Cheapest Boss.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
Arrrragh!!! We all hate them, join my therapy session, and list those that you hate here.....................

shadow12
boost ball gaurdian and adult Chyka MP2

CorderaMitchell
Shin Akuma: he'd combo your ass into oblivion, on Capcom vs. SNK2, and SFA3, he'd kill you in as little as a three hit combo, and has 2 instant death moves, pretty nasty for a fighting game.

Gill: VERY cheesy, can resurrect at full health, AFTER being ko'ed. Has ridiculous range, speed, adn priority in his attacks, and a death move, that if blocked, takes out 1/3 of your life bar.

TPS2, hard mode: All of it!! I only play games on hard mode, but this was dirty. You'd get hit for 1/2 bar, in levels with no health, and only 1 checkpoint. Cheezy crap, though I did beat atom smasher, and robot factory, the cheapest of the 2 levels.

dvampire
Shin Akuma- He way faster than the other characters, takes out way more damage, and most of his moves cancel threw almost anything.

Gill is another like Cordera said, he has that resurrection move that annoys the heck out of me.

Igniz- He's from King of Fighters 2001 I think. Very cheap boss, hes got one super move that very long and takes out alot of energy.

thumb up

Red Superfly
The big blob thing in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

What was it supposed to be?

CorderaMitchell
Who "Apocolypse" I can't remember.

Red Superfly
I can't remmeber what it was, it was just a big blob that went all over the place.

dvampire
You mean Abyss from MVC2.

CorderaMitchell
riiiiiiiiiiiiight, damn I haven't played that in a loooooong time.

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
riiiiiiiiiiiiight, damn I haven't played that in a loooooong time.

How long are we talking about (days, months, years)? no expression

Hulk Power
I hate Serenade from Megaman Battle Network 3, damn wuss....has to reflect everything back at you. I also hate the Emperor Ing in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. That stupid thing doesn't seem to die no matter how much you attack it.

Arahan
Cyborg Akuma from Marvel S Heroes vs SF
Shin Akuma and ehm Dark? Rugal from CvsS 2

Hmm Gill is easy...my opinion.

Not really a boss but the last stage (technodrome) of TMNT 1 NES
was pretty tough. Stage 1 till 4 were easy. And Big Mouser...the easiest boss to defeat i ever saw in a videogame.

pr1983
jinpachi mishima... wtf...

CorderaMitchell
Not that Gill was hard, he's just cheezy, now shin akuma and ultimate rugal I can beat easily and effectively, they are still cheap though.

shadow12
apocolipse shin akuma, cyborg akuma from marvel V.s street fighter

long pig
The last boss on Devil may cry 1.

Jesus, I never beat him.

I hate bosses in general....do they really even need them? It's just a cheap segway to the next level.

shadow12
yeah it to test your skills in the game which is most likely why they make the final bosses so cheap like the metroid prime last form

CorderaMitchell
Would you have it any other way? If it were normal, it woud just be a disappointment, why not brag about beating shin akuma on level 8 difficulty for the first time?

shadow12
i don't like fight shinakuma on any game i always get my ass kicked and i ruined my friends controller cause of it once

CorderaMitchell
lol, he shows no mercy and only fights the worthy.

shadow12
eh i still like ryu better even though he would lose

CorderaMitchell
No I meant that akuma shows no mercy, its a quote from an old game.

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin (Face) From FF
Ceberus from KH took some time with all his bitting

SaTsuJiN
Goenitz from KoF 96.. you couldnt even get near him cuz he had all that wind stuff.. then when you did manage to get close he whaled you with that grabbing super

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Most of the KOF bosses are incredibly cheap (Omega Rugal, Krysalid, Orochi, etc)!
Gill's resurrection move is a bit of a slap in the face of fair play.

CorderaMitchell
Fighting games are always the cheapest, because they actually cheat.

Shooters it isn't really possible to cheat in, either you're shot or not.

Racing is just damned mechanical at some times, and the cars drive perfect.

But any other game fighting wise is just plain bullshit.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Fighting games are always the cheapest, because they actually cheat.

Shooters it isn't really possible to cheat in, either you're shot or not.

Racing is just damned mechanical at some times, and the cars drive perfect.

But any other game fighting wise is just plain bullshit.

Shooting games are cheap. The higher the AI is, the more it perfectly lines up your head with a bullet. Projectile (dodgeable) bullets like rockets make it less cheap, but things where you deal with sniper rifles and target-based instant-hit bullets means that the comp can be VERY cheap. They just use a code to find your head in a visible area, and shoot. Kills you everytime.

CorderaMitchell
Thats what I meant, cheap but not cheating.

Look at timesplittters 2, they were telepathic shots.

The reason for this is omnicient vision. Its where the comp shoots at the area on the map of you, instead of at YOU, it increases their accuracy no matter how they move. They are aiming at what is on their map.

el_barto
Kingdom Hearts Malefecent dragon thing on hard mode

CorderaMitchell
Hey if you beat that on hard mode, with the wand as your choice didn't you unlock something.

el_barto
I dont know...

