ROTS Sidious & Yoda vs Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Somebody
A duel like no other. I don't recall if this was done before - but if it has - it is time to relive the experience. Since Darth Revan is considered to be a Force God - it is only proper to give him excellent competition.

Before we begin - I expect Fishy and Himokan or someone else to say Sidious will get owned and Yoda is the only threat. Both are threats to Revan on their own, gentlemen. But if the immensely talented warrior Yoda and the powerful Dark Lord of The Sith Sidious fight together (fat chance, but go along with it) against Revan, who would win?

Be sure to give supporting reasons instead of "Revan would own them" or "They would own Revan." Give REASONS. Support.

Thanks. big grin

darthrevan89
Much as I hate to say it, Revan would get wasted. Sids would keep on the Force powers while Yoda would do the fighting and pretty much Revan would be overwhelmed.

Darth Somebody
I believe Yoda and Sidious would emerge victorious. Both are skilled with a lightsaber - Yoda even more so. Sidious is greater than Yoda in terms of offensive attack. Both have a powerful mastery of the Force and a firm understanding of lightsaber combat.

Revan is a tactical genius and has trained from the Sith holocron of Tulak Hord. Though it is up to speculation if Revan ever reached the level of Hord - it was not stated.

Revan would be a difficult fight. But with Yoda's amazing moves and Sidious's Force powers - and both of their tactics - I believe they would win.

Darth Somebody
Thank you, Revan. If it makes you feel any better - I agree. But I don't think he'd get WASTED. He'd put up a good fight. But in the end - he'd be overpowered.

HimoKun
He'd be what we call, OWNED.

Darth Windu
In the Yoda vs. Revan thread it took like 650 posts to say that Revan would win, and by a VERY close margin. With Sidious by his side, Yoda would annihilate Revan. He'd put up a pretty good struggle, but in the end, he'd get OWNED.

Darth Plagues
Like said above both Darth Sidious and Yoda are worthy opponents for Darth Revan to begin with. Adding them together make a powerful Force not even Dark Revan can withstand.

Darth Sidious and Yoda have this one.

Human Vader
not even close

not even f*cking close

yoda would give revan a battle yes, but sidious? no
sidious was spanked by mace, i dont care what the book says, the movie comes first and it shows sidious being beaten by mace. mace is a good jeedai yes but he would get owned by revan easily. i mean sidious didnt even do that much. he killed three jeedai master in like 5 seconds ZOHMG!!!1111 lets admit it, those jeedai were average at best, so they were masters whoop dee doo, if they were really any good they would have had much larger roles in the movies and EU. sidious doesnt compare to revan at all, or any other ancient sith lord for that matter, he hasnt fought nearly as many jeedai as revan has, revan truly manipulated people to follow him, rather than just saying "execute order 66" and having people do what he wanted. sidious is outclassed by far in this battle.

yoda ill admit is a bit better than sidious and perhaps could compete with revan, but i think in the end hed be beat. people always seem o think that movie jeedai and sith are on par with ancient jeedai and sith, but thats just wrong. ancient jeedai and sith fought against each other non stop. the movie jeedai and sith havent done so for their whole lives.. the ancient sith/jeedai will usually just outclass the movie ones

darthrevan89
HV from Revan fanatic to Revan fanatic I still would have to say that Yoda and Sids would take him. Yoda and Sids make a good combo and while I'm sure Revan whould put up a good fight they would overwhelm him.

Darth_Janus
I had a whole argument typed up about how Revan could possibly win, and illustrating Sidious' numerous faults, along with other argument points. But I hit a wrong damn button and it poofed. And since I'm at work and I type posts in between phone calls, I am NOT gonna retype it here and now. Let's just suffice to say that Yoda and Sidious aren't the power team they are made out to be.

General Zodiac
Umm Yoda is basically equal to force power and better in lightsaber combat then Sidious. So Revan would get defeated.

Emperor Revan
I think it depends on where they fight. If it's a large area then I think Revan could split the two up and defeat them. Sidious didn't last long against Mace and he would last even less time against Revan and he wouldn't hesitate one second to kill him. Yoda probably wouldn't be too hard for Revan to split up either, Sidious lightning blast caught him off guard and threw him across the room, and Sidious close range Force blast later on threw him kinda far.

I think Lord Revan has a really good chance to win, but as of now I'd say it's more likely that Yoda and Sidious would win.

