Batman Forever a good movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Well, i dont know if you have heard about it, but for me, its very curious. And its true, because its from many different sources and for people who was in the filmation of the movie. Basicaly, there was so many fights and discussions between almost all the director and the actors that the shooting was almost a hell. Lets see,

Joel Schumacher vs Val Kilmer: That was the biggest fight in the shooting, Val wanted from Joel more back up and explanations about the concept of the movie and his view of the character, but Shumacher refused to do it and tell him that he must act and play the character as is in the script. Also, Val didnt like the style of the movie and Shumacher directing style, also that he was a very conflictive person with a great ego. There was so many fights and discussions between then almost all the days of the shooting that the crew thought that the shooting should be cancelled. Even they fight hand to hand in Val's trailer, Kilmer knocked Joel in the face and put him against the wall, and shumacher hited him too. The major part of the shooting, they didnt talk anything one to each other. After the movie, Shumacher has bad mouthing about Kilmer a lot, saying of him things like a " real psycho", " a person who nees psychologist help", " a childis and impossible person" and a " total *******". Kilmer has said that " shumacher is only a prick who is angry with him for didnt do batman and robin ".

Joel Schumacher vs Tommy Lee Jones: The had a correct friends relation since their work in " the client". But in this movie, Tommy Lee was so angry about the concept of the movie. Frecuently discussions between them were usual things in the shooting of the movie.

Val Kilmer vs Jim Carrey: Val was angry because Jim has more dialogue than him and cant stand him because his jokes and his sense of humour. Jim cant stand him too and has said in many interviews that " he hated val kilmer because he was the most selfish person in the bussiness" Even they didnt be in the same set together during the shooting of the film.

Val kilmer vs Chris O`donnell: O'donnell has said in some interviews that His relation with Kilmer during the shooting of the film was very cold because even Val didnt talk anyting with him.

Tommy Lee Jones vs Jim Carrey: Jones hated Carrey because he thought that he was a real actor and Carrey was only a " sad clown from a cabaret show". Even some times, some crew of the shooting has said that one day, when Jim was talking and joking with some girls of the make up , Jones shouting him, calling him " what a fuking stupid monkey are you? And carrey replied him : whats up with you Tom? you cant stand to be in the same set with me? Even Shumacher Had to take carrey and go out of the set. The tension was so big between them that the crew thought that could be a fight between them in any moment. Tommy Lee was a really " bad guy" with Carrey in all the shooting.

Its very curious, i didnt think that the shooting of that movie was so confilictive like that. What do you think?

Gregory
I think any major, multi-million doller endevour is going to provoke tension. And since actors and directors are not traditionally the most modest types of people, egos are going to clash.

Batman Wins
I couldn't find the other thread so yeah. I acualy thought Batman Forever was good, it was funny with jim carrey and tommy lee jones.

Riddlersadguy falls from cliffand dies) oohhh nice form, little rough on the landing, he mayyyyy have to settle for the bronze ( evil laugh)

I loved this movie. Sure it doesn't relate to the comic Batman as dark, but its a good funny family movie that could be watched over and over again.

Batman and Robin was just stupid lol it could be watched like once but hey.

Anyone else like this movie

Zatch_Bell
me

Nevermind
Yeah well at least it was better and 'Batman and Robin'

NoFate007
Originally posted by Nevermind
Yeah well at least it was better and 'Batman and Robin'

That isn't saying much...

Batman Wins
Lol but do you like it ?

Nevermind
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Lol but do you like it ?

No, not really.

Batman Wins
Good Job

Zatch_Bell
I like it.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Zatch_Bell
I like it.

We gathered that much your first post.

Batman Wins
lol. What your favorite parts guys, even if you hated it. I am sure there is one part that you like.

Myth
When it ended. smile

DarkAge
I liked it when I went to see it at the cinema... when I was 9.

NoFate007
Tommy Lee Jones I thought was a horrible Two-Face. Carrey was good, but he didn't seem smart enough, he seemed TOO much of a jokester. A few of his jokes were funny, and he, overall, acted it well, but I think they should've told him to be a little more intelligent, a little more menacing, and a little less comedic. Michael Gough was perfect as always...and uh.....I liked...hm....what else did I like.....

I tell you one thing I hated....showing the statue of liberty....that made no sense at all and was a COMPLETE screw up that can't be looked at as anything, including "artistic creation".

Nevermind
Originally posted by Myth
When it ended. smile

laughing out loud

Joker1237
it was a poor movie imo. Batman had NIPPLES. That alone ruin it lol. Oh yeah and the BUTT shots. BUTT shots????? Butt shots???

Riddler was 2 over the top. so was Jones, or Twoface. No one relly was good compare to there comic roles.

Oh yeah, Jim Carrey acted no way like the Joker I know. Base off his riddler, he would be a poor Joker. Joker is NOT one of thsos villians to be acted over the top.

Dresta
no it was shit

Sango_Dare
i thought it looked so fake i like the actors and all but it just looked fake

xmarksthespot
When it ended. smile
laughing out loud
It's funny cos it's true.

"Batman Forever a good movie" = oxymoron

b-dan
i liked forever probly cuz my fave actor was in it jim carry i think he did a wonderful job as the riddler. almost all my fave actors have been in a batman movie accept ray liotta. There was jack nicholson, jim carry, christopher walken, and gary oldman

Batman Wins
Originally posted by Joker1237
it was a poor movie imo. Batman had NIPPLES. That alone ruin it lol. Oh yeah and the BUTT shots. BUTT shots????? Butt shots???

Riddler was 2 over the top. so was Jones, or Twoface. No one relly was good compare to there comic roles.

Oh yeah, Jim Carrey acted no way like the Joker I know. Base off his riddler, he would be a poor Joker. Joker is NOT one of thsos villians to be acted over the top.

Ha, butt shots and nipples, so I guess you Liked Batman and Robin when Batgirl Had the costume. They showed the same parts, and it looked better on her than batman yes

b-dan
Ha, butt shots and nipples, so I guess you Liked Batman and Robin when Batgirl Had the costume. They showed the same parts, and it looked better on her than batman yes lol

Mr Parker
I am one of the few here that likes Batman Forever much better than the first two films.

Joker1237
ok that part with Batgirl WAS about the only good thing lol. But even that was weak.

Batman Wins
lol they should of made that the whole movie for Batman Forver. Instead of the other crap they through in. Anway I loved Batman Forever at least. It was better than that ManSpider with mary jane. I acualy kind of liked part 1 but 2 was trash, i rather Batman and Robin.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I am one of the few here that likes Batman Forever much better than the first two films.

How?! I suppose you hated the first Spiderman so it shouldn't be surprised.

vvvrulz
Forever at most had 'potential', but it all went wrong when they botched up two-face's character. What did they do to my favourite Comic Book Villain !!!!

It escpecially bad when he kept tossing that coin to get the result he wanted, the real two-face would NEVER question the result !

DarkAge
^Indeed.

I know that Forever was crap, but how people think of Batman '89, a movie with the crappiest possible production values, as superior is beyond me.

vvvrulz
Really, I thought the '89 version was awesome, because it didnt need special effects to work, just a good cast and sharp dialogue, particularly the Joker's classic one-liners.

I'll admit the old batsuit looked pretty corny though, and why on earth was Harvey Dent (who later becomes twoface) black?

DarkAge
Because Burton had no friggin respect for the comics whatsoever.

Harvey Dent
If you thought the movies was good - fine.

But it was a BAD Batman movie.

