wolverine vs iron man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
who will win

masterbruce
iron man, just stay in high altitude and fire away those beams at wolverine, whats wolverine gonna do...NOTHING

The MISTER
In case you weren't aware Marvel has said that Iron Man is extremely scared of Wolverine and will activate his self destruct mechanism if Logan ever gets angry with him.

Wolverine wins.

who?-kid
Wolverine wins. That is, if Tony Stark is sleeping in his armor.

FrothByte
you gotta be kidding me... wolverine is fried!!! unless the armor runs out of power and the crippled man has to fight wolvi carrying a hundred pounds of armor.

Lord S
Originally posted by The MISTER
In case you weren't aware Marvel has said that Iron Man is extremely scared of Wolverine and will activate his self destruct mechanism if Logan ever gets angry with him.

Wolverine wins. What the f**k? I detect sarcasm...I hope.

Iron Man fries that little mutie scrub.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lord S
Iron Man fries that little mutie scrub.
yes

BTW this has been done not once... not twice... but three times.

black robb
(My impersonation of a Wolverine fanboy)
OH MY GOD OF COURSE WOLVIE WOULD WIN HE COULD JUST JUMP IN THE AIR AND CHOP OFF IRON MAN'S HEAD!!! WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIINE!!! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

(thank you)

Lord S
The more the merrier, IMO.

jacobo0o

Wolverine wins.

iron has beaten villains and heros twice stronger than wolverine
and i think wolverine would even lose in a ground battle because
i doubt wolverine could outstand a missle from iron man and iron man also have force field to block his claw attack

black robb
Originally posted by jacobo0o

Wolverine wins.

iron has beaten villains and heros twice stronger than wolverine
and i think wolverine would even lose in a ground battle because
i doubt wolverine could outstand a missle from iron man and iron man also have force field to block his claw attack i think he was being sarcatisc...

jacobo0o
oh.. well heck

Metalmanx
Yea. This isn't that great a fight. I'd give it to panels at the most.

Iron Man. Easily.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Yea. This isn't that great a fight. I'd give it to panels at the most.

Iron Man. Easily. Four or Five.

Panel 1: Flippant line from IM or wolvie
Panel 2: Reaction shot and retort from the one who didn't get the first line
Panel 3: Wolverine leaps at Ironman
Panel 4: IM hits wolvie with a really large energy beam
Panel 5: An adamantium skeleton gripping Ironman's leg

K3VIL
Depends on starting situation and enviroment.
Isn't Wolverine invisible to radars and so like Ultimate Wolvie?
Cause if it's so:
In battle in a city scenario, Logan may sneak up on Iron Man, who hasn't the force field always turned on.
And Logan will need few hits to rip to pieces the armor and stab Stark's heart.
In a jungle scenario also Logan may do the same thing.
We also should remember Iron Man hasn't got the killer istinct and the thirst of blood like Logan, who even now, after over 100 years of fights and experience, is more riflessive but sometimes let the claws go out and prefer to beat down then do some questions.

olympian
The man of Iron. The man of the shining armour. The golden drunker.

Yeah thats right. Iron Man!

Creshosk
Originally posted by K3VIL
Cause if it's so:
In battle in a city scenario, Logan may sneak up on Iron Man, who hasn't the force field always turned on.
We also should remember Iron Man hasn't got the killer istinct and the thirst of blood like Logan, who even now, after over 100 years of fights and experience, is more riflessive but sometimes let the claws go out and prefer to beat down then do some questions. If you give Wolverine the stealth advantage.

Solidus Snake
IM blows wolvie in half

wolvies claws cant affect him.

Lord S
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
yes

BTW this has been done not once... not twice... but three times.
The more the merrier, IMO. Oops, I thought you meant IM fried Wolvie 3 times...

Metalmanx
I bet Wolverine doesn't even have the actual strength needed to pierce Iron Man's armor. I mean, this is Iron Man's armor, he's probably made it so thick and dense that something like that just couldn't happen.

I mean, Wolverine can't even stab Colossus because he's not strong enough. I would assume that that would mean that Wolverine couldn't pierce Iron Man's armor.

Pointinel
^lol

when was that?

Creshosk
I bet Wolverine doesn't even have the actual strength needed to pierce Iron Man's armor. I mean, this is Iron Man's armor, he's probably made it so thick and dense that something like that just couldn't happen.

I mean, Wolverine can't even stab Colossus because he's not strong enough. I would assume that that would mean that Wolverine couldn't pierce Iron Man's armor. He's got adamantium claws . . . What could he have made it out of that's light enough to not be a total drain on his sui's jets. . . and he's got the adamantium claws . . . and it couldn't be too thick considering his chest's volume adds to the total thickness of iron man. . . and did I mention the adamantium claws?

Pointinel
^4 real

keep dropping knowledge to this ignorant fools cres

uno

Dark Thor
Ironman has uni-blasts whatever that is. He can just stay in the air during the whole time and blast Wolverine until he's dead

CorderaMitchell
Iron man was beaten by wolverine with GREAT LUCK!!