Darth_Janus
That was my originally typed out post, Emperor. Basically, if Revan fought smart, split them up, fought dirty, and kept out of direct melee with both, he could very well win. Seeing as Sidious isn't a heavy with saber combat and prefers to fight at an advatage, from a distance, this is easily achieved. The tough one is Yoda, who is in your face and wise to boot.

Fishy
It would be very hard to take out Sidious when Yoda is jumping all around you. Revan would have the chance to take him out, but I very much doubt he would pull it off. In the end he would die.

General Zodiac
Yeah but Sidious would use the terrian to his edge. Yoda is very fast so how long would Revan have? Not to mention Yoda is like the strongest Jedi Master ever.

Darth Windu
As has been discussed before General, Yoda's speed is something Revan can counter.

General Zodiac
I mean how long would Revan have Sidious alone? Not his fighting speed.

Fishy
Not enough I think... If he can kill Sidious Yoda will see an opening and kill him... Revan has very little chance here.

General Zodiac
True. And Yoda knows Force Speed. So Revan would have less time to kill Sidious before fighting the duo again. And would Revan really be able to throw back Yoda? I'm sure Yoda learned his lession with Sidious in ROTS.

Darth_Janus
But initially he was surprised. And Revan's mastery of the dark side, with his access to ancient Sith lore (some directly from the source itself) might make him much more than Yoda is initially prepared for. But I suppose we can say, if t6o placate the masses, the odds are against Revan. It's settled.

Darth_Glentract
I think Yoda could hold off Revan lightsaber attacks and Sidious could use the force and use force drain or lightning or something. Sidous is like right under Yoda, and Yoda is pretty close to Revan's power. Revan would die in this fight.

General Zodiac
Atleast it won't be like Sidious killing those 3 Jedi Masters.

Darth_Frobo
it depends, chances are revan gets pwned but if he can kill sidious within the first couple minutes of the fight he could pull it off, the only thing is sids wouldn't go down THAt easy.

HimoKun
Originally posted by General Zodiac
Atleast it won't be like Sidious killing those 3 Jedi Masters.

Well, they weren't really ready for Sidious to attack them with a lightsaber. They didn't think there wasd going to be battle, they were just trying to really intimidate Sidious by having four Jedi Masters with htem. So really, Sidious got the jump on them, that's the only reason he was able to kill them all together.

Darth Somebody
Ehem...

-from the movie-

Mace: The Senate will decide your fate.

Palpatine: -slowly stands up and draws lightsaber- So it's treason then...

-Palpatine proceeds to kill the Jedi Masters-

Alright people.

Palpatine didn't get the jump on the Jedi Masters. If memory serves, they already had their lightsabers at the ready and ignited. Nah. Sidious just overpowered them. Plain and simple. Please get over that.

Sidious's offensive Force powers are clearly more useful than anything Yoda's got in this battle. And Yoda would be the melee fighter of the two. And Sidious IS a heavyweight. And he DID last long against both Mace and Yoda. Get over your pathetic bias and see the real thing.

Anywho. Revan would put up a fight. But he would lose.

Darth Somebody
I'm sorry I was late on the argument - but I'd just like to end this.

I see a lot of extreme bias for Sidious. I suppose some don't approve or like his tactics. And others think he is a coward - which I agree on. But. That does not exclude the fact that Sidious won (in terms of his goals) in each and every battle in Revenge of The Sith that he participated in.

Intellectual battles and physical. Some attribute his victories to luck. That may very well be true. Yoda was clearly the more experienced and confidant fighter in their duel. But when you dismiss Sidious's abilities it makes you all sound obnoxious.

Darth Janus, Himokun, and Fishy. You three are the ones who promote this negative and biased opinion the most. You are right to have your opinion. But I have offered you facts and facts and even an unbiased walkthrough of the Sidious vs Palpatine battle.

During the battle with the four Jedi Masters - it was they who ignited their blades first. This symbolized that they were prepared for a battle. Just not one against such a powerful figure as Darth Sidious. I have frequently admitted that while Sidious is not the most powerful of the Sith, he is still mighty enough to stand toe-to-toe with four Jedi Masters simultaneously - and Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

Obviously, Mace and Yoda were the superior fighters compared to the other three. But Sidious just overpowered and outfought them. He gave Mace a hell of a run for his money. And he proved that he was equal to Yoda.

Bias is a very rude and blinding attribute. I urge you to let go of how much you don't LIKE Sidious and face the facts. He may not be the most powerful. But he's FAR from being weak. Or average.

Dresta
sidious is lame

General Zodiac
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Ehem...