The Riddler and Two-Face should not be comic releif in a Batman movie.

The director ruined these two characters.

As good as Jim Carey is, a goofy Riddler sucked and was not the Riddler I wanted to see.

Look at how the Riddler and Two-Face was portrayed in Batman the Animated Series.

First of all they weren't comic releif.

I'm not saying the director should have copied everything from the animated series, but he should have known better.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Joker1237
ok that part with Batgirl WAS about the only good thing lol. But even that was weak.

Dude your thinking of that crappy Batman and Robin. big grin

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DarkAge
^Indeed.

I know that Forever was crap, but how people think of Batman '89, a movie with the crappiest possible production values, as superior is beyond me.

Exactly. thumb up Like you said,Burton had no friggen respect for the comics whatsoever.

vvvrulz
I thought Burton had far more respect the ol Shumacher.

VenomVA
Since when was Two-face running around cracking a bunch of jokes in the comics or in TAS? I loved Forever, but the F*cked up Two-Face's character. They tried to make him a second joker and it failed BIG TIME!!! Yes Carey was over the top but I liked him as Riddler, not as good as TAS Riddler but he did an "ok" job.

Joel F*cked up 2 of the best villians:
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze
In the comics and TAS they didn't crack that many jokes or try to be funny. They both were similar...Ruthless, mean, and men of few words along with other things.

I hope they put Harvey in the 3rd Bale movie and do it right, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....and bring scarecrow BACK!!!

Bat Dude
Originally posted by vvvrulz

My thoughts exactly! Schmacher killed the franchise with neon lights, bat-nipples, and butt shots. Burton kept the tone of the character and didn't make his villians a bunch of crap.

I thought Billy Dee Williams played a good Dent. Far superior to Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face.

Mr Parker
lol they should of made that the whole movie for Batman Forver. Instead of the other crap they through in. Anway I loved Batman Forever at least. It was better than that ManSpider with mary jane. I acualy kind of liked part 1 but 2 was trash, i rather Batman and Robin.

LOL. laughing well said.When you say part two I assume you mean Batman and Robin right? yeah that one was trash.

Mr Parker

Burton totally disrespected and Butchered Batmans character.Making him into a cowardly killer killing people in cowardly fashion when it was unnessary and making him look like a wuss in a fight getting the crap beat out of him by one goon-the jokers in the end,that was laughable and a disgrace to Batmans character.Batman Forever at least showed the true martial arts expert he was taking on 6 guys in the beginning and beating those guys up.Thats why Batman Begins is easily the best Batman movie,great casting for bruce wayne-keaton was so miscast in that role,stressing that Batman wont kill to bring criminals to justice,and showing the great martial arts expert he is.Begins made Forever,the one fairly good Batman movie actually look pretty bad in comparison.

Zod4Life
It was a good movie.It was better than Returns.

Zod4Life
Well to me.

DarkAge
ANYTHING is better than Returns. I think I'll go start a poll so we can vote on this.

Mr Parker
So does that mean you agree with me as well that even Batman and Robin was better than Returns. big grin Both those films were horrible but I hate Returns even worse,what they did to The Penguis one of my favorite villains of Batmans was a disgrace. mad

vvvrulz
Really, again i'm the completely opposite here Parker, lol. I thought Robin was freakin pathetic, one of the worst movies ever made, and thats no exaggeration either. Returns was at least darker and less campier, although I too feel that the Penguin was kinda wasted. Catwoman and Batman were terrific though I felt.

I dunno, matter of opinion.

Myth
I always wished that Catwoman would have come back in the other Batmans. Pfeifer I thought did a good job and it clearly showed that she was still alive.

vvvrulz
They even hinted on her return, but as soon as Burton left the saddle, the whole sequence went out the window. I think it was probably just a matter of time before Billy-Dee Williams became two-face as well.

Mr Parker
Really, again i'm the completely opposite here Parker, lol. I thought Robin was freakin pathetic, one of the worst movies ever made, and thats no exaggeration either. Returns was at least darker and less campier, although I too feel that the Penguin was kinda wasted. Catwoman and Batman were terrific though I felt.

I dunno, matter of opinion.

Thats why I thought Returns was even more horrible than Batman and Robin because B& R at least didnt try and be serious and was awful at the same time where Returns DID try and be serious and was horribly written.Well we at least agree about The Penguin.Get rid of Danny Devitos horrible acting performance and stupid Penguin in Returns and I might feel differently.Well no I wont because that idiot Burton once again had Batman killing people in cowardly ways like putting the bomb in the pants of that goon of The Penguins,that is just so Un Batman. mad

Mr Parker
I always wished that Catwoman would have come back in the other Batmans. Pfeifer I thought did a good job and it clearly showed that she was still alive.

Yeah I would like to have seen her return as well.She was the ONLY good thing about Returns.

bakerboy
Yes, Michelle was the only good thing about batman returns. I hate all the four previous batman movies but at least, in the second one was michelle pfeiffer as catwoman. She was amazing.

vvvrulz
Parker > Yeah im starting to see what you mean now, Batman's philosophy was never to kill his opponents, yet he seemed to do so in Burton's two flicks.

However to Burtons credit, I think he made Gotham City appear exactly as it should have been, dark and menacing. Batman himself was a tortured soul and a bit of a loner, unlike the Clooney batman who was just a charismatic tosh.

Mr Parker
Yeah that was one of the few thiongs Burton did right in his Batman movies was the set design for them showing how Gothem is dark and menacing.

systemshock2
After recently watching Forever after a few years, I'd have to say that if anything it seemed refreshing. It was aimed to be a summer popcorn movie and it certainly accomplished that. Good action with lots of special effects. Storywise it's not the best, but it's not the worst neither. And there are some serious scenes within Forever, such as every scene involving the red book, or Bruce's interaction with the newly orphaned Robin. And seeing Carrey's Nygma transform from a dedicated and enthusiastic employee of Bruce's to his alter-ego was done very good as well. The movie could have toned down some of the neon, but there was still some great looking scenery around if you looked for it, such as Meridian's office, the batcave, Nygma's apartment, and two-face headquarter. About the only thing that didn't work all around was Jones's Two-Face. Everybody is right when they said it was too over-the-top. IMHO about the only time we see a true glimpse of Two-Face is at the end before he dies, when Batman asks him about flipping his coin and Two-Face quietly says something like "Why yes of course bruce, emotion is the enemy of justice, you've been a good friend" or something like that.

Mr Parker
Good well thought out post SystemShock,thanks for coming on and sharing your thoughts. smile

Stealth Agent
The first batman was the best. More because i hated the others one more.
Batman Returns - Even though I liked 2 the penguin was, a fat nasty slob. In the comics he was the cool guy with the umbrella and tux. I didn think cat woman was good though.
Batman Forever - To much neon. It was way to corny, with the way all the goons were waring corny outfits. It wqas just lame.
Batman and Robin - I can't remember this one but its the same as Forever.

Batman - yes batman killed the Joker in the end despite that it seemed to be a good movie.

bakerboy
Please, batman forever was crap, as the other three batman movies before batman begins. The script was a joke and the villains were gay an too over the top. Its just a bad movie.