First godzilla and now this?

xmarksthespot
It's amazing what lengths some will go to to ensure that Wolverine does not lose. The fight is Iron Man vs Wolverine. No prep.
If it was Wolverine vs a grounded Iron Man or Wolverine vs a sleeping Iron Man (why is he sleeping in the suit... it can't be comfortable) then the outcome could be different. But it's not.
Wolverine loses because Iron Man flies into the air and uses his weaponry to bring down Wolverine. He can dodge for a while, but not indefinitely.

CorderaMitchell
Why are you surprised, and you guys get mad when I say your own stupid comments on other threads. At least I didn't make it up.

CapCom

Wolverine wins.

Its not accurate to state offical Marvel Crossovers, or a singular example. Iron Man is an old character. He changes.

CorderaMitchell
indeed

Wolverine changes and noone else,lol.

Blair Wind
NO....wolverine does not change...he evolves to Galactus and comes back through time to be the Galactus we all know about......food for though........

bah Ironman kills him

Pointinel
^aint happening son

Scoobless
Originally posted by Creshosk
He's got adamantium claws . . . What could he have made it out of that's light enough to not be a total drain on his sui's jets. . . and he's got the adamantium claws . . . and it couldn't be too thick considering his chest's volume adds to the total thickness of iron man. . . and did I mention the adamantium claws?

well he had that S.K.I.N. stuff on his armour that's almost as strong as adamantium... plus it's not about thickness, strength or weight of a material that stops it from being cut.... it's the materials hardness.... IM could manufacture some type of ultra hard alloy to use as a top layer on his armour .... that would be pretty effective against a Wolverine strength opponent with sharp knives

wink

IM doesn't need prep to beat this runt though... he doesn't even need to move..... he could just stand there, use his shields and his sonics and Wolvy would be immobilised

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Pointinel
^aint happening son

Why, prove it, fight your own battles. wink

Pointinel
^man im tired

CorderaMitchell
goodnight, I want that proved soon though. smile

Zahit
anyone who thinks wolverine has a chance at beating iron man
in a no-prep fight......is smoking some mighty fine stuff.....
can i have some too? don't bogart, bitchez.

ALEMASTER
well let say wolvi damages iron mans jets AAAAHHHH???

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Creshosk
He's got adamantium claws . . . What could he have made it out of that's light enough to not be a total drain on his sui's jets. . . and he's got the adamantium claws . . . and it couldn't be too thick considering his chest's volume adds to the total thickness of iron man. . . and did I mention the adamantium claws?

I'm not even going to get upset or anything at you, I just want to try and help you here.

Seriously.

Let's think about this logically.

Let's say you have a VERY SHARP, UNBREAKABLE UH...Katana. Or axe. Or Longsword. I don't care, it honestly doesn't matter.

Okay, now let's give you peak human strength (850 lbs at the max).

One more piece to this experiment.

Add a 2-3 inch thick slab of crap, it doesn't matter...solid steel.

Just imagine a rectangle of steel. 1'x6"x3" of steel.

Now, take your katana/axe/whatever and, as hard as you can given your peak human strength, attempt to pierce this slab of metal.

You won't be able to.

No matter how sharp or unbreakable your blade is, you just won't have the force required to break through the surface of the steel. It's just too thick and too dense for you to pierce it with the blade.

Same reason why Wolverine can't cut through and/or pierce Colossus with his adamantium claws.

And of course, we must remember that this is Iron Man. I'm sure he's developed some uber strong armor that's not all that heavy for comic purposes.

ALEMASTER
WELL PUT

Creshosk
I'm not even going to get upset or anything at you, I just want to try and help you here.

Seriously.

Let's say you have a VERY SHARP, UNBREAKABLE UH...Katana. Or axe. Or Longsword. I don't care, it honestly doesn't matter.

Now, take your katana/axe/whatever and, as hard as you can given your peak human strength, attempt to pierce this slab of metal.

You won't be able to.

No matter how sharp or unbreakable your blade is, you just won't have the force required to break through the surface of the steel. It's just too thick and too dense for you to pierce it with the blade.

Same reason why Wolverine can't cut through and/or pierce Colossus with his adamantium claws.

And of course, we must remember that this is Iron Man. I'm sure he's developed some uber strong armor that's not all that heavy for comic purposes.

Adamantium cuts through Steel like a hot knife through butter, I don't need to worry about force if the blade is sharp enough. Which wolverine's claws are.

He'll never cut Ironman, cause Ironman can freaking fly and blast him with lasers. Not because the suit is "something that not even adamantium can cut." Cripes go read some marvel comics or something. . .

Metalmanx
Okay, so tell me why Wolverine can't cut through Colossus then? I mean, if his claws are sharp enough, he should be able to do it.

Creshosk
Collosus's organic steel is a bit different from regular steel. . .

Tony Stark
Originally posted by K3VIL
Cause if it's so:
We also should remember Iron Man hasn't got the killer istinct and the thirst of blood like Logan, who even now, after over 100 years of fights and experience, is more riflessive but sometimes let the claws go out and prefer to beat down then do some questions.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Are you saying that the smartest computer on the earth (Tony's armor) Is only going to have just radar tracking. I think not.