-from the movie-

Mace: The Senate will decide your fate.

Palpatine: -slowly stands up and draws lightsaber- So it's treason then...

-Palpatine proceeds to kill the Jedi Masters-

Alright people.

Palpatine didn't get the jump on the Jedi Masters. If memory serves, they already had their lightsabers at the ready and ignited. Nah. Sidious just overpowered them. Plain and simple. Please get over that.

Sidious's offensive Force powers are clearly more useful than anything Yoda's got in this battle. And Yoda would be the melee fighter of the two. And Sidious IS a heavyweight. And he DID last long against both Mace and Yoda. Get over your pathetic bias and see the real thing.

Anywho. Revan would put up a fight. But he would lose.

Darth Somebody is right. The 3 Jedi Masters were ready.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Dresta
sidious is lame

Is he really?

That is what I am referring to. Bias. Disgusting bias. You have no proof to indicate that Darth Sidious is lame. For a being who was so clever and manipulative to conquer the entire galaxy - a feat that no other Sith Lord ever accomplished - and manipulate the one being destined to destroy him into serving him - I wouldn't exactly call that lame.

Granted. A Marka Ragnos or an Exar Kun would be able to conquer Sidious in melee combat, but what he did was still great. Perhaps you just dismiss and dislike his methods for how he conquered the galaxy. But as I told Fishy, going in a galactic war like Revan and the others did clearly wasn't the right away to go about it. Otherwise these Sith Lords would have accomplished what Sidious did.

Intelligence is clearly superior to brute strength. Even in a war.

Fishy
Of course it is, but not as fun... Besides a lot of those Sith just had a lot of bad luck, Sidious did not. He could have died and could have failed a lot of times when those others did. So it wasn't necessarily better it was just the first time it worked. And personally I think that fighting and almost conquering and destroying the republic is far more impressive then becoming the chancellor and changing some laws.

Darth Somebody
Perhaps you're right, Fishy. It is more impressive. But the fact of the matter is that they did NOT conquer the Republic by means of brute force. Revan failed. Malak failed. They all did. Except for the one Dark Lord whom you all hate and despise the most.

Fishy
Well yeah, he succeeded but I don't care if they succeed or not. I care about what they did. Alexander the Great didn't achieve his goal and he is still seen as one of the greatest generals.

So is Ghengis Khan, Julius Caesar, Hanibal Barca, Rommel, you name them. Many of them did not do what they wanted to do and failed. Does not make them any less great. It justs a set of circumstances that made everything suck for them. Still I rate those people a hell of a lot higher then any modern day politician.

Darth Somebody
Again. Your opinion. And your bias. However, I will give you credit for admitting that Sidious did what Revan could not. And that is all that matters. If this were a debate that focused on whom had the superior or COOLER strategies, then perhaps Revan could be defended properly.

But accomplishments is where Sidious outclasses the legendary and all-powerful Darth Revan.

Now let's get back on topic and discuss the duel.

Fishy
How am I biased? I am just stating my opinion which is my opinion. How the hell is that biased? I think what Sidious did was cheap and weak, nothing like what the ancient Sith Lords did. How the hell can you argue that.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Fishy
How am I biased? I am just stating my opinion which is my opinion. How the hell is that biased? I think what Sidious did was cheap and weak, nothing like what the ancient Sith Lords did. How the hell can you argue that.

Exactly. And because of your opinion - you clearly thing negatively of Sidious in all aspects. You refer to him as nothing more than a politician. A fitting title for the only known ruler of the galaxy. But of course, you are intitled to your opinion.

A bias is a preference or inclination. You clearly have a preference in anything involving him. But that's alright. As you said, it is your opinion.

HimoKun
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
I'm sorry I was late on the argument - but I'd just like to end this.

I see a lot of extreme bias for Sidious. I suppose some don't approve or like his tactics. And others think he is a coward - which I agree on. But. That does not exclude the fact that Sidious won (in terms of his goals) in each and every battle in Revenge of The Sith that he participated in.

Intellectual battles and physical. Some attribute his victories to luck. That may very well be true. Yoda was clearly the more experienced and confidant fighter in their duel. But when you dismiss Sidious's abilities it makes you all sound obnoxious.

Darth Janus, Himokun, and Fishy. You three are the ones who promote this negative and biased opinion the most. You are right to have your opinion. But I have offered you facts and facts and even an unbiased walkthrough of the Sidious vs Palpatine battle.