Mr Parker
Yeah all four before Begins were all horrible in one way or another.

peejay88
My main gripe with the Schumacher and Burton films is how they didn't stay true to the characters as they are portrayed in the comic books. Their personality, appearance, origins, everything was out of whack here. Burton got the Penguin very, very wrong, although i thought that Devito was very good, if you imagine him in the role of the suave kind of Penguin then i think he could of pulled that off. Also, why the hell was Harvey Dent black? The main problem was the costumes and set design though (except not in the Burton movies, which were very good), they put you off immediately without listening or watching to one minute of the Schumacher films. Nipples and butt-shot? Neon Lights everywhere, huge staues of naked men?? Joel Schumachers gay fantasy, if you ask me. big grin Also the sonar suit and that kinda gimmicky, 'let's bring out another crappy figure with special features!' costume and batmobile design sucked. Pffffft, i'm gunna go and lie down!

systemshock2
Good well thought out post SystemShock,thanks for coming on and sharing your thoughts. smile

Thanks.

vvvrulz
> Systemshock, I agree with you on most counts, there were definately elements in the movie which were properly done, which gives it a heads up of the awful Batman and Robin. However because Two-Face pops up virtually everywhere in the movie, its very hard to sit down and take it seriously because every ten minutes it gets ruined by more campy moments.

As for Shumacher's gay fantasies.. well the images he threw on pretty much speak for themselves. Nasty stuff.

williamdefalco
Batman forever was okay. Not like today's comic book movies, but then again comic book movies and their realism factors didn't exist back then.

systemshock2
I'm not sure if anyone has read this information before, but apparently Forever has about 40 minutes worth of cut scenes, some of which that, according to those who have read about them or seen them, would have made Forever better than Batman 89'. (Maybe this one will even cut down on the neon and campiness and such). There's too much good info to describe it here so I've provided a link that details all of it. Rumor has it a SE Forever DVD that contains these cut scenes will finally be released to coincide with the Begins DVD, but until then enjoy at what could've been.

www(dot)batman-on-film(dot)com/opinion_scissorpuppy_forever.html

Sorry for the weird linkage but it seems I can't post links yet.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by peejay88
My main gripe with the Schumacher and Burton films is how they didn't stay true to the characters as they are portrayed in the comic books. Their personality, appearance, origins, everything was out of whack here. Burton got the Penguin very, very wrong, although i thought that Devito was very good, if you imagine him in the role of the suave kind of Penguin then i think he could of pulled that off. Also, why the hell was Harvey Dent black? The main problem was the costumes and set design though (except not in the Burton movies, which were very good), they put you off immediately without listening or watching to one minute of the Schumacher films. Nipples and butt-shot? Neon Lights everywhere, huge staues of naked men?? Joel Schumachers gay fantasy, if you ask me. big grin Also the sonar suit and that kinda gimmicky, 'let's bring out another crappy figure with special features!' costume and batmobile design sucked. Pffffft, i'm gunna go and lie down!

Yeah and it all started with Batmans character making him into a cowardly killer.The Joker was well done but Batmans character wasnt.I couldnt stand Devito in Returns.Normally he is great in everything he does but he was trying way too hard to be funny but wasnt at all.I think Burton was confused when making that Movie and thought he was making a sequel to Beetlejuice the way he made the penguin look because he looked exactly like keaton looked in that film. big grin The Penguin was portrayed horribly in that movie.I sure hope Nolan redoes his character like he is doing with Two Face and yeah in all of the movies they went overboard with statues of naked men.

DarkAge
You know, I've been thinking about it, and Batman Forever was actually an ok movie for little kids. It did have a lot of cool imagery and shit like that. This movie was among the first few exposures I had to Batman, and when I first saw it as a little boy I thought it was cool. I can distinctly remember drawing the Riddler's question mark bat symbol all over my schoolbooks. It's just that to the older, more hardore Batfan that I have become, the movie is a betrayal of the tone of the comic books.

EsteemedLeader
i liked it. it was way better than that FU***NG BATMAN BEGINS!!!!! that movie should burn in hell

EsteemedLeader
carreys acting was more a nod to the golden age version of the riddler, wearing tights and hopping around like a lunatic and being really flashy with a flair for drama.

tpaquin
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
carreys acting was more a nod to the golden age version of the riddler, wearing tights and hopping around like a lunatic and being really flashy with a flair for drama.

I'd say it was more silver-age. Golden age he pretty much just snooped around and riddled people.

EsteemedLeader
hhhhhmmmmm,................... too true...............government brainwashing.................

Mr Parker
i liked it. it was way better than that FU***NG BATMAN BEGINS!!!!! that movie should burn in hell

Your joking around right? big grin I think Batman Forever was the only halfway decent Batman movie made before Batman Begins was made,but Batman Begins makes Batman Forever look like crap.

DarkAge
Word.

Zod4Life
Batman '89 was the best of the four and Batman Forever was better than Returns.

EsteemedLeader
it goes:
1. batman
2. batman returns
3. batman forever
4. batman & robin(way underrated.this is funnier than most comedies)
5. mask of the phantasm
6. batman the movie with adam west
7. subzero
8. batman beyond:return of the joker
9. batman begins

Zod4Life
That's not how it goes for me.

I haven't seen Batman Begins yet but I know that I will rank it best Batman movie of all time when I do see it.

For me it goes:
1.Batman Begins
2.Batman '89
3.Batman Forever
4.Batman Returns
5.Batman:Mask of the Phantasm

Haven't seen Batman & Robin yet so I can't rank it yet.

vvvrulz
Put that one last and save yourself a couple of hours.

Red Superfly

You. Have. Got. To. Be. F*cking. Joking.

no expression

As for Batman Forever, I can still watch it. It's a fun popcorn movie and I like Carreys Riddler, because it's like the classic 60's version.

Begins blew every one of them out of the water. I bet it was too "boring" for some kids and their idiot brains to handle ("where is teh lightsab0rz duuuuuh?"wink. I loved and prefferred the slower pace and gritty realism. It was everything I wanted in a Batman movie. Ha stupid kids, I hope they cried.

Mr Parker
Wow I cant belive how there are so many people here who could care less how Burton Butchered Batmans character and made Batman into a cowardly killer and made such a horrible casting Choice in Keaton actually picking Burtons Batman movies over Batman Begins,Begins blows all the other four out of the water as a Batman movie easily.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You. Have. Got. To. Be. F*cking. Joking.

no expression

As for Batman Forever, I can still watch it. It's a fun popcorn movie and I like Carreys Riddler, because it's like the classic 60's version.

Begins blew every one of them out of the water. I bet it was too "boring" for some kids and their idiot brains to handle ("where is teh lightsab0rz duuuuuh?"wink. I loved and prefferred the slower pace and gritty realism. It was everything I wanted in a Batman movie. Ha stupid kids, I hope they cried.

well said Red Superfly.A rare moment we agree with each other.I just now read your post after finishing mine and it totally amazes me that we are so much in agreemnet about the truth on how Batman Begins blows the other four crappy Batman movies out of the water. big grin

EsteemedLeader
well, the movie skipped around time periods in the begining, everything was brown (am i the only one who noticed that? tell me im wrong) and the movie was to surreal, like it would make more sense if you watched it while high. ra's was always a cocky in-your-face guy. he wouldnt have had ubu pose as him, since he feared no man and, thus, no assassination attempt. they toned him down to much. he was supposed to snap and fight with rage at mankind. and scarecrow was a lacky? that sucked. and he was defeated by rachel with a tazer-gun. first, anyone who can take bats cant be stopped by a tazer. second, if this is this past, how come they have tazer guns? another thing, if the bat-car-thing (i cant call that thing the batmobile) was designed to build bridges, how come it had all that stealth,and missiles. and that raises the point that bat didnt design the stuff himself, which he should. that just takes away from his character, buying it like that. instead of a cool final fight with ra's, theres a short little duel on the train. and they kept repeating cool scenes, like the way batman does that swoop-down-and-grab-you thing...three times, all of them almost identical. more reasons but probly to long already.

vvvrulz
Most of those are actually pretty valid points I must say, but theyre all somewhat minor. Thats what holds it above everything else (bar '89 Batman IMO, sorry Mr.Parker :P). It had no MAJOR flaws, it had a very good batman, very good subcast, ok villains, but not great, good sets, good direction.. etc ...

