway
2. Wow....great way to show off your intellect. Backing off from a topic you have no idea about by using common insults....I don;t even have to try to make you look like an imbecile. You're doing a great job at that yourself.
3. Gee...i don't know....a little thing called knowledge? Or maybe you should do that so that you don't look like an idiot trying to debate a subject you have no clue about over the Internet.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
hey there is nothing wrong with my part of the world really but maybe there is in yours,however do enlighten me what is happening in Romania that involves people shooting each other

Not now jackass, try reading about a little thing called Communism and the Revolution.

why would we its a rubbish place but saying that i have a history book on Transylvania

Mostly because a large portion of your teachers are ignorant morons. Having said that, i'm sure you have wetdreams about the Queen, imagining you're a dictator, finally getting some attention and respect (this is most likely a consequence of the constant rejections you get in real life from women, other men and most likely your family as well ). So keep dreaming about that and have fun being a rebel teenager thumb up

~wickerman~

§P0oONY
OK... you two knock it off... It started as a conversation turned into a debate and now you guys are just bashing each other... stop it before you get yourselves banned

Grand Moff Gav,
1. If you're a seasoned writer you'll use punctuation anyway
2. Wow....great way to show off your intellect. Backing off from a topic you have no idea about by using common insults....I don;t even have to try to make you look like an imbecile. You're doing a great job at that yourself.
3. Gee...i don't know....a little thing called knowledge? Or maybe you should do that so that you don't look like an idiot trying to debate a subject you have no clue about over the Internet.

~wickerman~
If we are talking about Romania then yes i dont have a clue and i have asked you to share this information.

But if you want to talk about the Queen and dictatorship then we can oh and a little advise dont judge people over the Internet.

I am not in for a slagging match with someone i dont know who lives in an impoverished country that is beyond the general publics knowledge due to its insignificance

Fionnuala
I am not in for a slagging match with someone i dont know who lives in an impoverished country that is beyond the general publics knowledge due to its insignificance That is just disgusting and pathetic..and you claim to be the more educated one?...did no one ever teach you basic morals?

Wickerman

Bardock42
Ok ok ok....stop the hate people...lets get back to the nice conversation we had going before

Grand Moff Gav,
Not now jackass, try reading about a little thing called Communism and the Revolution.

Mostly because a large portion of your teachers are ignorant morons. Having said that, i'm sure you have wetdreams about the Queen, imagining you're a dictator, finally getting some attention and respect (this is most likely a consequence of the constant rejections you get in real life from women, other men and most likely your family as well ). So keep dreaming about that and have fun being a rebel teenager thumb up

~wickerman~

oh i see well if you feel im a rebel teenager then gather some information about me then conclude that i clearly am not,as for respect i have enough of that and i assure you my teachers probably know a fare amount about Romania and yes i know enough about Communism and you must remember that your poxy revolution wouldn't have taken place if the USSR hadn't said they wouldn't support the eastern European leaders.

1. Try using punctuation

~wickerman~

please use the past tense and i will start to use punctuation.

DeRFmAn
indeed wars have been started over such things. laughing out loud

§P0oONY
Ok ok ok....stop the hate people...lets get back to the nice conversation we had going before

I think it is too late to salcage this thead... Shame really

§P0oONY

DeRFmAn
lets go guys I'd rather this thread didn't get shut down for becoming a pissing contest.

Grand Moff Gav,
That is just disgusting and pathetic..and you claim to be the more educated one?...did no one ever teach you basic morals?
i made no such claim and have no doubt that Wicker is more intellegent.

I'm not worried about being banned, but thanks for the concern

And i told you to go read some books in return if you want to know. And we can talk about anything you want to talk about. As for a slagging match, i think it's pretty obvious by the immature arguments you use that you'd lose, so yeah, i'm not surprised you don't want one.

Also:

dont judge people over the Internet.

+

someone i dont know who lives in an impoverished country that is beyond the general publics knowledge due to its insignificance

=

Class A hypocrite...congrats thumb up

~wickerman~

do you live in romania or not and if you do then i wasnt judging i was telling the truth

OK fine but i will be truly immature for the moment,he started it

DeRFmAn
just a side note: German engineers are among the best in the world. IMO anyway.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>