During the battle with the four Jedi Masters - it was they who ignited their blades first. This symbolized that they were prepared for a battle. Just not one against such a powerful figure as Darth Sidious. I have frequently admitted that while Sidious is not the most powerful of the Sith, he is still mighty enough to stand toe-to-toe with four Jedi Masters simultaneously - and Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

Obviously, Mace and Yoda were the superior fighters compared to the other three. But Sidious just overpowered and outfought them. He gave Mace a hell of a run for his money. And he proved that he was equal to Yoda.

Bias is a very rude and blinding attribute. I urge you to let go of how much you don't LIKE Sidious and face the facts. He may not be the most powerful. But he's FAR from being weak. Or average.

I just don't think they were ready for Sidious to jump out with a lightsaber and attack him. They were ready, just not for that. Did you see their faces when Sidious killed them? they were in complete surprise.

Darth Windu
They had their lightsabers out, but yeah, I don't know if they were expecting Sidious to respond with such ferocity. HOWEVER, they could not have possibly thought that Sidious would come quietly, considering they knew of his title as Dark Lord of the Sith.

HimoKun
No, I don't think they knew that. I think they found out right before he struck them down.

Darth Windu
Anakin told Mace the truth right after Sidious told him; watch the movie or read the novel again. And I highly doubt Mace would keep that from them if it meant they would be unprepared, perhaps losing their lives. They did anyway, but you get my point.

DarthGenises
Sids and Yoda DUH!!!!! Why did you make it so lopsided?

Great Vengeance
I agree with all darth somebodys points on this, you guys are all bias towards palpatine and fail to recognize he was the greatest sith lord and perhaps the most powerful as well.

Illustrious
Sids and Yoda, and it shouldn't be that hard.

I can't believe how many KOTOR fanboys are trying to convince others that Revan has a legitimate shot at this. We're talking arguably one of the greatest Sith and one of the greatest Jedi's ever TEAMING up against an individual that is believed by KOTOR fans to be the best. Sad.

Revan's formidable, but don't convince me that he's going to somehow waste both Yoda and Palpatine.

That's not necessarily true at all.

Ancient civilizations fought each other again and again and again. But guess what? There are modern day fighters that train their entire lives, that can reach peaks that those individuals couldn't. They've been able to jump higher, be stronger, move faster, than past individuals because of focused training and enhanced knowledge.

So why wouldn't the same be true in the SW universe?

You're doing an awful lot of ASS-U-Ming to try to show a point.

And how do you propose Revan "splits" them up? Both of these individuals are very capable of extreme acrobatics, and we've rarely see either of them take a direct hit from anything other than force powers. Do you propose that Revan somehow manages to force push Yoda's tiny green body into outer space and then proceeds to beat down Sidious in a lightsaber duel or something of that sort? Ridiculous.

The end result is still pretty clear: Revan gets toasted.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Illustrious
Revan gets toasted.

Yep

Darth Infidus
"If you were to face an ancient sith lord in combat, you would realize that we are as children with toys, compared to the prowess of the old masters."
Ok, this was said about the ancient sith, by Kriea. The ancient sith were about 2000-4000 years before Revan's time, if not more. If lightsaber skill deteriorated in those thousands of years before Revan, then the Sith after Revan, got progressively crappier and crappier with thier Lightsaber skills. Now, if this is true, then Sidious' saber skill would be nothing to Revan, like the Exile was to the older sith lords. If Sidious was at least as good as Yoda in saber skill, as shown in their fight, then that would mean Yoda was nothing to Revan as well. Assuming what Kreia said was true, then an ancient sith lord could just swing once, and kill the exile. Revan, I think, is a better lightsaber duelist than the exile, if in 4000 years, saber skill deteriorated, then all Revan would need to do is take Yoda's and Sidious' force powers head on, close the gap between then and slash twice. If they were separated, then it would be easier for Revan.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth Infidus
"If you were to face an ancient sith lord in combat, you would realize that we are as children with toys, compared to the prowess of the old masters."
Ok, this was said about the ancient sith, by Kriea. The ancient sith were about 2000-4000 years before Revan's time, if not more. If lightsaber skill deteriorated in those thousands of years before Revan, then the Sith after Revan, got progressively crappier and crappier with thier Lightsaber skills. Now, if this is true, then Sidious' saber skill would be nothing to Revan, like the Exile was to the older sith lords. If Sidious was at least as good as Yoda in saber skill, as shown in their fight, then that would mean Yoda was nothing to Revan as well. Assuming what Kreia said was true, then an ancient sith lord could just swing once, and kill the exile. Revan, I think, is a better lightsaber duelist than the exile, if in 4000 years, saber skill deteriorated, then all Revan would need to do is take Yoda's and Sidious' force powers head on, close the gap between then and slash twice. If they were separated, then it would be easier for Revan.