It was superior to Forever and co. by a country mile, and thats what makes it such a good movie.

28Dave37
two-face acted way too much like joker

Mr Parker
well, the movie skipped around time periods in the begining, everything was brown (am i the only one who noticed that? tell me im wrong) and the movie was to surreal, like it would make more sense if you watched it while high. ra's was always a cocky in-your-face guy. he wouldnt have had ubu pose as him, since he feared no man and, thus, no assassination attempt. they toned him down to much. he was supposed to snap and fight with rage at mankind. and scarecrow was a lacky? that sucked. and he was defeated by rachel with a tazer-gun. first, anyone who can take bats cant be stopped by a tazer. second, if this is this past, how come they have tazer guns? another thing, if the bat-car-thing (i cant call that thing the batmobile) was designed to build bridges, how come it had all that stealth,and missiles. and that raises the point that bat didnt design the stuff himself, which he should. that just takes away from his character, buying it like that. instead of a cool final fight with ra's, theres a short little duel on the train. and they kept repeating cool scenes, like the way batman does that swoop-down-and-grab-you thing...three times, all of them almost identical. more reasons but probly to long already.

Yeah like he said all those things are just minor things though where Batman 89 was a sin with the casting choice of keaton someone who did not even come close to fitting the role of bruce wayne-which is why I prefer Batman Forever over the two before it since Kilmer at least DID fit the role,batman being a wuss getting the crap beat out of him by the jokers goon,killing people in cowardly ways-totally unaccectable for a batman movie,then the biggest sin of all killing the joker,that totally betrayed the comicbook.the movie being all about the joker with batman having only a supporting character,not being able to understand his motivations for fighting crime,and batman should have been wanted for murder at the end instead of being treated like a hero.That movie was just so horribly written it was a joke.where again the things you mentioned as someone just pointed out where all just minor little things.Those things In Batman 89 were unnacceptable for a batflick.Burton and samm hamn should be tarred and feathered for such a montrocity. mad

Tron Bonne
Its sucked

DarkAge
WTF IS THAT IN YOUR SIG.

Myth
OMFG! laughing

Lets see how long until they make you change that.

Lady_Jade
I hated it. A lot of people liked it and liked Val Kilmer as Batman but I didn't. I hate when they get a different actor to play a character. I wish they would just stick with the original guy >_<

Myth
A lot of people liked it? I don't think so. A lot of people saw it, but not many (ratio wise) liked it. However, I thought Kilmer was fine.

Lady_Jade
I was surprised myself but yes, at least a lot of people I know liked it. I thought it was crap.

TwoFace2
I like BATMAN FOREVER, too. There are parts that are ridiculous. Like Bruce's TV Watch, the tunnel between Wayne Building and the Batcave, and the bat rope that went through the bank wall easily, but it won't come back out. Lol.

Smashed a coffee pot over some guy's head, "Caffiene will kill ya!" HILARIOUS.

vvvrulz
Yeah I too thought that whole tunnel bit was ridiculous.

FLIPMODE
OMG!!
Tron Bonne....Nice Sig. Im surprised it got up there!!! What the hell is that from????

Anyhow, Batman actually showed some promise but was killed with a horrible set, crazy neon, dumb goons, Purple horshoes, and red baloons. And Tommy Lee Jones. Riddler was actually the joker in a different suit. They made it seem that Batman only gets head cases as villains, but not intellectuals, which is untrue.

So my lisi is:

1-Batman '89
2-Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
3-Batman-Mask of The Phantasm
4-Batman Begins
5-Batman Returns
6-Batman Forever
7-Batman andRobin
8-Batman:Mystery of the Batwoman

sevenman
That shit SUCKED. You SUCK!

sevenman
My list.

1. BATMAN MASK OF THE PHANTASM
2. BATMAN 1966 (Bat-Shark-Repelant. **** you.)
3. BATMAN 1989
4. BATMAN BEGINS
5. BATMAN SUB ZERO
6. BATMAN RETURNS
7. BATMAN BEYOND RETURN OF THE JOKER
8. BATMAN FOREVER
9. BATMAN & ROBIN
10. BATMAN MYSTERY OF THE BATWOMAN

"BATWOMAN"? Oh my god. What the ****?

sevenman
Originally posted by Tron Bonne
Its sucked DAMN STRAIGHT!

rox
i loved the riddler. riddler was the best thing about this movie

vaya_the_elf
^ Agrees

Kelly Renee
I hate it...

'Batman Forever' and 'Batman & Robin' Make me sick to my stomach..

sevenman
It should have been a trilogy.

BATMAN
BATMAN RETURNS
BATMAN FOREVER

All directed by Tim Burton with Micheal Keaton no bat bimbos and no Robin. Truly more sad than a ****** starving in Africa or a thousand pound eating quarter pounder cheese burgers from McDonalds.

lil pimp
OK I want to now why some people did not like bf? I loved the movie for these reasons:1:Batman was real tall and bruce looked and acted like bruce. 2:It was good for all ages.3:Finally robin was in it for the people who like robin.4:Alot of good fight scenes that were fast pase with good camera angles.5:Nicole Kidman.6:A girl in a S&M costume on.
7:Jim carrey's comedy had me laghing like crazy.8:Batmobile was kickass plus there was the batplane and batboat.9:Good soundtrack.10:Two Great villans.11,Dark but not that dark.12:Great ending with batman and robin running side by side in front of the batsighnal.13:Went Straight to the action and did not drag itself for a half an hour.14,Did not portray batman as a killer.15:And did not try to be too realistic.

Now if you liked the movie tell me why and if you did not like the movie tell me why but without sounding like a jackass! Thank you.

peejay88
With batman Forever there was something i didn't quite like, i'm not sure what it is but i cant watch the film without feeling a bit disappointed. I thought there was too much illumination, it looked like lazer quest or something, i didn't notice the nipples until people started complaining about them now they're all i notice when i watch the film, also the gratuites butt-shot. The car was awful IMO, it didn't look intimidating or lethal. I think the editing was pretty poor also, the movie just kinda hopped from scene to scene in a crazy fashion. Robin was way too old, considering the film was meant to be showing his origin. The score was awful terrible IMO it just made the movie footage seem tacky and camp! (which is pretty much the theme of this film). I'm not flaming here i'm just giving my opinion and IMO this film missed the mark (like Batman returns and Batman 89, but they were atleast good as films and entertaining) I also though Val kilmer was a worse choice for Batman than Keaton, Keaton looked more like Bruce Wayne IMO, whether that was because Kilmer had light hair, i don't know! But i suppose that's kinda trivial, i didn't feel any empathy with the Bruce wayne character in BF like i got in the Burton movies and to some extent BB.

wuTa
they ****ed up two-face is charactor, he's not a clown with twos-sides, he has a split personalty which they did not even come close to portraying, batman was not portrayed as dark as he shoulda been, when robin the boy wonder is portrayed darker than the dark knight than you know there is a problem....the directing sucked and so did the script, i could go on but to be honest this is a dead issue, i;ve alread been over it a thousand times, the only thing good was jim carrey and not even his talents could save this disaster, but at least its better than Batman and Robin

OtterVomit
The scene were Two-Face kept flipping the coin until he got the result he wanted (which was to kill his supposed long-time friend Bruce Wayne) nearly made me walk out on this film. I am not sure what the hell they were trying to do with Two-Face, but whatever it was they failed and at the same time robbed us of a great character. Acually all the characters in this movie were pretty scaled down to lowest comon denominator status. This film was filled with so many cheesy cliche lines and situations that I honestly think it was made to pay homage to the campy Adam West tv show. Most anyone who is a fan of the comic books groans when they see this movie.

cameron666
I loved this one. it is way better than begins

pmike
2 things ticked me off with this movie

1.bat-nipples,this made batman and robin look 'kinky' imo
2.not dark enough-to colourful which is just not batmans character

i think apart from this the movie woz quite good especially because jim carrey and tommy lee jomes are in it

Red Superfly
For everything Forever got right, it got something wrong.

