In Which Locations Do You Think Battles Will Take Place in THBP?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BigTimeCubsFan
I was trying to think of some good spots for some Wizarding Battles, but I could only think of maybe Hogwarts and Hogsmede. What do you Think?

Zatch_Bell
no none.

BigTimeCubsFan
What do you mean no none, there will definitely be some great battles.

Zatch_Bell
I mean I couldn't think of any.

TheSun
On the back cover of Half Blood Prince the Dark Mark is hovering over Hogwarts, with all the students outside watching it. Look like Voldemort wants to attack Hogwarts.

Director_Joe
Well, the Dark Mark is used to call death eaters to that spot so there could very well be a battle on Hogwarts grounds....though I highly doubt it...

TheSun
Originally posted by Director_Joe
Well, the Dark Mark is used to call death eaters to that spot so there could very well be a battle on Hogwarts grounds....though I highly doubt it...
Why?

NightCrawler341
I think it will be on Hogwarts grounds if the Dark Mark is over it. Kinda makes sense, jah?

tigress
id say itll start in hogsmead then filter to hogwarts for the showdown

Hermione202
Maybe Diago ally.oR HOgsmade.I also agree with TheSun . that could mean he would attack Hogwarts.

BigTimeCubsFan
Do you think there could be another fight in the Graveyard where The Dark Lord came back in. I think it would make a great battleground.

Hermione202
That would make an excelent battle ground.But is it possible?

Director_Joe
Originally posted by TheSun
Why?

Only because if there really was a battle on Hogwarts grounds you'd think there might be student casualties (not that students would go to fight though some of the older ones might try to)...

To be honest I don't think we'll get to see any huge battles, at least no bigger then the one we read in the 5th book. I'm sorry, I just can't picture wizards diving behind sandbags to engage in trench warfare... I just can't see it...

Oh, back to the Hogwarts thing though... How would they enter the grounds? It just doen't seem likely to me... However it could very well happen...

Hermione202
Voldermort is really powerful these days.he might get into hogwarts

Director_Joe
I don't think so...not untill Dumbledore bites the dust...

BigTimeCubsFan
I agree...I think that the only chance that The Dark Lord has of getting into Hogwarts is if Dumbledore is killed...Which I don't think is likely to happen until Harry's seventh year. But I disagree that there will not be more than one big battle. What else does this book have to focus on. All of the attention is going to be given to the 2nd War. Therefore, more than just one brutal battle with fatalities is going to have to happen.

Director_Joe
Now, when you say "BATTLE" are you implying something larger then what we saw towards the end of the fifth book? I just can't see something like that happening. I disagree with the part about 'all the next book has to focus on is the 2nd war'... It's gonna be like any other year at Hogwarts with its ups and downs just this time, in the backs of every one's minds... there is the knowledge of a war waging.

Also, the only way we, as the reader, would witness a battle is if Harry is there while its happening. I dunno about you guys, but I don't think the Order is going to want Harry fighting in battles...

TheSun
Now, when you say "BATTLE" are you implying something larger then what we saw towards the end of the fifth book? I just can't see something like that happening. I disagree with the part about 'all the next book has to focus on is the 2nd war'... It's gonna be like any other year at Hogwarts with its ups and downs just this time, in the backs of every one's minds... there is the knowledge of a war waging.

Also, the only way we, as the reader, would witness a battle is if Harry is there while its happening. I dunno about you guys, but I don't think the Order is going to want Harry fighting in battles...
Why? the wizard wasn't at war at the end of OOtP. In HBP it is. Generally, in warfare, batles are big. Makes sense that battles are bigger then.

Hermione202
Harry will damand to battle.Its in his nature.

BigTimeCubsFan

First of all the Order is not going to have much of a choice when it comes to Harry in Battles. He is going to have to fight eventually, and we all know that he is going to face The Dark Lord in this one. Second, I agree that it will probably be something like the past books, but to say it is going to just another year at Hogwarts is wrong. You have to think about the 2nd war and the effect it is going to have on the students life at Hogwarts. We have never seen the the wizarding world like this before so it cannot just be another year at school, and we don't even know what Hogwarts is like when The Dark Lord is back(and everyone knows about it). Lastly, when I said battle I did mean like the one in the last book, but I think there will be several smaller ones and one big one.

Hermione202
Exactly.It's not always up to the order.Harry always have his way.Plus people who are friends and relitives of the students at Hogwarts could get seriously injured or die.This will affect their lives greatly.We got a taste of it with Mr. Weasley when he was bitten by the snake and that was horrible by itself.

Director_Joe
People, all I'm sayin' is: yeah, there may be larger scaled battles in the book. However, I really don't think we'll get to witness any of them.

goddess_susu
Guys, when you look at the pic you can see the castle and the dark mark but it's not really on top though

air
i think we all need to be watching the Prisoner of Azkaban film cause JK in an interview which is shown on the extension disk states that the director places things in the film that gave her goosebumps and that foreshadow things that are going to occur in the final two books and that when readers read them they're going to think he put them in on purpose..so watch carefully and we might just get a clue......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.