Darth Malak and Darth Bandon vs. Mace Windu and Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Windu
I kinda like the way Malak and Mace are so controversial when compared to eachother....... what? The setting is in the Invisible Hand, where Anakin and Obi Wan fought the Count.

Darth_Glentract
Close fight.

Mace could probably beat Malak after a time. Bandon would probably eventualy defeat Depa, but she is good. She uses Vapaad just like Mace, just not as effectivly. Mace would probably kill Bandon, and seriously injure Malak, but lose in the process.

Darth Windu
I've heard a lot of people say Bandon was around the level of Kit Fisto, others say he was around Maul's strength. Now tell me; if Depa was a Council memebr and MASTER of Vaapad, how the hell is Kit Fisto better than her?

Human Vader
well this is good battle, id say malak and mace would fight for a very long time, but bandon id say completely outmatches depa. she, like many jeedai from the movies is outclassed by any ancient jeedai or sith. bandon would then go to help his master. mace might be able to throw bandon away but he would be distracted while doing so, and malak would strike.

Human Vader
and she wasnt a master of vapaad, she fell to the dark side because of it, meaning she wasnt as skilled with it as mace. and maul is about as good as bandon id say, and theyre both IMO better than kit fisto

Darth Windu
In various references to Mace and Vaapad, it is stated that other than Mace, only Depa and Sora Bulq mastered it. Now, Mace mastered it to a whole new level, but that doesn't change the other twos' prowess in it. But it can be stated that Vaapad mastered Sora and Depa, as they fell ti it's darkness.

Darth Windu
And I think Depa could take Maul or Bandon. A very difficult battle, but its possible. If not, she falls, and Bandon assists his master in felling Windu.

Admiral Akbar
Depa is good, and would give bandon a hard time, but just because she mastered Vaapad doesnt mean she is better.

Lets put it this way bandon is better than depa in power,and depa is average... when it comes to Vaapad she evens with bandon. But bandon has a better understanding of the force and would outclass her there.

Darth_Janus
Let's see this through my eyes now:

-Bandon. Successor to Malak. If that doesn't spell power (Considering the competition for such a position) I don't know what does. He never lost a fight, and wielded a two handed blade with exceptional skill, killing jedi in the dozens, if not more.

-Malak tops Mace or Depa. This is not even debatable. Malak's experience, style, and Force mastery put him on a level unheard of in Mace's time. He is, for all intents and purposes, an ancient Sith lord. He was second only to Revan himself.

-Mace's Vaapad does NOT work better against darksiders. That is a misunderstood translation of the fact that Vaapad flirts with the dark side and relies on chaos, brutality, and primal instincts to bring Juyo to a whole new level.

-Depa, despite having "mastered" Vaapad, did not possess the shatterpoint skill, nor did she actually master Vaapad. It mastered her, as demonstrated in Shatterpoint the novel. Plus, she was significantly weaker than Mace himself. And although the two made by all accounts an excellent team, together they were barely able to survive a dozen or so armored creatures from Mace's home planet once upon a time. Against two ancient Sith, they would be hard pressed indeed to win the fight.

Darth Windu
Okay, I've sufficiently embarrassed myself. While I did state those first three points earlier in other threads, I didn't think of those last reasons. I don't know what I was thinking. Dammit Janus. smile

Darth_Janus
Not a big deal. I'm notorious for ruining perceptions. So now we know- Mace and Depa lose.

Darth Windu
Which is what I voted on at the beginning, but yes. I'll soend the rest of my days thinking up a team that can take Malak and Bandon, and in a fair match.

Fishy
Janus, I couldn't have said it better myself. And I mean that because I didn't even know that last part, I really need to get a copy of shatterpoint.

Darth Windu
Wait, just to clarify this; I've seen a lot of people on this forum posting that Depa almost beat Mace in a fight in Shatterpoint. From what I read, Mace was determined not to strike out against her in an attempt to bring her back to the light. Clarify this please Janus.

Darth_Janus
You're absolutely correct. He took a direct stab, but avoided killing her. Mace is a smart Jedi master; many times in Shatterpoint he realizes that winning is not about taking victory on the battlefield. In fact, he loses a few fights in the book, but always for a higher purpose.

Darth Windu
Thank you for clarifying that.

Darth_Janus
You're welcome.

Bobafett34
team 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.