Half great, half toe-curlingly bad.

Most of the good stuff involved Carrey's Riddler too.

bakerboy
Its more difficult to post what is good about batman forever. The movie was pretty bad, the direction the same, the script and the lines chessy, the gay style, niples on the batman suit, robin sucked, two face sucked, riddler sucked, etc, etc. The only mid good thing was that val kilmer at least looked like bruce wayne and played him as he supposed to be, and michael gough playing alfred. The rest was crap.

Batman Returns
i like BF simply cuz i was at the hieght of my batman "phase" as a kid, and i grew up with the first 2 burton films mainly, but BF i remember REALLY being into, and i think i saw it twice. mainly, i like it for memories. yes, also cuzit was straightfoward and had some pretty decent action. it was constantly on the briom of being a bad batman mvoie and being a good batman movie, but now when i watch it, there are just SO many kiddie things i dont like. some parts were good, yet others just sucked. cant say that about the burton films, those were BRILLIANT. BF was just too flashy, litterally, those neon lights, i did NOT like the batmobile, burtons kicks the most ass. and jim carrey and tom jones villians were just DORKY AS HELL, though for me as a small kid, it was fun and exciting, and still brings back memories.

all in all, the nostolgic feel i get when watching BF is the only thing keeping me from not turning off the TV. by the time B&R came out, i was going through my SW phase, and well, B&R sucked all around.

bakerboy
Batman forever sucked so much as the burton movies .

Silverstein
i thought Val Kilmer was a cool batman and the batmobile wasnt that bad, but i hated everything else. The Riddler and Two face were too over the top. Everything else just plain sucked.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by bakerboy
Batman forever sucked so much as the burton movies .

you are one arrogant, ignorant basterd. go to the BB, aka. nolan ass kissing boards, not here where ppl arent as ignorant towards the other movies. you obviously wouldnt know a good movie if it bit you in the ass, so shut up. ppl here are open minded, you are so in the closet with your secret BB obsession and its getting old. ok, you hate burton and wish he were dead, fine, but dont go posting hate messages in a forum where all different bat fans of all the films post, cuz then you just look foolish and rude.

ph and val kilmer looked too girly behind the cowl, he had "baby face" with those pouty lips. come to think of it, bale has that problem too. they both have a girly kinda look with the lips when wearing the cowl. hm.......keaton pwns. cool

OtterVomit
Originally posted by Batman Returns
you are one arrogant, ignorant basterd. go to the BB, aka. nolan ass kissing boards, not here where ppl arent as ignorant towards the other movies. you obviously wouldnt know a good movie if it bit you in the ass, so shut up. ppl here are open minded, you are so in the closet with your secret BB obsession and its getting old. ok, you hate burton and wish he were dead, fine, but dont go posting hate messages in a forum where all different bat fans of all the films post, cuz then you just look foolish and rude.

ph and val kilmer looked too girly behind the cowl, he had "baby face" with those pouty lips. come to think of it, bale has that problem too. they both have a girly kinda look with the lips when wearing the cowl. hm.......keaton pwns. cool

And you do realize that your post is basically the antithesis of an "open minded" attitude, don't you?

Many, many Batman fans do not like the Burton films.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by OtterVomit
And you do realize that your post is basically the antithesis of an "open minded" attitude, don't you?

Many, many Batman fans do not like the Burton films.

yes im sayin this cuz there is WAY too much burton hate that is not needed. the movies gave something to batman in a very positive way, and ppl got such nerve to not give credit where credit is due. its sad really, a real shame how bat-fans have gotten so ignorant due to, you guessed it, batman begins. and it wasnt even that good! ppl like me like all the bat films, not just one. and i prefer burtons over the rest. is that a crime? is that wrong of me? hell no! and the way things are goin, its a shame! burton made some of the best batman films to date! and ppl dont see that! instead, they prefer schumacher or nolan or some sh** liek that. it makes me sick, and sad. burton made works of art. nolan tried, but for me, thats IMO, i wasnt diggin it. so there.

as for many ppl hate burton films, i defiently wouldnt say "many, many ppl", i'd say "alot", cuz there are thrice that amount that absolutly LOVE the burton films, and considering keaton is STILL the most successful batman to date, i would reconsider that statement. he made more money doing batman then anyone else, and keaton was SO good, that if they couldnt find a new batman that was right for the role, WB would have paid keaton whatever he wanted to come back as batman. obviously keaton did something right, and let me say, HE DID. thats why he rules. im not making this up, i found out on SSH a while back. most of the ppl i know did not like BB when compared to the burton films. they say things like "BB was too boring" or "it was a good movie, but not a great batman movie" and almost EVERYONE i know loves the "first batman" more then the "new batman". thats pure opinion, so what are ya gonna do aboiut it?

quoting you "there are many, many ppl who dont like the nolan movie". stick out tongue

SpyCspider
mostly the over the top villains....2 Face became too corny, rather than a dramatic villain fighting his own inner demons. Riddler too "jokerish."

I didn't like the theme song. Was it me or was Schumacher trying to make BF kinda "Dick Tracyish?" (with all the bold neon colors, gangsters, etc). I don't think it reminded me of 1960s Bats...but definitely Dick Tracy.

As for Kilmer's Bats, I thought he was OK because he tried to emulate Keaton's Bats (with the gritty voice and angry scowl). He just didnt' have the same intimidating presence. His Wayne looked confused a lot even though he had the pretty boy billionaire look. I bet Schumacher was trying to do a "transition phase" for Batman. Trying not to forget what audiences loved about Keaton's Bats but also adding his own touch of campiness that he unfortunately let all out in B & R.

Harvey Dent
yes im sayin this cuz there is WAY too much burton hate that is not needed. the movies gave something to batman in a very positive way, and ppl got such nerve to not give credit where credit is due. its sad really, a real shame how bat-fans have gotten so ignorant due to, you guessed it, batman begins. and it wasnt even that good!

1. Opinion. (I don't care for you're useless opinions. The movie got 2 thumbs way up by Ebert & Roeper. Ebert went on to say that it was one of the best movies of the year. I'll take their opinion over a nobody like you any day of the week.)

ppl like me like all the bat films, not just one. and i prefer burtons over the rest. is that a crime? is that wrong of me? hell no! and the way things are goin, its a shame! burton made some of the best batman films to date! and ppl dont see that!

2. You don't see sh!t. Another useless opinion of yours.

instead, they prefer schumacher or nolan or some sh** liek that. it makes me sick, and sad. burton made works of art. nolan tried, but for me, thats IMO, i wasnt diggin it. so there.