Darkstorm Zero
This is Abyss's third form, he was the boss of MvC2

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/cyberakuma-realstance.gif
Cyber Akuma was a real nucance, much like Shin Akuma but worse...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/onslaught1.gif
Onslaught had two really annoying ways to piss me off, one was to infinitely whore his Shentinel Boming run special (No sh!t he dropped like 65 bombs on me once!!!!) And the other is to continuously use his Clone Warrior Super move... You can't kill Onslaught if he does this too often...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/gill-stance.gif
Gill is just a pain in the butt, for the same reasons mentioned by Cordera.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/akuma-shin-cvs2-stance.gif
Shin Akuma, all versions, same reasons as Cordera

EvilCap America
A truely "Cheap" bposs in a fighting game isnt to common anymore for a couple reason.Most old bosses were tough because the games often had crappy design or the characters simply didnt have THAT much they could do against Inanna AI timing

In the VS games for instance you simply have TOO many options and an opponent based on the template of Akuma even with bigger fireballs and the same innane timing hes still going to get owned hard by better built charcters.i couldnt BELIVE i saw people saying Apocalypse and Abyss were any problem when they are just giant targets that swallow and choke on supers.Heck i can beat Abyss with Zangeif/Servbot/Roll and ive trashed Cyber Akuma with Mech Zangeif and once chipped him to death with Dans primium sign

In KOF/CvsS type games the options and characters are toned down AND the bosses have been adjusted to fight your whole team.Shin Akuma actually DOES cheat and can juggle more than is normally allowed for ANY chaarcter and many times their timing can leave you slawkjawed with simple counters that by all rights shouldnt have worked.Still they get pwned by Sakura Sagat Blanka etc.KOF bosses just tend to have 1 or 2 godlike moves made to destroy any characters offense.Goeniotz was probably the worst ever and could just murder with 1 attack voer and over again

Gill is a tool.Hes just Urian with a different super that does wicked damage outright and his toolish ressurection..Just have anything waiting to hit him on Ressurections wake-up and everything will be fine

Lets see toughest bosses

Everything in the meat grinder called Ghouls n Ghosts
Alot of old RPGs before Final Fantasy for Dummies made companies dumb them down
Sigma

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by EvilCap America
A truely "Cheap" bposs in a fighting game isnt to common anymore for a couple reason.Most old bosses were tough because the games often had crappy design or the characters simply didnt have THAT much they could do against Inanna AI timing

Or mechanical timing, and they did CHEAT, they did things we couldn't. I just played the old street fighter, and they cheat beyond mere mortals.

In the VS games for instance you simply have TOO many options and an opponent based on the template of Akuma even with bigger fireballs and the same innane timing hes still going to get owned hard by better built charcters.i couldnt BELIVE i saw people saying Apocalypse and Abyss were any problem when they are just giant targets that swallow and choke on supers.Heck i can beat Abyss with Zangeif/Servbot/Roll and ive trashed Cyber Akuma with Mech Zangeif and once chipped him to death with Dans primium sign

Abyss wasn't bad. I used spiderman to web swing on his first form, akuma to air shot his second, and ryu to shinku the third(taking off 90%) in the first super. The same super does mild to medium damage on other characters.

In KOF/CvsS type games the options and characters are toned down AND the bosses have been adjusted to fight your whole team.Shin Akuma actually DOES cheat and can juggle more than is normally allowed for ANY chaarcter and many times their timing can leave you slawkjawed with simple counters that by all rights shouldnt have worked.Still they get pwned by Sakura Sagat Blanka etc.KOF bosses just tend to have 1 or 2 godlike moves made to destroy any characters offense.Goeniotz was probably the worst ever and could just murder with 1 attack voer and over again

Shin Akuma cheats ALOT, he does stuff he shouldn't and god rugal did his G-end grab, out of my teleport too many times.
Sagat is god tier, and has always been as cheesy as old panties.

Gill is a tool.Hes just Urian with a different super that does wicked damage outright and his toolish ressurection..Just have anything waiting to hit him on Ressurections wake-up and everything will be fine

His resurrection wasn't that bad, it was his cheap design, and repetitve uber moves.

Lets see toughest bosses

Everything in the meat grinder called Ghouls n Ghosts
Alot of old RPGs before Final Fantasy for Dummies made companies dumb them down
Sigma

thanks for playing.

StaT1c
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
This is Abyss's third form, he was the boss of MvC2 If Abyss gives you trouble to beat, you really should stop playing fighting games. No excuse for anyone to lose to him.

ragesRemorse
pretty much every boss in metal gear solid2 was cheap and out of place. A fat man on roller blades hurling dynamite, and a vampire that cannot be touched by bullets. That is one of those what the Fu*k! momments.

CorderaMitchell
fatty on rollerblades?

Darkstorm Zero
I've never lost to Abyss, but someone was asking for a piccy of him so I dug one out...

DarkDethbringer
Originally posted by pr1983
jinpachi mishima... wtf...
HELL FREAKIN YES!!!!!

General Zodiac
Ozma from FF9. A giant evil ball.

CorderaMitchell
abyss was easy.....

SaTsuJiN
I think for cheap bosses all around.. SNK takes the cake.. they always manage to make the end boss pseudo dragonball-ish.. high speed, high damage and almost no recovery time.. and then they're given supermoves that take 2 minutes to finish.. -__-

Beelzebuu
Gaberiel from Star Ocean 3. Lemme tell you, do not go in that fight unprepared cause he knows how to spam paralisis and an ultimate move called dragons. Dragons freaken hurt if you can't run and hide in a corner.

Megaman DS, Megaman Battle Network 4, Red Sun. Fighting him a Super Hard Mode after you've most likly used every chip ever is a pain. He learns from watching you fight and he can spam Giga Chips.

Same boss from above but in Part 5. He's not really a boss, but when he pops outta ChoasNapalm Dbl Soul. It's really unexpected and he'll spam MegaBuster and he's invincible.

CorderaMitchell
SNK bosses are cheap, but shin akuma CHEATS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.