This quote simply shows that the ANCIENT SITH Lords were more powerful than Revan, if you consider Kriea a valid source. You're ASSUMING that lightsaber and force powers deteriorated from Revan's time to the SW Saga. There is little evidence for this or the contrary, so the point is moot.

General Zodiac
So what you're saying Infidus is that someone like Mace or Luke could never be as good in terms of lightsaber combat as ancient sith lords?

Darth Infidus
Originally posted by Illustrious
This quote simply shows that the ANCIENT SITH Lords were more powerful than Revan, if you consider Kriea a valid source. You're ASSUMING that lightsaber and force powers deteriorated from Revan's time to the SW Saga. There is little evidence for this or the contrary, so the point is moot.

Not force powers, just lightsaber skill.

Great Vengeance

It is also said that palpatine was the greatest sith lord who ever lived and yoda was the the wisest and most powerful jedi in the star wars universe.

Darth Infidus
Besides, Illustrious, i was just giving my opinion, sorry it pissed you off.

General Zodiac
Sith and Jedi from the PT could easily be as good in lightsaber combat as the ones in the Ancient Sith. Look at Mace who mastered Vaapad or Dooku who mastered form II. Both are used mainly for dueling.

Darth Infidus
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
It is also said that palpatine was the greatest sith lord who ever lived and yoda was the the wisest and most powerful jedi in the star wars universe.

Greatest doesnt neccesarily mean power, it could just mean that he accomplished great things.

And as for Yoda, if he was so wise and powerful, why was he caught off gaurd by Sidious' plot, and then defeated by him as well?

Darth Infidus
Sith and Jedi from the PT could easily be as good in lightsaber combat as the ones in the Ancient Sith. Look at Mace who mastered Vaapad or Dooku who mastered form II. Both are used mainly for dueling.

True, but if what Kreia said holds any water, then it would make you wonder just HOW good the sith before Revan were.

General Zodiac
Wasn't Kotor II like 4,000 years before the PT? What she said then has nothing to do with Sith in the PT. What do you think they did? Trained to kill the Jedi. And Sidious accomplished something no other Sith has done. Took complete control of the galaxy, destroyed the Republic, and had the Jedi hide.

Illustrious
Besides, Illustrious, i was just giving my opinion, sorry it pissed you off.

It didn't piss me off.

I'm just saying it's an awefully big assumption to simply state that lightsaber powers deteriorated from earlier days. The thing is, it is extremely difficult to compare eras, so such a comparison would be moot without hard evidence.

Great Vengeance
Greatest doesnt neccesarily mean power, it could just mean that he accomplished great things.

And as for Yoda, if he was so wise and powerful, why was he caught off gaurd by Sidious' plot, and then defeated by him as well?

Greatness is usually tied to power in the star wars universe, and yoda was caught off gaurd by SIDIOUS who was impossibly clever and very very powerful.

General Zodiac
caught off guard.
Sidious: Now you will witness the full power of the sarkside. (Lifts fingers) It couldn't been more clear. 4 Jedi in ROTS were retards. The 3 that were killed by Sidious and Yoda but he evened it out for being a bad@$$ like with the royal guards.

Great Vengeance
caught off guard.
Sidious: Now you will witness the full power of the sarkside. (Lifts fingers) It couldn't been more clear. 4 Jedi in ROTS were retards. The 3 that were killed by Sidious and Yoda but he evened it out for being a bad@$$ like with the royal guards.

I didnt mean he was caught off gaurd in their fight, I meant he was caught off gaurd when palpatine reveals himself to be sidious.

General Zodiac
Yoda really gets it after the fall of the Jedi. He calls him Darth Sidious so he basically figured it out.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by DarthGenises
Sids and Yoda DUH!!!!! Why did you make it so lopsided?

Alright. I have seen numerous threads with lopsided tendancies. And I hated them. This thread isn't lopsided. You will find that the vast majority of the people here consider Revan to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever - and a Force god. It gets old. So I made this match to placate the masses...

General Zodiac
Luke wouldn't be able to take Sidious and Yoda alone.

Darth Somebody
So Sidious and Yoda win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.