3. Another opinion. (and now you convinced me that you are a Burton FANBOY!)

as for many ppl hate burton films, i defiently wouldnt say "many, many ppl", i'd say "alot", cuz there are thrice that amount that absolutly LOVE the burton films

4. Opinion. And no there isn't.

and considering keaton is STILL the most successful batman to date, i would reconsider that statement. he made more money doing batman then anyone else,

5. Now you convinced me that you are a moron. Wait till Batman Begins 2 comes out and when Bale has more than one Batman movie under his belt. He WILL DETHRONE KEATON. It's just a matter of time untill he does more money. NOW GO CRY FANBOY.

So stupid of you to say that Keaton brought in the most money - he's the only actor that played Batman more than ONCE!! DUHHH!

and keaton was SO good,

6. You are SO FANBOY.

that if they couldnt find a new batman that was right for the role, WB would have paid keaton whatever he wanted to come back as batman.

7. SO SOOOO FANBOY. Do you love Keaton?

obviously keaton did something right, and let me say, HE DID. thats why he rules. im not making this up, i found out on SSH a while back. most of the ppl i know did not like BB when compared to the burton films. they say things like "BB was too boring" or "it was a good movie, but not a great batman movie" and almost EVERYONE i know loves the "first batman" more then the "new batman". thats pure opinion, so what are ya gonna do aboiut it?

8. Opinion's are like assholes, everyone has one. There are no stupid opinion's, just stupid people.

Batman Returns
shut up harvey dent sh** head. your opinions suck so bad, just STFU already. you dont agree with me, FINE. but dont make stupid posts like parker and bakerboy. damn. how immature. roll eyes (sarcastic) and thanks for proveing my theory, my posts actually come to a point while yours, parkers and bakerboys are just childish insults and pointless rants and curse words. big grin stick out tongue

Bardock42
I like Batman 89 very much...but BB was better....Batman Returns and Forever were aboot the same level...not great but they didn't suck.....anyone claiming B&R was a good movie or even a good Batman Movie should be shot.....I'd even sponsor the Bullet.....

Batman Returns
BR as good as BF??? not in my book. burton had so much in BR to see and look at, and it was more faithful to the characters then BF was. plus, burtons genius and dark look made the movie the perfect enviroment to put batman in. schumacher was SO DAMN BRIGHT, IT HURTS MY EYES!!! eek! i dont know how you can compare BR and BF, there so different! and you can tell wich one is better.... cool

Bardock42
BR as good as BF??? not in my book. burton had so much in BR to see and look at, and it was more faithful to the characters then BF was. plus, burtons genius and dark look made the movie the perfect enviroment to put batman in. schumacher was SO DAMN BRIGHT, IT HURTS MY EYES!!! eek! i dont know how you can compare BR and BF, there so different! and you can tell wich one is better.... cool

Well I am not a big fan of BR...although Walken is in it......BF was shiny and all indeed...it screwed up Two Face and what not...but it was a Movie that one could watch without having t kill themself.......and Riddlers crazyness..although not really true to character was fun....

Mr Parker
Originally posted by lil pimp
OK I want to now why some people did not like bf? I loved the movie for these reasons:1:Batman was real tall and bruce looked and acted like bruce. 2:It was good for all ages.3:Finally robin was in it for the people who like robin.4:Alot of good fight scenes that were fast pase with good camera angles.5:Nicole Kidman.6:A girl in a S&M costume on.
7:Jim carrey's comedy had me laghing like crazy.8:Batmobile was kickass plus there was the batplane and batboat.9:Good soundtrack.10:Two Great villans.11,Dark but not that dark.12:Great ending with batman and robin running side by side in front of the batsighnal.13:Went Straight to the action and did not drag itself for a half an hour.14,Did not portray batman as a killer.15:And did not try to be too realistic.

Now if you liked the movie tell me why and if you did not like the movie tell me why but without sounding like a jackass! Thank you.

Yeah Schumacher gets way too much criticism that he doesnt deserve.With Batman and Robin he deserves the abuse he gets but Batman Forever he does not.of all the batman movies made before begins Batman Forever was the only one I thought was halfway decent because of all the good points you made.Like you said,1.batman was tall and Kilmer acted like Bruce Wayne for once.2.it WAS good for all ages unlike the first two films.3.also it was great to see robin in it as well just like you said.Only O'donnel should never have been cast for the part.He ruined the film more than anything else.He was so miscast.4.Yeah there were great fight scens in it like you said and we finally got to see batman display his martial arts skills that was not evident in the first two films.yeah carreys comedy was hilarious.yeah I also liked it because like you said it went straight to the action and did not drag on boringly for the first hour in a half.also batman was not portrayed as a killer just like you said.something else I would like to add on why I dontr think its near as bad as the first two films is it also focused on batman for once and it wasnt all about the villains with batman having just a supporting role in it for once.
Happy Dance Plus the movie explained his origin story in detail,something that SHOULD have been explained in the first one but for some inexplicable reason,wasnt.great points pimp.

Mr Parker
yes im sayin this cuz there is WAY too much burton hate that is not needed. the movies gave something to batman in a very positive way, and ppl got such nerve to not give credit where credit is due. its sad really, a real shame how bat-fans have gotten so ignorant due to, you guessed it, batman begins. and it wasnt even that good! ppl like me like all the bat films, not just one. and i prefer burtons over the rest. is that a crime? is that wrong of me? hell no! and the way things are goin, its a shame! burton made some of the best batman films to date! and ppl dont see that! instead, they prefer schumacher or nolan or some sh** liek that. it makes me sick, and sad. burton made works of art. nolan tried, but for me, thats IMO, i wasnt diggin it. so there.

as for many ppl hate burton films, i defiently wouldnt say "many, many ppl", i'd say "alot", cuz there are thrice that amount that absolutly LOVE the burton films, and considering keaton is STILL the most successful batman to date, i would reconsider that statement. he made more money doing batman then anyone else, and keaton was SO good, that if they couldnt find a new batman that was right for the role, WB would have paid keaton whatever he wanted to come back as batman. obviously keaton did something right, and let me say, HE DID. thats why he rules. im not making this up, i found out on SSH a while back. most of the ppl i know did not like BB when compared to the burton films. they say things like "BB was too boring" or "it was a good movie, but not a great batman movie" and almost EVERYONE i know loves the "first batman" more then the "new batman". thats pure opinion, so what are ya gonna do aboiut it?

quoting you "there are many, many ppl who dont like the nolan movie". stick out tongue

this is for any burton fan besides Batman Returns to answer,its not to him.Yeah whatever.The hate Burton gets he rightly deserves because he screwed up the batman movies even worse than schumacher did except for batman and robin of course.if anything,there is way too much schumacher hate for batman forever that is NOT needed.Burtons batman movies did nothing but portray him as a cowardly killer,thats not portraying him in a positive way. roll eyes (sarcastic) Nolans batman film DID portray him in a positive way.credit is not due to burton at all.they havent gotten ignorant,some have just seen the light how crappy and awful burtons batman movies are is all.no its not a crime to prefer burtons batman films over begins it just shows you dont have any knowledge of batman and how burtons batman movies betrayed and butchered his character is all.when people such as harvey debt point out to you how you childishly attack everybody when they criticise burton you go on an insult rampage,and thats totally uncalled for.maybe they prefer nolans batman or batman forever like pimp does because unlike you,they are able to see how crappy burtons batman movies are and WHY they are so crappy.burton made no works of art in batman,he has with other movies,but he failed miserably with batman.

your making this up big time because thats totally false,most people over at shh have voted batman begins was much better than batman 89,and most of them have given it nothing but rave reviews.btw if keaton were so good as you claim,there would not have been so many people that have posted over the years on the net dishing him because of how physically wrong he was for the role.casting keaton for batman was like casting Burt Reynolds as boss hogg in the dukes of hazzard.In BOTH cases,they were both horribly miscast because they did not even come close to fitting their roles.because of that,they brought no credibility to the part.but the burton apologists such as yourself refuse to see that.

bakerboy
Good points, mr parker. Althought you know that our opinion about batman forever is different, we agree totally about those stupid tim burton movies who were totally unloyal to the batman mithos and were just bad movies. Just like the man spider movies.