Wolvie doesn't put out heat trail now? Everybody knows Ironman has never had heat sensors.

I'm sure he doesn't have a sensor for ultra sensitive hearing. (like a heartbeat) I forgot Wolvie can stop his heart from beating and continue to do everything normally.

Ironman would stick his fist down Wolvie's throat and turn on the repulsors.

And later that afternoon he would mount Logans head above his personal fireplace in his master bedroom on one of his 200ft yachts, while entertaining the Swedish bikini team who are all staying for the week. On loan in payment for a bet lost on the bakarac table in Brussels last weekend.

Ironman obliterates Wolverine.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic) Are you saying that the smartest computer on the earth (Tony's armor) Is only going to have radar tracking only. I think not.

Wolvie doesn't put out heat trail now? Everybody knows Ironman has never had heat sensors.

I'm sure he doesn't have a sensor for ultra sensitive hearing. (like a heartbeat) I forgot Wolvie can stop his heart from beating and continue to do everything normally.

Ironman would stick his fist down Wolvie's throat and turn on the repulsors.

And later that afternoon he would mount Logans head above his personal fireplace in his master bedroom on one of his 200ft yachts, while entertaining the Swedish bikini team who are all staying for the week. On loan in payment for a bet lost on the bakarac table in Brussels last weekend.

Ironman obliterates Wolverine. The outcome would probably be that way, but I don't know about getting too close to him. . . that's where his reach is. . and his claws are. . .

CorderaMitchell
Uhhhhhhhh, wolverine wins up close like spiderman did, but since wolverine has no way to get up there, this is an obsolete match, unless he gets jetpacks in his femurs.

Lord S

Seriously.

You won't be able to.

And of course, we must remember that this is Iron Man. I'm sure he's developed some uber strong armor that's not all that heavy for comic purposes. Excellent post.

No wonder why I couldn't chop down the tree with the kitchen knife when I was a kid! laughing

People always forget about simple things such as force...if it was Thor, I'm sure he would have no trouble slicing IM or Colossus in half if he had an Adamantium sword...cause he actually has the force behind it.

Creshosk
Excellent post.

No wonder why I couldn't chop down the tree with the kitchen knife when I was a kid! laughing

People always forget about simple things such as force...if it was Thor, I'm sure he would have no trouble slicing IM or Colossus in half if he had an Adamantium sword...cause he actually has the force behind it. People also tend to forget about the fact that Comic book physics and science don't often go along with Comic book physics and science.

A stainless steel butter knife is made of the same material as a stainless steel steak knife.

But hey if they are the same material, it'd take the same amount of force to cut through something wouldn't it?

Because I mean basic application of force to a single point doesn't apply does it?

What cuts better? An axe or a hammer?

CorderaMitchell
That is proificiency.

A piercing object has been made to exert EXTREME pressure over a small area, like a pencil or arrow.

Flatten 2 sides, and it becomes slashing, does damage in a line, but doesn't penetrate. A katana.

Blunt is massive force over a massive area a hammer.

Thrusting is like piercing, but deadlier, and cannot be released.

Zahit
Originally posted by Tony Stark
:Ironman would stick his fist down Wolvie's throat and turn on the repulsors.

Ironman obliterates Wolverine.
well said, sir.....well said.......clapping

CorderaMitchell
But can we be so sure.......... confused

black robb
I would love to see how the fanboys figure out how Wolvie wins this

CorderaMitchell
They have, Iron man is sleeping.

Zahit
or the time iron man was on a 24-hour canadian dry bender....

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/142/img/op1603.jpg

CorderaMitchell
How'd that go?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Zahit
or the time iron man was on a 24-hour canadian dry bender....

http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine/niven/142/img/op1603.jpg Fortune city cross link error. . .

Zahit
ahem.....

CorderaMitchell
damn, thats why I asked..

Creshosk
Originally posted by Zahit
ahem..... I have that one. . .

Wolverine . . might be able to take him. . . dunno though. . . That would factor luck and chance into the fight at least.

Zahit
only a severely drunk or asleep iron man gets beat by wolverine.
anything less.....would be......a massacre......

CorderaMitchell
lol, this doesn't take much thought, wolverine cannot touch him.

Its worse than storm versus colossus by your own definition cresh... stick out tongue

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
lol, this doesn't take much thought, wolverine cannot touch him.

Its worse than storm versus colossus by your own definition cresh... stick out tongue Zahit's right, wolverine MIGHT be able to get him if he's severly drunk. . . Tony got pretty bad in the demon in the bottle era. . .

Then again there is tenchi Muyo where Ryooki's flying got better (more erratic and unpredictable) when she got drunk. . .

CorderaMitchell
lol

drunk or asleep, but IM would probably fly into the ocean and kill himself.

Creshosk
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
lol

drunk or asleep, but IM would probably fly into the ocean and kill himself. Maybe if he thought it was his brand of beer. . .

Other wise wolverine only stands a chance if Iron man gets close. . .

But that ain't happening. . .

CorderaMitchell
Wolverine has a knack of making people come close.

But blasting would be so much more satisfying....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.