Why Isn't Freedom Free?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freaky Zeeky
Why isn't free.

whirlysplat
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. Nothing ain't worth nothing but it's free.

Deano

Oswald Kenobi
Freedom IS free, but the tax on it is $1.05.

BadKitty
Originally posted by Oswald Kenobi
Freedom IS free, but the tax on it is $1.05. laughing out loud you beat me to this post

Freaky Zeeky
eek! The avatar is crazy!

BadKitty
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
eek! The avatar is crazy! who's? nobody's has as cool of one as you. smile

Freaky Zeeky
Yours. Nah, mines isn't as good as yours. no2

Cinemaddiction
I tend to think our freedom is loaned to us, and that we depend on other people to pay for it for us. I appreciate the gesture.

PVS
freedom is never given, its taken by force.

the second we forget how we (our forefathers) took their freedom,
and allow those in power to make us belove it is a privilege allowed to
us, kiss it goodbye.

sexylexy32
Originally posted by PVS
freedom is never given, its taken by force.

the second we forget how we (our forefathers) took their freedom,
and allow those in power to make us belove it is a privilege allowed to
us, kiss it goodbye.

You have absolutely written what I could not have put into words... wink

GuitarBunny
Freedom IS free, but the tax on it is .05. laughing out loud

eek! The avatar is crazy! That use to be my avatar messed

BadKitty
Originally posted by GuitarBunny
laughing out loud

That use to be my avatar messed ohhh another milla fan! excellent! big grin

GuitarBunny
Most def. big grin

my God that women is gorgous drool

botankus
Freedom IS free, but the tax on it is $1.05.

lol! I knew this post would already be taken!

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by GuitarBunny
laughing out loud

That use to be my avatar messed

I know.

alcoholicpoet
Freedom isnt free because there will always be jackasses demanding payment for their help in creating the freedom.

Freaky Zeeky
Coco

alcoholicpoet
Coco

Puffs! eek!

b-dan
freedome isnt free cuz of folks like u and me

debbiejo
Freedom is not a right it's a privilege.....You have to fight it to get it and fight to keep it........

Oswald Kenobi
Originally posted by debbiejo
Freedom is not a right it's a privilege.....You have to fight it to get it and fight to keep it........

No, freedom is a right. Religion preaches it as it tries to control you. Politicians scream it as they create laws to contain you. Even philosophers talk about it.

Ok, so maybe it isn't so cut and dry, but it's not a privelege for the fortunate. It isn't something that needs to be earned, nor is it something that should be a gift. It's the natural right of every creature on earth. The right to live as you see fit without interference from an outside entity as long as your actions do not interfere with the same rights of others.

§pearhead
Simply because freedom has the word free doesn't mean that it IS free. Dur.

Also, define "freedom"...because there has to be certain limits to one's freedom so one doesn't inhibit another peron's freedoms...that's where things get complicated.

Pandemoniac
Real freedom is an utopia for mankind, and it would be our definite downfall.
We are a herd based species, in this we depend on others to do for us what we can't ourselves, or at least on the support of others to get done what we can't do as an individual alone.
Maybe a sole Neanderthal could have had something close to a free life on his own, doing as he pleases, but even he would have to face the consequences might he ignore the rules of nature.
No animal, let alone human, has ever been truly free, there has always been competition for food, territory and the chance to reproduce, bounding every being (except bacteria perhaps, but they have no real self conscience, so freedom has no meaning) to certain rules and obligations.
Us humans have advanced far to much working as a group, making the masses depend on the products of the few. Technology has replaced our natural abilities in order to survive, while destroying our world at the same time.
It would take a very strong and able person from these times to go back to our roots and shed himself from the chains and rules of society, only to throw himself into the jaws of our former challenger, nature itself.
And shaking off all authority in human society by creating anarchy? Come on, how long will that grant you 'freedom'?
We will just fall back to even more primal behaviour, looking out for just ourselves and after all microwave-dinners have been eaten, we'll just go bash each-others skulls in for the best place to live in.
Face it, we're cattle. All we can do is 'moooo' along with the biggest cow among us, cause non of us would really no what do to for themselves eventually and be successful... not anymore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.