Also, great post, harvey. But some childish people will go on insults as always, posting their opinion like a fact, what isnt in any way. Those certain people cant discuss, only goes on insults and childish things.

Also, the opinion that batman begins was so good and much better that the other four movies is so big that its usseles to keep the discussion. There are a clear winner and that its batman begins.

Harvey Dent
shut up harvey dent sh** head. your opinions suck so bad, just STFU already.

Why don't you make me shut up? And why are you so mad? did someone piss is your cornflakes? My Opinions PWN you, fanboy.

you dont agree with me, FINE. but dont make stupid posts like parker and bakerboy. damn. how immature.

Read everything you posted if you want to see something that's immature. See below for more information on how you're immature.

roll eyes (sarcastic) and thanks for proveing my theory, my posts actually come to a point while yours, parkers and bakerboys are just childish insults and pointless rants and curse words. big grin stick out tongue

Um...all you do is rant on how Burton is your god. And you tell people to STFU when someone doesn't agree wit you. All I do is prove you wrong and show the world how childish you sound. Do you know what a rant is? Funny that's all you've been doing on here is rant how you love Burton the best. If you can't see a rant there, then you're brain-dead.

In your words:

and keaton was SO good,

was that you who said that? or some kid in 7th grade?

You forgot to mention my point on how you're a moron. READ THIS AGAIN:

and considering keaton is STILL the most successful batman to date, i would reconsider that statement. he made more money doing batman then anyone else,

and here was my response:

Now you convinced me that you are a moron. Wait till Batman Begins 2 comes out and when Bale has more than one Batman movie under his belt. He WILL DETHRONE KEATON. It's just a matter of time untill he does more money. NOW GO CRY FANBOY.

So stupid of you to say that Keaton brought in the most money - he's the only actor that played Batman more than ONCE!! DUHHH!

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by bakerboy
Also, great post, harvey. But some childish people will go on insults as always, posting their opinion like a fact, what isnt in any way. Those certain people cant discuss, only goes on insults and childish things.

Also, the opinion that batman begins was so good and much better that the other four movies is so big that its usseles to keep the discussion. There are a clear winner and that its batman begins.

Thanks for the compliment. And I totally agree that there is a clear winner. They finally got Batman right in BB.

And yeah, i hate those childish posters that think their opinions are fact.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Harvey Dent

And yeah, i hate those childish posters that think their opinions are fact.

yeah, so why dont you stop posting? what are you, 9 years old? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and nobody listen to YOU baker boy, so go figure. if theres anyone to be called a little child, its YOU.

and thats your opinion that BB got batman right. burton also got batman right. stop acting like YOUR opinion equels fact. i know more then you about that.

Batman Returns
this is for any burton fan besides Batman Returns to answer,its not to him.Yeah whatever.The hate Burton gets he rightly deserves because he screwed up the batman movies .

after reading just this sentence of bull, i realized one thing: parker, your gay. and you obviosuly dont know what batman is all about. your ignorant towards the other films and that makes you a fool. along with all these other nolan ass kissers here. how bizarre. true bat fans would love ALL the films, but no, im surrounded by BB fanboys, not BATMAN fanboys. its sad. and pitiful.

Batman Returns
anyone, ANYONE who says BF is better then burton films.....omg.....SAD. SCARY. WRONG. confused blink

lil pimp
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I am not a big fan of BR...although Walken is in it......BF was shiny and all indeed...it screwed up Two Face and what not...but it was a Movie that one could watch without having t kill themself.......and Riddlers crazyness..although not really true to character was fun....

Holla!!

Batman Returns
Originally posted by Bardock42

ummm so what are you sayin? that you want to kill yourself watching BR?? omg, thats how i feel watching the schumacher trainwrecks!! omg, how could you tolerate carrey?? and jones??? omg, they ruined the characters SO bad, gave them a bad name!! it was SO hard to watch and enjoy! penguin was COOL AS HELL! and SCARY! and catwoman was HOT AS HELL. and burtons bat-vehicles were cool and sleek and NOT BRIGHT AND SHINY with NEON LIGHTS. batskiboat owns. batmissle too.

lil pimp
Yeah Schumacher gets way too much criticism that he doesnt deserve.With Batman and Robin he deserves the abuse he gets but Batman Forever he does not.of all the batman movies made before begins Batman Forever was the only one I thought was halfway decent because of all the good points you made.Like you said,1.batman was tall and Kilmer acted like Bruce Wayne for once.2.it WAS good for all ages unlike the first two films.3.also it was great to see robin in it as well just like you said.Only O'donnel should never have been cast for the part.He ruined the film more than anything else.He was so miscast.4.Yeah there were great fight scens in it like you said and we finally got to see batman display his martial arts skills that was not evident in the first two films.yeah carreys comedy was hilarious.yeah I also liked it because like you said it went straight to the action and did not drag on boringly for the first hour in a half.also batman was not portrayed as a killer just like you said.something else I would like to add on why I dontr think its near as bad as the first two films is it also focused on batman for once and it wasnt all about the villains with batman having just a supporting role in it for once.
Happy Dance Plus the movie explained his origin story in detail,something that SHOULD have been explained in the first one but for some inexplicable reason,wasnt.great points pimp.

Hola at your boy im back from a long trip and to see people answering my question and mr parker as always knows what hes talking about Hola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OtterVomit
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Harvey Dent
yeah, so why dont you stop posting? what are you, 9 years old? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and nobody listen to YOU baker boy, so go figure. if theres anyone to be called a little child, its YOU.

and thats your opinion that BB got batman right. burton also got batman right. stop acting like YOUR opinion equels fact.

It's also Roger Ebert's Opinion. I'm not even giving my opinion, a$$hole, I'm just stateing what the media is saying about the film.

You are the only ass clown on here that is stating their opinion as fact.

i know more then you about that.

Prove it?

You know jack-sh1t. Sounds like you are the 9 year old, because that's what a 9 year old would say. "umm I know more than you" shut UP!!!!
****** slaps Batman Returns*

Harvey Dent
after reading just this sentence of bull, i realized one thing: parker, your gay. and you obviosuly dont know what batman is all about. your ignorant towards the other films and that makes you a fool. along with all these other nolan ass kissers here. how bizarre. true bat fans would love ALL the films, but no, im surrounded by BB fanboys, not BATMAN fanboys. its sad. and pitiful.

The only fanboy and ass-kisser is you, Batman Returns.

How is he gay, just because he dislikes your favorite person in the world?

The only one who is gay is Batman Returns. he's the one who want to bang Burton in the a$$ becuase he loves him so much.

Harvey Dent

....true bat fans would love ALL the films....

ummm so what are you sayin? that you want to kill yourself watching BR?? omg, thats how i feel watching the schumacher trainwrecks!! omg, how could you tolerate carrey?? and jones??? omg, they ruined the characters SO bad, gave them a bad name!! it was SO hard to watch and enjoy!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
I need to roll my eyes a few more times. Yes, Batman Returns is a moron.

So he stated that a true batman fan would love ALLL of the films, but then he states how some of them make them kill himself.

So I guess he's not a true Batman fan. plus he hates BB.

Good job pointing out how you're a moron, Batman Returns.

And this isn't an opinion. You just proven it to be a FACT!!!!!

peejay88
The only fanboy and ass-kisser is you, Batman Returns.

The only one who is gay is Batman Returns. he's the one who want to bang Burton in the a$$ becuase he loves him so much.

It is possible to admire or idolise someone without wanting to bum them you know , since you dont agree, then youve got issues

Mr Parker
Harvey Dent,I strongly advise you to do what me bakerboy and Lil Pimp have done.Ignore Batman Returns.He is just on here seeking attention and to stir things up.

Mr Parker
Hola at your boy im back from a long trip and to see people answering my question and mr parker as always knows what hes talking about Hola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks my man. smile

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by peejay88
It is possible to admire or idolise someone without wanting to bum them you know , since you dont agree, then youve got issues

It's called a joke. He loves Burton so much, I just had to say it. Batman Returns is the one who think that if you don't like the Burton films then it makes you gay for some reason.

His logic is very weird.

Mr Parker
It's called a joke. He loves Burton so much, I just had to say it. Batman Returns is the one who think that if you don't like the Burton films then it makes you gay for some reason.

His logic is very weird.

Yeah he is one of those fan boys that doesnt know anything about logic or anything about Batman.That is the funniest post of his that I have seen yet full of illogic,that if you dont like ALL the batman films,your not a true fan,yet he has done nothing but dish schumacher and Nolan since he has come on here.guess he is not a true fan laughing laughing the guy has no credibility whatsoever. laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by cameron666
I loved this one. it is way better than begins

Your kidding right? It was way better than The first two burton films but no way was it better than Begins.

crimsonphoenix
I just saw batman forever just a couple of minutes ago on movie plex.
Ok anyways...I think the bf is just something for entrainment. I say it was to colorful with the black light paint and other sh**. I really didn't mind the nipple action much due to the fact I'm girl. The batmobile was ok,but i didn't like the blue on it.

lil pimp
Well blue is my favorite color so i loved it and it really looked like a bat in a way,but enough about that lets talk about the first 4 movies like i said before i liked all of them they all were different in thee own little way and yes i do like b&r becouse i like batman so much as a comicbook charecter that i dont want to give up hope when i was like 7,8,9,10,and i think 11 i thought that was the best movie in the world but now that im older its not the best but i still like becouse i think of it like it was a modified version of the 1960's classic batman or just as a comedy because it was funny as hell my favorite part was when batman took out that credictcard well those are my reasons for liking it and i liked the others to.

SpyCspider
I think whether a person likes the movie or not some times depends on your age and how exposed you were to comics.

When I was growing up, I thought the definitive Batman was the 1960s series and now I question the absurdity of the whole thing.

Mr Parker
ummm so what are you sayin? that you want to kill yourself watching BR?? omg, thats how i feel watching the schumacher trainwrecks!! omg, how could you tolerate carrey?? and jones??? omg, they ruined the characters SO bad, gave them a bad name!! it was SO hard to watch and enjoy! penguin was COOL AS HELL! and SCARY! and catwoman was HOT AS HELL. and burtons bat-vehicles were cool and sleek and NOT BRIGHT AND SHINY with NEON LIGHTS. batskiboat owns. batmissle too.

for the last time,only schumachers Batman and Robin was a trainwreck.maybe he could tolerate carrey because he was hysterical as the riddler. roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah jones ruined the character of two face but careey didnt.Devito more than anything ruined the penguins character big time with his horrible acting.devito gave the penguin a bad name and was incredibly hard to watch.carrey was fun to watch because he was hilarious unlike jones.after tim burtons crapfest batman movies,a major change like neon bright lights HAD to be made.He is right about one thing here other than the batmobile was shiny,yet that one of the few things that was better in the burton films that schumachers was the batmobile,but he DID hit the nail on the head that michelle phieffer was sexy as hell as catwoman. big grin

Mr Parker
anyone, ANYONE who says BF is better then burton films.....omg.....SAD. SCARY. WRONG. confused blink

No that would apply to the ones that say that about the burton films being better than batman forever. big grin

vvvrulz
I think you're kinda outnumbered there though Mr.Parker

big grin

Comic Book
Only good until, I grew up.

Comic Book
It's only good until I grew up. To kiddy and rubber nipples

Altar[1stONE]
This film was filled with so many cheesy cliche lines and situations that I honestly think it was made to pay homage to the campy Adam West tv show.

And you know what , it probably was . anyone recall the line "holy rusted metal batman, the ground its holey you know not rock". then batmans like "oh.." that scene made me laugh my ass off. Really its so cheesy i just make fun of it everytime.

lil pimp
the fight scenes in the burton movies were not very good it didnt look like batman was really trying, he'll just move an arm or a leg and it looked really slow and boring ,in bf the fight scenes were fast pace and good camera angels . i know ya people liked the first batmobile but i wasnt that crazy about it it looked slow and it looked like it had a pointy nipple in the front of it but dont get me wrong im not trying to nock it just that the bf batmobile looked more like a pimpmobile that jumpoff had the blue rims with the bat symbol on it, plus it had big ass wings on it ,plus the blue engine.Also about the nipples on the costume they weren't as bad as the ones in B&R and i think they made it up to me when he pulled out the prototype costume no nipples and the mouth peace had slashes on it .One more thing BF did alot better than BR in the box office and dvd sales and for the people that never read a batman comic book made easier for them to get into the movie, it had lots of action ,a creative plot ,and those lines you call cheezy is called comedy in the movie business.

lil pimp
You people got chill i think the batman trilogy is a masterpiece cuz check it ,each one was based on a different comicbook, burtons was based on the very first comic when batman use to kill ,schumakers were also based on the comics in a way there were comics that portrayed batman as a lighter chaerecter which people seem to forget and bb was just the begining of a new trilogy thats why it was a little boring but now that the story has been told the seqel should go straight to the action hopefully.But each one is different so if you dont like this one you can pick this one if you dont like that one you can pick another one plus there is more to come so quit bi*chen and be happy and if someone doesnt like the same one you do so what the hell with them, if you like be proud! HOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Parker
except when batman killed in the beginning,he only did so when it was absolutely neccessary and there was no other way out.thats why burtons batman movies are a disgrace to his character and its sad that so many people dont care how burtons batman movies butchered to death his character and how he made it more like a james bond flick than a batman movie.also it amazes me how people dont care how burton only cast keaton only because he felt comfortable working with him and did not care about making the best casting choice possible.batman was never a short runt who was half bald. roll eyes (sarcastic)

remins me of the casting choice of burt reynolds as boss hogg.in BOTH cases,you just got to raise your hands in the air and say WTF? mad

pmike
the fight scenes in the burton movies were not very good it didnt look like batman was really trying, he'll just move an arm or a leg and it looked really slow and boring ,in bf the fight scenes were fast pace and good camera angels .

WAT???????i think the fight scenes in BF were pathetic,the burton 1s were ace because they wer in a dark and scary atmosphere.i especially didnt see how a circus boy with no martial arts training could fight 20 or so armed men,this was to cartoony unlike the scary atmosphere of BR and B89

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>